• Published 22nd Sep 2015
  • 424 Views, 0 Comments

A Past to be Forgotten - Pyrefly_91



Pyrefly has left is home of old and moved out to Ponyville to escape his past. After arriving, he reunites with an old friend, meets many new ones, and might just get the happy life he's always dreamed of.

  • ...
 0
 424

Nightmares and Reunions

“Stop! What did I do now? Let go of me!”

“Look at you. Flying around like you're better than the rest of your family. What did I tell you about doing that around here?”

“What is your problem?”

“The only problem I see here is what's resting at your back. Maybe I should break those damn things. Maybe then you'll learn.”

“Learn what?”

“THAT YOU AIN'T SPECIAL! Now stop squirming and give me those damn wings! I need to make it so that your like the rest of us!”

“Hey, don't blame me for mom's genes, now let me go!”

“To Hell with your mother's genes. If you were born of Earth Ponies then you should be a god damn Earth Pony!”

“That's no fair! Do you even hear yourself? I'm your son!”

“I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!”

“LET ME GO!”

“WHERE THE HELL IS MY HAMMER?”

“STOP!”

“JUST FUCKING HOLD STILL!”

“NOOOO!” Pyrefly screamed as he sat up in his bed, a cold sweat coating his face. Fear began to engulf his senses as he looked around the dark room he was trapped in. However, he quickly realized where he was, in his new home in Ponyville. As he began to relax, he heard a steady knocking from downstairs. With an exhausted groan, he rolled out of bed and proceeded to the source of the sound.

Reaching the stairs, he was reminded of the storm of party supplies that the pink pony from the day before had unleashed upon his living space.

“Note to self. Never let that psycho pony in here again." Pyrefly said under his breath. Reaching the base of the stairs, a mare's voice could be heard from the other side of the front door.

"I hope they're ok? That scream was really loud. I heard it from down the road. Maybe I should teleport in…"

"No, no, no. No teleporting," Pyrefly shouted through the door. " Give me a sec."

"Oh, sorry." The mare said as the Pegasus opened the door. Standing on stoop, is an orange unicorn with a red and orange mane. "I heard you shouting and I rushed over. By the way, I'm -"

"Sunset Shimmer?!"

"Yes, but how did you know that?"

"I'm hurt." Pyrefly said with a smirk. " How could you forget your old friend?"

"Old friend? I don't…"

Suddenly, her eyes widened, jaw dropped and a look of shock spread across her face.

"Oh my Celestia, Ja-"

"Please. Pyrefly now."

"Doesn't matter," Sunset squeed, lunging forward and wrapping her friend in a tight embrace, tears streaming down her face. "I've missed you so much!"

"Oh, so you missed me did you? You didn't even remember who I was."

"Yeah, well I never thought I'd see you again"

"It's ok. Let it out."

"Sorry." Sunset said, pulling herself away, wiping her face with a hoof. "Sorry. But I'm serious. I never thought I'd see you again. The last time we saw each other was-"

"Just before you left home for Canterlot to study under the Princess. Speaking of which, how'd that go? Learn anything cool?"

"Well, you see…" Sunset stammered nervously.

"Sunset? What happened?" Pyrefly pressed, cocking an eyebrow in concern.

"Promise you won't get mad?"

"Only if you don't come in and sit down before you start. I'm tired and sore from standing in this doorway."

With a mixed look of relief and terror, Sunset followed her friend inside to his living room, only to be stopped by the still present mess of balloons and confetti littering the floor.

"Oh, sorry. Nevermind the mess." Pyrefly said as he flew over the floor of rubber and paper. "I'll get this cleaned up. I just need to go out and pick up some cleaning supplies."

"Was this Pinkie's doing? She seriously needs to learn about personal space."

"You know that psychotic pink pony?"

"Yeah." Sunset said as she lit up her horn, and with a flash of bright orange light, the mess was gone. "She can be a handful sometimes but she always means well."

"Handful?" Pyrefly repeated, eyebrow cocked once more.

"Oh, my bad. Force of habit."

"Force of habit? Where in Equestria did you pick up a habit like that? Griffonstone? The Dragonlands?"

"No, no, no. But if you really want to know, then I should start from the beginning."

"Always a good place to start." Pyrefly jeered with a smirk.

"Quite you. I've forgotten how much of a smart ass you are."

"Ouch! I'm hurt. Not only did you forget me, you forgot about one of my most endearing qualities."

"Whatever." Sunset said with a smile and a roll of her eyes.

"But enough with the pleasantries. What happened after you left home?"

Surprised that the small talk didn't make her friend forget the reason he invited her into his home. Closing her eyes, as she sat on his couch, she took a deep breath. Letting it out, she looked her old friend in his eyes.

"It's a long story."

"So stop stalling and get on with it."

"But what if you… I don't… I just got you…"

"Sunset. I know it's been a long time, but no matter what you say, I never will think ill of you. I mean seriously, how often did you have my back back home?"

"But, Jay…"

"Sunset. Stop. Just spit it out. I'm not letting you leave until you do."

"You know you can't follow through on that." Sunset said with a forced smile.

"Shut up and spit it out!" Pyrefly shouted with a laugh.

"Alright fine. But don't say I didn't warn you."