• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 1,557 Views, 14 Comments

Lightning - Mr Foster



When lightning is visited by princess celestia to do a dangerous mission, he embarks on a quest

  • ...
5
 14
 1,557

Chapter 7

It was nightfall, or whatever End world had instead of nightfall. I had found the portal well, or that’s what I called it. It was covered in dirt, but it was much easier to smash. After I activated the portal, I threw down my saddle bags, and repaired my wing as much as possible. I left the scroll in the saddlebags, and I flew off, as well as I could to where the lightning was striking. The plan I had was most likely going to get me killed, but, if Rainbow Dash could survive, I could save pony kind. I flew through the air, slightly wobbly, I landed carefully on a rock near the clearing, and gained all the energy I could. By the time I was finished, there were blue arcs of electricity flowing all around my body, and I looked like a small pony, in a huge barrier of blue aura. I saw Rainbow Dash strapped down in the clearing, and the Alicorn circling her. Hopefully the Alicorn was up for flying, because I needed her to do that.

“Hey! Loner!” I screamed at the Alicorn. She immediately turned around, and glared at me, or what looked like a glare. Can’t really tell with eyeless creatures.

“The name is Venus, not loner!” She shouted at me, scraping the ground with her hoof. I took a deep breathe, and launched myself at the Alicorn, I mean, Venus, and struck her with my electric forehoof. She skidded backwards, giving me enough time to unstrap Rainbow Dash from her bindings.
“Go! The scrolls in my saddle bags by the portal hole! Get it, and get out!” I yelled into her face, blocking her from the charge of energy Venus was making.

“But-.” Started Rainbow Dash, but I put a hoof up to her mouth.

“I’ll be fine. I promise.” I said, giving her a determined smile. She gave me a worried look, and leaned in quickly to give me a hug.

“Be careful.” She said, and then flew away abruptly.

“I see what you did there, clever boy. Too bad it won’t matter.” Said the Alicorn, who was aiming a beam at Rainbow Dash. I jumped in front of the beam, the energy exploding against my chest. My aura flickered, and I flew away. The Alicorn flew after me, firing bolts of energy at me. I dodged them easily, as I flew near the portal. Rainbow Dash flew into the portal, and I saw her get sucked down, and I sighed with relief. Now all I had to do was destroy Venus.

I looked back, watching as Pegasi monsters flew behind her. She said something to them, but she was too far off, and the wind carried her words. They flew next to me, and I saw they were going to try and crash into me. Not happening, bud. As two of them tried to sandwich me, I flew down, and let them crash into each other. They tumbled off into the land below, and the other 3 did the same maneuver. I launched myself out of the way, letting the monsters crash into each other, once again. At this point Venus was gaining on me, and the portal was right in front of me. I bled speed, and let Venus fly past me. I then tackled her into the portal, flying strait down as fast as I possibly could.

“What are you doing? You will never defeat me!” Shouted Venus, who was hitting my head with her hoof.

“I beg to differ!” I screamed, when I realized she was turning me into a “dread” monster. I flew faster, feeling my body losing power. We flew into the portals time jumping area, and we flew through the time of a huge mechanical city, and I saw a massive meteor hit the side of the land, sending a massive shockwave. I continued to fly down, noticing my hooves were now turned black. We hit the second time barrier, and I bank upwards, flying towards Ponyville, while still moving in a downward angle. My energy was now faltering, but I felt the tug of air friction on us.

“What are you doing? Are you insane? You’ll kill us both!” Shouted the Alicorn, who was now panicking, and hitting me with her hooves.

“That’s the plan, ma’am!” I shouted in anger, as we flew through the time slot, into present day. The air friction was so great that I knew this was going to be the most powerful sonic boom I’ve ever done. I was grinding my teeth as my bandages flew off, revealing my brutal cuts and bruises. Tears were ripped from my eyes as I flew over Ponyville. I saw the factory, and I knew it was my best bet. At this point, the electricity around me was so great; I was shocking the Alicorn ever second or so. I flew straight up, and then turned over, keeping my speed. I was doing a point blank dive straight at the factory, which would probably kill me with the humongous explosion.

“Don’t do this! You’ll regret it!” Screamed Venus, who was now panicking beyond belief. She had figured out that I was going to smash into the factory, and she kept on smashing my rips, even tearing feathers out of my wings. I couldn’t speak, my body so tired and hurt from the “Dread” that Venus had put on me. I hit the sound barrier, the arrow head shaped streamline in front of me. I broke the sound barrier, and I saw one of the Alicorn’s wings rip off, blood flying everywhere. She screamed in agony, as the electricity tore through her body, destroying blood vessels, and many other things.

“Ready to die?” I asked through the wind, growing closer and closer to the factory.

“Curse you! In the afterlife, you will remember this place, and yearn to be back here again, but never be able to touch it!” Screamed Venus, her horn glowing red. I felt the energy mix with my aura, and my aura turned a light purple. I was pretty sure that she was serious about the curse, but I didn’t care. The factory was within a hundred yards at this point, and I closed my eyes.

“Goodbye.” I muttered, hitting the factory. A massive mushroom cloud erupted, sending explosive blue electricity everywhere. The energy was so massive the factory was reduced to dust. Nothing more, nothing less. The trees in the ever free forest lost all their leaves, the clouds left the sky. The whole town thought that a mega-spell had gone off, and were rushing for cover.


After about a minute, the dust settled, even though electricity still floated through the air. At this point, ponies started to come in to look at the damage. I lay there, my eyes staring at the sun. All that was left of Venus, was a large, bloody spatter, like someone had thrown a tomato at the wall. I lay in the middle of it, bleeding everywhere. I wasn’t sure which blood was mine, and was Venus’. I was barely awake, or alive, for that matter. My heart rate was way low, and I could barely breathe. Then, a pony stood over me. I couldn’t make out who it was, through my blurry vision, but I had a good idea of who it was.
“Lightning?” asked Rainbow Dash, nudging me with her nose.

I opened my mouth, but no words came out. I just lay there, staring into Rainbow Dash’s eyes. She stared directly back, and I saw tears form in her eyes.

“Don’t do this, Lightning. Don’t leave me.” Said Rainbow Dash, laying her head across my chest. My blood stained her blue coat, but she didn’t seem to care.

Soarin’ and Spitfire came up, trying to see what was happening. But when they saw me, Soarin’ turned away, and Spitfire walked down, and put a hoof on Rainbow Dash’s shoulder.

Rainbow dash stood up, as Princess Celestia flew down, walking over to us.

Celestia murmured something to Rainbow Dash, and she nodded. She pulled the scroll out of the saddlebag, and gave it to her guards, who flew it back to Canterlot.
Celestia then walked over to me, and looked me in the eyes.

“You have done all of us a great service. You have saved us from certain death, and in the process, destroyed the Goddess of destruction. But I am afraid I cannot save you, just prolong your strength for a few moments more. You deserve it, as a hero. Not just a pony.” Celestia said, her eyes slightly tearing up. She put her horn to my head, and I felt a bit of strength rush to my head.

“Thank you.” I said softly, sputtering blood as I spoke.

“No, thank you. Now, Rainbow Dash, would you like to speak to him?” Asked Celestia, turning to Rainbow Dash. She nodded, and then trotted over.

“Rainbow, I just wanted to say, thank you. For being there. I would have never made it through that hell hole if it wasn’t for you. You gave me the strength to fight the goddess head on. If it wasn’t for you, I would still be laying bloody on that beach. I-.” I started to make this long speech for her, using the last of my strength, but Rainbow Dash just put a hoof to my mouth.

“I know. And I wanted to thank you, for saving my life, and giving me another friend. And for giving me someone to trust in.” She started. “For someone to love.” She finished, and gently placed her lips to mine. I felt something well up inside me, and then die down. We released each other, and I was vaguely aware that I was slowly losing consciences. Rainbow Dash’s face grew into the emotion of panic, but I calmed her.

“Don’t worry. We’ll meet again, someday. Just remember me, till then, okay?” In asked, my eyes slowly closing.

“Okay. I-I love you.” She murmured so no one could hear her. My eyes closed slowly, for the final time. It was actually quite relaxing, letting go of everything, as I drifted off into eternal sleep. Or so I thought.