• Published 14th Oct 2015
  • 348 Views, 2 Comments

Requiem of Darkness - ChaosDragoon



Strange creatures are attacking each of the great nations. to combat these strange creatures Dragons, Griffins, Changelings, and Ponies must work together or be annihilated.

  • ...
 2
 348

Chapter 5

A hatchet slammed into the head of a creature. As it fell to the ground before Aeolus pulled the hatchet and in one single motion drove it down into the head of another creature that tried attacking him.

"Bring them to their knees! Leave none of them alive!" Aeolus screamed.

"A'oo! A'oo! A'oo!" the Griffin army chanted as they battled the creatures. Even the Ponies fighting along with the Griffins couldn't help but chant with them. Aeolus slammed his hatchet into the ground before reaching to one of his mechanical claws that held a javelin. He took careful aim and launched the javelin. It soared through the air and pierced into the back of a creature. The creature Wriggled as it tried to free its self before it slumped to the ground. Aeolus began to celebrate and was unaware of the creature stalking him from behind, but before the creature could pounce. A griffin dive bombed towards the creature and pierced her spear into the dome of the creature. It wriggled for a few seconds before finally falling limp.

"How many times do I need to tell you to watch your damn back old man?" Gilda yelled as she pulled her spear from the creature's head.

"Come on, can't I celebrate a kill like that?" Aeolus said before he added, "And don't call me old. I've still got a lot of fight in these old bones." Aeolus noticed a group of creatures stacking closer to him and Gilda. He chuckled before picking up his hatchet and grabbing another from one of his metal claws on his back. Gilda stabbed her spear into the ground and removed two hatchets that were strapped to her back.

"What do you say? How about a dance with your old man?" Aeolus said with a smile. Gilda rolled her eyes before she stood back to back with Aeolus who added, "Kind of reminds me how I met your mother."

"Please don't reminisce at a time like this," Gilda said. Aeolus let out a laugh before the two attacked the group of creatures surrounding them. Their hatchets sliced and pierced into the creatures bodies. Gilda cut off one of the creature's tails causing it to go into a frenzy and screech in pain. After the last creature surrounding them fell. The two griffins stood in a circle of dead creatures. They were covered in the creatures white blood.

"That's my girl," Aeolus praised. Gilda just rolled her eyes again and placed her hatchets back in their holders and took her spear before taking flight. Aeolus just shook his head before running towards the next group of creatures fight against Earth Ponies.

---

Luna flew towards a group of creatures and barrel rolled past them, her two crescent-shaped sabers slashed at each creature she pasted. When she landed behind the creatures, they fell to the ground with their throats slit. A creature lunged at Luna, but a crystal arrow pierced into the creature's abdomen and pinned it to a tree. Celestia slammed her halberds axe blade down onto the back of another creature. She suddenly spun around and the beak of the weapon hooked on one of the creature's heads and tore a massive hunk of flesh off. The three princesses nodded to one another before separating to help fight other groups of their allies.

---

Twilight's horn glowed and shot three beams of magical energy. Two of the three beams hit home as two creatures fell to the ground while the third creature dodged under the beam and charged towards Twilight. A lavender bubble wrapped around Twilight just before the Creature lunged for her. The creature hit the top of the bubble and it caved in just an inch before the creature was ricochet off the bubble. It flailed in the air before he slammed into the ground.

The creature twisted its body and got back to its feet before it lunged at the bubble again. This time it stopped in front of the bubble and slashed at it. A small slant appeared in the bubble before it closed. The creature slashed again and another slant opened up, but this time it was much smaller than the first. As the creature continued to slash at the bubble, the slant continued to get smaller and smaller until the creature couldn't create another slant in the bubble.

The creature jumped to the side of the bubble and slashed at it again. Another slant opened like the first time and just like the first time it closed. The creature looked at Twilight before it gently slashed at the bubble. A much smaller slant appeared and then closed. The creature did this several times before it couldn't create another slant in the bubble.

The creature began to slowly stack around the bubble. Its glowing blood red eyes staring at Twilight as a low growl escaped it. Twilight turned her body with the creature to keep it in her sight. Is it? Learning? Twilight questioned. The creature quickly slashed at the bubble and a slant appeared again. However, before it could close the Creature jabbed its arrow tipped tail through the slant. The slant closed around the creature's tail but didn't sever it. The tail began to jab at Twilight while she pressed against the back of the bubble to keep from getting pierced by the tail.

When the creature's attempts failed it began spun clockwise and using its own momentum. It slammed the bubble against the tree. Twilight slammed into the side of the bubble with a grunt. The creature then spun counterclockwise and once again slammed the bubble against the tree. Twilight was once again flung into the side of the bubble, but this time the bubble popped and freed the creature's tail. The tail reared up and the creature examined its tail before it turned its attention to Twilight.

The creature slowly stacked towards Twilight with is maw open as Saliva dripped from its fangs. It lunged for Twilight, but before it could make contact. A golden arrow pierced through the air and hit the creature right shoulder. The creature flew over Twilight and slammed into the ground. It quickly got back up and looked around for the origin of the arrow.

Before the creature could act, Flash Sentry dove down and landed a kick to the side of the creature. It flew into another tree and slid down presumably knocked out. A lime green Unicorn mare rushed over to Twilight as her golden bow hovered close to her while Flash waited to see if the creature would get up again.

"Are you alright princes?" A lime green Unicorn asked as she shook Twilight. Twilight groaned and slowly opened her eyes. The world was blurry and the sounds of the battle were muffled like it was in a tunnel. As her eyes focused she saw the lime green Unicorn staring down at her. The mare sighed and said, "She's ok Flash." Flash turned to her and let out a sigh of relief.

"That's a relief. You had us worried Twilight," Flash said as he helped Twilight to her hooves. Before Twilight could thank him, the creature Flash had kicked into a tree lunged at him. Before the creature could find purchase, three black orbs flew past the three and formed into rapiers that pierced into the creature and pinned it to the tree. The creature flailed and twisted trying to free itself. It let out one final roar before a fourth rapier pierced into its mouth and the tip ripped out the back of the tree. The creature's movements slowed as it let out one final groan before falling limp.

"Maybe next time celebrate when the damn thing is dead!" a tan stallion Unicorn ranted. His horn glowed and the four rapiers changed back into orbs and flew back into his horn as the creature slid down the tree and slumped to the ground.

"I thought I knocked it out," Flash said. The tan stallion rolled his eyes before he saw a group of creatures slowly stacking towards them.

The tan stallion stepped in front of Twilight before he said, "Find the other Princesses. We can deal with these things." The lime mare stepped neck to the tan stallion and her magic pulled the string of the bow and a green arrow formed in the bow.

"No worries Twilight, We're trained for tough fights," Flash boated before he stepped up to the other side of the tan stallion and extend his wings ready to take flight. Twilight nodded before she took flight and flew towards Celestia.

---

Drake was slammed to the ground before he got back up and collided with the massive creature. Both beasts slashed at one another with their claws and bit into each other with their fangs. Drake roared in pain as the creature bit into his shoulder before he bit into the back of the creature's neck. The creature let out a roar and pushed Drake away before charging full force into his chest. The creature's right shoulder slammed into Drake's chest and forced him to the ground. Drake quickly got to his feet but was met with the creature's tail slamming into his face. The arrow tipped tail had morphed into a hammer. Drake slammed to the ground again, but once again stood up. He spat out a loose fang that stuck into the ground before Drake smiled and roared as his underbelly glowed orange. The creature's mouth slowly opened as white mist poured from its mouth.

Drake unleashed a stream of white flames while the creature shot out a white beam of energy. The two attacks collided and created a massive explosion that pushed the two beasts backward. Drake lay on his back with a ringing in his ears. Suddenly the creature jumped on top of Drake and its hammer tail morphed back to an arrow tipped shape. Its tail lifted up and began to stab at Drakes' head. Drake maneuvered his head to keep away from the tail. When the tail slammed into the ground next to his head, Drake bit into the tail. When the creature roared and pulled back, but Drake tightened his jaw. The Creature jerked his tail trying to free it and with one final tug, the tail tore and the creature roared again as its tail flung around, spraying the tops of the trees and the ground with its white blood. Drake spat the part of the tail that was in his mouth and smiled.

The creature lowered its head and growled at Drake before it convulsed and three more sets of wings ripped from its back. Its arms and legs morphed into tendrils that wrapped around Drake. The creature then took flight with Drake trapped in its tendrils. The creature flew high in the sky over the battlefield. It continued to soar higher and higher. Drake roared and began to bite and tear at the tendrils, but when he tore one off, three more took its place. Drake looked down and saw how high he was. He knew what the creature was doing and knew with his damaged wings. He couldn't fly. He looked back up at the creature that seemed to have a Chester cat grin on its face. Drake sneered at the creature just before its tendrils let go of Drake. His claws flailed in the air as he dropped. The creature's tendrils reformed back onto its hands and feet as Drake fell.

Drake roared as he descended towards the grounds. His wings extended, but the tears in them didn't help stop his momentum. He flew past the air battle like a rocket and nearly took out a group of Griffins and Pegasi. He let out one final roared before slamming into the ground. The impact caused a massive earthquake that caused the ground battle to stagger. Celestia turned when she heard the roar and watched Drake slam into the ground.

"Drake!" Celestia yelled before flying over to where he had crashed. She landed on the edge of the massive crater before sliding down and finding Drake on his side. He let out a low rumbled as he breathed out through his nostrils. His right eye opened and stared at Celestia.

"It seems these things are craftier than we thought," Drake said in a raspy voice before he started to cough.

"We'll get you help Drake, don't worry," Celestia reassured him. Drake let out a low chuckle before he sighed.

"I'll be fine Celestia; I just need a little nap. I'll be good as new," Drake said before he closed his eyes.

"Drake, Drake!?" Celestia yelled as she placed her fore-hooves on the dragon's face to get him to wake up. Drake was unresponsive to all her efforts. Luna flew down and stood next to her sister.

"It will be alright sister. Drake knew the risks," Luna said. Celestia had her face against Drake scales as tears rolled down her face. Luna placed a wing over her sister and added, "His death will not be in vain." The earth shook as the small rocks in the crater began to rattle and levitate. Luna looked from the rock to her sister and quickly stepped back. She had moved her head from Drake's scales and was glaring up at the massive creature in the Sky.

"No, it won't," Celestia growled.

Luna had to shield her eyes with her wings as Celestia blasted out of the crater in a beam of golden magical energy. The energy shot towards the massive creature. As the stream soared through the air it took the shape of a golden dragon. Celestia was at the front of the beam, screaming at the top of her lungs with her halberd hovering by her side. Its axe blade suddenly changed to flames as she drew closer to the creature.