• Published 12th Sep 2015
  • 1,837 Views, 12 Comments

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls- Aria's Destiny - TheFriendshipKingdom



What would happen if Aria Blaze WAS Starlight Glimmer? What if she returned to Equestria and made everypony equal? Well then this story will answer your question! Watch as the Mane 7, Adagio Dazzle, and Sonata Dusk come together to bring back Aria!

  • ...
8
 12
 1,837

Chapter 3: The Alternate Cutie Map Part 1

Back at Princess Twilight Sparkle’s castle, the pony Mane 5 were sitting on their thrones, waiting for Twilight to come back ever since she left yesterday to the human world to help defeat the sirens.

Then, they finally saw Twilight and Spike come out of the mirror, but instead with Sunset Shimmer, Adagio Dazzle, and Sonata Dusk. The two pony sirens and Sunset Shimmer were wondering where they are since they weren’t there when Tirek was defeated by the Mane 6, who were wondering why Sunset Shimmer came back, and who were Sonata and Adagio.

“Twilight’s back!” said Pinkie Pie jumping up and down on her throne with excitement.

“That’s great! But why is she here?” said Rainbow Dash pointing at Sunset Shimmer.

“Yeah, and who are those two?” questioned Applejack pointing at Sonata and Adagio.

Twilight decided to explain about why Sunset Shimmer, Adagio, and Sonata was with her.

“Don’t worry girls, Sunset Shimmer has learned from her past. She even helped us defeat the sirens.” Twilight explained.

“Yeah, and I’m sorry for stealing your crown, Twilight.” said Sunset Shimmer disappointed.

“It’s alright.” Twilight smiled as she hugged Sunset Shimmer.

“That explains why she’s here.” said Rarity, “But who are the other two?” She was obviously questioning about Adagio and Sonata.

“These are two of the sirens: Adagio Dazzle, and Sonata Dusk.” said Twilight introducing her friends to the two pony sirens, “Don’t worry, they learned from their past also. So they won’t cause any harm.”

“Oh, well it’s nice to meet you.” Fluttershy greeted to them.

“You too.” said Sonata giggling with joy.

“So what brings you three here to Equestria?” Applejack asked.

Adagio was ready to explain about why they returned.

“You see, one of the sirens, Aria Blaze, went through the portal back to Equestria.” Adagio explained.

The Mane 5 gasped in shock, just like their counterparts did back in the human world when Adagio told them where Aria was left alone.

“She came back?!” said a surprised Pinkie Pie.

“I think so, she wanted to be alone for a bit next to where the portal was, and when I came back to check on her, she was gone.” said Adagio.

“That means she’s somewhere here in Equestria.” said Rainbow Dash.

“Wait, aren’t you two suppose to be sirens?” Pinkie Pie asked curiously.

“We were defeated, and our pendants broke, and we're no longer sirens, just pony-sirens. So now we can’t sing anymore.” said Sonata who felt disappointed.
“Oh yeah, that’s right.” said Pinkie Pie.

“So what are we gonna do?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“I’m not sure, we have to think of a way to find Aria before something bad happens to her.” Twilight answered as she jumped on her throne.

Suddenly, everypony’s cutie mark began to glow, causing lights from the thrones and Sunset Shimmer along with Sonata and Adagio to shine upon the star-shaped platform in the center of the room. The castle suddenly comes alive to construct an elaborate holographic map of Equestria. Everypony was amazed of the huge map, even Spike who was walking around it.

“This is incredible, it’s got all of Equestria!” said Spike with amazement.

Pinkie Pie looked at the rock farm where she use to live with her family, she was happy to see it.

“Hi mom and dad!” said Pinkie Pie to the little rock farm on the map, until Spike steps on it, which disappointed Pinkie Pie.

Twilight then realized that her cutie mark was glowing, including everypony else, Pinkie Pie and Sonata giggled.

“What’s going on with our cutie marks?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

Then, floating images of the ponies' cutie marks including another cutie mark that was unknown who it’s from pointed toward a location far off from Ponyville. Twilight used her magic to levitate Spike away from the map.

“But, if this is Ponyville. Why are our cutie marks over there?” Fluttershy wondered pointing at the location the cutie marks were at.

“Yeah, and who’s cutie mark is that?” said Sonata pointing at the other cutie mark who belongs to somepony.

Suddenly, the Mane 9 (I thought of the idea) heard a knock on the front door. Twilight got down from her throne to find out who it is.

“I’ll be right back girls, there’s someone at the door.” said Twilight as she walked down the hallway to the front door. She opened the door with her magic and saw a unicorn named Aurora Moonlight.

“Hello, are you Princess Twilight Sparkle?” Aurora asked.

“Yup, that’s me.” Twilight nodded with a smile, “So what brings you here?”

“You see, while I was taking a walk around Ponyville, I realized that my cutie mark was glowing, and it lead me here to your castle.” Aurora explained showing Twilight her cutie mark. Twilight got surprised that the unicorn’s cutie mark was the same exact one as the little image of it on the map.

“Your cutie mark.” said Twilight, “It looks just like the one that was on the map!”

“What map?” Aurora asked curiously.

While leading her to the throne room, Twilight explained to the pony of how the map appeared and that little images of their cutie marks went to a location on the map. When they finally arrived, the girls were curious on why there was another pony in the castle.

“Um, who is she?” Adagio asked.

“Is she the one who has the unknown cutie mark?” said Sonata Dusk.

“Um, yes.” Aurora nodded, “My name is Aurora Moonlight.”

“It’s nice to meet you Aurora" said Twilight. "These are all of my friends: Sunset Shimmer, Adagio Dazzle, Sonata Dusk, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash.”

“Nice to meet ya, sugarcube.” Applejack greeted Aurora.

“You too.” Aurora said smiling. “So why are our cutie marks over there?” she said pointing at the location the cutie marks were at just like Fluttershy did before.

“I don’t know, but it seems like the map wants us to find out.” said Twilight. “The tree, the chest, this castle. And now the map.”

“Maybe it leads us to where Aria is.” said Adagio.

“Aria?” Aurora asked wondering, she met Aria who claimed she was “Starlight Glimmer”, but didn’t know her real name was actually Aria Blaze.

“Aria Blaze, she’s a member of me and Adagio’s former band. The Dazzlings.” Sonata answered.

“The Dazzlings?” Aurora questioned, she wasn’t there at the Battle of The Bands because it took place in the human world.

“Yeah, we use to be sirens here in Equestria. We used our eerie songs to turn ponies against one another and fed on the negative energy from their hatred and distrust, which made us powerful enough to control minds. But before we could conquer Equestria with our magic, Star Swirl the Bearded banished us to that mirror which is a gate-way to another world.” said Adagio pointing at the Crystal Mirror, “But then in the other world, Twilight, Sunset Shimmer, and their friends from that world defeated us. Sunset Shimmer joins Twilight and her friends, and their combined magic creates a rainbow shockwave that weakens us and severs our spell over everyone. The magic of friendship builds inside Sunset, which got her to pony up. All the students then join in. Then, the magic coalescing in the sky takes the form of a giant alicorn that destroyed our astral projections as well as our gem pendants. And with our power sources destroyed, we’re now unable to even sing and re-cast our spell. But don’t worry, we’ve learned from our past.”

“Wow, interesting.” Aurora replied.

“Yup!” Sonata giggled.

“Y'know what? said Rainbow Dash as she flied above the map to look at it. “There's a ton of room for dangerous adventure along that route. Count me in!”

“Aw, shoot, I reckon you're right.” said Applejack

“Well, I was planning on organizing my baking sheets, but okay!” said Pinkie Pie with joy.

“Very well.” Rarity sighed.

Pinkie Pie and Rarity walk up to Fluttershy to find out if she wants to come, Rainbow Dash flew to her for the same reason. She was too nervous to go.

“Um, maybe I'll just stay here with Spike.” she said nervously.

“Really?” said Adagio with an annoyed expression.

“Awesome!” said Spike cheerfully, “Me and Big Mac have a huge weekend ahead of us talkin' hoofball, and... and trading hoofball cards, and arguing about hoofball stats...”

Fluttershy decided to go anyway since she didn’t want to be involved in Spike and Big Mac’s weekend of hoofball.

“O-o-on second thought, m-m-maybe I'd better go with them. In case they need me.” Fluttershy replied.

“Looks like it’s time for a road trip.” said Twilight as she walked up to Fluttershy.

“ROAD TRIP!” shouted both Pinkie Pie and Sonata at the same time with excitement and joy. Everypony was about to leave the castle to go find the location of the map.

“Well, suit yourself. But he's got a Hock Fetlock rookie card I plan to sweet-talk right into these hot little claws.” Spike said smirking.


The girls were on their way to the location on the Friendship Express. When they arrived, they walked out of the train, and it drove off. Twilight was reading the map, she lead the girls to the location by following the map. Finally, they stopped at a village.

“That's it! That's the place on the map!” said Twilight with happiness.

“Right. let's get down there and find the spa.” said Rarity about to walk into the village. She was a bit exhausted and wanted to relax, but now’s not the time.

“I’m with you, Rarity.” said Adagio following Rarity, but before they started walking, Twilight uses her magic to teleport in front of Rarity and Adagio to stop them from going.

“Wait. We don't know why the map sent us here.” she said.

“Yeah, we shouldn't just walk right in. It could be dangerous.” said Sunset Shimmer.

“Yes!” said Rainbow Dash with excitement, she wanted some danger so that she and the ponies would leap into action. Pinkie Pie then zooms to them fast, and then stands in front of them with her hooves out.

“Stay behind me, everypony! I'm on it!” said Pinkie Pie.

“Me too!” said Sonata running up to Pinkie Pie. The two of them begin to step out of the cliff into the village.

“Careful, you too!” Applejack warned with fear.

Pinkie Pie and Sonata then rolled down the hill, and started leading the girls. Arriving at the village filled with creepy smiling ponies.

“This is where the map sent us? It looks like the most boring place in Equestria.” said Rainbow Dash, she wasn’t that amused of the village.

“It's just an ordinary village full of ordinary pony folk.” said Applejack.

“Yeah.” said Aurora.

“It could certainly use a few more architectural flourishes.” said Rarity, “Or any architectural flourishes.” She wasn’t that amused of the village either.

“I think it's lovely.” said Fluttershy smiling.

“I think so too.” said Aurora who also smiled.

“I don't like it. I don't like it one bit.” said Pinkie Pie, she definitely wasn’t amused at all because of how the ponies were smiling widely.

“I know smiles. And those smiles? They're just not right.” she said suspiciously.

“Yeah, they look creepy.” said Sonata, she wasn’t amused either.

“Forget the smiles. Look at the cutie marks.” said Twilight as she pointed out the ponies’ cutie marks, they were all equal signs. Ponies were everywhere with creepy smiles, and the same cutie mark.

“Woah.” said Adagio surprisingly.

“Okay, that's weird.” said Rainbow Dash who was a little creeped out.

“I’ll say.” Adagio replied.

“I don’t get it. An entire village with the same cutie mark?” said Twilight who was puzzled.

“How can that be?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“I bet there's some sort of horrific monster behind it.” said Rainbow Dash suspiciously.

“What makes you say that?” Sunset Shimmer wondered.

“'Cause fighting a horrific monster would be super-awesome!” said Rainbow Dash joyfully.

“Ugh! Give me a break!” said Adagio rolling her eyes.

“I reckon we just ought to head into town and talk to some locals, find out what's goin' on.” Applejack suggested.

“Applejack’s right.” said Sunset Shimmer.

“Great idea, AJ. Let's go!” said Rainbow Dash as she zoomed to the village, the rest of the Mane 10 follow her. Pinkie Pie and Sonata weren’t happy about the villagers’ smiles.

“Those smiles are bad news. “ said Pinkie Pie with a glare.

“I’ll say!” said Sonata who also glared as she and Pinkie followed the girls into the village.


When they were walking down the village, creepy smiling ponies were looking at them. Greeting them.

“Welcome!” said a male pony.

“Welcome!” said a female pony.

“Welcome!” said another male pony.

“Welcome!” said another female pony.

“Okay, this is creepy.” said Adagio who was a little frightened.

“Welcome!” said another male pony.

“Welcome!” said another female pony.

“Welcome!” said the pony’s four little fillies.

“This must be the most pleasant place in Equestria!” said Fluttershy who seemed happy about the friendly (but creepy) ponies along with Aurora.

“I think I’m gonna like it here.” Aurora smiled.

“Welcome.” said a pegasus named Night Glider who flew up to Fluttershy and Aurora, they both giggled.

“Ugh. Thanks a lot, map.” said Rainbow Dash in disgust.

“Welcome!” said another male pony whose name is Party Favor, “Pardon my forwardness, but are you an Alicorn?” He was impressed to see an Alicorn like Twilight. Twilight grinned timidly.

“That there's the Princess of Friendship!” said Applejack introducing Twilight to Party Favor.

“Well, you've certainly come to the right place for friendship.” said Party Favor. A white male pony named Double Diamond walked up to them.

“What brings you to town?” he asked with a smile.

“We're not entirely sure.” said Twilight.

“Yeah, some map lead us here.” said Sunset Shimmer.

“I see. Well, all are welcome here in our little village.” said Double Diamond, he introduced himself and Party Favor. “My name is Double Diamond, and this is Party Favor.”

“Howdy, Double Diamond.” greeted Applejack who was about to introduce her and the Mane 10 to the two colts. “I'm Applejack, and this here's Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Adagio Dazzle, Sonata Dusk, Aurora Moonlight, Sunset Shimmer, and Twilight Sparkle.” Twilight grinned again.

“And you all have your own unique cutie marks.” said Double Diamond who looked at Twilight and Pinkie Pie’s cutie marks, Pinkie Pie covered hers up with her poofy tail.

“If you don't mind, has there been any sort of... trouble here, lately?” Twilight asked who was curious about the ponies’ cutie marks along with the other Mane 10.

“Trouble? Why, I don't think we've ever had trouble in our little village.” explained Double Diamond.

“It's true. You'll see. Hm.” said Party Favor.

“Perhaps you'd care to speak to our founder Starlight Glimmer.” said Double Diamond.

Suddenly, Aurora felt surprised that Starlight Glimmer (who is actually Aria Blaze) is the founder of this village!

“I know Starlight Glimmer, I’ve met her before!” she announced with a surprised expression.

“You’ve met Starlight Glimmer?” asked Sunset Shimmer.

“Yeah, she wanted me to help her with a spell.” explained Aurora.

The other Mane 10 were curious about who this Starlight Glimmer pony is.

“I wish everypony in Equestria was as friendly as these ponies are.” said Fluttershy who was happy to be in the village.

“Me too.” said Aurora who was also happy.

“We’ve got our eyes on them.” said a suspicious Pinkie Pie.

“Yeah! Something's rotten in... whatever the name of this village is that we're in right now!” said Sonata who was also suspicious.


Double Diamond and Party Favor both knocked on a door, probably Starlight’s house or office.

“Starlight, we have some new visitors.” said Double Diamond leading the Mane 10 into the room.

They then walked into the room, and was about to wait for Starlight Glimmer to come.

“Be ready to fight. We don't know what's gonna come through that door.” Rainbow Dash said to Applejack, she was getting a bit curious about what’s gonna come through the door.

Then, came Starlight Glimmer (who is actually Aria Blaze). She smiled.

“Welcome! I’m so pleased to have you here!” she said. Suddenly her eyes got wide when she spotted Adagio, Sonata, and Aurora.

“Why are they here? Did they realize that I left? I hope they don’t notice me!” she thought.

“Hi Starlight!” said Aurora walking up to Starlight Glimmer.

“Oh...um…hi, Aurora.” Starlight Glimmer said nervously, she didn’t know why Aurora was here either, even the “Rainbooms” were here.

“This is Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Adagio Dazzle, Sonata Dusk, Sunset Shimmer, and Twilight Sparkle.” said Double Diamond introducing the Mane 10 to her. Twilight smiled again. Aria already knew Aurora, Sunset Shimmer, and her two bandmates, Adagio and Sonata.

Aria looked at Twilight strangely, since she didn’t realize that she was an Alicorn.

“Forgive my bluntness, but I'm assuming it's Princess Twilight Sparkle? she said to Twilight. “We don't get many Alicorns around here.”

“Yes, but "Twilight" is fine.” Twilight replied.

“So! How did you hear of our little village?” asked Starlight Glimmer smiling.

“It's kind of a long story.” Sunset Shimmer answered.

“Yeah, let's just say we found it on a map.” said Adagio.

“Technically, it's a Tree-chest-castle-map!” said Pinkie Pie happily as she and Sonata popped up.

“A magical Tree-chest-castle-map!” said Sonata. The two ponies stood back, glaring.

“Well, however you found us, we're happy to have you!” said Starlight Glimmer. “We're happy to have anypony who wants to experience true friendship for the first time.”

“Say what?” said a curious Applejack.

“True friendship?” asked Aurora.

“Oh, indeed. That's what's so unique about our village, you see. Around here, we don't flaunt our special talents because we don't have any special talents to flaunt.” explained Starlight.

“Is that why you all have those cutie marks?” asked Twilight pointing at Starlight’s “cutie mark”.

“Perhaps it would be easier to understand if I gave you a tour of the village!” she said grinning.

The music begins and Starlight comes out of the house and gets ready for the musical number.

“Heads high, ponies! Marching proud! All together now! Every one of you! No pony left behind!” she said with joy, then she begins to sing.


Life is so grand in Our Town
We're always filled with cheer
We never have to look around
To know that we're all here

[Citizens]
In Our Town, in Our Town
We don't have to wait
To find out that our destiny
Is just to emulate

Starlight Glimmer: Let's see those big, happy smiles!
Life is a smile in Our Town
Our cutie marks the same
Because we do not separate
Ourselves by more than name

[Citizens]
In Our Town, in Our Town
We dare not compete
Winning only breeds the worst
Ego-filled conceit

Starlight Glimmer: You see? Now everypony wins!
Life is a joy in Our Town
We're all equal here
No one is superior
And no one shakes in fear

[Citizens]
In Our Town, in Our Town
We work as a team
You can't have a nightmare
If you never dream

[Starlight Glimmer]
Other ponies argue
Do you ever wonder why?
When you think your talent's special
You don't see eye-to-eye
There's just too many differences
That lead to disarray
But when you learn to act as one
It's like a holiday

[Citizens]
In Our Town, in Our Town
We don't complicate
When you learn to simplify
Life is oh, so great
Join in our utopia
Come out of the dark
Banded by equality
By our cutie mark!


Once the song ended, Rainbow Dash laughed. She and the gang wouldn’t want to give up their cutie marks.

“You're kidding, right? Give up our cutie marks? No way!” she said.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t even want to give up mine!” Adagio chuckled.

“Rainbow Dash, Adagio, don't be so rude! I don't think we should judge them.” said Fluttershy with an unhappy look as she walked up to them along with Aurora.

“Yeah, they all seem perfectly happy with their choice.” Aurora suggested. The two ponies liked the village because it was kind hearted, Pinkie Pie and Sonata hated it because of the creepy smiles.

“Yeah, that isn’t right!” Adagio said angrily to the pegasus and unicorn.

“Don't believe their smiles, girls.” said Pinkie Pie giving her a look along with Sonata.

The Mane 10 were still confused on why they have the same cutie mark.

“I'm sorry, I guess we're just a little confused by all of this.” said Twilight walking up to Starlight.

“We have no judgements here in our village.” said Starlight with a smile, “Each of us was confused once as well, blinded by the false promise of our cutie marks.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Is she for real?” said Rainbow Dash, Twilight gave her a look.

“When we were sent to this village, we assumed it was to help in some way.” she said.

“Yeah, but, well, it doesn't seem like you need any help.” said Sunset Shimmer.

“Have you considered perhaps that you might have been sent here so we could help you?” said Starlight.

“After all, nopony has ever come to our village and wanted to leave. Why should you be any different? But that is entirely your choice. Please enjoy our little corner of Equestria. We're all quite fond of it. No doubt you will be as well. Double Diamond, please help our guests with whatever they might need.”

Double Diamond walked up to the Mane 10 with the creepy smile.

“Of course.” he replied to Starlight. The Mane 10 were curious about what’s about to happen.

“Well, this will certainly provide a boost to our little community. When the rest of Equestria sees that a princess gave up her cutie mark to join us, they'll finally understand what we're trying to accomplish.” she said with a smirk on her face. “What I’m trying to accomplish.” She whispered.


While they were following Starlight Glimmer, more creepy ponies were greeting them.

“Welcome!” said a male pony.

“Welcome!” said a female pony.

“Welcome!” said another male pony.

“Okay, this is creeping me out.” said Adagio who felt frightened by the ponies.

Fluttershy gave her a look, she thought she was being rude, in her opinion.

“What?” she said with an annoyed tone. “I’m not being rude or anything, they’re staring at us and they’re all equal! Gosh, you’re so naive, Fluttershy!” Adagio rolled her eyes.

“Well you should at least be nice to them!” said Fluttershy, Adagio started to get very annoyed.

“Ugh! Do you mind?! We all know there’s something not right with this village, and you don’t even notice it?!” she scolded Fluttershy.

“Now you’re even worse than Rainbow Dash!” Fluttershy starting to yell. Rainbow Dash heard the argument and how she was mentioned.

"Don't drag me into this!" she complained as she flew up to them.

"This is none of your business, Rainbow Dash!" Fluttershy scolded angrily at the rainbow pegasus, which made Adagio even matter.

"Don't talk to her like that!" she snapped at her.

"Hey, you two are being so rude to these villagers! Why did we ever bring you here in the first place?" Fluttershy snapped, Adagio was getting tired of how Fluttershy was acting.

"Oh shut up!" she responded angrily, "These villagers are creepy! The smiles! The cutie marks! Everything! It isn't normal!" Rainbow Dash backed away since she didn't want to be involved in the argument.

"Actually, YOU should've stayed behind!" Fluttershy started to yell, "Because you're so disrespectful and rude! You've never changed, you just came here just so you can start being rude!" This made Adagio even MORE madder, even madder than ever. She finally snapped, BIG time.

"So you think I never changed?!" Adagio yelled, "WELL YOU HAVEN'T CHANGED AT ALL!!!"

Flutershy and Adagio continued to fight, until Sunset ended it all.

“Girls! Now’s not the time for fighting!” she said ending the argument. “We just have to find out why were here so that we can help, and maybe they’ll help us find Aria.” So the ponies continued walking, Fluttershy and Adagio glared at each other, and looked away.

“Turns out YOU'RE the worst!” Fluttershy said to Adagio, she growled with anger.

“Enough with the fighting, and on with the REAL issue!” said Sunset Shimmer giving them a look.

“A cutie mark is a representation of a pony's unique” talents and skills. How is it possible to—” Before Twilight could finish, Rarity gasped with shock when she spotted some ragged cloaks for sale.

“What in the name of Equestria is that?!” she said in shock.

“Welcome!” said the shopkeeper, “Care to sample some local fashion? We've got cloaks this month!” Rarity began to gag with disgust, she definitely didn’t like the cloaks.

“Wha— Ooh, er, perhaps another time, good sir, thank you.” She said as she and the girls walk to a bench.

“No wonder nopony's wearing anything!” she whispered to Applejack.

“Really, girls! They may do things a bit differently than we're used to, but that's no reason to be rude.” said Fluttershy angrily, she was very annoyed that the girls were being rude in her opinion.

“How about we can all stop being rude.” Adagio said to Fluttershy, “If you just SHUT UP FOR ONCE!” Fluttershy and Adagio glared at each other.

“Need something?” asked Double Diamond on the other side.

“Actually, yes.” said Adagio, “We need someone to tell this naive pony to stop being so…NAIVE!” She glared at Fluttershy.

“You haven’t changed at all, you don’t ever mind your manners!” Fluttershy scolded.

“Well you haven’t changed either, because you’re too stupid to not notice anything and think that we all have to be nice about it with a bunch of magical pathetic butterflies and bunnies everywhere!” Adagio yelled back at her.

“Uh, no! We're good! You’ll have to excuse those two.” said Twilight who gave the two ponies a look. “Fluttershy's right. If we're going to get to the bottom of why the map sent us here, we'll need the help of these ponies.”

“Told you so!” Fluttershy said to Adagio with a firm look, Adagio groaned and rolled her eyes.

“I think we ran off to the end of Equestria before we even knew what that map was!” said Applejack who was very annoyed.

“If we were at the end of Equestria, we'd be sitting on a big 'A'! Get it?” Pinkie Pie giggled while joking around.

“Hehe, big ‘A’!” Sonata giggled, she enjoyed the joke.

“Oh, please, Miss Pie! This is hardly the time for jokes! We've come all this way and for what?” said an annoyed Rarity.

“Maybe you're right. But we're here now.” said Twilight.

“And it sure feels like something's wrong.” said Aurora.

“That and two bits'll get you a cup of cider.” said Applejack.

“Is this a bad time?” asked the pony who appears to be a baker named Sugar Belle.

“We shouldn't be bickering like this in front of our new friends.” said Fluttershy, “Really, Applejack, you're almost as bad as Adagio!”

“Well you’re almost as bad as your own self!” Adagio angrily scolded Fluttershy with a glare.

“Says the siren who was being the most rude and disrespectful one on this trip!” Fluttershy yelled back.

“Oh shut up, you pathetic little goody two-shoes!” yelled Adagio.

“Is your friendship ending?” said Sugar Belle who walked up to the arguing pesagus and siren.

“Are you crazy?!” said Pinkie Pie with joy, “We'd never let a disagreement get in the way of food!”

“Yay, I’m so hungry I could eat the whole table!” said Sonata exaggerating as the others looked at her funny, “Well, not literally.”

“O-kay, well, my name is Sugar Belle.” Sugar Belle introduced herself to the Mane 10, “What can I bring you? We have: muffins...” Pretty much that was the only thing on the menu, muffins.

The Mane 10 looked at her funny, then at each other. Why was there only muffins on the menu?

“Then I guess we'll take ten muffins.” said Sunset Shimmer.

“Make that 20!” said Sonata.

“Yes, 20!” said Pinkie Pie with happiness. The others looked at them funny.

“What? We’re hungry!” Sonata whined.

“Come on, girls. We've got to stick together. It doesn't matter what happened before, we're here now.” said Twilight.

“I guess you're right. And the sooner we figure out why, the sooner we can find Aria, and go home.” said Applejack.

“Aria! I forgot about her!” Adagio remembered in shock, she forgot that Aria was somewhere here in Equestria.

“Don’t worry Adagio, maybe she’s somewhere here in the village.” said Fluttershy smiling at Adagio, “And I’m sorry about the argument.”

“No, I should be sorry. You’re right, sometimes we just have to show a little kindness, even if those types of ponies or creatures are strange.” said Adagio as she hugged Fluttershy.

“So what does Aria look like?” Applejack asked.

“Well, she has a purple and light teal mane and tail.” Sonata explained Aria features, “And her coat is lavender.”

The ponies got surprised about hearing about Aria’s features, they were similar to Starlight Glimmer’s!

“Wait a minute, something came to me when we first saw Starlight Glimmer.” said Adagio suspiciously, she’s wondering about Starlight and Aria’s similarities.

“Aurora.” she called Aurora’s name, “Why did Starlight Glimmer want you do to a spell on her?”

Aurora tried to remember why “Starlight” wanted the spell.

“I think it was to ‘hide from her arch enemy’ or something.” she answered.

“What did she look like before the spell?” Adagio asked.

“I’m not sure, she had a cloak on. But I think her hairstyle was different, she had long bangs on each side or something.” said Aurora trying to explain how she saw “Starlight Glimmer” before the spell.

Suddenly, it came to her. Starlight Glimmer is Aria Blaze!

“That’s Aria!” Adagio gasped, she was so shocked of the fact that Aria came to the village to make everypony equal. Why?

The other Mane 10 gasped in shock as well, they couldn’t believe that Aria took away the ponies' cutie marks.

“Wait a minute!” said Aurora surprisingly. “She didn’t want me to do the spell just so she can hide from her ‘enemy’, she wanted me to do it so she can disguise herself so she won’t be notices, and then come here to this village and make everypony have the same cutie mark!”

“I don’t understand. Why would she come back and do such a thing?” said a puzzled Sunset Shimmer.
Suddenly, Adagio remembered what happened before she and The Dazzlings were about to enter the cafeteria of Canterlot High to sing “Battle of The Bands” to the students. Aria wanted the girls to follow her lead, but Adagio wants her to follow her lead instead. It finally came to her, the reason why she left was because she felt unappreciated by Adagio and Sonata, and wanted to have attention and be a leader. And since she was defeated with The Magic of Friendship, she decided to think of her own way to spread friendship, which was a no good type of friendship.

“I think I know why.” Adagio sighed with disappointment, the other Mane 10 were listening to her about what she was about to say.

“Why did she leave?” asked Aurora.

“Because she felt unappreciated by me and Sonata, and she just wanted to have attention and to be a true leader. So maybe she came here and took over this place by making everypony equal, claiming it’s true friendship, which isn’t.” Adagio explained. Then, Sugar Belle brings in a pile of muffins on the table, they don’t look that good.

“Forgive me for overhearing, but just a moment ago you were disagreeing.” Sugar Belle mentioned. “And now it sounds like you’re…agreeing.”

“Uh-huh.” said Applejack who wasn’t that amused.

“Well, you had such differing opinions.” said Sugar Belle, “And cutie marks.”

“We have different opinions all the time, darling.” explained Rarity.

“Yeah, it’s not that much of a big deal.” said Sunset Shimmer.

“But you look like you’re friends.” said Sugar Belle.

“We are friends.” explained Twilight.

“Yeah, a simple disagreement wouldn’t change that.” said Sunset Shimmer, Double Diamond heard the conversation.

“I’m sorry, I’m just having a hard time understanding.” said Sugar Belle, “Different talents lead to different opinions, which lead to bitterness and misery. So...why aren’t you bitter…” Before she could finish Pinkie Pie and Sonata each ate a muffin, it tasted terrible and they spit them out of their mouths. The other Mane 10 gave them looks.

“Mmmm…good.” said Pinkie Pie pretending to like the muffins so that she wouldn’t hurt Sugar Belle’s feelings.

“I’m loving them.” said Sonata with fake joy.

“It’s all right.” said Sugar Belle, “ I know I’m not a very good baker, At least, I know I’m not any better than anypony else in the village.” She felt disappointed, Double Diamond then looked at her, worried.

“Well, I...hope you enjoy our little village!” said a stubborn Sugar Belle as she walked away. Pinkie Pie and Sonata were scrubbing muffins crumps off their tongues with their hooves. Sugar Belle then came back.

“Come inside before you go!” she whispered to the Mane 10, “Meet me downstairs!” She then gave Double Diamond a fake smile and went back into her house. The Mane 10 were curious about what just happened.

“Okay, that what weird too.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Let’s all sit here and eat these muffins and act normal.” said Twilight picking up one of the muffins with her magic. “I think we’re being watched.” Ponies were staring at them with their creepy smiles.

“You think?” said Rainbow Dash.

“No, not like that!” said Twilight.

“She means that somepony here doesn’t want us talking to Sugar Belle.” said Sunset jerking her head a little to the right, which was where Double Diamond was, eating a muffin.

The Mane 10 were trying to think of an idea on what to do, then, Applejack finally had one.

“I got an idea. But you gotta eat all of them muffins Pinkie Pie and Sonata.” Pinkie Pie and Sonata were surprised and upset that they have to eat all of the muffins.

“Us?!” said Pinkie Pie in shock.

“Why us?!” Sonata complained.

“You both got stronger stomachs than any of us, and those fillies in there might be our best chance at findin’ out what the hay is goin’ on round here.” Applejack answered. Pinkie Pie and Sonata were scared to eat the terrible muffins, but it’s the only way to find out what’s going on.


5 minutes later, they finished eating every single muffin, and they were full and felt very sick.

“I can’t believe you ate all our muffins, Pinkie Pie and Sonata!” Applejack stilted so that no one can notice they’re plan. “We’d better go inside and get some more!”

They then walk into the house and went downstairs to meet with Sugar Belle.

“Nice work, you too.” said Twilight as they walked down. Pinkie Pie and Sonata tumbled down the stairs since they gain weight.

“I’ve accidentally eaten cardboard tastier than that…” Pinkie Pie complained disappointedly.

"That's gotta suck..." Sonata responded.

“Hello? Sugar Belle?” said Twilight calling Sugar Belle’s name. Sugar Belle finally came, walking up to them, smiling. The Mane 10 were wondering why they were wanted to come down here with Sugar Belle.

“Why did you want us to come down here?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“So nopony could see what’s about to happen.” said Sugar Belle smirking. Then came Party Favor and Night Glider who had creepy smiles too. They were about to get closer and closer to the Mane 10. Before Twilight could do a spell to escape, Party Favor went up to her.

“Are you really the Princess of Friendship?” he asked.

“Do you know Princess Celestia?” asked Night Glider.

“I love your cutie marks!” said Sugar Belle looking at Adagio’s cutie mark, she was a bit frightened.

“How can you be friends with different cutie marks? Don’t you end up hating each other?” said Night Glider. Sugar Belle went to Fluttershy to look at her cutie mark.

“Oh, look at this one! This one’s great too! I’d love to have my special talent back even just for a day!” she said with joy, she then felted sad, “Make something besides those disgusting muffins…”

“So what’s stopping you? Go get your cutie marks back.” Rainbow Dash suggested to the unmarked ponies.

“Daydreaming is one thing.” said Party Favor, “But you mean actually having it put back on? That seems extreme.” Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes.

“I’m not sure Starlight would like that.” said Sugar Belle disappointedly, she was obviously talking about Aria. “She wants us all to be happy in our sameness.”

“How do you take somepony’s cutie mark anyway?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“The cutie unmarking is a beautiful experience! Starlight uses the Staff of Sameness to magically take them away and replace them with these.” said Night Glider showing them her equal sign cutie mark, along with Sugar Belle and Party Favor.

“But nopony should keep you from your cutie mark.” said Twilight.

“Yeah, it represents such an essential part of who you are.” said Aurora.

“Oh, we’re not kept from them.” said Night Glider, “They’re in the vault up in the caves. We can visit them any time we like to remind us of the heartaches of a life with special talents.”

The Mane 10 were curious about this “cave” they were talking about.

“Can we visit this cave?” said Twilight, so that they can find out the solution to this problem.


Later, Starlight Gimmer lead the Mane 10 to the cave where the “cutie mark vault” was.

“I’m delighted you’re interested in our cutie mark vault.” said Starlight, “We hope someday every pony in Equestia will make a pilgrimage here to our little village to have theirs removed too, and our message of...” While Starlight was talking, the Mane 10 finally realized why they were here.

“This must be the reason we’re here.” Twilight whispered.

“Pilgrimaging?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“No, helping those ponies get their cutie marks back from Aria.” explained Twilight.

“Oh, are you sure, Twilight?” said Fluttershy.

“Yeah, maybe they miss them a little, but even they didn’t seem all that unhappy.” said Aurora.

“Then why did they want to meet us in secret? And why did they ask us not to tell Starlight who told us about the vault?” said Adagio suspiciously.

“Something's not right.” said Sunset Shimmer with a worried look.


They finally arrived at the cave, about to go inside.

“Just through here!” said Starlight showing them the outside of the cave. Then, inside the cave, she leads them to a wall filled with all of the ponies’ cutie marks.

“Behold!” she said showing them what the “vault” is. It was an entire wall of everypony’s cutie mark! The Mane 10 were in shock of what they just saw.

“Our cutie mark vault!” said Starlight introducing the girls to the wall of cutie marks.

“I've never seen anything like it!” said Twilight.

“Me neither.” said Adagio. Starlight then walked to a wooded staff that was standing up on a little table.

“And here is the Staff of Sameness.” she said showing the Mane 10 the staff.

“It was one of the great mage Meadowbrook's nine enchanted items. We are incredibly fortunate to have it here. This is the tool that allows us to free ourselves from our marks!” She then became curious on why they wanted to visit the vault.

“I'm curious – how did the subject of the vault come up?” she asked wondering.

“Oh, some ponies were telling us how much they missed their cutie marks, and—” before Pinkie Pie was about to finish telling the truth, Twilight interrupted her.

“Pinkie!” she said giving her a look.

“Oops!” said Pinkie with embarrassment.

“Were they?” Starlight gasped, “Well, it seems you inspire all sorts of free thinking, don't you?” She started glaring at Adagio and Sonata.

Rarity laughed nervously, “Well, w-we certainly didn't intend to cause any disruptions to your charming little—”

“Good.” said Starlight interrupting Rarity, “Let's just make sure of that, shall we?”

Suddenly, more creepy smiling ponies begin to crowd around then, it was a trap!

“It's a trap!” Twilight gasped in shock. When she, Sunset Shimmer, Adagio, and Sonata were about to run to Starlight to stop her, but then she used her magic staff to zap them, about to remove their cutie marks. Starlight had an evil smirk on her face.

Their cutie marks began to peel off of them, the four groaned in pain, and then the cutie marks finally came off, giving them equal sign ones. Starlight then puts their cutie marks in the vault.

Starlight did the same thing with the rest, removed their cutie marks with the staff and placed them in the vault. The gang was depressed that they lost their cutie marks, their special talents.

“Aw. I don't blame you for what you tried to do here today.” said Starlight walking up to the gang, “You've spent your whole lives thinking those marks are a good thing.”

“Give them back!” Adagio demanded with anger.

“Well, now you can spend the rest of your lives here with us!” said Starlight, “And we'll teach you just how much better life can be without your cutie marks!” She put the staff back where it was and smirked at Adagio and Sonata.

“Who’s ‘the worst’ now? Adagio and Sonata!” she said glaring at them.

“So it is Aria!” Adagio whispered to herself in shock.


To be continued…

Author's Note:

Chapter 4 will be out soon, it just takes time for me to finish it.
So I hope you enjoyed this chapter