• Published 24th Sep 2015
  • 1,067 Views, 23 Comments

Final Fantasy XIV: Equestria - Drakinor



The Warrior of Light comes to Equestria to help save it from old enemies and a new evil.

  • ...
1
 23
 1,067

Prologue: Without Shadow

It was a dark moment for Equestria on the night of the Summer Sun Celebration. Nightmare Moon had returned after one thousand years of exile, just as the old legend had stated. The land was threatened to be smothered by eternal night, doomed to a cold fate. But six brave ponies ventured forward into the Everfree Forest to search for the Elements of Harmony, the only thing that will allow them to defeat Nightmare Moon. Through trials and tribulations, these brave young mares found the elements and bonded with them, using their powers to banish the darkness of Nightmare Moon and restore her to her old self, Princess Luna. But unknown to the heroes, shadows had been observing them.

Hidden in the trees of the Everfree Forest, just outside of the Castle of the Two Sisters, two humanoid beings had been observing the confrontation. They wore black robes with a grey thorn-like pattern on the edges of their clothing while also donning red masks that covered most of their faces barring their mouths.

The tallest robed figure began to speak with deep masculine voice. "So, Nightmare Moon has fallen. It appears your thousand year long gamble has failed." He turned towards the other figure with a dissatisfied look on his face

"I apologize Lahabrea. Had I known that the Elements would have played a part in her downfall, I would've taken it upon myself to destroy them." The female bowed before this 'Lahabrea' with revere. "Give me another chance. I can right this."

"No." Lahabrea replied, turning away from her and putting his attention towards the six ponies celebrating their victory with Princess Celestia and Luna. "You have spent enough time planting the seeds of chaos here in this land. Although it is rich in aether, it is hardly worth investing in it. Even with its connection to Hydaelyn, I doubt we can gather as much aether here as we have in Eorzea." He turned towards the cloaked female once more. "You are hereby ordered to return to the Chrysalis for further instructions, Mitron."

She looked up at her leader with a defeated expression that was responded with a scowl from him. Unable to keep looking up at him anymore, she turned away and disappeared in a flash of darkness.

Before departing himself, Lahabrea looked once more at the ponies. The sight of them celebrating made him want to just blast all of them to void. "My plans with Garlean general and Ultima Weapon are far more fruitful than this multi-colored bile." And with that, he too disappeared in a flash of darkness. The two Ascians left Equestria alone, letting the ponies live out there 'pathetic' lives.

One Year Later...

Mitron stood in a dark room, gazing over an old map in a language that isn't written in Eorzean on a desk. A man in a robe similar to hers but white approached Mitron from behind. "Still obsessing?" He spoke plainly.

Mitron nearly jumped in surprise and turned to face the man known as Elidibus. "Emissary! To what do I owe the honor?"

Elidibus began pacing around the room, circling around her. "I have come to bring news to you and your fellow Ascians. Igeyorhm and Lahabrea have fallen."

The Ascian looked at Elidibus with disbelief. Two of the most powerful members, one of them being their leader, have been killed! "H-how? I have heard Nabriales was gone, but Lahabrea! Both he and Igeyorhm had powers beyond our own. Who could have achieved a feat, let alone being able to eliminate us on the spot!"

"The Warrior of Light has grown too strong. She defeated them even as they attempted the eighth Rejoining. Her power borders on the realm of gods. She cannot stay in Eorzea any longer, lest we have her thwart our plans even further."

'The Warrior of Light', Mitron thought. She had heard the tales of a Miqo'te gifted with the Echo running around and slaying primals. She has even defeated the mighty Bahamut, ruining his resurrection. Mitron looked at Elidibus with worried a look on her face. "What are we going to do then?"

"I need the Warrior of Light out of our hairs. It is unlikely for any of us to defeat her head on as she is right now. For us to proceed with Lord Zodiark's revival, we need something to distract her." Elidibus stood across from Mitron. He raised his hand and pointed his finger at the map. "I know you've been sneaking into this land, disobeying Lahabrea's orders, but I think it's time you started to show your admiration for this place to others. Bring her here, and make sure it has her attention."

Mitron looked at Elidibus, shocked, which soon turned into a sinister smile. "Oh, I can offer more than that. A lot has transpired in our absence and this world is ripe for the picking with its aether. I can assure you, Emissary, that I can extinguish the Light."

"All that matters is that she is kept busy. How you go about it is up to you entirely." And with that, Elidibus disappeared before her. Mitron was once again left to her own devices.

"Finally, I can return to my magnum opus. Lahabrea, for a leader, you were definitely a poor one. Too stupid to notice potential when it's right in front of you. I no longer have to prove anything to anyone. O, vaunted Warrior of Light. I hope you are ready to face utter chaos!" Mitron couldn't control herself. She let out a hideous, chaotic laughter that echoed through the halls of the Ascian headquarters.

Author's Note:

Well, time to bust out some of my ideas for stories. The prologue was short and sweet, but it was meant to help set up some elements I had in mind. This is my first story and some constructive criticism would be great. If I make any mistakes with the FFXIV and MLP lore, let me know since keeping it all together is kind of taxing. That being said, the title of the prologue is a reference to the Ascian's main theme, as you can see. Originally I was going to have this be a re-telling of the Manipulator fight, but I decided against it.