• Published 13th Sep 2015
  • 571 Views, 4 Comments

Missing Ditzy - Shizuo35



Daring Do misses her sister Ditzy Do

  • ...
4
 4
 571

Meeting and Losing the Family

Other ponies see me as a lone adventurer who has everything under control. Her fighting skills, her wits, her fears and her emotions. That is all wrong. Right now I'm in a cave staring at a picture of me and my sister... She gave it to me as a birthday present the last time I saw her... The last time we had time to catch up and be who we were... Who we were is way different than what we are now... We grew up in a chateau in a forest just to the west of Ponyville. It isn't Everfree if you're wondering. That is to the east. The forest we lived in was cut off from society. We had packages delivered but that was the only thing. My sister, Ditzy Do, a blond maned grey Pegasus with bubbles as her cutie mark, was just the best and most thoughtful... and sometimes thoughtless sister in the world. You ever wonder how bubbles wander freely when they're in the air? That's how my sister is. She always wandered where ever she went. I knew where to go but it never occurred my cutie mark would help in my line of work. We actually got our cutie marks the same day but... It wasn't as good a day as you think. Me and Ditzy... We sat in our room. It was just a plain room. We had a bunk bed, a window to look out at a clearing where we saw many cute animals, a book shelf with many nonfiction and fiction books, not to mention a toy chest filled with all our dolls, stuffed toys and a few boy toys we had to keep secret from daddy. Yes... That's what I called my father... Always had... Anyways Ditzy and I were playing together with our toys and coloring in our coloring books. I looked to her as I set down a red crayon. "Ditzy....?" I said sadly. "...Do you think daddy's gonna be okay...?" Our father was really sick at the time. Medicine at the time wasn't as advanced as it is now. He was bedridden and we couldn't get him to a hospital but from our grandmothers fortune we had enough to hire a doctor to take care of him.

Ditzy looked over at me giving a smile. I looked deeply into her golden eyes. "Daddy's gonna be fine!" She said. She was always an optimistic mare slash filly. "Mommy said the doctor's gonna make him all better!" I believed her for a while. Although the thought sat in my mind like a rock in a fish bowl. Thoughts of what was happening to my father were scaring me. I set my crayons down and closed my coloring book before climbing into my bed bunk only to cuddle my closest companion Mr. Bunbun. Ditzy must've known how scared I actually was. She climbed into the bed bunk with me and rested her hoof on my blank flank. She turned to the door which was cracked slightly. "Mommy! Can you come in here please!"

And just like that our mother came into our room. Mother had a silvery mane. Silver as in a clean, label peeled clean off can of tomato soup silver. She also had a silver coat and her feathers on her wings tapered off to a darker grey. Some of this is just a guess since... Well... You'll see soon enough. Mother sat on my bed resting a hoof on me. "Daring honey what's wrong?" She asked. Ditzy looked up at her.

"...She's worried about Daddy... She thinks he wont get better." Mother gave a sad aw and picked me up.

"Daddy's going to be just fine. The doctor says he's doing better than he was last week. He may be up on his hooves as early as next week! Maybe even sooner." My mother glanced out the window for a second as I got teary eyed. She was checking the light outside. She never trusted clocks so she never kept them in the house. Weird mare but... A loving one at that. She thinks that a clock would pressure you into doing things fast and mess them up. She wanted chores done thoroughly, always done before sunset. That's how it worked. "Why don't we have some lunch? Looks about that time right now anyways." Ditzy clicked her hooves together. I actually try to mimic it every now and then by taking a few rocks and tap them together with my legs while I click my own... Makes me feel not so alone sometimes. Around book three I did that and Ahuizotl over heard... Surprisingly he offered to talk with me and made me feel better. Sorry if I keep getting off track... I'm actually keeping myself from crying. Ditzy was clicking her hooves together and.... OH!

"Can we have peanut butter and banana sammiches please mommy?" Mother set me down and I grabbed Mr. Bunbun again.

"Well we don't have any fresh bananas yet Ditzy but... Maybe we can just have plain peanut butter and jam? It's the best we can do."

I gave a sigh looking at my soft companion. "...Can I bring Mr. Bunbun to lunch mommy?" I asked. "...I don't wanna let him go..." Momma gave me a smile.

"Sure Daring... I know you're worried and I do know how much you love Mr. Bunbun. C'mon."

I sighed and nodded getting up putting Mr. Bunbun on my back gripping him the best I could with my wings. He flopped down on me almost as if he wanted to give me a hug back making sure I was alright. We both knew I wasn't. I hopped off the bed as Ditzy fluttered her wings and glided off the bed giggling happily. "Yay! I want strawberry jam mommy!" She said. Ditzy loved it while I was allergic... It was either me, Ditzy or mother who carried an allergy shot. Mother looked to Ditzy as we came out to the foyer. A chandelier hung half way between the entrance (Two solid oak wood doors) and a table with a bowl of plastic fruit on it. Just a little laugh in it I was so sick one day I thought those were real and bit into one. Apple and sweet freaking celestia I threw up everywhere. Caused mom and daddy to fly me over to Ponyville hospital.

Speaking of Daddy... In the middle of lunch we were interrupted by the on call doctor... He had a mask on, his stethoscope but in his eyes I could tell something was wrong. We all looked to him as he entered the small dining room. Six pony table. All for the family and those who help with the family. The gardener, the doctor, mommy, daddy me and Ditzy and one for somepony who we either invited as a guest or if they paid to spend a night. "Um... Miss Do? May I have a word with you alone... please?" He asked. Mother gave a nod and left me and Ditzy alone in the dining hall to finish our meal. I didn't want to sit there. A bad taste sat in my mouth and it wasn't the sandwich. I went near the door with Mr. Bunbun on my back and hid away. "...Miss Do... he's getting worse... I fear he could go within the day... Theres.... Theres nothing more I can do... ...Maybe... After you're done here... you should tell them and let them say their goodbyes and leave the house for a while.... I don't want them to be in the house when he goes... Perhaps you should send somepony off to the hospital in Ponyville and have them bring a cart back to haul him off... Perhaps clean every inch of the room thoroughly...."

I pretty much froze. Daddy was gonna die. Mother came back in and saw I wasn't at the table. She looked back at me and gasped seeing tears come to my frozen face. "....Daring I-I didn't want you to hear that!" She said hugging me. I backed away having Mr. Bunbun fall off my back. "Sweetie come to mommy everythings g-gonna be okay!" That's when I saw Ditzy get up from the table and run out. Mom turned around and I went and chased after her. "Girls please! Come back!" Mommy chased after me and grabbed me just as I was about to pass up the table. "Daring please don't do this Daddy's gonna be fine!"

I started to struggle hard enough to just bash somepony's nose (almost had to). "NO! NO DADDY ISNT OKAY HE'S DYING!" I yelled crying. I could hear Ditzy screaming upstairs over my own screaming. I managed to wiggle free and bump into the table knocking it over breaking the bowl of fruit just as I ran upstairs past the doctor who stopped my mother at the middle. I ran inside my room and saw Ditzy already flying out the window crying. "DITZY NO!" I rushed for her but at that time she was rushing for the trees. Just as I flew out a bird ran into her causing her to fall into the forest. I couldn't tell if she landed in the clearing, on a branch or in a bush. As worried as I was I hopped from the window and flew to the ground starting to run towards the tree line. "DITZY! DIIITZYY!!" As I entered the forest I don't know if the gardener had just mowed the grass and watered it a bit too much or if I uh... had an accident but my mind was set on finding my only sister... The only one who I had left to love... Mommy lied right to my face and I lost all respect for her. I ran around where I thought she had landed. I found broken branches, a few of her feathers and a trail of leaves. I found Ditzy crying by a log, her mane a mess and a broken arm. She had her eye closed as she cried hard holding her busted arm. "....D-ditzy... you're hurt...." I sat down next to her and rested my hoof on her lap. Just then my mother came out of the bushes in tears.

"Girls! Ditzy! Daring please don't run off like that! Just look what happened to Ditzy!" She tried picking Ditzy up but my sister screamed loudly in pain. I pushed moms hooves away and got between her and Ditzy.

"STOP IT! DONT TOUCH HER!" Mother backed up fast.

"Y-you're right I'll get the doctor! The gardener can teleport himself to the hospital! I'll have him get a cart for Ditzy just stay here!" I gave no nod as she backed away before turning and running. I looked back at Ditzy and.... I had looked at Ditzy's eyes only to find her golden gazers were cocked. She hit her head so hard one of her eyes went cocked.

"....Ditzy...? Your eyes... your arm... your wings..... Wh-why did you do this....? Why did you run off like that...?"

Ditzy looked to me wincing in pain as she did so. "....D-daddy... he's dying...." She said.

"...You... you heard that....?" She nodded sobbing. "... You told me he would be okay but... mommy lied to me... I know you both said the same thing but.... you.... you tried helping me.... at... at least I found you here.... Why did you come out here...?" She sniffled and hung her head whimpering in pain a bit.

"...I... I go where ever the wind takes me... I feel the wind blow one way and... I-I follow it... It almost never leads me wrong.... But... I feel like a bubble.... free to move where ever I want...." And just like that a few glimmers came to my eye. One from behind me and one from her flank. From behind dirt I could see something on her flank. A little silver line.

"...Ditzy are... you in pain with your haunches or anything...?" She shook her head hesitantly as she closed her eyes back up sobbing. I moved to her side and plucked a feather from my wing before brushing it away. I was almost appalled at what I saw. She had little bubbles on her flank. Her cutie mark. I looked to my flank and saw my little compass rose. I found her fast like I knew where exactly to go. I whimpered a bit as I sat down.

"...Well... We got our cutie marks.... On a day like this where we lose daddy...." I started to sob slightly. Knowing my father would be gone within the night.... but.... what I did next saved me I think... I probably would've been a wreck and lost my mind.

Not even a half hour later I sat in the back of a cart with my saddle bags and Mr. Bunbun. Ditzy was lied down on a floating stretcher being held by the unicorn stallion pulling the cart. Mommy was standing at the side of the cart with tears in her eyes. "....Daring... I... I'm sorry I lied to you..." She said. "...I know you loved daddy and vice versa but.... You... Might be making a good decision going with your sister... I don't want you to see your father in his condition... Its too bad.... just... please... don't let your cutie marks be a grim reminder of this day... " I turned away not answering. "...Just... Take care of your sister... please.... I... I'll..." She actually broke down crying and ran off back to the house.

The cart lurched forward. Ditzy whimpered as her floating stretcher bumped against the wall of the cart. The stallion pulling the cart looked back at us. "Hold on to your sister there missy. It's gonna be a bumpy ride and you gotta make sure she doesn't get hurt any more!" He said. I gave a nod and put a hoof onto the stretcher

As we rode I looked to Ditzy. She looked tired but she was in so much pain she couldn't pass out. "...Don't worry Ditzy... I'll be here for you..." I said. "Now and forever...." I scooted closer and rested Mr. Bunbun on the stretcher next to her. "...Here... you can have him for tonight... if he can make me feel better when I'm hurt you can use him.... I want you to get better fast... anything you want me to do for you I can do it."

Ditzy sniffled a bit glancing over at me without moving her head. "....Can you... Make the owies go away....?" She asked. I gave a sigh.

"...I wish I could Ditzy.... we both need a hug after what we heard from mommy...."

About an hour later I was sitting in Ditzy's hospital room. She was being looked at by doctors to make sure she wasn't seriously hurt. A nurse came in and sat next to me. "Excuse me little filly but... do you want something to eat or drink while you wait for them to finish with your sister?" She asked.

"...Just some juice please... I don't wanna eat anything right now... I lost my appetite from all these emotions..."

"Maybe you want to go talk somewhere? It's always good to talk about these things and never keep your emotions bottled up." She wasn't wrong there... Book four I had another encounter with Ahuizotl after I had stopped off at a market for just a quick food run. I was going to make something in a building I had rented out but as I was going back I saw two fillies playing ball with each other. Ahuizotl tried ambushing me but I just walked right past him with my head hung lost in my own memories. Again he talked with me in my sleeping area and.... well... lets just say I got so welcomed by his company I fooled around with him.... He... Was just like me... Embarrassed as a first timer but glad we could say we did it but.... Enough about that. The nurse got up taking my hoof and we walked into a little office area where she sat me on a desk. "So... Wanna tell me what's on your mind?" I sighed.

"...Mommy told me Daddy was going to be okay... He... he was really sick and at lunch... mommy was talking with the doctor we have and... he said daddy was gonna die... Ditzy... my sister.... she ran away and ended up getting really hurt... She offered to help me when I was worried about daddy and... I'm helping her here..." The nurse gave a sigh.

"...So... You both are here because you're losing your father...?" I gave a nod. "...It's never easy losing somepony you love... I mean your sister fell pretty hard... You saw her eyes were a bit wonky and that's because she hit her head and she has a concussion. She'll be fine but... If she landed any other way you probably wouldn't be here... be nice to her and cherish the good moments you have with her... One day one of you might not see each other as often as you should and it might be too late to see her... I... I'm sorry if this scares you at all..."

"Don't worry... I'm fine... Its true... Um... Now can I get a juice box....?" The nurse gave me a smile and stood up allowing me to get on her back. I climbed on and hugged her. This was a one sided hug but it felt warmer than my own mothers.

I spent most of the night awake. Since this was a time before Princess Luna made her return I was afraid of falling asleep after the hell I went through. I know Nightmare Moon was imprisoned for years and years on end but... she still reached our nightmares to scare the shit out of us... in most cases literally but just as I was about to pass out in a little cot the doctors had set up for me Ditzy called me over. "...D-daring?" She said whimpering. "...Can... You get one of the nurses to get me something to drink please...? And some medicine please....? It hurts again..." I hopped out of the cot stretching waking myself up more.

"...Sure Ditzy... Just... don't cry please." I ran out of the room into the hall. The cold air of the hospital made it almost eerie with the silence of no other ponies around. I went over to the nurses station where a lone nurse sat writing on a few papers. "Um... Excuse me nurse?" The nurse looked down at me. "My sister is in pain and she needs something to drink as well... I was actually gonna go to bed soon too... I don't think I can be awake any longer..."

The nurse got up from her seat and came around to my side taking my hoof. "Alright you just go right to bed then. I'll help your sister until more nurses come alright?" She said. I gave a nod and we started walking towards my sisters room. When we got back in there Ditzy was crying. I climbed into my cot and lied down. "Aw don't cry I know it hurts but you'll be okay soon I promise! Let me go get you that medicine and a juice box just for you!" Ditzy sniffled and held back her tears as the nurse hurried back out of the room.

After that I just zonked out. I passed out until morning. When I woke up I saw a nurse sitting in a chair just waiting for someone to wake up. Either me or Ditzy I guessed. This nurse noticed me awake but just as she got up Ditzy started to cry from the pain she was in. Either that or she woke up from a nightmare because I heard her say "Daddy..." through her tears. I got up and flew just over to the foot of Ditzy's bed. She had more than enough room. I was wondering if they actually would've let me sleep at the foot of the bed.

I looked into Ditzy's eyes. She wasn't wincing in pain just.... sad and scared. As much as I wanted to hug her I know I couldn't because of her casts. The nurse rested her hoof on the bed near Ditzy shushing her. "There there little one... Everything will be okay!" She said.

I gave a sigh. "...She's not in pain... she's crying about our dad..." I said. "...He was sick and... He must've went last night... She has nightmares about bad things after they happen or... so mommy and I think..." I teared up and held back my sobs. I wiped my eyes just as she sat on my cot.

"...Well... I guess that's one less thing I need to tell you... Your uh... gardener apparently sent by your mother told someone here to tell you two your father has passed away... Good news is you are going home today. Your casts are set little Ditzy and your mother should be here to take you home."

Well... She was right about that. Mother came and got us. I flew next to her as she walked with Ditzy on her back. Ditzy held Mr. Bunbun and a juice box. I had my things in my saddle bags along with a bottle of pain meds for her. Mother looked back at me. "Daring darling.... I want you to know I'm sorry for holding you back... You were only trying to help your sister..."

As much as I didn't want to answer I knew I had to. I looked to Ditzy. "...I'm.... sorry I yelled at you... I was mad.... You lied about daddy being okay...." I said.

"I didnt mean to do that... I thought daddy was going to be alright too but... as much as it pains me to say this.... I'm... glad you two got your cutie marks.... I told daddy about them and... He told me to tell you he was proud of you... something tells me after daddy left this morning... he at least came by and hugged you before he went with the angels that took him... Now when we get home you guys are going to your room and...." And that was all she wrote... Said...

After about an hour of being at home having Ditzy sleep, me helping her... go to the toilet and reading to her the doctor came into our room. Ditzy had taken up my bed. I was never too fond of the top bunk. Why? Because... I'm actually afraid of heights. A Pegasus afraid of heights. Heights and spiders. But.... As I was saying the doctor came into our room looking a tad worried for us. He had a note in his mouth. "...Ditzy... Daring... I want you both to... Stay close to each other..." He said. I nodded and climbed onto the bed with Ditzy on her better side. Her left side. It was the least damaged side. The doctor sat next to our bed taking the note from his mouth and laying it on the bed looking at it. "...I uh... I have a note from your mother here... It's... It's a doozy... Just get ready..." He took a deep breath and... He hesitated a while longer. I knew it was really bad. "...Dear children... Mommy is too broken up about losing daddy and needs to go away for a while... I'm taking a bit of the fortune with me so I can live... I'm leaving you with The Doctor, the gardener and a nanny whom I have done background checks on and she is high up there... Daring, take care of Ditzy... Ditzy please... Be a good girl while mommy is away... I'll miss you guys... Listen to the doctor and the nanny... If you cry after you read this note... I'm... I'm sorry I couldn't take you with me... You'll be okay where you are... The nanny will take you into ponyville so you can make new friends... I love you both very much... Make sure you pray to say goodnight to daddy... Love Mommy."

Ditzy and I gasped. This is what I meant earlier by my guess! She left us! She left us after Daddy died leaving us with a doctor, a nanny and the gardener! Ditzy started to cry. I just closed my eyes and... I just thought to myself... I thought I was loving my mothers disappearance but... I was loving that I had to be closer to Ditzy.... "...M-mommy left us....?" Ditzy said tearing up. I said nothing. I nodded and nuzzled my sister trying to calm her. She cried harder. She was scared. I could tell. We lost daddy... Mommy left us and she couldn't tell who she would call for to comfort her but... I was always going to be there for her... Or... So I thought...