• Published 6th Sep 2015
  • 2,204 Views, 17 Comments

Through a broken Wooden Heart - Shadicbro Brony



All ponies believe that every Timberwolf is dangerous and will kill you if you're not careful. However though, three young fillies find a young female Timberwolf pup, and one discovers Timberwolves are as not as dangerous as she thought they were.

  • ...
1
 17
 2,204

Chapter 2: Not the monster I thought you were

Chapter 2: Not the monster I thought you were.

“TIMBERWOLF!!!!!”

The three Crusaders screamed and started running all over the place, avoiding being caught by the pup.

The young pup was confused. Instead of attacking her, they seemed afraid of her. She didn’t know whether to run or stand her ground.

“Let’s get outta here!” Sweetie Belle screamed.

From that, the three fillies ran as fast as their legs can carry them. However though, The yellow filly, Applebloom tripped over a rock and fell, creating a visible scratch mark on her leg.

“Ow.” She carefully got up, and saw that her friends have vanished through the forest. She was now afraid out of her own mind. She was now alone in the forest.

She then heard the sounds of steps behind her. She snapped her head back and her eyes widened in fear, seeing the pup slowly advancing towards her.

“GET BACK!” She screamed growling at the pup.

The screaming and the warning was enough for the pup to scurry away from her and huddle close to a rock, whimpering in fear by the filly. She was still injured the last few days to put up any kind of fight.

Applebloom face softened a little, seeing the pup’s reaction to her warning and screaming. Through her grandmother and sisters story about the Timberwolves, they would immediately attack with no questions asked. But this wolf...was afraid, not to mention hurt.

Applebloom slowly walked towards the pup, being cautious and scared. Her mind was battling with her, telling her not to advance any closer to the pup and run, but inside, something felt off with this little Timberwolf.

When she was now only inches away from the pup, the two looked at each other. Appleblooms eyes were filled with curiosity, while the pups eyes were filled with fear.

Applebloom gently rose her hoof and reached out for the pup, but to her biggest surprise, the pup shielded away from her, whimpering in fear by the filly, believing she might hurt her.

Applebloom was shocked, that a young Timberwolf pup...would actually be afraid of her. Could it be that...Timberwolves are not the monsters she originally thought?

She looked at the pup for another few seconds, watching it whimper, and cower away from her, trying her best to look invisible and wait for the danger to be over. Her heart broke, seeing this predator scared.

Once again, her heart and mind were battling.

“What are you waiting for, get outta here!”

“You can’t just leave this young one out here. It’s only a baby.”

“It’s a Timberwolf, one of the most dangerous monsters in the Forest!”

“It won’t survive out here on it’s own. It needs help.”

Applebloom struggled to make her next move. Either to help the pup out, or just leave. Even though this Timberwolf pup was a predator, it was an animal, fighting to survive. Even though she wasn’t an animal expert like her friend Fluttershy, she still loved animals. Seeing this young pup cower and whimper made her realize...maybe she was wrong about them, and all ponies alike were wrong about them.

After careful planning, she made her final decision.

“Hey.” She softly said.

The pup stopped shaking a little and looked up at the young pony, with her green eyes glowing with fear and sadness.

“It’s alright. Ah won’t hurt you.”

The Timberwolf pup looked into her amber colored eyes, seeing the changes in them. First she saw anger and power, but now she sees kindness and care in them.

Applebloom gently raised her hoof again and reached for the pup, making her cower in fear again, believing she might hurt her.

However...the only thing she felt was...a hoof stroking her head. She looked back up at the pony, who was softly stroking her head, giving her a warm caring smile.

“It’s okay young one. Ah promise, ah won’t hurt ya.” She cooed gently.

The pup was shocked out of her own mind, seeing the care she presented to her. Seeing her kindness, and care, made her feel safe. Memories of her pack and mother resurfaced in her mind. Making her whimper while green tears fell.

Applebloom saw this and then, taking her chances with her life, she actually brought the young pup into an embrace.

“Shhh...it’s alright. It’s okay.” She whispered while stroking her back.

The pup felt waves of comfort, and care within this hug. This was a new level of care she felt. Never in her life, she would have never have been hugged by another creature. The only creature that cared for her this much was...her mother.

The pup then wailed while more tears fell from her glowing green eyes.

This action made Applebloom more surprised. This wasn’t the sound of howling...this was sound of wailing, and it was being released by waves of sadness within this pups heart. Her own heart cracked in two, seeing this pup was upset and alone in the forest. She tightened her embrace around the pup, and continued to stroke her back, trying her best to comfort the sad wooden wolf.

“Shhh...its alright. Let it out...shhh.”

Applebloom kept shushing and stroking the pups back. From seeing this...she knew now everything her sister and grandmother told her about these creatures...was a lie. They weren’t evil, heartless predators that were told about them. They weren’t monsters, they were gentle creatures, just every other animal she knew and loved.

After a few more minutes, the wailing and crying died down. Applebloom pulled back and saw the wolf pup sniffed and tried to calm down. She wiped the tears away and smiled gently at the pup.

“It’s alright little one. No need ta shed anymore tears. Ah’m here.” She cooed.

The pup’s heart was now starting to fill up with joy, happiness, and love once again. She believed it all left her when her pack died, but after the care this pony gave her, she found it again.

The pup yelped and lunged onto her, and started lickign her face, with her stick leafy tongue.

“Hahahaha, alright, alright ah git it. Yer welcome.” She giggled.

The pup got off of her and spun in a circle a few times and yelped happily, while her small twig tail shook happily.

Applebloom got up and smiled.

“Ah guess yer not the monster ah thought ya were.” She said. “Well, goodbye.” She started walking out of the forest, only to hear the sound of steps behind her. She looked back and saw the pup following her.

“No partner. Ya need ta stay here in the forest.” She said and started walking off again, but only to be followed.

“No. Ya can’t come with me. Mah sister won’t let me keep ya.” She said trying to make the wolf understand. She started walking off again, but the pup followed her once more. Now she was getting irritated.

“Fer the last time, ya can’t come home with me!” She snapped, making the pup scurry back a little.

The pup finally got the message, that she didn't want her around anymore. She thought this was too good to be true. She finally found someone that cared for her, but now she doesn’t want her around now.

The pup whimpered and lowered her head and turned around, and started walking back into the forest. She stopped a second and looked back at Applebloom. Her tears shed again and she howled in sadness, telling her goodbye forever, before she advanced further away from her.

Applebloom herself had her heart torn again, seeing this pup in tears again. She didn't understand why the pup was following her. Then, it hit her. The pup wasn't with it’s pack. She realized the pup was lost, or worse...her pack was gone.

She struggled again. She wanted to help the pup, but she knew her sister would never allow her to keep a Timberwolf as a pet. But she knew the pup won’t survive on her own in the forest, without the protection of her pack. But, she knew there was one option for her left.

“Wait!” She called out.

The pups ears perked up, hearing her voice again. She turned around and saw Applebloom walking up to her.

“Ah’m sorry fer yellin at ya, but ya need ta understand, ah can’t bring ya home. Mah family will never let me keep ya. But, ah think ah can help ya.” She explained.

The pup listened.

“Ah can bring ya with me, but ya can’t be seen by others. Ya can’t follow me wherever ah go, and ya can’t eat anypony, alright?” She asked the pup.

She yelped happily and and licked her face again, making Applebloom giggle.

“Alright partner, ah git it.” She giggled feeling the sticky tongue on her again.

The pup got off of her and waited for her command.

“Come on, let’s go back to the treehouse.” She said waving the to the pup to follow her.

The pup yelped and followed her back to her home.

As they walked back, one question rose in Appleblooms head.

“How will mah friends react to this?”

Author's Note:

That’s that for right now. Thank you all for enjoying my story and hope to publish more soon. See you all later everypony.