• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 1,515 Views, 36 Comments

Let's Play - Cool writer

  • ...
34
 36
 1,515

12 Let's Propose

"OK, you remember what Kirito said, right?"

"Yeah... something like: when you feel the sword skill start to activate, drive it home!" I said, holding the sword in my levitation.

"I've found that sword skills, and over all sword usage is easier when it's not being levitated." Leaf said to me. I nodded, and levitated the sword closer to me. Popping of the ground onto my hind legs I grabbed the sword in my hoof. Leaf looked at me in a weird way.

"I mean in your mouth." She said.

"Yeah, but this is easier." I argued. Leaf had been born into Equestria with master sword knowledge, and skill. She was trying to teach me so I could help her on missions for Princess Celestia (as I had taken to calling her, now that it no longer mattered that she was an AI). I charged the sword skill, "sword beam," causing my sword to glow a white, green.

"Good." Leaf said, watching my progress. I focused, and swung my sword at the test dummy. the glow shot off the blade and cut the test dummy in half. It then exploded like an item from SAO... into a shower of glowing polygons that drift away into nothingness. "Alright, you ready to battle me?" She asked. I looked at her, and grinned. She levitated the sword from her sheath, and grabbed it in her mouth. We bowed (me in the human way, her in the usual), and in an instant she charged me. I swung my sword to block but it was knocked from my hooves. I pointed the same hoof at it, and focused my magic on the sword, causing it's hilt to be covered in my aura. I swung my hoof as if the sword was still in it's grasp, and the sword followed my path. Leaf turned to block, and I took my chance. I leaped at her and tackled her to the ground, bringing the sword into my grasp. I held it to her neck. She was able to do nothing as she had lost the sword when I tackled her.

"Concede?" I asked, grinning.


I sat, leaning against a wall, levitating a small towel to wipe the sweat from my brow.

"Whew! What a work out!" I exclaimed, winded. Leaf smiled back at me.

"I never knew how much work this was!" She said back, equally winded. A puff of smoke drifted into the room, and formed into a scroll. I caught it in my aura, bringing it closer and unfurling it. It read:

Dear Night Light and Leaf Blade

I wish to meet with you, preferably in your home. We have finally set up a meeting between you and your parents. I will be there when you arrive.

I gulped.

"What dose it say?" Leaf asked.

"We're gonna talk to mom and dad."

It had been about a month for us since we immigrated. We didn't know, or care how long it was in the outer realm, as we called it. Celestia said that time would be running faster here, but she didn't say by how much faster. We had been putting off talking to them, worried that they would be angry, or disown us or something. But, it apparently satisfied our values to talk to them, so we might as well stop running from it.

We packed up our training stuff, and began walking home. Leaf and Broad had moved in with Star and I, "The more the merrier!" Star had said, good thing our house was huge. Star had seemed so much... happier, when I immigrated. I had noticed (back when I was human) that at one point, she seemed sad when she looked at me. I guess it was because she realized she was just looking at a puppet.

I then remembered that Star was in the market, getting groceries for dinner. Thanks to a special spell, there was no scarcity in this world. All you needed to do was cast the spell on an object (food in this case) and then any one other than the caster can come along and pick up a copy of the original object, for a whole hour! But we had forgotten to do that a few times on the ingredients and were running low on stuff to cook.

"I'm gonna go get Star," I said, as we passed the market.

"I'll meet you at home." Leaf said. I nodded, and we parted ways.



I parted ways with my brother, and started on my way home. I wanted to talk with Celestia, about what exactly I could do here. I had been thinking about it since the second I saw Broad. Not wanting to waste any time, I broke into a ru... a gallop, (still getting used to these pony-isms). The big dark oak wooded house came into view. It was on the edge of town, so it was pretty quiet.

... Would we have to move out if Broad and I went through with this? I mean, the house is big, but not that big.

I knocked on the door. Celestia opened it. I bowed to her, and took the place she indicated with a tap beside her on the couch.

"Celestia?" I asked. She looked at me, a small amount of concern on her face... just enough to be normal.

"Yes?" She asked, her motherly voice sneaking in.

"I was wondering..." I started, but then Broad walked in. "I also wanted to talk to you about this," I nodded toward Broad.

"Oh? What is it?" He asked, sitting in one of the arm(foreleg?) chairs across from the couch.

"Is it... possible to have kids?" I asked Celestia. She giggeled.

"Of course it is! Being a parent will satisfy your values, so, here in Equestria, it is possible to have foals." Celestia explained. Broad looked stunned.

"You... want to have foals with me?" He asked vacantly. He smiled and started crying. "I think we'll have to get married first." He said, in between his happy tears. I started crying happy tears too.

"Then let's do it! Let's get married!" I exclaimed, just as Star and Night walked in.