• ...
9
 12
 1,297

Chapter 1: Recap

Chapter 1: Recap, Memories foretold.


Journal Entry #177

August 17, 2577 11:00AM

Today has been rather long in Ponyville. From what news I've heard is that there has been as raid in a nearby town. Many residents in Ponyville in town are flipping out, as if they are going to attack us next. It's possible, but I have sonic weaponry unlike them, so no worries here. I might just go check out the damage tomorrow, maybe scavenge supplies for my new experiments. I should wait a day or two, just to be safe. But wait, what if the raided town gets picked clean? This may be my only chance to gather the right materials for the new project. It cleans radiation of the pony body that uses it. Maybe in the form of a drug such as an injection. I should save these details for the actual work itself. Back to the topic at hoof. Tomorrow seems like a good day to travel. I wonder how long it is from Ponyville. I should ask. Now about that project...

David Whooves



(OPEN SONG IN NEW TAB, ADDED FOR EFFECT!)


Present day: August 17, 2589

It's been twelve years. Twelve, dry, sad years since my parents death. Today's the day they died. Just twelve years ago, I was sitting in a dusty, cramped closet, trying to hide my whimpers from the death held outside my door. Everything in my life changed that day. Everything became gray, and dark, like how the clouds cover the warm sunlight radiating from the sky. The days grew colder, the nights became restless. Every second I close my eyes, I see death. What is true happiness? Is it a state of mind? A moment of peace? Or is it just that spark of imagination, when you think all is well. My happiness was crushed. Crushed by the bastards that walk the wasteland of Equestria. I was left to be a lone pegasus.


They say rainbows can cheer up the drowned soul, It'll take more than that.

(Close song tab)

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV



It was irregularly chilly today, way below what it usually is. Walking down the streets of Ponyville on this cold afternoon almost makes it seem like winter, though from what I know it's summer. Ponies should be playing outside and basking in the sun. I should be sulking inside, but this cold frigidness opens up my mind and lets me think of what use to be good in life. Trotting down the concrete road that leads all throughout Ponyville, the sheet of frost covering my hooves. The cold stimulates every one of my senses, and leads me into a state of meditation. I can never stop thinking of the past. I need to forget. I really do. It's not as easy as it may seem. If only I could go back in time to kill those raiders. To stop them from destroying my life, and my family.

"Blast! What are you doing out here in this cold?" A familiar voice rang out in my head. It soon showed to be quite real, and not just a thought, but an action. "Your going to catch something!"

I looked at the speaker who seemed to be in my head. I was buried in my own consciousness, slowly dying inside. Reality hit me as who-ever was talking to me, reached out for my back.

"You gotta get inside! What are you doing out here anyways?"

I continue to stare in the abyss. The speaker became clear, and her identities showed to be a pegasus. She was my best friend Night Shade. I had walked past her house and she must have spotted me taking a walk outside. She knows me better than I do myself. I had met her three years after I was brought to Ponyville and she became my only friend in the whole town. I was too shy to talk to her at first, but I worked up the courage when I was a colt. I remember as if it were all yesterday; Her black mane, her soft gray wings that would bloom a beautiful array. Her infectious laugh, and care for others... I ignored her calls for me.

"Storm! Stop! It's freezing out here!"

"I'm fine, just let me be." I grumbled as the hot breath left my mouth, forming mist in the freezing air. I turned and continued to slowly walk. She threw her wings over my back and a warm sensation soothed my chills.

"Storm? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." I scooted away, dissipating the warmth from my back and replacing it with the cold I once sought out for. Except this was a depressing, soggy cold.

"I know what today is, and I'm sorry. But your going to get sick and that won't make anything better." She drew closer and reclaimed the heat from my back.

"Please, just let me go on my way." I repeated the rejection for care.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"No."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Well, here." She ran inside and came outside with a leather jacket. She flipped it over my back, and made sure it was snug. "Putting yourself through pain isn't going to bring them back, Storm. Everything will be alright."

"Everything will be alright? That's what they all say." I continued grudging.

"Please, just go home and get some rest."



Everything will be alright, so they say. They say a lot of things. Hell, they say everything. Everything? That's a lot of things for one to say.



Authors note: Ok ok, I know I promised longer chapters, but I really really really really really REALLY wanted to get this chapter out! I think it was the most depressing piece of work I've ever done! Hope you enjoyed it! And don't worry, it won't always be so sad and dull! Just wait, you'll see.... Oh you'll see MUAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kapu0 :D

P.S: 404error is my #1 fan! :D