• Published 22nd Nov 2011
  • 6,284 Views, 31 Comments

The Moon and All It's Magic. - SkypiDashie



Not long after Luna's return, she starts to fall in love with one of her saviors

  • ...
9
 31
 6,284

Part 2: Chapter 3

Finally, after much anticipation, I got this chapter done after my first week back to school. Sorry about the wait everybody, but I had a sickness all week, holding me back from writing at my own desk, pretty bad to say the least, but I got it done to continue the saga of this amazing fan fiction in my opinion.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


~The day before the party~

Luna was a absolute train wreck, preparing for when she was going to propose. Twilight seemed to notice her partners behavior and personality lately, making her worry. She wrapped her hoof around her, looking into her eyes.

“Are you okay Luna? I’m a tad bit worried.”

Luna shuffled away a little, trying to not break.

“It’s just.. The anticipation of this party.. I heard it’s going to be really good, making me worry. I got to socialize a bunch.”

Twilight raised a brow and stepped back. Curious why she said it, she continued to pressure her further.

“You came and just blatantly started talking to me and my friends, how are you still shy?”

“Just.. I was held back a lot when I was a filly, Celestia never wanted me to go to the Grand Galloping Gala, and this party is similar to that. I was the one who planned this party with her.”

Twilight smiled and hugged her partner, and walked off. Luna sighed and went out the door to go see her dress. Teleporting to Rarity’s, she walked right in without question to see her dress. Rarity tried to hide it but Luna lifted the covers with her magic.

“Princess! You are not supposed to see it yet! This is for tomorrow!” Rarity shouted, pulling the covers back over.

“I-I’m sorry Rarity.. I was anxious to see it..” Luna said with a frown. Rarity was wrecked at how she had just acted toward the princess.

“No no no.. I should be sorry for yelling at you, punish me if you wish.” She replied, clenching her eyes shut to what horror Luna could cause. She did not want to punish the young mare, instead, thank her.

“Tis’ fine Rarity. You had the right too, but I got to see my dress, and that was enough. Thank you.” Luna said, Rarity opening one eye just enough to see that she was not in trouble. Luna trotted out and Rarity let out a sigh of relief.

‘What was I thinking.. Making poor Rarity stress out like that..’ Luna thought to herself.

The party was approaching Luna like a brick wall, and it taunted her in the back of her mind. Could she bring herself to propose? Will Twilight become a secondary ruler of Canterlot because of this? She never put enough thought into it, making her worry about what Celestia might do if something doesn’t go accordingly to her expectations. These bad thoughts were pushed out of Luna’s mind and she carried on in life, to go check on preparations. Taking off from the ground, a circle of dust way left on the ground. All the ponies looked skyward to see the beautiful princess fly through the air. She looked down and looked at the whole town being decorated by everypony, but mainly Pinkie Pie, as she was put in charge to put this party together by Celestia herself. Seeing as everything was okay, Luna went around the city to check upon everything for a few hours. Seeing as everything was in order as usual, she went back to Twilight’s to talk with her for a while. Entering the library, Twilight was in a pile of books. It was a funny sight to see Twilight under so many books, but to Luna, is was cute. She levitated some books away to see Twilight’s face, making her look up.

“Hello Twilight. I suppose you are ready for the big party tomorrow?” Luna said, sitting the books down next to her.

“Why of course Luna! It’s going to be fun, and I’ll get to spend more time with you.” Twilight said, with a smile. Luna winked at her, and went to bed, to rest for the day ahead.

~The day of the party~

Luna awakened and rushed out the door to Rarity’s for her dress. She slowed down her pace, not to draw any attention before the big ‘moment’ later. Knocking on the door lightly, Rarity soon opened to let the princess in. She levitated the dress over and put it on Luna, securing any straps that might come unloose during the day. Getting settled into her dress, she twirled around admiring it.

“Tis a beauty Rarity.. I’ll make sure your paid handsomely for this.” Luna said with a smile. Rarity’s mind went blank for a moment before flashing back into reality.

“No need to pay me for it. My gift t-”

“I insist Rarity!” Luna interrupted Rarity, “This is the most magnificent dress I’ve ever seen. Your work is appreciated, and I would like to pay you.. About two thousand bits. That should do!”

Rarity’s jaw hit the floor at the generous amount Luna was giving for her work. Luna left with her dress on and went to the library to meet with Twilight before the party. Tracking across town, all the ponies were waving and saying hello as she flew on by. After about several minutes, she made it to the library and calmed herself down. She entered in and Twilight was busy as a bee getting ready for the party. Luna put a hoof on Twilight’s shoulder, making her turn around to see her face, sighing in relief.

“Luna.. I must be an absolute wreck, what are you doing here, shouldn’t you be in town?”

“I came to check on you before it began.. Just to make sure you are ready.”

“R-Ready? For what?”

Luna grinned as she was not going to spoil the moment later, only to hide it for the time being..