• Published 31st May 2012
  • 942 Views, 8 Comments

The Pit - R3NDL3



Young Digi is thrust into scenarios he never had to deal with in Equestria. This is The Pit.

  • ...
0
 8
 942

Episode 4: A Night Out On the Town

Chapter 13 - The Oasis


Kage and Kynes invited me to a club, so I decided to go with them. I wanted to talk to them some more, anyways. After all, I needed to get better acquainted with the town, and who knows, maybe somepony would know about The Revenant there.

I left the apartment and kissed Vanilla and Misty goodbye. It was nighttime when I left for the bar. It wasn’t located that far away. It was deeper in town.

The place was called “The Oasis”. The buildings around it looked more expensive then where my apartment was, and the club itself looked very expensive. The name of the club was up in lights.

I looked around and noticed mares on the side of the streets wearing very revealing clothing. They seemed to be waiting for somepony to pick them up. Some of them winked at me.

I ignored and continued to the club. I had to walk up a few steps to get to the entrance. There was a big stallion in the way that stopped me and just looked at me, “You need a pass to enter, sir.”

I looked back at him. Kage and Kynes didn’t give me one, “I-I don’t have a pass.”

He shook his head, “I’m sorry, sir. No pass. No entrance.”

I hung my head and walked away slowly. When I made it to the bottom of the steps, I heard Kynes, “Hey! Digi!”

I turned back around and saw Kynes in the doorway. The stallion guarding the door turned around to him, “You know this stallion, sir?”

Kynes laughed, “Yeah. He’s the one I told you I was waiting for when I gave you his ticket.”

The stallion came to a realization, “Oh yes! I’m sorry, sir. It completely slipped my mind,” the stallion turned back to me, “you may enter, sir.”

I walked back up the steps and entered the club. Music surrounded me. Trumpets, drums, and bass all put together to make a very tantalizing tune. I couldn’t help but to swing a little.

Kynes laughed, “You like the music?”

I nodded, “It’s wonderful. What is it called?”

He smiled and put his arm around my neck, “Swing, my friend.”

Kynes led me to a table, “Kage is over here.”

I looked at him, “How were you able to get into this place?”

Kynes laughed, “You’d be surprised how well a certain smooth talker can easily get a few passes to a place called The Oasis,” he winked and smiled, “that smooth talker would be me.”

We got to the table and sat down. Kage smiled, “Hey there, Digi. Glad you could make it.”

I looked around the club. Ponies were dancing next to a stage where the band was. There was also a cage with poles in it and mares dancing on them. The mares barely wore anything. There was a balcony with more tables above us. It looked more expensive up there.

I looked back at Kage, “It’s very expensive here, it seems.”

Kage laughed, “Yeah. They have everything here! There’s even a casino right over there.”

Kage pointed his hoof toward an archway with “Pharaoh's Treasure” written over it. What exactly was a casino?

I looked at Kage, “What’s a casino?”

He laughed and Kynes poked me, “It’s a place where you try to come out with more bits than what you came out with.”

Kage just stared at the band playing and Kynes drank some alcohol. A waiter came to the table, “Good evening, sir. Do you request something to drink?”

Kynes jumped in, “I’d like a refill, and my friend here,” he put his hoof on my shoulder, “would love to try what I’m having.”

The waiter nodded and took Kynes’s cup. I looked at Kynes, “Why do I want to try what you’re drinking?”

Kage and Kynes laughed. Kynes leaned back slightly, “You just gotta try it. I think you’ll like it. It’s made with corn. A drink called whiskey.”

I looked at Kage and he shook his head, “I tried some, but that kinda stuff isn’t my thing.”

We all just sat back for a little while to listen to the music. I looked up on the balcony and saw a few ponies with suits on talking around a table. They had a few stallions surrounding them that looked like the pony back at the door.

I looked at the cage and the way the mares danced. The way they danced made me feel odd. I liked it. I kind of wanted to see Vanilla dance like that.

Kynes saw what I was looking at and laughed, “You like the mares, Digi?”

I blushed and looked away, “They dance nice.”

Kynes laughed, “Yeah. I guess they do.”

The waiter returned with the drinks and placed them on the table, “Do you require anything else, gentlemen?”

Kynes picked up his drink and looked at the waiter, “Thank you. That will be all.”

The waiter nodded and walked off.

Kage and Kynes both looked at me, waiting for me to drink my beverage. I picked up the glass and took a sip.

I placed the drink down, “It actually doesn’t taste that bad. I kinda like it.”

Kynes put his hooves up and laughed, “Yes! I knew you would like it.”

I proceeded to drink it and a few others with Kynes. I eventually had to go to the bathroom. Kynes pointed me to it. The bathroom in this place even looked nice. There was a pony standing by the sinks holding mints. I ignored him and just went to the urinal.

While I was using the restroom, an extremely drunk pony walked out of one of the stalls and stumbled up to the pony holding the mints.

He put his hoof on the pony with the mints shoulder, “How are ya’ doing this night?”

The pony backed away from the drunk, “Could you please wash your hoofs before exiting.”

The drunk took offense, “You think I’m dirty? You think I have a bad hygiene?”

The pony shook his head, “No no no. Not at al-”

The drunk punched him in the face. He didn’t notice me at the urinal. I was done so I walked over to the drunk pony, “Stop it. He didn’t say you have bad hygiene.”

The drunk pony turned to me, “You think I have bad hygiene, too?”

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, “No I don-”

He tried to punch me. I knew this would happen, so I dodged out of the way and punched him in the face. He fell down and his nose began to bleed.

He got back up, “You’ll pay for this. I’ll tell my father. He’ll make you pay.”

He walked out of the door. I helped the pony with the mints back up and washed my hooves. The pony looked at me, “Thank you very much, sir, but do you know who you just upset?”

I shrugged, “No. I don’t. Should I be worried?”

He frowned, “You just punched the son of a very powerful stallion. A stallion who has this city eating out of his hooves. That pony is Big Donatello. Big Don for short.”

I scratched my head, “I’ll be sure to watch my back, I guess.”

I walked out of the bathroom and caught a glimpse of the pony I punched walking up the stairs up to the balcony. I continued back to the table.

I sat down and Kynes patted me on the back, “Welcome back, Digi.”

I nodded at Kynes. So Big Don? Is he really that powerful? That important? Maybe I should be worried.

I looked up at the balcony to see the ponies in suits. I saw the pony I punched walk toward the stallion at the head of the table. The one at the head looked angry after listening to the pony I hit. He smacked the pony on the head and got out of his chair. He walked to the edge of the balcony and looked around the club. The stallion saw me and looked to the other pony, asking him something and proceeded to walk toward the stairs.

I’m guessing that was Big Don.


Chapter 14 - Do you know who I am?


Big Don walked toward the table. Kage and Kynes noticed this and began to stare at him. Kynes tapped me, “Do you know who that is?”

The stallion sat down by us, “You don’t mind if I sit here, do you gentlecolts?”

Kage and Kynes shook their heads while I just looked at him, “It’s fine...”

He slid his chair closer to the table, “Good. Now, I wanted to come and see how you were enjoying my club. Is everything ok?”

I nodded, “It’s a nice place. So it’s yours?”

The stallion looked at me, “Why yes. Everything here is mine. I’m a very powerful stallion in this city. Even the ponies here recognize my power and don’t dare question my authority.

I gulped and Big Don simply leaned toward me, “But I fear that somepony at this very table stepped in something they didn’t know they weren’t supposed to.”

Kage, Kynes and I all looked at one another while Big Don still fixed his gaze on me, “I don’t like it when somepony steps in something they aren’t supposed to, especially in my city. It’s like when you walk outside and step in crap, then you decide to walk in my home and make it reek of the shit on your hoof. I don’t want my home to smell like shit, gentlecolts. I don’t find it pleasing.”

I looked away but I could still tell he was staring at me, “What’s your name?”

I stayed silent. I knew that he already knew that it was me who punched his son. He continued to just stare at me, “A silent type? You aren’t very smart, are you? How about your friends here,” he turned to Kage and Kynes, “do you know his name?”

Kynes gulped, “H-his name is Digi.”

Big Don looked back at me, “Ah. Digi. So Digi. Why did you punch my son?”

I stayed silent and he turned his head, “There’s no reason? You just thought that his face looked like it should be punched? Well, Digi, I find that your face should be punched.”

I looked at Big Don, “S-sorry. He punched a pony, so I stepped in the way and stopped him.”

The stallion leaned back, “I see. One of those “An eye for an eye” ordeals? You know, Digi,” he leaned forward again, “I don’t like those kind of ordeals. They’re sloppy and you never quite get the equal exchange you’re looking for. You know what I mean?”

I shook my head and he frowned, “That’s sad, Digi. I thought you would be smart. You punching my son made me mad. I want equality for making me mad, Digi. I was enjoying my night until you came and had to ruin it.”

I slowly moved away and he stood up, “Do you know how I can get equality, Digi?”

I shook my head and he slammed his hoof on the table, “Of course you don’t! Equality in this scenario is non-existent. It’s a pipe dream. A peace makers wet dream,” Big Don stood erect and blew on his right hoof, “please tell me you’re not too stupid to know how to eliminate a problem.”

I got out of my chair while Kage and Kynes also stood up. I knew what he meant. Big Don looked at me and smiled, “Try to enjoy the rest of your night, gentlecolts, but not too much. I’ll have a present for you.”

He walked past me toward the stairs. I watched him and saw the Big Don’s son laughing at me from on the balcony.

I’m not going to let this happen. I ran up to Big Don and punched him in the back of the head making him fall on his knee. Kage and Kynes both yelled, “Digi!”

Some of the ponies around me stared at me like they knew I did something horrible. Like what I did was going to spell my death. All the ponies in suits up on the balcony got up quickly to see what was happening. The bodyguards that surrounded the stallions in suits began to run toward the stairs.

Big Don got up slowly and turned to me, “Now you just don’t know how to think, do you?”

He was right. Why the hell did I do that? I’ve been acting very strangely ever since I got to this island.

The music continued even with everything happened. The bodyguards already surrounded me. I looked back up at the ponies in suits and saw them with tommy guns out.

Big Don cracked his neck, “Run.”

I followed his advice and ran back to Kage and Kynes. Kynes flipped over the table and we all ducked behind it. Bullets began to pierce the wood but it luckily shielded us.

When they began to reload, we ran toward the bar on the other side of the club. The bodyguards pulled out pistols and shot at us. Kynes got hit in his side before we got behind the bar. The bartender ran away in fear.

I looked at Kynes, “Are you gonna be ok?”

He already ripped a strip of clothing off his shirt and tied it so it covered his wound, covering it with alcohol from the bar, “I’m fine.”

I looked around the bar and saw a shotgun. There was no doubt about it, I grabbed the gun and pointed it towards the bodyguards. I noticed Big Don had already left up the stairs.

I shot at one of the bodyguards and hit him. After I saw him fall, I ducked behind the bar. My aim was a little sloppy. I turned to look at Kynes who was smoking a cigar and he held out a packet of them, “Want one?”

I shook my head, “No thanks.”

Kage was also smoking one. Where the hell were they getting all this?

Oh wait... We’re behind a bar.

The guns rang out again and the bottles on the bar broke, sending glass and booze everywhere. Once they began to reload again, Kyne jumped over the bar and ran toward the bodyguards.

I looked over the bar slightly and yelled, “What the hell are you doing, Kynes!?”

He punched one of the bodyguards down and snatched his gun. There were still two others standing up, but Kynes just shot them both with the already loaded pistol and picked up another one to dual wield. He looked up and saw the ponies in suits point their tommy guns at him, “Shit.”

Kynes jumped under a table for cover. I looked at Kage and we both nodded at each other. We ran to the stairs. Kage picked up the other two pistols dropped from the bodyguards while Kynes got out from under the table. When the ponies ran out of bullets he ran up the stairs with us.

None of us spoke. The only thing that made noise were our hooves, the band, and the sound of our hearts beating.

We made it to the top of the stairs and saw a few billiard tables. We all hurried to one of them, kicked it over and hid behind it. We knew what was coming next.

We waited, but the bullets were never fired. We heard the ponies walk toward us.

Kynes looked at me and smirked, “We’ll make the best of it, I said.”

Kage laughed, “We should stick together, I said.”

Kynes stood up and turned around to face the ponies. Bullets flew past him. He fired a few shots before ducking back down. He actually did hit a couple of them.

We all nodded at eachother and I went left while Kage went right and Kynes jumped over the pool table. They were confused, but a few shots were still fired. They missed us. We didn’t miss them.

All the ponies in suits were dead, but Big Don and his son weren’t there. So where were they?

I heard a click behind us. This couldn’t be good.

We all turned around and saw Big Don, his son, and a few more bodyguards pointing guns at us.

Big Don looked at all the dead ponies and shook his head, “I’m guessing you don’t like my friends.”


Chapter 15 - An eye for an eye


We were forced to place our guns down. I was able to look around now. There weren’t any ponies in the club anymore. Probably because of what happened. The band had stopped playing and were walking out the door. A few other ponies were cleaning up the mess from the fight while Big Don took us into the casino.

There was a door in between the club and the casino. Once we entered, I noticed ponies were still here and laughing no less. It was like nothing happened. Like they hadn’t heared the fight.

Big Don leaned forward, “You may be wondering why they aren’t acting like they just heard a huge firefight. Three words. Sound proof walls. No noise passes through them. Can’t hear a thing. To them, everything is normal in the club.”

A pony wearing a suit walked up to Big Don, “Sir. The ponies who witnessed the firefight know too much and they may spread less than shining reviews of your establishment.”

Big Don looked at the pony, “Find the ones who checked in tonight and kill them. Blame the murders on a new member. That should solve the problem.”

The pony nodded and walked out the door to the club.

We were taken to a door that led to a basement. Once down in the cold room, we saw a table with straps on it. The straps seemed to be for each hoof and one for the neck.

We were forced to turn around to look at Big Don and his son by the body guards. Big Don looked directly at me, “Now Digi. The pony you punched is not just my son. He does have a name, and that is Alcapony. He will be taking care of you and your friends this evening.”

Big Don looked at his son and Alcapony nodded. Big Don looked back at us, “I trust he’ll do a good job, so I’ll be leaving. I have important affairs to deal with.”

Big Don walked back up to the casino and his son laughed, “We’ll have fun, gentlecolts. Place the neon one on the table.”

One of the bodyguards grabbed me. I tried to get his hooves off, but I couldn’t. Another one came over to help him and they forced me onto the table, strapping me to it.

Kage and Kynes could only watch me. When I looked toward them, I saw something strange. It looked like somepony was in the shadows behin-

My head was quickly jerked back by Alcapony, “Digi! So nice to see you again. Let’s start with something simple.”

He punched me in the face. One solid punch made my nose bleed. He walked to the other end of the table and pulled out a drawer that had tools in it.

He picked up a blowtorch and looked at me, “Hmmmmm... No.”

He placed it back in and his eyes widened, “Oh!”

He picked up a bone saw and turned to me, “This will be fun. Let’s start with cutting off your balls. You don’t really need them, do you, Digi? You’re not much of a stallion.”

I gulped, “N-no! I need to get back to Vanilla!”

I blushed. Kage and Kynes both looked at me and their eyes widened. They knew what I did. Alcapony looked at me, “So the pony has a girlfriend. I guess you are a stallion after all. Hmmmm... more reason to just cut off your penis.”

My eyes widened and I tried to get out of the straps, but I couldn’t. Alcapony ripped my pants down. I turned to Kage and Kynes. They both looked away and began to tear up, but I noticed something else behind them. Something more interesting.

That pony figure again. He had something shining in his hooves. Alcapony noticed what I was looking at and looked, too, but the pony already jumped over Kage And Kynes. He was wielding a samurai sword and was wearing a tight fitting black suit with armored shoulder plates.

He sliced through most of the bodyguards except one, who was located behind the pony. The bodyguard pulled out his gun, but the pony with the sword cut off his arm and thrust his blade through the bodyguard.

Alcapony backed up and dropped the bone saw, “Wh-who are you?”

The pony looked at him. He was wearing a helmet with a steel blue visor. The pony walked up to him slowly, “Silence.”

He pierced his sword through Alcapony. The son of Big Don coughed up blood and died.

The pony pulled his sword out of Alcapony, and turned to me. He unstrapped me from the table, “Put your pants back on.”

He looked at Kage and Kynes and nodded. Once I got myself situated, I walked toward the pony, “Who are you, really?”

He turned toward me and opened up his visor, “The Revenant is what most ponies call me, but you can call me Storm Cloud,” he held out his hoof, “Storm for short.”

I shook his hoof. He turned back to Kage and Kynes, “So who are you two?”

Kage stepped forward, “My name’s Kage. Why did you help us?”

Kynes tapped Kages, “The name’s Kynes, and who cares why he helped us? At least he did.”

Storm turned back to me, “Well, I should be off, Digi. I have to go somewhere.”

I stopped him before he could leave, “Wait.”

He looked at me, “What do you want?”

I stepped back, “A stallion by the name of Mr. Chyne told me to find you.”

His eyes widened and he smiled, “Digi. Right. I remember now. He told me about you,” he looked away and walked toward the back of the room, “he also told me you were looking after his daughter now.”

I walked toward him, “Yes. I am. Is something wrong?”

He knelt down, “No. At least I hope not. It’s just that Big Don knows your name and if you didn’t notice, he’s still alive. He has something to work against you with.”

He was right. We needed to go and get Misty and Vanilla somewhere safe. I looked down at him, “Where should we take them to make sure they’re safe?”

He lifted a covering over a whole on the ground, “Right. He told me about Vanilla, too. First of all, I never said anything about taking them somewhere safe. Second of all, we would need a fast way to get there. Where do you live?”

“I live by the docks... wait... So you won’t find them a safe place to stay?”

He smirked, “No. I will. It’s just you should learn not to make assumptions.”

Kage and Kynes walked toward Storm. Kage stepped forward, “We’re going, too.”

He looked at both Kage and Kynes, “Look. If you’re going to be traveling with me, you need to know the rules. No telling me what “has to happen”, and no assuming what I’ll do. You got that?”

We all nodded and he looked back down to the hole he uncovered, “Good.”

I walked toward him, “So how are we going to get to Misty and Vanilla quickly?”

“One word,” he pointed down at the hole, “sewers.”


Chapter 16 - The Revenant


We all climbed down into the sewers. It reeked in here. Storm Cloud shut the steel lid over the hole.

We all followed storm through the tunnels to where ever he was taking us. I knew he was taking us to the docks, but I never went there by sewer.

I walked closer to Storm, “What all did Mr. Chyne tell you about me?”

He took a glance at me and looked back forward, “Not much. What did he say about me?”

I continued to walk at his pace, “He said you hunted things from another plane of existence.”

He stopped underneath a hole and looked up, “Demons.”

Kage stepped closer, “Demons?”

He looked at all of us, “Yes. Demons. Things you refuse to notice, because no one wants to believe in the monster under the bed.”

He began to climb up the ladder and out of the hole. I climbed up right after him, “Do you think Vanilla and Misty are safe?”

Storm looked down at me as I climbed out of the sewers, “I’d say so. Not that much time has passed, but we better hurry. Lead the way to your home.”

I nodded and waited for Kage and Kynes. After Kage and Kynes came out of the sewers, we began to walk to the apartment. We were fairly close. I knew the way. It took a few minutes to reach the complex.

When we got inside my apartment, Vanilla got out of bed quickly, “Who are you?!”

Storm took a glance at Vanilla, “The Revenant.”

I walked in, “Sorry, Vanilla. Some things happened. We need to take you and Misty somewhere safe.”

She looked confused and just looked at all of us, “What kind of things?”

Storm walked past her, “No time to explain now. Where’s Misty?”

I walked toward the guest room, “I’ll get her.”

When I walked in, she was fast asleep. I picked her up and she yawned, “Digi?... What’s goin on?”

I walked out of the room, “We’re going somewhere. Something happened and we need to go to a safe place.”

She fell asleep again. She didn’t seem to understand what was going on. I’ll tell her when she wakes up.

Vanilla stopped me, “Digi. Please just tell me everything will be ok.”

I kissed her, “Everything will be ok. Just come with me. We need to get out of here.”

She nodded and followed us out of the apartment. While we walked toward the exit of the complex, Deep Blue came out of his apartment, “What’s goin’ on, Digi?”

Storm looked back at Blue, “Who are you?”

Blue walked toward us, “I should be asking you the same thing.”

I tapped Storm, “His name is Blue and I want him to come with us if that’s ok.”

Storm looked at me, “Fine. He can come, but only because you didn’t assume that he could.”

Blue looked at me with a confused expression, “Come where?”

I motioned Blue to follow us, “A safe place. Something happened and we need to get out of here.”

Blue paused for a second and then chased after us when we walked out of the complex, “Don’t be tellin’ me you still haven’t learned to pick your own fights, boi o!”

I looked back at the stallion and couldn’t help but smirk. He was right. I still haven’t learned that lesson. I really should start to listen to him.

Kage looked at Storm, “So where are we headed?”

Storm continued to walk forward, not looking back, “A holy place.”

Kynes interjected, “Holy place? What do you mean?”

Storm turned onto another street as we followed close behind him, “An old church forgotten and torn apart by time. I’ve made my home there.”

Deep Blue walked at the same pace as Storm, “An old church doesn’t sound like the safest place to go, especially one torn apart.”

Vanilla jumped in, “Speaking of safe, can anypony tell me what happened?”

Kynes looked at Vanilla, “Your coltfriend punched a stallion in the back of the head. Not a very smart move judging on how he’s a leader of some big criminal network.”

Vanilla blushed at Kynes calling me her “coltfriend” while Blue facehoofed, “I knew it! You still haven’t learned your lesson.”

Storm looked back at the group, “We’re almost to the church. It may be old, but it still serves as a perfect hiding place. Trust me. You’ll be safe there.”

We eventually made it to the church. It was large and made of stone. There was a tower in the front of the structure with a circular stained glass window facing outward. Other stained glass windows were on the side of the building, though most of them were broken. Part of the roof was torn down. In the front of the church laid a cemetery with two separate wings surrounding it which protruded out of the building. The left wing seemed demolished while the right seemed still intact. This whole place had an ethereal feeling to it. Like it shouldn’t even exist. Ethereal, yet dark.

We walked inside the church and Storm turned around to us, “Vanilla, Misty and Digi can stay in the rooms on the right wing. Deep Blue, there’s another room back there for you, too. I trust you and the other can go over the details.”

We nodded in agreement and Storm continued, “Digi, I will also like to have your assistance. Mr. Chyne said that you’re a good ally. I’d like to see for myself,” he turned to Kage and Kynes, “and you two. I saw how you fought in the club tonight. I believe you should help Digi. There’s a place for you two in the left wing. It’s the only room left standing.”

Vanilla stepped forward, “What do you mean by “assistance”?”

Storm smirked, “This isn’t a free ride. If you ponies are staying in my home, I require payback. Bits won’t do, so I ask for help. Don’t worry. I’ll be fighting alongside them, as well.”

Vanilla walked closer to Storm, “Fighting?! What do you mean?!”

Storm ignored her yelling at him, “I hunt Demons and I would like to have some help.”

Deep Blue scratched his head, “Demons?”

I turned to Blue, “Yes. Evil ponies from another plane of existence.”

Deep Blue and Vanilla looked confused, “What do you mean “another plane of existence”?”

Storm rolled his eyes, “Look, I don’t want to play twenty questions. This place, The Pit, is connected to another realm, a realm of evil, and that evil leaks out here. I fend it off as best I can, but it’s difficult to fight it all off alone. Digi, Kage, and Kynes could help. Digi wants to keep you and Misty safe, Vanilla, and this is one of the ways he could do it.”

Vanilla and Deep Blue both nodded and stopped with the questions. I jumped in, “What about Big Don?”

Storm looked at me, “We’ll take care of him first. I know where he lives.”

Kage stepped forward, “When do we go?”

Storm turned to him, “Tomorrow. For now, we should rest.”

Storm walked up a stairway leading into the tower. We all said goodnight to each other and left to our rooms. Tomorrow, I’ll be coming for you, Big Don, and this time... you won’t get away.