• Published 15th Nov 2015
  • 6,234 Views, 208 Comments

Family of a Lifetime - TyrannosaurusVenom



Life can throw you many surprises, and Scootaloo is about to be thrown one of the biggest surprises she'll ever see.

  • ...
19
 208
 6,234

The Lesser Evil Returns

It was a day that Scootaloo had been dreading, but it was going to happen before long: Diamond Tiara's return. Her two month suspension had passed in all the excitement of everything that had happened. Scootaloo knew that Diamond Tiara hadn't changed, she was just going to try and get back at Scootaloo for what Tyrannosaurus and Indominus did. This time her saviors weren't going to be around to watch her and it made the filly nervous. She hoped that the day would be over before the tiara wearing drama queen could cause any trouble.

All the way to school, Scootaloo was so nervous about how the day would turn out. Rainbow Dash and the dinosaurs could see it in her eyes.

"Don't worry about it Scootaloo. She'll probably be too terrified of your saviors to try anything."

"I just don't know Rainbow Dash, she's unpredictable when it comes to causing trouble."

"Well of anything goes down, we'll be right there to help you, won't we guys?" The dinosaurs nodded their heads as they reached the school.

Tyrannosaurus and Indominus gave Scootaloo extra nuzzles this time, they knew how bad Diamond Tiara could be. After all, they had smacked her and Silver Spoon all over the school yard the last time she hurt Scootaloo. Now that they had been given protection by Celestia, there was nothing Diamond Tiara could do to stop them. The dinosaurs made their way into the forest as school started for the Crusaders. Two of them however, were not going to take any chances.

Tyrannosaurus chose to stay behind so he could alert the others in anything happened. Blue also chose to stay with Tyrannosaurus after seeing how concerned he was for Scootaloo. The raptor could feel the rage from him when they saw the two ponies that could only be Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon heading into the building. The little raptor was going to be in for an eventful afternoon after seeing how angry T-Rex was.


Scootaloo tensed as she saw Diamond Tiara walk into the building. Two months ago she had been battered by her saviors and had her ego torn to pieces. When she walked in, it was like nothing had changed. She still looked and acted like the same arrogant bully that had always had her way with everything. Her friend however, seemed far different than before.

Silver Spoon looked uncomfortable being near Diamond Tiara now. The experience of being attacked by Tyrannosaurus and Indominus had changed her far more. She looked like she truly regretted her decision to bully Scootaloo. Unfortunately she had to keep that regret hidden from Diamond Tiara. She would voice her opinion to Diamond Tiara when the time was right.

"Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, I see that you both have recovered from your encounter with Scootaloo's saviors. I trust that you both wrote out your apology letters to her."

"Yes Miss Cheerilee, we did," Diamond Tiara said through gritted teeth. She was mainly furious because the investigators hadn't caught the dinosaurs. They had outsmarted Diamond Tiara and made a fool of her all at once.

"Before we begin class today, you two will give your apology letters to Scootaloo. Diamond Tiara, you go first."

The pink filly fixed her angry gaze at Scootaloo as she said her letter through gritted teeth.

"Dear Scootaloo,

I'm sorry that I picked on you and beat you up. I learned my lesson after getting bested by your saviors. I won't pick on you or anypony else from now on.

from,

Diamond Tiara"

"Somehow I don't think I'll be getting much respect from her either way. I hope that at least one of the dinosaurs is keeping lookout," Scootaloo thought to herself after Diamond Tiara finished her letter and went to her desk.

Silver Spoon read her letter, and everypony could feel the honest sincerity in her voice.

"Dear Scootaloo,

I truly am sorry for the pain I caused you. I've heard everything about your saviors, and I was wrong to say you don't have a caring family. They've been looking after you like a real family should, I didn't realize it back then. After I heard how they helped put your neglectful parents away, I see now that they are caring creatures. I promise that I won't cause you any more pain.

from,

Silver Spoon"

"If she really meant all of that, then I hope the boys hear her thoughtful apology as well."

Silver Spoon took her seat after reading her apology and the class began as usual.

When lunch came around, it was the moment of truth for the Crusaders. They would find out for themselves if Diamond Tiara had really improved during her time away. The pink filly and her friend made their way towards the Crusaders, and Scootaloo felt a lump form in her throat. Fear was gripping her on the inside, and it made her worry about what Diamond Tiara would do. Yet she had to be strong, she couldn't depend on her saviors to bail her out all the time.

"Well blank flank crusaders, it has been awhile."

"Ah can see that having your life spared didn't do much to change yer attitude," said Applebloom.

"Is getting back at us really worth more to you than living," Sweetie Belle asked.

"Oh I'll get back at all of you, but my first priority is getting back at those monsters. They made a fool out of me and embarrassed me in front of the entire school. I will make them pay." Diamond Tiara began to advance towards Scootaloo while Silver Spoon stayed behind this time. "You are the source of my trouble, so I'll make them suffer with your pain."

The tiara wearing filly was so preoccupied that she didn't notice the dinosaurs sneaking up behind the crusaders. She was about to throw a punch at Scootaloo when Blue sprang into action. The raptor leaped towards the group and clamped down on Diamond Tiara's hoof. The bully was taken aback by the sharp teeth and the death stare Blue was giving her. She was helpless when Blue swung her forward where she was smashed by Tyrannosaurus's head.

T-Rex's attack drove her across the schoolyard and left Diamond Tiara in a crumpled heap. Tyrannosaurus let loose a roar into the sky, and loud footsteps were heard almost immediately. In a matter of minutes, Indominus, Charlie, Delta and Echo were standing by the Crusaders. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash arrived soon afterwards, they had heard T-Rex's roar and hurried over.

"Are you hurt Scootaloo?"

"No, thanks to T-Rex and Blue." The rex and raptor nuzzled Scootaloo for her compliment.

"You...you monsters will pay for this," the group heard Diamond Tiara's voice as she struggled to walk over. "I had complete control, everypony did what I told them and nopony dared to stand against me. Until you creatures came along and destroyed my reputation."

Indominus angrily carved out a response to Diamond Tiara's babbling. Rainbow Dash decided to speak his response for him.

"You brought this on yourself you stubborn rat. We attacked you because you hurt our Scootaloo."

"Nopony talks to me like that! You monsters made a fool of me, and we will make you suffer, right Silver Spoon?"

The other fillies had gathered to see what was happening after hearing Diamond Tiara rambling like a lunatic. Silver Spoon finally had the perfect opportunity to voice her opinion.

"No. I'm not helping you this time."

The jaws of every filly dropped at what they had heard: Silver Spoon was speaking against Diamond Tiara. They had always seemed inseparable, but for the first time a rift had been formed in their friendship.

"What?! But Silver Spoon, you're my best friend."

"Am I, because lately I've felt like a lackey instead of a friend. Besides, that's not the issue at hoof, you should be focused on what you're doing. What do you plan to do now that the dinosaurs have gathered against you? Insult them? Try to attack Scootaloo in front of them?"

"First I will make them pay."

"HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO THAT? They've proven that they can stop you once already, now it's just going to be worse. You never think anything through. This is exactly what happened when we attacked Scootaloo those two months ago. We beat her up, and then we were helpless against her saviors."

"I would've figured something out."

"NO! If she hadn't calmed them down, we would've been killed! I thought long and hard about the choice I made, and I regret it so much. I now see that they were looking after Scootaloo, they were only defending her. You on the other hoof, are so obsessed with getting your way that you failed to see that. This pathetic vendetta you have against the dinosaurs is your own fault!"

The dinosaurs watched in amazement as Silver Spoon walked over to the completely speechless filly.

"Face it Diamond Tiara, you have been beaten. You are a weak excuse of a pony, and you are no friend of mine."

A gasp fell over the crowd as Silver Spoon punched Diamond Tiara across the face. The filly looked at Silver Spoon in shock at what had happened. Her shock turned to anger and she let out a furious scream. Diamond Tiara ran away from the schoolyard with her eyes shut and didn't look back. The Crusaders looked at Silver Spoon in shock at what had happened.

"What? I don't have to follow her drama anymore. That aside, Scootaloo, would it be alright if I gave my apologies to your saviors?"

"Uh, sure, I don't see why not."

"Thank you, what are their names again?"

"Oh yeah, you didn't get to meet them properly last time." Scootaloo introduced each of the dinosaurs to Silver Spoon. Indominus and Tyrannosaurus didn't know what to think of her, two months ago she had attacked Scootaloo. Now she had stood up to Diamond Tiara and destroyed her more than they did. The dinosaurs eyed her curiously as she slowly walked up to them.

"Indominus, Tyrannosaurus," the dinosaurs looked down at the grey filly. "I know what I did before was wrong, I deserved that beating you two dished out. I truly regret my decision to insult Scootaloo, I've seen how much she means to the both of you. I don't expect either of you to forgive me, but I can promise that I will never pick on her or her friends, ever again. All I want, is for there to be no ill-will between us, I am truly sorry for the pain I caused."

The rexes were shocked at the amount of honesty Silver Spoon was giving them. She had thought long and hard about her decision during her time away. There was no way either of them could ignore such a heartfelt and sincere apology. The carnivores took a step back and bowed their heads at Silver Spoon.

"Looks like you've gained their approval and respect," said Scootaloo.

Silver Spoon had a look of gratefulness on her face, but it changed to one of happiness when the dinosaurs nuzzled her. She couldn't help but giggle at the warm affection.

"See, they're really not bad creatures, once ya get to know them," said Applebloom.

"I can see why you girls love them so much," Silver Spoon said after the rexes had given their approval. She then turned back to face the CMC. "So, no hard feelings between us Crusaders?"

"No hard feelings," the three ponies said in unison. They then shared a hoof bump with Silver Spoon.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy had stayed silent the whole time, letting the scene play out. They were quite pleased with how things turned out.

"Alright, now that that's settled, are you ready to join us, T-Rex and Blue?"

The rex and raptor nodded their heads and followed Fluttershy and the other raptors back to her cottage.

"Well squirt, what are you girls gonna do about Diamond Tiara," Rainbow asked.

"I think we should at least make sure she's alright," Scootaloo said.

"Yeah, just because she's never cared about anypony else's feelings, doesn't mean we shouldn't care about hers," Applebloom added.

"That's very noble of you girls. Indominus, I assume you're going with them to see for yourself?" The hybrid nodded his head. "Alright, in that case I gotta get back to work. See ya after school Scootaloo."

Rainbow took to the sky and was on her way back to work. The Crusaders and Indominus followed after Diamond Tiara. They were going to use their lunch find out where she had gone. The CMC sneaked around town while Indominus camouflaged himself, trying to find the filly that had been their bully for so long. When they found her, the Crusaders and hybrid were in for the shock of their lives. They had found the source of Diamond Tiara's bullying for so many years.

Author's Note:

Yeah, I had to leave it on a cliffhanger. It's going to help set the stage for the next chapter, and hopefully, put an end to all the bullying. Only four chapters are left until this story draws to a close. What will the CMC and Indominus discover about Diamond Tiara? You'll have to wait until the next chapter to find out.