• Published 15th Sep 2015
  • 6,272 Views, 75 Comments

Transformers Prime: A Brave New World - The Carolean



After the Decepticons discover energon on a distant planet, Optimus Prime and the Autobots arrive in Ponyville, quickly attracting the crown's attention. Now it is up to Prime and the princesses to protect Equestria from the Decepticons.

  • ...
6
 75
 6,272

Chapter 19

Celestia spread out her legs, panting as huge beads of sweat ran down her body. Prime stood behind her, panting in unison with the princess. A few Megatrons lay dead around them, their bodies evaporating into bubbles, just as the others before them had done. Despite their weariness, both were ready to continue the fight.

They readied themselves, prepared to withstand another onslaught, and yet nothing came. They stood in place for a few moments more, then relaxed as they realized the stream of Megatrons, and Discord’s attention span, had both reached their end.

The draconequus lay in mid air, fast asleep. A light blue blanket with a star and moon pattern over him, contouring as though it was atop a nonexistent bed. Rather than exclusively his flesh, Discord wore a nightcap and nightshirt, both light blue like the blanket, though only the nightcap bore the star and moon pattern.

“Uhm, I think it might be time for Discord to turn in, if that’s okay with you,” Fluttershy said, causing Discord to crack a slight smile.

“I pant think that will be just pant fine,” Celestia told her, trying her hardest to give a reassuring smile. The end of Discord’s tail turned into a hand, snapping its fingers and transporting its master, Fluttershy, and their picnic supplies away.

“Yes, get some rest” Prime added.

Celestia fell to the ground, landing on her back. Optimus mirrored her action, causing her body to jump as he collided with the ground. She laughed, only now beginning to catch her breath. “Well, that was fun” she said.

“I...do not know if that is the way I would describe it,” Prime told her, eliciting another giggle.

It had become late in the evening, and the sun hung low on the horizon. The sky had turned a fiery red, which blended with a bright yellow, and finally, a deep blue. Celestia’s horn glowed gold, her powerful magic lowering the brilliant golden orb.

After the sun set, there was a long pause. Both the pony and the Autobot stared up at the sky, mesmerized by Luna’s wondrous stars. Each little light twinkled, each brilliant by their own right, but on the black backdrop of the night sky, they formed a wonderful tapestry.

"This I can say with certainty: you inhabit a beautiful planet Celestia."

As Prime spoke, an idea entered Celestia's head,“Optimus, I’m curious, what was Cybertron like?” Celestia asked.

Optimus sighed. “I cannot lie, Cybertron was beautiful before the war. Shimmering cities perched on the back of mercury lakes, towering statues of ancient heroes sat nestled between massive towers, and rivers of energon illuminated the roadways by night,” he explained, the sorrow in his voice almost palpable. “Sadly, all of that beauty disappeared during the war; the lakes were destroyed one way or another, the statues were obliterated in the skirmishes, and the rivers of energon were drained for the war effort.”

“That sounds terrible,” Celestia said.

“I cannot describe the agony of seeing our home the shell of its former self it became,” he told her.

“If your planet is so badly scarred, what exactly do you plan to do once you defeat Megatron?” the princess questioned.

“In truth, I do not know. If the Nemesis survives the battle, then we will try to find other Autobots, and bring them back here; that is, if you will have us,” Optimus explained.

“Of course,” she assured him without the slightest hesitation.

“If the Nemesis is too damaged, then I suppose we will have to stay here” Prime told her. “Of course, that implies we survive tomorrow,” he added.

“You think we’re going to die?” Celestia asked, frowning.

“I cannot deny the possibility. After all, Megatron has a significant numerical advantage, a battleship, and he Nemesis,” he pointed out.

“Well, I have to admit that is daunting, but we have one thing he doesn’t,” Celestia said. Optimus tilted his head toward her, raising an eyebrow as his eyes met her’s. “You,” she told him.

He sighed, turning his head back up. “I’m afraid I will not be of much use without the Matrix” he said.

“Why do you say that?” Celestia asked.

“The Matrix was the source of my wisdom” he paused, taking a moment to gather his thoughts. “Everything that made me the Leader of the Autobots was housed within it. Without it, I am nothing, only a glorified librarian parading around in warrior's armor.”

“Is that so?” Celestia asked. “Well, forgive me if I’m doubtful of that,”

Prime looked at her, confused. “What do you mean?” he questioned.

“I admit I don’t know what it’s like to have the Matrix,” she told him, her voice more serious than before, yet comforting all the same. “But I’ve come to know you over this past week, and I know you can overcome this.”

“I want to agree with you, but the silence...for centuries, I have been able to consult my predecessors, go to them for guidance in times of trouble such as this one.” Prime paused, placing his hands on his head. “Without them, I feel...alone.”

Prime’s words gave the princess pause. Only now did she understand how deeply her metal friend had been hurt. She realized she’d need to find just the right combination of words and gestures to help him. “You know, for being as old and as wise as you are, you can be very dense sometimes."

Optimus cocked an eyebrow. “Pardon?” he said.

“Listen to me: right now you're playing right into his hands” She paused, rolling over and placing a hoof on Prime’s chest. “You are a strong, wise, and courageous leader, Matrix or no Matrix. And that is something Megatron can never take from you.”

“But-”

Just as Prime began to speak, Celestia put a hoof over his mouth, hushing him. “Butts are for pork” she told him. Optimus’ eyes widened, then relaxed as his lips broadened into a smile. “Thank you, Celestia,” he said, his voice back to its normal tone. Celestia smiled, looking into his blue eyes, so different, and yet with a sense of familiarity within them.

“You know, I could get used to this,” Celestia said, breaking the tranquility.

“I have to agree with you,” Prime told her.

Before long, the night air began to take its tole on the alicorn. Despite her best efforts, she began to shiver in the cold. “Are you cold?” Prime questioned.

“A little bit, but I’ll be f-fine,” she told him. Suddenly, Optimus reached over to the princess. She gasped as she felt herself onto his metal chest. He laid her arms over her, enveloping her in his warmth.

“Are you comfortable now?” Prime asked. The princess sighed blissfully, before nestling into his chest.

“Yes,” she happily answered.

“I am glad to hear it,” Prime said. Then the two laid back, looking up at the night sky for some amount of time; hours maybe? Or maybe just minutes? They lost themselves in the stars once again as the rest of Equestria disappeared.

“You know Optimus,” Celestia paused, yawning mid sentence. “your eyes remind me of Luna’s,” she told him. The princess felt her eyes grow heavy, mostly due to the warmth her metal friend had so kindly provided. Before long, she dozed off, blissfully asleep in Prime’s arms.