• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 505 Views, 5 Comments

Another world in the darkness - Thunder Facade



3 friends discover an ancient mith and decide to found out what is it all about.

  • ...
 5
 505

on the other side

“HOLY FUCK” Anthony hardly said because of the “expanding” feelings we felt while traveling through the portal. I could only hear his weak voice, I felt the fresh air pass through my face and filling my lungs with air “at least I didn’t died shocked” I thought, the feeling of fresh air entering my lungs and the tall wide grass feeling like a bed of dark green, I could finally open my eyes, “dark grass? tall trees? Where the hell am I?” I had questions all over, filling my mind with confusion, I saw Daniel getting up and talking with Anthony, strangely I could not stand nor hear their voices, I still felt under a building, desperately I started sweating, baring my teeth and squeezing my eyes trying to make a single move, but still nothing, not even a finger. Daniel saw me in death man pose and helped me get on my feet again, the time I was standing normally I felt like if I was under a big pool and someone pulled me out of it.

“Are you alright Alex?” Daniel’s voice sounded worried and Anthony’s gaze was upon me, he had a very frightened face, at last I found my voice again

“I’m alright guys”

“I thought you were a dead man he he he” said Anthony bursting into laughter; I stretched myself to repair some of the pain in my back.

“Where the heck are we Daniel?”

“I honestly don’t have a single clue…”

“Seems like a forest doesn’t it?”he didn’t answered me, insted Daniel turned his head back, as soon as he did so did I, and there it was: the other side of the portal, we were to concentrated on the portal that we didn’t noticed that there was a human skeleton on the ground close to the portal, as soon as I saw it my heart beating increased suddenly and my eyes were wide open, “who killed this guy? Or what killed him?” my mind asked, there was a very big backpack on his bony back; it didn’t seem to suffer of any damage “Watcha’ guys looking at?”Anthony came slowly at where we were standing “Oh my god! ,what the fuck happened in here?!”

“I don’t even wanna now Anthony” I told him, Daniel walked in closer to the sack of bones to reach the back pack, he took a while to take it from the dead man, it felt bad even seeing that, like stealing a coin out of a dead man’s pocket, “Rest in peace my friend” Daniel whispered to the skeleton. We opened the back pack and smiled at what we saw in it: there were 2 m1416’s (knives) and 2 butcher knives, one cocktail Molotov; (though there was nothing to fire it) 5 bottles of water and some canned meat.

“Well whoever this guy was he sure was well defended” said Daniel

“And what or who could have killed such a well armed man?” said Anthony with a little fear in his voice

“I guess…”I stared at one of the m1416’s for a second “I guess we’ll find out soon enough” trying to sound as brave as I could to increase the moral of my friends, but the thought of someone with army weapons killed in here just made me tremble from the fear. Anthony grabbed one of the m1416’s and I took the other one, while Daniel closed the back pack and put it on his back.

“Soooooo…” Anthony started “Where shall we go now?” with an intriguing face begging for an answer

“Don’t look at me” said Daniel, “Hey Alex, what do you think? “

“Uh, wa?” I hadn’t slept since we arrived at Greece, and I was almost daydreaming

“I said, where you think we should go?” I looked around, we were surrounded by trees the moon was in its 12o’clock position, for some reason it looked different, it was brighter, a little bigger and it didn’t had that bunny shape anymore.

”Uhmmm…” I turned to look at my watch I’ve almost had forgotten that I had one “its 167 hours with 30 minu???...” I didn’t know what was happening, how can there be 167 hours? And how the seconds could be on a countdown?

“Huh?, did you said 167 hours?” Daniel now the one with the intriguing face.

“Let me see that” said Anthony as both Daniel and Anthony walked forward me.

“What the hell means this, why is your watch on a countdown for one week?” said Daniel with a frustrated voice, Anthony just sigh at the sight of the countdown, I took another look at the portal while Daniel tried to “fix” my watch, the portal still had the black ether in its hole.

“Maybe…”I whispered

“Maybe what?” said Daniel; frustrated because he couldn’t fix the watch, I didn’t respond to any command it was given.

“Maybe it is the time have until the portal closes” my voice sounded like if it was asking that sentence instead of saying it, Daniel, angry, turned his head to take a look at the portal, he saw that indeed it still had its black ether in its hole.

“Seems fair enough” his voice now with more confidence, I was expecting another answer but then he told Anthony and me with an almost leader pose and voice.

“Ok, this seems like another old forest, I guess we are still on earth, let’s go find the damn city and get out of this hellhole, before any animal(with his sarcastic voice) tries to eat us.

“Where to then Danni?” said Anthony with a tired voice and almost closed eyes, and really, I was surprised that Daniel seemed like if he had just waken up from a long sleep. There was an minute silence in the group, Daniel was still trying to think of an idea, me and Anthony were to sleepy to even think about it.

“Well, how about going to the west, where the sun rises?” I was thinking about what Daniel said, but Anthony was sleeping in his bipod position.

“I’m fine with it, how about you Tony?” as I thought he didn’t respond me, I asked him a second time, this time lauder.

“Oh, I don’t know (yawn) whatever” in his sleepy tone again, so we started walking through the trees to the west, Anthony finally got awake and was ready for anything that jumped from the darkness, as well as me, though a little afraid once again, Daniel followed us from behind, it was time to know if we really were in another world or if we were still on earth…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think im gonna need a little more time for chapter three (first contact) I would really appreciate I you could give me some advices on how to wright correctly the unique character of the main 6, thanks again for reading and rating/commenting “the truth is hidden inside our conscience”-Alex