• Published 6th Sep 2015
  • 340 Views, 6 Comments

E.S.D.E.:Year One - Chaotic Flier



After overcoming Nightmare (With the help of Pinkie Pie) who attacked them during the Exam. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were accepted into the Elemental School for the Defenders of Equestria.

  • ...
 6
 340

The Test-Beginning


"Scootaloo hurry up." Apple Bloom said in a slightly agitated voice trying to get her friend's attention. Both her and Sweetie Belle were in Scoots apartment.


"Or we'll be late for our first day at the Academy." Sweetie Belle added in a bit of a worried tone.


"I will be down in a sec I just need to find my weapon first." Scootaloo called back searching her room for her weapon.

"Maybe we could help. What was it again?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Don't you remember? your the one to give it to me!" Scootaloo answered then let out a sigh of defeat. "It's a collapsible staff. But I looked everywhere in here it's not in my apartment."

"Don't worry Scoots maybe we can get you a new one at the academy I heard they have the best blacksmith in Equestria so I think they could make you a new one." Apple Bloom said trying to cheer her friend up.

"Wait they have a blacksmith why didn't you tell me let's go." Scootaloo excitably exclaimed before she shoved her friends out of her apartment and ran off toward the School. Scoots always had a deep fascination with a blacksmith's ability to turn ugly and misshapen metal into beautiful shapes and deadly weapons.

"Isn't that what I just did." Apple Bloom said after Scoots took off.

"If you said that to begin with she wouldn't have been late to the exam." Sweetie said with a giggle. Apple Bloom nodded in agreement as they started walking toward the school.


Diamond Tiara was heading toward the academy with a smile on her face ready to get to make new friends, she was carrying a book of spells to give to Sweetie Belle, since she got it originally to learn magic but realized she was not a spellcaster since all the spells kept blowing up in her face. Suddenly someone shoved her from behind causing her to drop the book. She went to pick the book up but the person that shoved her picked it up first.


"'Intermediate combat spells' Why are you bringing this to the academy?" A familiar voice asked.


Looking up Diamond realized it was Silver Spoon. "That is none of your business." Diamond said angrily reaching for the book but Silver pulled it out of her reach.


Silver opened the book read it out loud. "To Sweetie Belle, Hope you find better use for this book than I did." After reading this Silver let out a laugh. "What are you actually trying to make friends with those los..." Silver was cut off before she could finish by Diamond punching her in the face knocking her to the ground.


"DON'T YOU DARE CALL THEM NAMES IN MY PRESENCE!" Diamond yelled at a shocked Silver Spoon. "And don't take my kindness as a sign of weakness, do you got me?" Silver was too shocked to talk so she just nodded. "Good." Diamond's previous smile returned and picked the book off the ground where it fell when she knocked Silver to the ground, and walked to the academy humming to herself.


Once Scootaloo arrived at the academy she looked at a piece of paper with a number on it, once she found the room with the number on it she walked in. In the front of the room stood Twilight who was having a very heated conversation with Pinkie. So heated in fact that they failed to see Scoots enter.


"-For the hundredth time Pinkie no." Twilight Said.


"But they need to be protected." Pinkie Argued back.


"My point exactly that is why they will be Assigned to Applejack."


"But she was knocked out by that creatures sleep spell before she could do anything. I would be a better choice to protect them and teach them."


"I know that Pinkie but Applejack is better equipped to train them."


"But you never gave me the chance to train a group to even see if I was capable of doing it. so why not let me try training Scootaloo's team they need someone who is able to protect them and I am the only one able to sense the creature if she gets anywhere near them, so Pleeeeaaasssee give me a chance."


"Fine one week, if they don't improve by then they will be reassigned to Applejack, got it."


"Thank you, thank you, thank you." Pinkie excitably said grabbing her friend in a tight hug. "I won't let you down I promise."


Scoots was worried about Twilight's decision to allow Pinkie Pie to train them, don't get her wrong she saw Pinkie as one of her big sisters but due to that she knows Pinkie is very random and not very serious most of the time.I hope Twilight knows what she's doing, Scoots thought to herself.


"Hey Scootaloo what's up." A voice behind her said causing Scootaloo to let out a girlish scream. Scoots turned around to see Pinkie's smiling face. "Oh did you hear me and Twilight talking, are you excited to have me as your teacher. Ooh this is gonna be sooo fun!" Pinkie said happily hopping in place.


As soon as she finished that Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle entered the room. "Hey Pinkie where is Applejack I thought she would be here since she told me she was our teacher?" Apple Bloom asked.


"Sorry but there was a last minute change I am your teacher now, Isn't that awesome!" Pinkie exclaimed.


"What?!" Both Sweetie and Apple Bloom said in unison completely shocked by Twilight's choice to make Pinkie their teacher. Then Diamond Tiara entered the room.


"Hello Pinkie so you're our teacher it is an honor to be taught by you." Diamond said giving Pinkie a slight bow.


"Suck up." Apple Bloom Said quietly, but not quiet enough.


"It is an honor to be taught by any of the Elements of Harmony to begin with." Diamond said in a calm voice.


Silver entered the room completely avoiding eye contact with anyone and sat at a desk. "What's up with Silver?" Sweetie asked.


"Oh she just tried to bully the wrong person and got what she deserved." Diamond whispered to herself. then loudly. "I Don't Know. Anyway Sweetie Belle I want to give you this since you are a magician you will have more use of this than I do." Diamond handed Sweetie the book.


"What's the catch?" Sweetie asked out of caution.


"Nothing I bought it years ago to teach myself magic but I don't have the talent for it so I am giving it to you hopeful that you would have some use for it."


"Okay then thanks." Sweetie said very enthusiastically and opened the book and began reading.


"Okay everybody when Twist gets here we are going to the training Arena." Pinkie giving the group a smile.


"yes!" Scootaloo exclaimed with a fist pump. Then Twist enters her arm in a caste due to her injuries during the exam.


"Why are you so happy Scootaloo?" Twist asks.


"Because we get to see the training arena and I can’t wait to show off my moves." Scoots answered.


"Hey Twist glad you're here, how's the arm?" Pinkie asked with in a happy tone.


"So you're our team leader Pinkie awesome and my arm is doing fine just another week until it fully heals." Twist answered.


"okey dokey lokey , Now that Twist is here we will go down to the training arena down stairs, so follow me and stick together it is easy to get lost down there." with that Pinkie left the room followed by her new students.


After the class left there was a shimmer of magic in the back of the class and a figure came into sight as her cloaking spell was removed. "Pinkie you are interfering with my plans I will not let you succeed in your little mission. they are going to be my tools to overthrow that cake gobbling weakling of a princess and that antisocial sister of hers." The figure said to herself, "Now I need to get an old friend to help deal with Pinkie so I can go through with my plan." with that she vanished.


Pinkie lead the girls to a strange looking door it was dark blue with stars all over it, Pinkie then turned to her students. “Okay this door will lead to a test you six are to participate before we go to the training arena, any questions?” She asked and was surprised to see Scootaloo to raise her hand. “Yes Scootaloo you have a question?”

“What kind of test is this?” She questioned and was surprised to hear Pinkie giggling.

“Sorry that would spoil the surprise silly,” Pinkie said with a laugh before she continued. “Any way you are to step inside for each of you there will be a unique test so go on in,” Pinkie added before she opened the door.


To be continued in the next chapter.

Author's Note:

Hey returning readers sorry for removing the story and not Republishing it sooner any way the reason I removed it in the first place was to completely change the way the story was and add a few new elements into the mix to possibly make it better.

So any way I am happy to bring back the E.S.D.E.-Year One