• Published 12th Nov 2015
  • 793 Views, 29 Comments

Different Dimensions - Twinx



A story of the life of a lost soul who wishes to find out who he was!

  • ...
12
 29
 793

Chapter 5 - Contact Part 2

Isn’t that what life is? A bunch of random chances. - Original by Me


Chapter 5 – Contact Part 2 (P.O.V. 3rd Person Focused on William)

Taking out the map from the saddle bag. ‘Ok now which way do I go.’ he thought as he looked over the map. "looks like a straight path from here to the library I hope I see a shop where I can get something to eat I’m still feeling weak from the Doctor taking some my magic." William said as he put the map away he continued to walk towards the library taking in the sights everything from the ponies ;who ranged in almost every way from color to type, he started to feel upset not one looked even remotely familiar to him; to the shops ranging from supply shops to vendors selling their goods. "Nothing looks even slightly familiar to me *Sigh* perhaps I'm really am farther from home than I …" he paused as he noticed a particularly odd-looking building that he had a feeling was straight out of a fairytale It looked like the building itself could be eaten being made of a material shaped like colorful candies and frosting decorating the whole building even the small boxed in areas for flowers had frosting looking edges ‘OK, not sure but I feel I’ve seen this place before well might as well go inside to see what it is.’

“Okie Dokie, enjoy your muffins Derpy I hope that Dinky and you have a super duper day!” William heard a voice from inside as he opened the door

‘Must be a bakery or something sure smells like it and she did say something about muffins so I must have gotten lucky.’

"Next." He heard, this time, it was clearly coming from the front of the shop.

‘looks like there is a line I had better wait my turn then.’

"What will you have Misty?" the voice said to whoever was next.

After the 5 or so ponies who the pony serving all addressed by name ‘How does she know all their names oh well looks like I’m up next after this pony.’ he thought to be next in line.

“Afternoon Yak Yak have any good jokes for me today.” Yak Yak was a yellow pony with a laughing pony silhouette as his cutiemark.

"Yes, I do Pinkie. How many apples do you need to make a pie?” replied Yak Yak.

“How many?” The clearly pink pony with poofy pink mane replied grinningly.

“3.14.” he said.

“Oh, I get it it’s the math term for pi good one. So what will you have?” Asked the pink mare.

“I’ll have my usual Pinkie Pie.”

‘That must be her name.’ William thought.

“Okie Dokie Lokie, Yak Yak one coffee and caramel glazed donut coming up!" she said racing through a pair of swinging doors leading to what William guessed was the preparation part of the bakery.

“Here you go one coffee prepared the way you like it and a caramel glazed donut that will be 3 bits pretty please.” She said zipping out to give Yak Yak his order.

“Thanks, Pinkie here you go." Yak Yak replied giving her 3 of the golden coins.

‘wow If that’s all then I guess Forester did give me more than enough bits’ William thought, remembering there being quite a few in the pouch in his saddle bag.

“Have a super duper day.” She said with a large smile on her face “Next.” William stepped up. "And what can I …" she paused to look at him "OH MY GOSH A NEW PONY!!" William looked at her questioningly.

“Uh, hi my name’s William and I don’t see why me being new would be a big deal.”

“Wait did you say William?” she said in an eager voice.

“Um, ya nice to meet you Pinkie was it?” he said confused to what was the big deal.

“You’re the pony Forester is helping; nice to meet you and yes my name is Pinkamena Diane Pie but everypony just calls me Pinkie Pie for short by the way what's your favourite cake?"

“I don’t know, I can’t remember. Why?” He asked in a state of confusion.

“Oh you’re a silly pony Pinkie, how did I forget you don’t remember your past do you?” She said a little less cheerful.

“That’s right I don’t remember; even what my true name is; you probably heard of me from the newspaper right." He said remembering the doctor mentioned it being a big deal cause how rare amnesia was.

“No silly Billy Forester told me soon after he found you and I was like ohmygoshapossiblynewponythenIwaslikehowdoIwelcomethemandwishthemwellcauseForestertoldmeyouwherehurtandIwantedtodosomethingtohelpyoufeelbetterthenhetoldmethingsaboutyouasyougotbetterandeventuallywelearnedyoudidn'trememberwhoyouwereandIwasallsadbutgothappyafterIthoughtofhowtocheeryouup." William stood there more confused than ever

“Uhm, OK, anyway I would like something to eat maybe something with apples I really like apples so far.” He said choosing to ignore the random pony’s antics

"Oh how about a super yummy in the tummy apple cinnamon bun that’s really good.” She suggested.

"That sounds fine I'm not all too picky." ‘I wonder if she always acts like this?' he thought to himself.

“Okie Dokie Lokie, one apple cinnamon bun coming right up.” She said Zipping into the back.

‘Wow, she is fast, oh I better get out those bits so I can pay.' he thought as he sat down and reached into the saddle bag and got out the pouch ‘I hope I don't use too many of these .’

“Okie Dokie here you go one apple cinnamon bun straight out of the oven careful now it’s hot but it should cool down quickly.” Said a chipper Pinkie

“Oh, thanks, uhm how much do I need to pay for this?” he said holding the sweet smelling treat in one front hoof and the pouch in the other.

"Oh, this one is one the house, think of it as a Glad your better gift from me." She said still grinning ear to ear.

“You didn’t need to do that; I feel bad enough that Forester has given me all that he and his family has. I would feel bad if I took this without offering you something in return.” He said remembering all that has been done for him already and the want to repay the kindness shown to him somehow.

"Don't be Silly Willy I want to do it, you don't need to give me anything in return and you look like you could use a smile and a gift is one of the best ways to make anypony smile," Pinkie told William he smirked at the thought of all these ponies so willing to do things for him to help him. "See isn't better to smile."

“I guess so, thank you Pinkie are you sure there is nothing I can give you Forester did give me some bits to spend just in case.” He said.

“Nope, I like making ponies smile it’s my talent and I love making new friends in the process." Smiling larger than ever.

“Then I hope I’m one of your friends Pinkie.” He said putting the pouch back in the saddle bag and extending his hoof out to Pinkie.

“*GASP* Really you want to be my friend?” She asked reaching out her hoof in return. He shook it with his.

“Of course Pinkie why wouldn’t I want to, you seem to be a good pony and any pony willing to show a stranger like me such kindness deserves my friendship in my book no matter what.” William said with a smile on his face and shaking hooves with Pinkie.

"Oh, it's not that it's just I usually ask ponies to be my friend first not many ask me to be their friend." Pinkie explained a little less chipper.

“Well, I think being asked to be a friend means more than asking to be a friend and them saying yes don't you agree" William said with a grin and thinking ‘it's the least I can offer her for the free treat she gave me and I think she'll appreciate the gesture either way.'

"Oh, thank you so much, of course, I'll be your friend and yes I think your right it did mean more that you asked, so thank you so much for that." She said after leaping over the counter and hugging William with small tears in her eyes. William could tell that it meant the world to her to have him ask that and Pinkie was never going to forget what he had done for her knowing this William smiled that he could make her so happy.

"You're very welcome and there was no need to thank me it was the least I could do for you after you gave me this treat for free. I could tell that you deserved to be my friend just like Forester and his family but Pinkie." William told the extremely happy Pony who was hugging him.

"What is it, Buddy?" Pinkie asked.

“I think these other ponies are waiting for you to take their orders and as much as I appreciate the hug I have somewhere to go.” William said staring at the line behind him.

“Ops, Sorry everypony.” She shouted, “Thanks, William you can't know how much that meant to me and I promise that" She paused "No, I Pinkie Promise that from this point on I'll do the best I can to stay your friend Cross my heart, hope to fly, put a cupcake in my eye." She explained while doing a cross action over her heart with her right hoof then flailing her arms at her sides and finishing by putting her right hoof over her left eye.

“I believe you Pinkie Pie now I should get going I promise that next time I get the chance I’ll try to stop by again to see you, Ok.”

"Okie Dokie William, I'll see you again later." She said with a large grin. On his way out he heard Pinkie say "Next" this time sounded that extra chipper then the previous times he had heard it.

‘I’m glad I could make her so happy even if she is a bit random I think she will be a good friend to have.’ He thought as he took out the apple cinnamon bun and took a bite ‘WOW, this is really good I’ll have to thank Pinkie next time I see her. Now that I have something to eat I better keep on going.’ He continued down the street towards the library along the way continuing to eat his treat. ‘I wonder why I recognized that shop but haven't recognized any of the others or not.' William thought as he finished off his cinnamon bun to see a purple building with pillars in between the window decorated with a carousel decoration like structure at the top. ‘I wonder what this building is it does have an open sign must be some kind of shop might as well check it out see I remember anything.'


Author's Notes
Wow, this chapter has a lot more to it than I originally thought it would I know this is early considering I said I wouldn't have it ready till the start of next month but I had a lot more extra time on my hands this month. I hope next chapter will be the final of the William P.O.V. portion then I make the move into the P.O.V. of Twilight as a slight retelling of the chapters And as always Thanks for Reading Darlings:raritywink: