• Published 16th Nov 2015
  • 810 Views, 19 Comments

Hope - Flutterbat276



After failing at becoming a Wonderbolt somehow, Rainbow becomes saddened by her defeat. A friend of hers comes and tries to help before it's too late.

  • ...
1
 19
 810

Chapter Two: A Soarin' Fire

"What do you mean you already sent the denial letter!" Soarin's voice boomed in the office of his superior.

"Look, Soarin', I know you love Rainbow, but it's not like I had any choice in the matter! It was the flight executive's decision!" Spitfire replied, her usually professional tone had disappeared from her voice as she yelled.

"You know that she wanted to be a Wonderbolt ever since she saw Wind Ryder and Hurricane Winds perform at Junior Speedsters Flight Camp! Why didn't you object!"

"Because I don't have that authority, Soarin'! Do you think I wanted to deny her admission! Huh, Soarin'? Do you! If it were up to me, I would've given her the official team badge face to face on a buckin' silver platter at the throne room with Celestia herself to assist me, but it wasn't up to me, now was it!" Spitfire roared, tears beginning to stream down her cheeks.

"I...I..." Soarin' started, but he soon found out that he was speechless. Spitfire was right. It wasn't up to her or him as to whether Rainbow became a Wonderbolt or not. It was down to the flight executive to make the final say in the matter, and Soarin' had let his anger get the better of him this time. He bolted out the door as quickly as he could manage to head to Ponyville. He had to make sure Rainbow was okay! He just had to!

Author's Note:

Short, I know, but hey, a chapter's a chapter, am I right?