• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 278 Views, 4 Comments

A Changeling's Travels - DeadEcho



A story about one small changeling that was separated from the hive, she was taught to fear the ponies but is there really something to fear?

  • ...
 4
 278

A Good Morning, A Horrible Afternoon,

I woke up some time at around 6:35 a.m, it was still dark outside as none of the lights were on. I went downstairs, taking in all of the fresh hive air. I knew that today I would finally be able to go outside of the hive to help my brother stay safe. That was all that was important to me. I quickly ate a bowl of honey bee o's and looked around for his bag, I couldn't find it downstairs and I knew he had carried it with him. I sighed as I waited for him to wake up, maybe I could ask him where it is and then hide in it when he leaves to go do something.

I looked around excitedly, In both my mind and my heart I felt that this was the right thing to do, I mean how could helping keep your older brother safe in any world be horrible? I listened around, I could hear him snoring fairly loud but I had gotten used to it after a bit. An hour passes as I hear the bed squeak and the floor creak, I could hear him finally getting up at 7:00. Even though it might have been a day, it felt like months. At this time I probably should have listened on how to tell time because I personally can't tell an hour from a second.

I quietly go to the table and pretend to eat breakfast as I look at him.

"Hi bro! Morning!"

he yawns and looks at me

"Sis? What are you doing up so early?" he was still getting the sleepyness out of his eyes

"Nothing, just ecsited for school?" I keep up a smile

"Don't you mean excited?" he said with a small grin

"Yeah that's what I said, exited!"

"Whatever, glad to see you so happy for school though" he brews a pot of coffee with his horn

"So umm... where is the bag where you keep those crystals? What does it look like anyways?" I looked up at him with a innocent smile

"It's umm... in my bedroom.... why?" he looked at me suspiciously

"OkThanksBye!" I said quickly as I opened and closed the door before quickly going upstairs

"Ah girl, you may be nutty but you're still my sister" he drinks some coffee and smiles, just 15 minutes before he has to go

I looked around and saw a strange bag with a heart on it, knowing that it wasn't national love day I quickly untied it and got in, due to my small size I barely made a visible difference in it as I tie it back up and wait. I hope that I didn't weigh much because it would ruin my plan and it would be kinda insulting. I eventually start to doze off as my brother finishes his coffee and grabs the bag.

"Well it's time to serve the hive!" he says as he walks out with the bag tied to his strong underbelly. He eventually gets to the camp and sets the bag down. I heard from the bag of a changeling with a very gruff voice shouting orders, I couldn't understand it at all as I was almost scared to even hear him.

I eventually heard the snapping of goggles as I could make out one thing.

"Mr Alex, do you have the disposable crystals in the bag?"

"Yes sir!"

"Good, those crystals are drained, Dump them over the city because it is of no use here!"

I looked around, what did disposable even mean? Dump them? Was I heard that was some kind of trash thing but I didn't even know the real word. I shrugged it off as grown up talk as I excitedly await inside it. I felt them lift off after some time as I try to contain my excitement.

"Approaching Manehattan! Alex, dispose of the bag now!"

he nods as he drops it, I look around curiously as I feel myself not shaking around anymore

"D-Did he say drop it?!" I look around the small bag in fear, I didn't even know how high I was as I rose up to the bag, It was tied too tight to actually get out of it in the time I thought I had as I try to curl up, they taught us to do this as a last resort, it helps to keep the weak belly safer as I hear the ground getting close by the sound of running hooves.