• Published 31st May 2012
  • 942 Views, 8 Comments

The Pit - R3NDL3



Young Digi is thrust into scenarios he never had to deal with in Equestria. This is The Pit.

  • ...
0
 8
 942

Episode 2: Misty Eyes

Chapter 5 - The way I earn my bits


Everypony was in a line. We were all getting directions to our living quarters inside the city. When it got up to me, I found out I was staying in the same apartment as Vanilla. I heard Kage and Kynes were going to live together and Deep Blue was going to live alone. We were all staying in the same apartment complex.

Pretty soon everypony left to their housing. Vanilla and I entered our apartment. Kage and Kynes lived right next door.

Our apartment was pretty small. Not as elegant as my room on the ship. The bed still looked like it could hold two full grown ponies, but the sheets were just an off-white colour. The flooring was a brown carpet and the walls were just simple wood.

I sat on the bed. I was still in pain and Vanilla seemed like she could tell.

She walked over to me and laid me down on the bed, “You need to rest, sweetie. You had a big day.”

I smiled and let her put me in bed. I closed my eyes and felt her lay down with me and put her head on my chest. I opened my eyes and just thought. I didn’t move so I didn’t disturb her.

So this island's name is The Pit? That’s strange. What do I do here? I should look around tomorrow. Find a way to earn some bits. I don’t want Vanilla to have to sell herself to prostitution. I’ll make sure she never has to do that again.

She began to sleep and breath softly. She was adorable. I decided I should rest, too. I kissed her on her head and drifted off.

*~*~*

I woke up and saw Vanilla was still laying on my chest. I don’t understand how I woke up before her. I should be the one sleeping.

She looked up at me while stretching and yawning, “Good Morning, darling.”

I looked into her eyes and couldn’t resist yawning, too. I smiled, “Good Morning. I was thinking about going out today to find a way to earn bits.”

Vanilla sighed, “I’m a prostitute. How many times do I have to say that. I earn bits for the both of us.”

I shook my head, “No. I don’t want you doing that anymore.”

Vanilla sat up in bed, “That’s my special talent, honey. If I don’t do that,” she sighed “what else am I gonna do?”

She’s right. She said that was her talent.

No.

I refuse to believe that. There should be something else, “Have you ever tried baking?”

Vanilla smiled, “You just don’t like the idea of me having sex with other stallions, do you?”

I asked again without hesitation, “Have you ever tried baking?”

“No. You think I should, darling?”

I got out of bed, “Yes. See what it’s like.”

Vanilla got out of bed quickly and ran infront of me before I could get up, “But I don’t want you to have to work! I want you to be happy, and if that means selling my body for bits, so be it.”

I smiled and hugged her, “I would be happier if you didn’t.”

Vanilla blushed, “Ok. I’ll see what I can do.”

I headed out the door into the city. The hallways in this complex were so dark. The outside had little improvement. It was lighter, but everything just seemed grey.

I walked down the street and found a watchmaker's shop. A sign on the outside said “Help Wanted”.

I opened the door and came inside the building. Inside I saw a little pegasus filly with a sky blue coat, misty purple mane with dark purple highlights that almost seemed like clouds and light green eyes behind the counter playing with the service bell.

I walked up to her and she looked up at me and asked, “And what can I do for you, sir?”

I couldn’t help but smile, “Is the owner of the shop around?”

She put the service bell down, “You mean daddy? I think he’s sleeping.”

She ran up the stairs and screamed “Daddy” continuously. I smiled and sat in a chair that was set off to the side for customers.

I waited for a few moments until I heard somepony walking down the stairs. I got up and saw a stallion wearing a suit with a light brown coat, dark brown mane that was mostly covered with a hat and misty grey eyes.

He walked behind the counter, “What did you need, sir?”

I put my hooves on the counter, “I’d like a job here.”

The pony laughed and looked out at the help wanted sign, “You must be asking about the help wanted sign? Well, it’s nothing to do with clocks.”

I was surprised. If it’s nothing about making clocks and watches, what was it for?

I looked at the pony, “What does the job entail?”

The stallion laughed, “I need someone to look after my daughter while I’m busy. Her name is Misty Eyes. She’s a good filly, but you never know when they’re this young when they might do something incredibly stupid.”

Misty Eyes looked up at her dad, “Hey! That’s not fair!”

The stallion chuckled, “So are you interested in the job?”

“Yes. I think I’ll take it.” I smiled at Misty Eyes.

The stallion walked around the counter and shook my hoof, “Excellent! The pay is twenty bits an hour and you begin today.”

I shook his hoof back, “That sounds wonderful. My name is Digi-glow.”

The stallion smiled, “It’s nice to meet you Digi-glow. The name’s Mr. Chyne.”


Chapter 6 - A stallion with a secret


I’ve been looking after Misty Eyes for a few hours now. She’s just been playing with dolls and drawing. Being adorable seems to be her special talent even though she doesn’t have a cutie mark just yet it seems.

Her dad has been out for a while. He said he was going to pick up some groceries, but would it take this long? From what I saw, the market wasn’t that far from the shop.

Misty Eyes came up to me and tapped me while I was sitting, “Do you know when my daddy will be back?”

I looked down at her and saw the cute filly looking up at me, “I don’t know, Misty. Does this happen often?”

Misty sighed and looked down, “Yeah. That’s the reason he needed someone to watch after me,” she quickly looked back up at me, “why? Is something wrong?”

I got out of the chair, “I’m sure nothing’s wrong, but I’m going to check your daddy’s room just in case. Stay here and be a good filly, ok?”

Misty Eyes nodded and went back to drawing. I walked to Mr. Chyne’s room to see if there might be something there that could give me a clue as to where he is.

Inside his room was a desk stacked with papers. Some of the papers seemed to have fallen on the red carpet. The bed was a mess. He had a shelf with many varying books and documents on it. To find a clue as to where he might have gone could take a while.

First I searched through the papers on the desk. They all seemed to be clients that ordered clocks to be made, however, there were some that were out of the stack that had times and places written on them.

I moved to the books after the desk and found most of them were on different fighting techniques. One book was a journal that had names and schedules, almost like the papers I found on the desk.

What was this pony up to? Whatever it was, it didn’t have to do with business. At least, it didn’t look like it did. I don’t think you would need to know somepony else’s schedule. Maybe I should look more into this before I confront him. I wouldn’t even begin to know where to start if I confronted him right now.

While I was thinking, I heard the door at the front of the shop open. I quickly put everything back the way it was before and rushed out of the room to where Misty was. I made it back and saw Misty was still drawing, so I sat in the chair that I was in before.

I heard a pony open the door and saw it was Mr. Chyne. Of course. Who else would it be?

Misty quickly got up and ran to her father and hugged him, “Daddy!”

Mr. Chyne smiled and knelt down to hug Misty back. He stood back and looked at me, “So how was Digi, Misty? Did you enjoy his company?”

Misty looked up to her father, “Yes. He is a very nice stallion and I was very good for him.”

Misty smiled and Mr. Chyne laughed, “Oh really? Was she a good filly, Digi?”

I smiled and got out of the chair, “Yes, sir. She was an angel. She was no trouble at all.”

“Good. How was your day, sweetie?” Mr. Chyne looked down at Misty.

Misty ran to her drawing and showed it to her father, “It was great! See what I made!?”

It was a picture of Misty and Mr. Chyne at a grave. Mr. Chyne shed a small tear, “Your mother would have loved it”

Misty looked down and Mr. Chyne picked her up, “It’s time to go to bed, Misty.”

I walked with him while he took Misty to her room. Why did she draw that? And why did he tear up? Mr. Chyne laid her in bed and tucked her in, “Goodnight, sweetie.” he kissed her on the forehead.

I just stood out in the hallway and waited until he came out, “So why did she draw that?”

Mr. Chyne looked at me and then looked away, “Her mother died when she was about five. It’s been two years now.”

I just stared at him, “I’m sorry... how did she die?”

He didn’t speak for a little while and then he turned back to me, “Thank you for watching my daughter, Digi. Here,” he handed me the bits, “I’ll need you again tomorrow, if that’s ok?”

I nodded slightly, “Yeah. That’s fine.”

“Good.” Mr. Chyne just walked back to the front office and I followed.

I left the shop and walked back to the apartment complex. I wonder why Mr. Chyne didn’t tell me how his wife died? I guess I should just leave it alone, but what was he hiding? Those names, places, and times. What did they mean?

I made it back to my apartment and opened the door to see Vanilla lying on the bed wearing very revealing clothing just looking at me.

I blushed and looked away, “What are you doing?”

She sat up, “Oh, I’ve just been waiting for you.”

I looked back at her, “Not now, Vanilla.”

Vanilla noticed I wasn’t in such a good mood and stood up, “What’s wrong, honey?”

I walked over to her and hugged her tightly, “Nothing. I’ll be fine. Just promise me you’ll be safe.”

She paused for a moment, but hugged back, “I will, Digi. Don’t worry.”

I kissed her on her forehead and opened the door. She grabbed my arm before I could leave, “Wait. Where are you going?”

I turned around to her, “I’m going to talk to Deep Blue about something.”

She let go and I left. I was thinking maybe Deep Blue knew something about Mr. Chyne. If he did, it would help out to clear some things up.

As I was walking down to Deep Blue’s apartment, I heard somepony whistling. I looked around, but couldn’t see anything. The whistle came again and this time I saw a hoof waving inside an open door.

I slowly walked toward the door. The hoof seemed to be waving me inside. The apartment it was in looked dark, yet I continued.

When I got close to the door, the hoof reached to me and yanked me inside. All of a sudden I saw a pony on top of me wearing a mask and a hat along with a black suit.

I tried to get out from underneath the pony, but I was stuck. I opened my mouth, but he quickly covered my mouth with his hoof, “What were you doing looking in my room?!”

I looked at him with wide eyes. No. This couldn’t be. Could it?

He let go of my mouth so I could answer his question, “Mr. Chyne? Is that you?!”

He punched me, “What were you doing?!”

That punch hurt, so I decided to just answer the question, “You were gone for a while, so I was just looking to see if there was something you were hiding!”

He just paused and then stood up. He put his hoof out to help me up. I grabbed it and he pulled me to my feet. Once I was up, he punched me in the stomach and I fell to my knees.

“You know. You shouldn’t look in other ponies things. Is that why you looked like that when you came into my shop?”

I got back up, “No, sir. That was because I defended a mare from getting abused by a stallion.”

He grimaced and took off his mask, “Glad you fought him, but it looks like you lost.”

“No, sir. I didn’t. I beat him, and now he’s in jail.”

Mr. Chyne smiled, “Good. Well then. I’ll see you around, Digi. Keep your nose clean, or you might lose your job.”

Mr. Chyne put his mask back on and opened up a window like he was gonna jump out of it, “Wait!” he looked around to me, “You never answered my question.”

Mr. Chyne looked down, “My wife is what you’re speaking of, I suppose?”

He sighed and looked back at me, “She was sick. With what, I do not know. That’s all you need to know.”

He turned back and jumped out the window. I looked out, but he was already gone. I sighed and decided to just go back to my apartment. There was no point in talking to Deep Blue.

When I got back, Vanilla was already asleep. I just snuggled up to her and drifted off.


Chapter 7 - Getting answers


I woke up early the next morning. Vanilla was still asleep, so I kissed her on her forehead and got dressed and headed for the shop.

I wanted to figure out what Mr. Chyne was doing. Why was he wearing a mask, and why did he not like that I looked through his room a little?

When I got to the shop, he was standing behind the counter, “Ah. Hello, Digi. I trusted you slept well last night?”

I scratched my head with my hoof and smiled, “Well, I hit my head on something.”

Mr. Chyne laughed, “You should be more careful, Digi. Now I have to go again today, so I’ll leave you here with Misty. She’s up in her play room right now like last time.”

I nodded, “I have a question, sir.”

Mr. Chyne walked toward the door, “And what is that, Digi?”

“What were you doing last night?”

Mr. Chyne stopped in the doorway and turned around, “Sometimes, Digi, a pony needs to stop the dark deeds of the night,” he turned around and walked out, “especially if no pony else will.”

Dark deeds of the night? Does he mean evil ponies?

No matter. I needed to look after Misty. I walked up to the play room and saw her playing with her dolls. She got up and ran to me hugging my legs, “Hello, Digi!”

I looked down at her and smiled, “Hello, Misty.”

She let go of me and continued playing as I sat down in the chair. Was watching her this easy all the time? She never did anything bad. She just sat there playing and drawing. I just watched her and then I heard something that broke my heart.

She had two dolls, one was a small filly, the other was a mare. The mare was laying down and the filly was standing over her while she said, “Wake up, mommy. Please. Wake up.”

I shed a small tear, “Do you miss her, Misty?”

Misty turned to me and looked down, “Daddy said we’ll see her again someday. She was just really tired and needed a nap,” she looked back up to me, “but I didn’t think naps would take this long.”

I tried to smile for her, “You’ll see her one day. Later. For right now, she’d want you to be happy.”

Misty stood up, “But why is she still asleep?!”

I looked Misty in the eyes, “Sometimes ponies need a really long nap. It’s hard to be happy forever. You need to rest at some point.”

She sat back down, “I guess so.”

Misty continued to play and I just sat and watched. A couple hours passed. I fed her some carrot sticks for lunch. She ate them all and just went back to playing. She seemed so distant. Probably due to the loss of her mother.

After a while, Mr. Chyne came back from whatever he was doing. He payed me my bits. He was limping for some reason when he got back, but he wouldn’t say why.

I decided to stop by Kage and Kynes place to see what they were up to. When I got there, I knocked on the door and Kynes let me in. It seemed like they were just sitting around talking.

Kynes was drinking some cider it seemed, “So how are you, Digi?”

I sat down on the bed, “Well I got a job now, but my boss is up to something. I know this for a fact.”

Kage looked at me, “What do you mean?”

“Well, he always leaves for the whole day and I saw him last night hiding his face.”

Kynes laughed, “If he was hiding his face, how do you know it was him?”

I laughed, too, realizing how ridiculous that sounded, “He took off the mask once.”

Kynes continued to drink the cider, “Have you tried seeing what he’s up to? Like spy on him?”

“Kind of. I looked through his room to see if there were any clues. All I found were a bunch of names, places, and times.”

Kage stepped in, “Well, I don’t know what he would be up to, Digi. Maybe you should look more into it, but onto another subject. What is this job you have?”

I smiled, “I look after his daughter. She’s very sweet.”

We talked for a little while longer. Once I left, I walked to my apartment. I opened the door and smelled something sweet from inside the kitchen. Cake maybe? I walked into the kitchen and saw Vanilla taking a cake out of a hot oven.

I’m not sure why, but I blushed at this and she turned around and smiled, “Welcome back home, darling. I baked a cake for us.”

I continued to stare at her, “It smells delicious. When do we eat?”

She placed it on the counter and looked at me, “It needs to cool off first. So how was your day?”

I walked toward her, “It was good. I went to see Kage and Kynes.”

She smiled and leaned against the counter, “Oh? And how are they doing?”

I took a few more steps toward her, “They seemed like they’re ok.”

Vanilla grabbed me and kissed me. I was surprised, but soon kissed back. We began to make out, her tongue inside my mouth. What the hell is this feeling? I’ve never had it before. I continued to make out with her as she took me to the bed. She laid down on the bed and took off all her clothes, which was surprisingly very little to begin with.

Oh Celestia. What is this feeling?! Seeing her like this. Her lush body. I couldn’t hold in this feeling any longer.

She smiled at me and began to rub her hoof over her moist vagina, “Are you ready, darling?”

I couldn’t help it. This feeling seemed to take over my body. I took off my clothes and laid beside her. We kissed again and I felt it happen. I was inside of her.

*~*~*

It lasted for about an hour or so. All the pleasure. It was amazing. I looked at Vanilla. We were still in the bed. I smiled at her, and she smiled back. There was another feeling I felt besides pleasure.

Love.

I think I... love Vanilla. And I think she loved me back.

I kissed her, “I love you.”

Vanilla blushed, “I love you, too. I think the cake is done now.”

I laughed and sat up. I put on my clothes and so did she. We walked into the kitchen and Vanilla got us a piece of cake. It was vanilla cake with strawberry icing and some cream filling in the middle. It tasted delicious.

We sat there even after we ate our cake and talked. This is the first time it seemed that we were able to. I held her hoof and we both blushed. Is this what love felt like? Intimate love?

A few more minutes passed of us talking and we went back into bed to sleep. It was still slightly warm from earlier. We both drifted off to sleep. We were tired.

It was late at night when I woke up to somepony knocking on the door. Vanilla also woke up. I got out of bed and walked to the door. Why was somepony here at this time of night?

I opened the door and saw a very worried Mr. Chyne. He didn’t say anything and just stepped inside. I shut the door and turned to him, “What’s wrong?”

Mr. Chyne glanced around the apartment and turned back to me, “I think they know who I am.”

I was very confused and I could see Vanilla was, too, “What are you talking about, Mr. Chyne?”

The stallion stumbled and began to tear up, “They took Misty.”


Chapter 8 - The beginning of a long night


I kissed Vanilla goodbye and left with Mr. Chyne to his shop. He said he had to get “dressed”, and by that he meant put on his clothes that he was wearing when I saw him the night before with the mask.

Once he did that, he told me he knew exactly where Misty was going to be.

We were walking outside toward the destination, “How do you know she’ll be there?”

Mr. Chyne kept looking forward, “I just know. This pony has been watching me. A criminal. A murderer.”

I was surprised, “A murderer?”

“Yes, Digi. I’ve been trying to get him for a few days now, but it seems as if he’s gotten me. I will not let him hurt my Misty.”

I didn’t want Misty to get hurt either. She seemed to have found her way into my heart. Mr. Chyne began to run down the street, so I followed close behind. I believe we were almost there.

We made it to an old warehouse. The chain on the door was broken, so Mr. Chyne just opened it. It was dark inside. I made my horn glow so we could see. Junk was piled up on shelves all around us. I turned to Mr. Chyne, “How do you know he’s in here?”

He pointed his hoof toward a pony with a gun, “That’s how.”

The pony shot at us, but Mr. Chyne jumped out of the way and got me out of the way, too. I was pushed outside the warehouse and the door shut. I tried to open it, but it locked itself, too. I could hear gunshots inside, so I knew Mr. Chyne would be too busy to help me, so I needed to find another way in.

I looked around the warehouse and saw a ladder leading up to an open window. It seemed a little too easy, but I wasn’t going to complain. I started to climb up. Is this a trap? If it is, I don’t care. I just need to get in there and help Mr. Chyne and save Misty.

I got to the top and didn’t see anypony inside. I hoped through the window and walked toward a door in the room I was in. I opened it and I saw a stairway leading down. I could also see out to the rest of the warehouse. It looked like a fire was in the middle of everything. Almost like a campfire.

I went down the first flight of stairs and saw a pony holding a gun. I did not want to deal with him, so I quickly shoved him off the stair rail, falling to his death.

Wait...

Did I just kill a pony? Am I a murderer for doing that?

No... I can’t be. He was going to try to kill me.

I snapped out of it. I needed to save Misty, and my bits were on her being in the middle of the warehouse where that fire was.

I ran past the dead pony and headed toward the center. I could still hear gunfire where Mr. Chyne was. I was running so fast. My heart was beating almost like when I was with Vanilla. Was this adrenaline?

I eventually made it to the center and saw the fire, but nopony was here. I looked around and saw a note on the table.

It read, “Hello, Mr. Chyne. I know you killed my brother. I know why you did it, too. It’s because he raped that mare and killed her.”

I twitched and gagged slightly, but continued to read, “Well now I have your daughter. I can’t wait to see what’s inside her little body. I’m going to cut it up, and then I’m going to find you, and I’m going to kill you.”

No...

Not Misty. I began to cry. The gunfire stopped and I heard a pony come closer. I turned around and saw Mr. Chyne.

He saw me crying, “What’s wrong?”

I handed him the note and he read it. He looked at me, “No,” he turned around and started to knock over everything, “No! NO! NO!!!”

I tried to walk toward him, but he would have punched me in his anger. I knew he would. He looked at me, “We have to find her. If I’m right, we can still get to him. This was just a trap. A trap that he set up, so he couldn’t have gotten far. I think I know where he is.”

Without hesitation, Mr. Chyne ran out the warehouse and I followed. He lead me to an abandoned freezer room. The place was very misty, so I could barely see five hooves in front of me.

I walked around. I could faintly hear the sound of a blade sharpening against steel. It echoed all around me, so I didn’t know where it was coming from. I looked around me and noticed something.

Mr. Chyne wasn’t with me. He entered this building with me, didn’t he?

I heard him call out, “Digi?!”

I looked around and answered back, “Yes?! I’m here!”

“I don’t know where you are in here, but keep your eyes out for Misty! This place is pretty big!”

I looked around and started to walk down some stairway to a basement. The blade began to get louder. At the bottom of the stairway was a door. I could smell something disgusting on the other side. It almost made me vomit.

I opened up the door slowly and saw a room filled with ponies hanging by hooks in their mouths. They were completely gutted, some with their intestines hanging out on the floor. All rotting.

This did make me vomit. All of that cake I had with Vanilla. Who could do this? Who could do this to ponies?

I looked back up and wiped my mouth, the smell of death filled the air. I saw a pony with a scarlet coat and a orange, ruffled short mane with a blade.

He turned around slowly toward me with this evil grin on his face. I saw Misty tied up behind him.

He began to walk toward me slowly while smiling, “Good! You came to visit me. What’s your name, little pony?”

I stepped back and hesitated. He laughed and continued to walk toward me, “There’s no need to be scared...”

The pony looked up and chuckled then looked back to me, “No. Actually there is. I’d like it if you’d scream when I slice you open.”

I continued to step back but he continued to walk toward me, “Wh-who are you?”

He laughed, “I’m hurt that you don’t know me! I’m Crimson Tear,” he looked at the dead ponies and smiled, “but my friends here call me The Butcher.”