• Published 1st Oct 2015
  • 464 Views, 2 Comments

Other Voices - Jongoji245



Occurring in the same time in both universes, there are two scenarios. 1) Cosgrove reconciles with his friends from the Circus and 2) Sunset Shimmer starting small outside of the Mane Five

  • ...
 2
 464

Chapter 1: An Early Morning

It was Nine O’clock on a very cool morning in Ponyville. Cosgrove awoke from his evening slumber. He stretched his mouth as he let out a yawn.

“It’s time for school again…” he murmured as he stretched his hooves and dewclaws one by one, each with their own little pops. He hopped out of his bed with his left hoof reaching for his saddlebag when he suddenly flopped over to his right side, his right hind leg was still “asleep” from sleeping in an improper position. Shaking it awake, the colt made his way out the door when he heard a crunch under his hooves. He looked down at a new roll of newspaper. Stuffing it in his saddle bag, Cosgrove walked to school.

Never the first student to arrive, Cosgrove weaved through his crowding classmates as they said their daily departing from their older relatives. Rumble, after saying goodbye to Thunderlane, caught up to Cosgrove and the two responded with a bro-hoof.

The students sat in their chairs and began pulling items out of their saddlebags. Button Mash couldn’t bring his handheld consoles this time though at his mother’s discretion. Cosgrove again began sketching a costume.

Once the lunch bell rang, all the fillies and colts ran out of the building. Sitting in their preferred benches, they unpacked their lunches and began to eat.

Cosgrove unpacked his lunch just when the paper he received this morning dropped out of his saddlebag and revealed the front cover article. Lifting up the paper, the colt began reading. His eyes widened as he looked at the article.

“Aw sweet! The Circus is back in town.” Rumble rejoiced.

A few hours has passed before the end of the school bell rang. The students packed up their belongings and began walking out the door.

“Cosgrove, can I have a minute with you?”

The colt looked back at the source of the voice, none other than Ms. Cheerilee. After giving a brief bro-hoof to Rumble, Cosgrove walked over to the teacher.

“Yes Ms. Cheerilee?”

“You came from the Barn and Bailey Circus, is that correct?”

“Yes, mam. They are just coming back to town.”

“I usually don’t ask this, but would you give the class a tour of the Circus?” Those last few words, Cosgrove drew his ears back and eyed away from the teacher. Cheerilee knelt down, “I know that is asking much for someone-”

“No, no! I am honored. Really I am...” Cosgrove noticed Cheerilee giving a worried look before warming back up, “When are we going?”