• Published 2nd Nov 2015
  • 372 Views, 16 Comments

An Angel and a Pony - The Daughter of the Moon



Gold Wing, the son of a rich noblecolt, lives a life of luxury, where all his needs are fulfilled at the clap of a hoof. But when he loses everything, his life takes an unexpected turn.

  • ...
3
 16
 372

Dilly-Dallying

It was about one week after the meeting with Princess Lilac. Other than Silver Moon acting a little more cautious than usual, everything was going normally. Gold Wing was getting spoiled left and right by Silver Moon, while Silver Moon was running around, effortlessly keeping the mansion in perfect condition simultaneously. Floors swept, lunch made, tea prepared, everything in order. However, the normality wouldn't last long…

Silver Moon knocked on the door to Gold Wing's study.

"What is it now?" Gold Wing grumbled.

Silver Moon entered the room to see Gold Wing's desk filled with caramel wrappers.

"I'm in the middle of deciding the best kind of caramel!"

Silver Moon wanted to sigh, but she refrained from doing so.

"Forgive me for interrupting, my lord, but a report from Princess Lilac has just arrived." Silver Moon said as she made all the caramel wrappers disappear.

"Oh, a letter from the princess?" Gold Wing exclaimed excitedly. "Lemme see it!"

Silver Moon placed the letter in front of Gold Wing. He ripped open the envelope and took out the letter.

Dear Earl Gold Wing,

I have received reports of young fillies between the ages of 10 and 16 disappearing in the city of Irisia. Please investigate at once and report back to me.

From the desk of,

Her Highness, Princess Lilac of Terraria.

Gold Wing groaned.

"I don't wanna go to Irisia! It'll be so much work…" Gold Wing complained.

"My lord, you are aware that I am able to do everything for you, are you not?" Silver Moon asked.

"I know, I know. But still…"

"Then what do you propose we do, my lord?"

Gold Wing sighed. I guess he had to. He couldn't disobey the orders of the princess. Besides, he had already thought this through.

Gold Wing stood up.

"Let's go…" He declared unenthusiastically.


"I hate getting pushed around by these filthy commoners!" Gold Wing groaned. "They should be thankful that I'm bothering to come to their city at all!"

Once Gold Wing had arrived in Irisia, he went around (saying that he was capable of at least doing that), asking if anypony knew anything about the case. Unfortunately, no one knew that Gold Wing was a noblecolt, so they mocked him, questioning why they should bother helping a bratty foal.

"Irisia may be the city of beauty, but the ponies' hearts are as ugly as donkeys!" Gold Wing complained.

Silver Moon raised an eyebrow.

"Then would you like me to force the words out of 'these filthy commoners', my lord?"

"You can do that?" Gold Wing asked excitedly.

"If you order me to do so, I shall carry out your orders without fail."

Gold Wing smirked.

"Then I order you to get me some information! And also cotton candy."

"Yes, my lord." Silver Moon replied as she left.

About five minutes later, Silver Moon returned with a long scroll and cotton candy in her hooves.

"Wow, that was fast!" Gold Wing exclaimed.

"I have collected information about 100 cases of young fillies disappearing, 10 witness accounts, and Irisia's homemade cotton candy."

"All in five minutes?!"

Silver Moon nodded. Gold Wing grabbed the cotton candy out of Silver Moon's hooves.

"I have found that all of the fillies that have disappeared have something in common. They all have very colorful coats and manes. Fillies with grayish colors have not been taken."

"Uh-huh." Gold Wing said blankly as he chewed down on his cotton candy.

Silver Moon sighed.

"We'll go find the culprit later." Gold Wing said. "I'm busy right n--"

Suddenly, a little colt tugged on Gold Wing's tail.

"What?!" Gold Wing shouted as he whipped around.

The little colt was taken aback.

"U-um… well… m-my big s-sister d-disap-peared last n-night… a-and I-I…"

The little colt burst into tears.

Gold Wing groaned.

"I don't care ab--!"

Suddenly, Gold Wing felt a great pain in his head. He clasped his head with his hooves.

"AAHH!" He shouted as he fell to the ground.

What was happening?! Why did he feel so much pain?!

The little colt gasped. With fear in his eyes, he ran away, not looking back.

"Master!" Silver Moon yelled.

"S-silver M-moo…" Gold Wing mumbled, his vision blurry. He saw Silver Moon unsheathing her sword before everything went black.


"You can't catch me, Gold Wing!" A voice called out cheerily.

Gold Wing opened his eyes. Where was he? What was happening to him? Where did the voice come from? Why did he have so many questions?!

"I will, just you wait!"

In front of Gold Wing was a little filly and a little colt, chasing after each other in a voluminous garden. The filly had a white coat and a lavender mane, while the little colt had a white coat and a golden mane… Gold Wing stared at the little colt chasing after the filly. He rubbed his eyes and looked again.

"H-he looks like me!"

Where and when did this happen? Who was the filly he was chasing? Why didn't he remember any of this? Gold Wing looked at the filly running around, just out of his reach.

"Wait a minute. That looks a lot like Princess Li-"

"Master, wake up!" A voice called out.

Gold Wing stopped.

"Th-that's Silver Moon!"

Gold Wing blinked, and he suddenly found himself in Silver Moon's arms. They were in a back alley.

"S-silver Moon!" Gold Wing exclaimed.

Silver Moon looked at Gold Wing.

"You're awake, master." She said blankly.

The two stared at each other awkwardly, neither of them saying a word.

Gold Wing frowned.

"I thought I told you not to call me 'Master'!"

Silver Moon blinked.

"My apologies, my lord."

Silver Moon set Gold Wing back on the ground. Gold Wing shook his head.

"I guess we should start looking for the culprit now… We've been dilly-dallying long enough."

Silver Moon nodded.

"Well that was awkward…" Gold Wing thought to himself as they exited the alley.


"So the only colorful filly who hasn't been captured is… Colorful Skies?" Gold Wing asked as he leaned back in his chair, looking out the window of the café.

"Yes." Silver Moon replied as she poured Gold Wing tea. "She is called by the Irisians 'the most beautiful mare in Terraria'. She is also the richest, besides Her Highness and yourself, of course. She is holding a birthday party for her 16th birthday."

Gold Wing sighed.

"And we're invited…" He groaned. "I hate parties not celebrating me!"

Silver Moon raised an eyebrow.

"I also hate… her…" Gold Wing shuddered. "It gives me the chills just thinking about it…"

"She is your betrothed, is she not?" Silver Moon questioned.

"Yes, from birth. Unfortunately. She's so sassy and demanding! She expects me to be this 'gentlecolt' who always follows her around doing stuff for her! I'm higher than her on the social scale for pete's sake!" Gold Wing ranted. "She's absolutely nothing like me!"

Silver Moon snickered. Gold Wing didn't hear it.

"UGH! WHY?!" He complained, nearly knocking over his teacup.

Silver Moon shook her head.

"I guess I'll have to endure it." Gold Wing sighed. "I don't even know why anymore… Paperwork? No..."

"For the sake of Terraria?" Silver Moon offered.

"Fine. Whatever. Let's just go with that."

Gold Wing sighed.

"For the sake of Terraria."


"Announcing the Grand Earl Gold Wing of Terraria!"

As the fanfare played, Gold Wing entered the ballroom, Silver Moon beside him. He sighed.

"Let's just get this over with."