• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 793 Views, 9 Comments

Dragon Age: Fading Out - The Joeker



The Hero/King of Ferelden has been missing for a few years, trying to cure the Calling, with his faithful hound but when he picks up an artifact he thinks can help he is thrown into something greater than he thought possible, this is his codex entry.

  • ...
10
 9
 793

Prologue

I'll admit, I am unsure as of where to start this story…

I suppose it could begin at the start of the 5th Blight, where I was living in Highever Castle with my family, the Couslands.

Before our long-time ally, Arl Howe, murdered them in cold blood, I escaped the castles destruction and slaughter, with Duncan, the Warden-Commander of Ferelden, and I was to join the Wardens in return for my life, my parents staying behind to buy us time, we travelled to Ostagar, on the edge of the Korcari Wilds, where we were to make our stand against the Darkspawn horde... it didn't go according to plan…

I met the king, who promised me he would bring Arl Howe to justice when we won at Ostagar, I talked with the great General Loghain Mac Tir, the Hero of River Dane, I did various things around the camp, bought some Dragonbone armor and a Dragonbone Greatsword, I met Alistair, a fellow Grey Warden and who would be my travelling companion, we met the other 2 recruits, Jory and Daveth, before being told by Duncan to get three vials of Darkspawn blood, we also reclaimed some treaties of the Wardens, and it was then I met the love of my life, Morrigan, she gave us the treaties and introduced us to her mother.

We got back, and the Joining began, we drank the Darkspawn blood.

Daveth did so willingly and died, as not all bodies can take the Taint.

Jory refused because of the possible death and Duncan killed him.

So… for a start, I was the only one who survived the Joining Ritual, I was paired with Alistair to light a beacon to tell Teryn Loghain to charge and assist the kings troops, Darkspawn intercepted us and we kicked their ass, we lit the beacon and I killed an ogre.

Then a group of Darkspawn attacked us, and damn near killed me.

When I awoke in the Wilds in Morrigan and Flemeth's hut I found that Loghain had not responded to the beacon and left Cailan, the Wardens and Duncan to die, which they did.

I found Alistair and my Mabari, Barkspawn alive and well, Alistair was greatly saddened over Duncan and Cailan's death, Flemeth reminded us of the treaties we still possessed, she then gave us Morrigan to help us in our quest.

Our first stop was Soldiers Peak, Levi Dryden, part of the Drydens who were part of the Wardens when they rebelled against a tyrant some hundred years ago, both the Wardens and the Drydens were exiled and the Peak was lost, we entered, closed the veil, killed some demons, killed Sophia Drydens possessed corpse, allowed Avernus to continue his research without limitations and gained some new powers, then I had a Starmetal greatsword called Starfang made.

The next stop was the Circle, where I saved the Mages from demons.

Then I assisted the Dalish with their werewolf problem, I free the werewolves and gained the Dalish as allies.

Then he sent an assassin after me, Zevran, who I recruited.

Then we travelled to Redcliffe, where I assisted them against undead, I got a dwarf to help, a tavern owner and an elf working for Loghain, I helped them prepare and fight.

Then we entered the castle, finding the Arl's son, Connor, possessed, I went to the Circle and got help, Jowan, a mage who poisoned Arl Eamon and wanted to help was sent in, he saved Connor and everyone survived, we were sent to find the urn of Sacred Ashes.

First we went to Orzammar and helped Prince Bhelen claim the throne, I found Branka, a Paragon, and helped her reclaim the Dwarves most prized possession, the Anvil of the Void, she created golems to help me in the Blight.

We then claimed the Urn of sacred Ashes, after passing some trials and Brother Genitivi helped us and rewarded us.

We healed Arl Eamon and gave Jowan to the Circle, Eamon called the Landsmeet, a meeting of every noble family in Ferelden.

First we met Loghain, who was with Arl Howe, I demanded blood rights and he waved me off.

Then I saved Queen Anora from her father who locked her up, I killed Howe and surrendered to Ser Cauthrien, Loghain's lackey, me and Alistair broke out after I knocked the guard out and disguised ourselves as guards and escaped.

We got back to Eamon and we talked to the queen.

I let her now we'd side with her, and I would be Prince-consort of Ferelden, under our rule, Ferelden would unite, me the strategist, and Anora the politician.

I freed the Alienage from slavers Loghain was using.

Then we called the Landsmeet, they decided our cause was more just than Loghain's and we met in a duel, I kicked his ass.

Then I made him a Grey Warden, Alistair left us after hearing that and I convinced Anora to not execute him.

Loghain survived and Anora was thankful.

We made camp outside the city to restock and I got to know Loghain and Anora, Loghain wasn't a bad guy, just misguided, he truly believed he was defending his country, and I saw his reasoning.

We met the Archdemon after I had a child with Morrigan, whose mother I killed to protect her.

I struck the killing blow after Riordan, a Grey Warden Howe locked up was killed after falling from the Archdemon after trying to jump on it's back while flying and kill it, he clipped it's wings and it fell.

The Archdemon exploded, almost killing me, but because of Morrigan, I survived.

I was met with a hero's praise and my new fiancée.

6 months after, I was sent to Amaranthine to se to the new home of the Wardens, to find it besieged, we eliminated the Darkspawn, including a talking Darkspawn! We saved the Seneschal of the Keep, Varel

I let Nathanial Howe go with his families things, the Howe's weren't all to blame just Rendon.

I stopped smugglers in Amaranthine.

I met Justice possessing a dead Warden, Kristoff.

I cleared the Deep Roads beneath the keep and rebuilt the walls and helped a dwarf with his explosives and Master Wade with Silverite armor.

I cleared Kal'Hirol

Then I put down a rebellion after giving my soldiers to the farmlands to protect the peasants, I put it down with words, not action.

I quelled a rebellion intended to eliminate me.

Then I cleared the Wending Wood, helping an elf.

I met the Architect, a leader of 'peaceful' Darkspawn.

I escaped his trap and rallied my men for war, then I found out Amaranthine had been attacked, I saved her and the Keep survived.

I spared the Architect and killed the Mother.

Then I cleared Amgarrak of a… monster…

And I found Morrigan, and let her go through an eluvian as long as she kept in touch.

Now, my story begins anew...