• Published 30th Sep 2015
  • 558 Views, 6 Comments

Untold Stories of Equestria: Episode Three- Rainbow Reunion - Sparrow9642



Rainbow Dash suddenly realizes that she doesn't visit her parent's as often as she should, and schedules a reunion.

  • ...
1
 6
 558

Spring Cleaning

It was the first day of spring, as Rainbow Dash prepared to do a chore she hated doing every spring; spring cleaning. She had tried to procrastinate as much as she could, but seeing Twilight, Pinkie, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy were doing it, she knew she'd get nagged at by Twilight for not doing her spring cleaning, seeing Twilight could fly now, and was even a princess. Rainbow wasn't the most tidy pony around, and her entire home was a mess, and looked as if a tornado had struck her entire home.

Rainbow decided to start in her bedroom, where tons of clutter covered the bedroom floor, making it hard to navigate to her bed. Luckily for Rainbow, she was the best flier in Ponyville, so she could just fly over all the clutter, which she did.

"Where to start?" she said to herself.

Rainbow picked up bits of the clutter, and shoved it underneath her bed, immediately sparking an idea in her head. She flew at top speed, and gathered all the clutter in one pile, then shoved it underneath her bed, along with the rest of the clutter.

"Piece of cake! Now, onto...

Rainbow was interrupted, as her bed went airbourne, into the air, causing all the clutter to go flying everywhere around the room. She was buried underneath a mountain of clutter, before she could even fly out of the room. She managed to get herself out of the clutter, noticing something on the tip of her nose.

"What the?" she said to herself, grabbing the object off the tip of her nose.

The object was an old picture, framed in a wooden picture frame. The glass protecting the picture was covered with too much dust, so she blew it off to get a good look at the picture. Once the dust was clear, Rainbow noticed the picture was an old family photo of her next to her parents when she was still a filly with a blank flank. Rainbow also noticed that there was writing in the bottom-right corner of the picture, which nearly brought her to tears.

"Always remember to fly straight, our little Rainbow."

Mom and Dad

Rainbow's eyes started to fill with tears, remembering the day that the photo was taken.


"Flashback #1"

"Why do I have to do this!?" exclaimed Rainbow, being dragged by her mother to a nearby photography studio.

"Young lady, we have no family photos, so we figured it was time that we get some taken," replied Rainbowshine.

"You know how much I hate having my picture taken, mom!"

"I don't care, Rainbow. Just because your Cloudsdale Elementary School photo was a little embarrassing, doesn't mean that this one has to be."

"But, what if they are there too?"

"Who?" asked Rainbowshine. "Those three fillys that make fun of you, just because you have a hard time flying?"

Rainbow got a depressed look on her face, which her mother noticed.

"Tell you what. If you agree to participate in this photoshoot, we'll take you to see the Wonderbolts Airshow next week. Sound fair?" persuaded Rainbowshine.

"You mean it?!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash with excitment.

"Yes, but only if you participate, Rainbow," replied Rainbowshine.

"YES!" agreed Rainbow Dash.

"Alright then, and if we see those boys, we'll give em' the old "Rainbow Punishment." That'll teach them not to mess with a pegasus as special as you, Rainbow."

Rainbow looked at her mother full of joy. "I feel better now," said Rainbow Dash. "Thanks, mom."

"You're welcome, dear," replied Rainbowshine. "Now, I'll race ya to the studio!"

"You're on!" exclaimed Rainbow, as she raced her mother to the studio.


Rainbow came out of her flashback, wiping tears from her eyes.

"Those were the days," she said to herself. "When was the last time I actually talked to my parent's?"

Rainbow thought deeply about the question, trying to think of the last time she saw or talked to her parent's. However, she couldn't think of any time recently that she had even associated with her mother or father. That's when she realized that she hadn't spoken to her mother and father since the day she left Cloudsdale.

"OH MY GOSH! I haven't talked to my parents since the day I left them!" she exclaimed.

Rainbow started to feel guilty, and immediately thought of a solution.

"Calm down, Rainbow," she said to herself. "Easy fix. All I need to do, is schedule something like a... reunion, and I know just the right pony who can help me with that; Pinkie Pie."

Rainbow turned to dash out of the room, but that's when she realized that she still had her spring cleaning to do.

"Hehe. That is, after I've finished my spring cleaning," she said, returning to her chore.

ENTER THEME

Author's Note:

Next chapter will be longer, I'm just trying to keep this like an actual MLP episode, and the intro of the episode is short, so that's why this chapter was so short :twilightsheepish: Hope you enjoyed!:twilightsmile::rainbowlaugh: