• Published 15th Sep 2015
  • 6,272 Views, 75 Comments

Transformers Prime: A Brave New World - The Carolean



After the Decepticons discover energon on a distant planet, Optimus Prime and the Autobots arrive in Ponyville, quickly attracting the crown's attention. Now it is up to Prime and the princesses to protect Equestria from the Decepticons.

  • ...
6
 75
 6,272

Chapter 5

Luna lazily opened her eyes, immediately regretting that action as she was blinded by bright lights above her. She reopened her eyes, this time using her hoof to shield them from the blaze. She laid in a hospital bed, with nurse Redheart to her left, and Celestia and Twilight on her right. “Ugh...sister, what happened? And why does mine mouth feel as though a bird has been nesting in it?” Luna asked, rubbing her head in a vain attempt to alleviate her headache.

“You passed out after you and we escaped the caves,” Celestia explained. She hugged Luna, wrapping her large, warm wings around her. “I’m so proud of you little sister” she added, making the younger sister’s cheeks turn a light crimson.

“S-stop it sister, you’re making me blush,” Luna said. Celestia released her, though an aura of pride still surrounded the solar princess. Luna straitened her fur, attempting to look as presentable as possible, as a princess should. “So, when will we return to Canterlot?” she asked.

"You'll be fine in a few hours," Redheart explained, handing her a small glass of water. "You only had slight fatigue and minor dehydration. After some rest and small glasses of water or two, you should be ready to go home."

"Excellent! I think it would be best if we leave as soon as possible, lest we throw Canterlot into a panic," Luna said.

“About that Luna, you’re going to have to run Canterlot without me for a little bit,” Celestia told her.

“Why is that?” Luna asked curiously.

“Optimus invited me to hunt down an old Autobot relic somewhere near the badlands,” Celestia said. It was then Luna realized her sister was without her golden regalia, save for her necklace. Despite the fact ponies rarely wore clothes, she looked almost naked.

“Isn’t that dangerous, sister? How do we know the enemy will not fall upon you while you search for this relic?” Luna questioned.

“Optimus has assured me that the Decepticons don’t know where the relic is buried, but to be on the safe side, he and the Autobots are assuming radio silence, and we're hike through the forest so they won'the detect their...what did he call it again Twilight?” the solar princess asked.

"Ground-bridge," Twilight happily answered.

“Yes, their ground-bridge. Besides, if anything does come up, I can take care of myself," Celestia added

“I know sister, I really do. Still If you are injured or...well...I don’t know what I’d do without you,” Luna confessed.

Celestia smiled warmly, wrapping one of her forehooves around her sister. “Don’t worry Luna, I promise I won’t let that happen,” she assured her sister.

"Where is Optimus anyway? If you must leave, should you not be setting out soon?" Luna asked.

"He's entertaining some of our child patients outside," Nurse Redheart answered.

"Oh, thank you nurse," Luna said as she climbed out of bed. The three princesses made their way out of the hospital, stepping through the exit to discover Optimus in his truck form, right in front of Pinkie Pie and a group of colts and fillies, some of whom were in wheelchairs or had crutches. Celestia kept her smile, though the sight of the children saddened her.

"Again!" Pinkie shouted. Prime heeded her command, changing back into his humanoid form. The crowd cheered as Pinkie Pie bounced about excitedly. "Again!!" Pinkie ordered. Optimus again changed forms, this time honking his horn and revving his engine. "Again!!!"

"I think the poor 'bot's toiled enough for today, Pinkie Pie," Celestia interjected.

"Awww. But it's Optimus Prime! THE Optimus Prime!" she argued.

"I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to watch him change forms in the future, but right now we need to leave," the princess told her. She patted Pinkie on the shoulder, then turned to Optimus. "Ready?" she asked.

"I have your equipment in my cab, as well as a full fuel tank," he answered. Too large to fit inside him, Celestia climbed on top of Prime. She sat with her back facing his truck body, using her hooves to wedge herself between where a trailer would have attached and the space between his smokestacks; she wasn't exactly comfortable, but it would do. Before he could drive away, Luna trotted up to Prime's door.

"Optimus, please watch over my sister," she whispered to where she assumed his ear might be.

"I will Luna," he answered with and equally quiet voice. Once Luna stepped back, Optimus drove away, Celestia waving at the group of children as they left.