• Published 15th Sep 2015
  • 6,272 Views, 75 Comments

Transformers Prime: A Brave New World - The Carolean



After the Decepticons discover energon on a distant planet, Optimus Prime and the Autobots arrive in Ponyville, quickly attracting the crown's attention. Now it is up to Prime and the princesses to protect Equestria from the Decepticons.

  • ...
6
 75
 6,272

Chaptes 22

Celestia and Luna took mirroring battle stances, pointing their horns down toads their adversary. Megatron charged them again, but the sisters were too fast, putting up a shield before he reached them. The Decepticon crashed into the barrier full force, only to bounce off it as though he were a child on a trampoline. He shuffled backwards, forced off balance by his own force. With an opening, Celestia charged forward, while her sister held back to cover her. The older sister encased her horn in magic, before driving it into the Decepticon’s chest. His armor was too thick to pierce, though it did leave a dent in the silver metal. The thickness of his armor surprised the princess, but she knew it would be a mistake to give Megatron an opening. Instead, she reared up, kicking the warlord with her front hoof, before using her wings to flip backwards, kicking him again with a rear hoof on her way back. Luna plucked her sister out of the air, using her magic to quickly pull the older alicorn to her side.

Megatron quickly recover from Celestia’s blows, his eyes seemingly burning as he scowled at the two. He charged them again, this time letting his sword-arm trail behind him. Rather than putting up a shield, Celestia turned her feathers to metal, rearing up and locking her make-shift weapon with Megatron’s sword. The two pieces of metal sent sparks raining down on Luna, who’d pointed her horn through her sister’s lower legs. Her magic went out in two directions, encircling the Cybertronian’s legs until the two met behind him. She abruptly, pulling the warlord’s legs together. As his legs met, Celestia fired a magic bolt into his chest, knocking him backwards. Once he was on his back, Celestia fell upon him. She pinned his shoulders down with her forehooves, before slashing the right side of his chest.

Before she could do much damaged, Megatron grabbed her by her torso and casting her aside. He smile as the princess skidded across the deck of the Nemesis, until Luna gave him the same treatment.

Luna rushed to her sister’s side, helping her up as she recovered from Megatron’s blow. “Are you alright?” she asked.

Celestia wobbled briefly, before jolting to attention. “I’m fine. Come on, let’s finish this,” Celestia answered.

The two sisters leapt into the air, hovering as they touched their horns together. “Megatron,” Luna bellowed, using the Royal Canterlot Voice. “You have committed crimes against your planet, your race, Equestria, and your brother.”

“For that,” Celestia continued. “we imprison you for a thousand years.” A rainbow shot out of their horns, darting towards the warlord.

Then, he did something no other being had ever done. He dodged the rainbow. The blast struck the Nemesis’ deck, dissipating harmlessly, it's target gone. Without warning, he leapt into the air, grabbing Luna by the horn and plucking her from the sky.

“Luna!” Celestia screamed in terror. She whirled around, but she was too late. Megatron cruelly crushed the younger alicorn’s horn, causing her to release an agony filled howl of pain, before throwing her off the warship.

Celestia rushed to the side of the Nemesis, looking down over the side. She attempted to catch her, but in her haste, she neglected Megatron. The Decepticon effortlessly snuck up behind her, before slamming her face into his ship. He grabbed her by a wing, which had extended out of shock, crushing it as he lifted her. A small stream of dark energy trickled down Celestia’s wing as her metal feathers cut into his hand.

He held her up to him, looking her in the eyes as blood ran down the front of her snout. He smiled, his jagged, sharkish teeth gleaming in the sun. He carried over to the opposing deck, holding her over the streets of Canterlot. She struggled against him, causing the Decepticon to clutch her wing tighter. A yelp of pain escaped the princess’ lips as blood trickled out down the vice of his hand, mixing with the dark energon already painting her body.

“Now, princess, you die,” Megatron told her.

---------------

Optimus sped down the streets of Cantertlot. The speed he was going at a dangerous speed, but he didn’t care. He finally reached the spot where Luna fell to find Twilight, Smokescreen, and Ratchet in a huddle. Upon seeing Prime, Ratchet and Smokescreen parted, revealing Luna, who was battered, but breathing. He changed forms, kneeling next to the crippled princess.

Luna, are you alright?” he asked.

She looked up at him, her eyes full of pain, but still determined. A trail of blood ran from her now broken horn to the back of her chin, turning her navy blue fir purple. “Y-yes,” she stuttered in a vain attempt to mask the pain she was in.

Prime looked to Ratchet, who nodded, already knowing his question. “Twilight caught her. Her only injuries are her shattered horn and a few bruises. I gave her some of the pain suppressants we kept from Earth,” the doctor explained.

Suddenly, Luna lifted a hoof to Optimus, resting it on his shoulder. “Optimus, my s-sister is still on the Nemesis-ah-haaa. Hurry, please!” The alicorn lifted her other forehoof to her head, wincing in pain.

Prime removed her hoof, gently guiding it back to the ground. He rose, turning to the younger alicorn. “Twilight, I need a ramp,” he told her. She nodded nervously, before rushing to the corner of the building.

She took a deep breath as her horn ignited. She reached out with her magic, allowing it to seep into the streets, before tearing them up, creating a purple glowing incline pointed straight at the Nemesis. Before Twilight even realized head changed forms, Prime sped past her, dragging her mane and tail after him. He launched off the end of the ramp, flying towards the Nemesis.

---------------

“Now, princess, you die,” Megatron told her. He released the pony, grinning with immeasurable malevolence as she flailed her hooves wildly, desperately searching for something to grab onto. As she fell, Celestia thought about her sister and Twilight. She knew Prime would take care of them.

Just as she accepted death, a black hand grabbed her forehoof. Suddenly, another hand grabbed her other forehoof, much to her surprise. She looked up at the pair of hands, discovering they were connected to a pair of red arms, which were in turn connected to a pair of red shoulders. Once she reached her savior’s shoulders, she found the framing a familiar face.

“Hold on Celestia, I have you,” Optimus told the princess as he pulled her back onto the Nemesis. She curled her hooves around his arms, using her back hooves to climb up the Nemesis. Once half of her body was over the side, he reached an arm out and grabbed her flank, hoisting her onto the ship. “You’re safe now. How badly are you-”

Optimus found himself quickly and without warning engulfed by a large white wing as a pony head rested next to his. “Thank you,” she told him.

“Graugh.” Megatron groaned as he recovered from the impact of Optimus’ grill. Optimus gently pushed Celestia away, before turning to face his brother.

“Stay here,” Prime ordered. He drew his sword, the blade protruding from his wrist as his hand curled into his arm.

He charged Megatron before Megatron could fully recover, sliding on his battle-mask as he ran. He swung his blade at the Decepticon, but he was quick enough to lock blades with Prime.

“Is something wrong Prime? I didn’t hear any pretentious speeches,” Megatron observed.

Optimus threw his weight against his brother’s blade, before quickly dashing backwards, breaking the lock. “I have nothing left to say to you,” Prime told him. Without warning, he changed forms, before he plowed down Megatron, Having run his opponent over once, Optimus shifted into reverse, preparing to do it again. As he sped towards Megatron, the warlord righted himself, now with twin tire marks on either side of his body. He grabbed Prime’s back end, using his immense strength to lift the Autobot into the air. He slammed Optimus’ cap into the deck, shattering his left side window and headlight. He again raised the Prime, preparing to even out the damage, when the Autobot suddenly changed forms. Optimus delivered a stern kick to Megatron’s face, forcing his brother to release him, then drew his sword and slashed him across the chest.

Optimus and Megatron’s blades became blurs of blue and purple, periodically clashing with each other in a spectacular rain of sparks. As the two bots fought, Celestia silently cast a spell on her shattered wing, which encased it in hard crystal. She dashed under Optimus with a bit of speed, undeterred by the sparks raining down on her from the two ‘bots grinding their swords together. She slashed the side of Megatron’s knee, before teleporting onto Prime’s shoulder and firing a magic bolt at the warlord’s chest.

The bolt did little to the Decepticon, but staggered him, giving Optimus an opening. The Autobot surged forward, his sword slicing across Megatron’s chest in a silver and red blur. He raised his sword over his head, before bringing it down again. He slashed through Megatron’s shoulder plate, severing the two spikes on his left pad. Megatron swung his sword from the right, only to have Optimus spin around and block his blow. He threw a punch at Prime, but Celestia raised a shield, blocking his fist. The magical barrier cracked and buckled, but still held firm.

With both his adversaries arms occupied, Optimus kicked Megatron in the abdomen, knocking him back. Working in unison with her friend, Celestia fired another magic bolt. She was still unable to pierce his armor, but with his balance thrown off, her bolt propelled him backwards, his body grinding against the Nemesis.

The Decepticon righted himself, dazed, but aware enough to see Optimus and Celestia charging him. He quickly aimed his fusion cannon, losing a volley of energon bolts. As the lethal projectiles flew towards the pair, Celestia raised a shield. The barrier blocked each bolt, but severely drained the princess. She panted heavily as her hooves shook, struggling to keep a hold of Prime. Regardless, she allowed them to close the gap.

Optimus swung his blade, briefly clashing with Megatron’s sword as it ricocheted off the weapon. He followed the attack with a punch, which managed to knock out one of Megatron’s teeth, and another slash across his lower chest. “Restrain him” he ordered quickly. Celestia heeded his command, calling upon the last of her strength to forge two magical chains. The golden constructs wrapped around Megatron's wrists, then attached themselves to the deck of the Nemesis. With his opponent restrained, Optimus drew his sword back, prepared to deliver the fatal blow, when Megatron’s foot slammed into his chest. The speed of the blow surprised both Prime and Celestia, knocking the larger of the two off his balance. Celestia flew off of Prime’s back, slamming into the Nemesis’ deck a few yards behind him.

Within an instant, Megatron was on top of Optimus, holding his neck to the warship with one arm while he drew back the other. He trust his blade forward, but Optimus was too quick and grabbed his arm, stopping the sword inches from his face.

Megatron growled in frustration, exerting more force on his arm. Both brothers grunted as they pushed against each other, their eyes locked. As his blade touched Prime’s face, Megatron smiled with delight. His victory was so close. Without warning, he roughly drew his arm back, tearing it from Prime’s grasp. He pointed the blade down, aiming it at Optimus’ very spark.

Then, just as he readied to deliver the final blow, just as he prepared to end their centuries long war, something cut into his back. A cry of pain escaped his lips as what felt like several small blades cut into his back. He continued to howl as he felt himself lifted off of Prime and thrown onto the deck of his own ship. “No!” he screamed just before impact.

As he writhed on the metal, he looked up at his attacker, the one who had so cruelly robbed him of his victory: Starscream.