• Published 4th Jun 2012
  • 985 Views, 10 Comments

Winter Secrets - bluebuzz2



When Twilight Sparkle hosts a sleepover, many deep, secret feelings are revealed.

  • ...
1
 10
 985

The Invatation

Applejack's mane fluttered in the cold night wind. Her deep emerald eyes reflected the twinkling stars. She took a slight step backwards, her feet crunching the withered grass. Although the step was slight, it was enough to back her into an apple tree. A lavender mare took another step forward, closing the distance between the two ponies. Twilight looked at Applejack, then leaned forward and tried to kiss her.

"Twi? Ya alright sugarcube?" The orange workhorse asked, looking down at the sleeping unicorn. Twilight Sparkle woke up from her nap with a shiver. "I knew that fixin' a whole barn would be tricky, but not that hard!"

"Duplicating a whole barn isn't something just anyone can do." The duplication spell she knew wasnt that hard, but she couldnt stay awake for ling after that kind of magic. She mumbled, trying to get up. She had been sprawled out on the ground, her open jaw allowing drool to slide down her cheek. She squirmed as she struggled to sit up, then finally was able to lift her body. "The grass was just so cozy…"

"Ah'm sorry, Twilight, if Ah'd known that dulicatin' mah barn was so hard, Ah would've called Rarity over to help ya."

"It's fine AJ, really. I mean, you can't help it if you're barn gets burned down." Applejack looked slightly upset, so Twilight decided to drop the subject. This is my chance. I just know it, my only real chance… "Hey Applejack, how would you like to sleep over at my house tonight?" She asked hopefully.

"Ah'd love that Twi! All six of us just havin' a party together, Ah'll go get ready." Twilight just smiled untill Applejack left.

"But it was going to be just us…" She whispered to the wind.

A few months ago, she wouldnt have felt uncomforatable telling Applejack that she wanted the sleepover to be just them. A few months ago, she wouldn't have even needed to tell Applejack that. The only reason she had planned this sleepover was because she wanted to tell Applejack about how she felt. Now she would have to confess her feelings in front of her friends. Don't panic, I can just get Applejack alone tonight. Her mind made up, she set off in search of the other four ponies she needed to find and invite.

----------

Rarity walked through the main street of Ponyville, making sure all eyes were on her. She had worked hard on a new fashion line the night before and was ready to show it off. Her flashy red hat looked like a campfire in the middle of the night, and was just as eye-opening. She triumphantly paraded into Sugarcube Corner, she had successfully advertised her new fashion line. Rarity looked around. Sugarcube Corner was filled with giant cakes and delicate pastries. They all looked delectable to her, but she knew now was not the time to admire such treats. The floor had been freshly swept and the counter tops were sparkling clean that must mean...

"Haiya Rarity! Wow, that's a bright new hat you got!" Squeaked a very energetic Pinkie Pie. "what's the occasion?" she asked.

"Well darling, the occasion was actually to come and talk to you. You see, Sweetie Belle's birthday is next week, and I need you to plan her suprise party." She explained.

"I love surprises! Of course I'll plan her birthday party! We can have cake and balloons and streamers and then we're going to play pin the tail on the pony and then open presents and oh my gosh she'll sooo surprised and then-"

"Hey girls!" Interrupted Twilight. She had heard Pinkie Pie's incredibly long sentence and decided to interrupt her before Rarity lost her patience. "I'm having a sleepover tonight, do you two want to come?" She asked.

"I would simply love to! I'll definitely come." She answered in a sweet, sophisticated voice.

"Well, you know how I love parties! I'll be there. Who else is coming?" Twilight thought about what to say for a moment.

"Applejack. I still have to invite Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, though.

"I can ask Fluttershy for you. I have to get going to our scheduled spa treatment. Ta ta!" with that, Rarity was out the door and ready to be pampered. Once again, she had the undivided attention of most of the ponies there, her attention-demanding hat making her extremely noticeable.

"I can go find Dashie for you!" She said. She bounced out of the bakery and in a random direction, no doubt looking for the cyan mare.

Twight walked off. There, everyone had been invited just like Applejack had wanted, and this sleepover was sure to be amazing. Just not quite like how Twight Sparkle had planned. Oh well, She thought. I'll just have to make this work. She sighed and set off for the library, she needed to get there early to get it ready for the sleepover.