• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 295 Views, 2 Comments

Not A Normal Week - LincolnShanna



When you wake up one morning as a pony, your whole week changes. Inspired by Vinyl-ScratchDJ17's story, "A Day As Vinyl Scratch."

  • ...
 2
 295

Chapter One

I yawned and stretched my legs. I wiggled around in my bed. My alarm clock went off. I slammed the "Snooze" button and tried to go back to sleep, but the pains in my sides prevented me from relaxing. I groaned and sat up. I looked out my window. The sun shone brightly. How had Princess Celestia raised the sun all the way in my little town?

Wait. Who in the hoof was Celestia?

As soon as I sat up on the side of my bed, I wobbled and fell to the floor.

"Ouch!" I yelped. I stood up. I walked into the bathroom to relieve myself. After doing so, I looked in the mirror and screamed. The "person" who was looking back at me was really freaky. My reflection had changed dramatically. My clean, tan complexion was now purple and furry. My long, brown hair was no longer pretty. It was now royal purple and hot pink. To top it all off, I had wings and a unicorn horn. I stood on four hooved legs.

"What am I?" I whispered.

Something inside me told me that I was Princess Twilight Sparkle, the pony princess of friendship.

I sat down and cried. How could I get a job as a special effects technician if I looked like this? Then it hit me: I had a horn. Therefor, I had magic. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to cast a spell. I heard the toilet flush itself and the faucet turn itself on. I opened my eyes and looked at my horn. It was glowing with hot pink magic. So was the toilet handle and the water faucet. I grinned. I was magical. I WAS magic.

The phone rang. I jumped and lost concentration. The toilet and sink both turned off.

I ran to answer the phone. I picked it up with my magic. "Hello?" I was startled. My voice sounded different.

"Miss Unger? My name is John. I'm calling from the Dog and Horse Theater. Your interview date has changed. Please come in tomorrow for your interview."

"What?" I cried. If I was still like this tomorrow...

"It's either tomorrow or never, Miss Unger."

"Oh. I..." I sighed. "I'll be there. Thank you." I hung up.

What have I done? I thought.

"So, Bill..." I said over the phone. I was on the phone with Bill Hing, my boyfriend. He thought of himself as a "brony," a fan of the My Little Pony TV show. If anypony could help me, it was him. Wait. Why did I just say "anypony?"

"What's up, Olivia?" Bill asked cheerfully. "What can I do you for?"

"Um..." Could I trust Bill? "I... have a problem."

"Oh, no!" Bill exclaimed worriedly. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not comfortable telling you over the phone," I admitted. "Could you come over?"

"Sure. I'll be there in ten." Bill hung up.

"Hurry, Bill," I whispered. "Hurry."

For the ten minutes, I paced around my living room, biting my lip and reorganizing my bookshelf. Finally, I heard the doorbell ring. I didn't feel comfortable answering it.

"It's me, Oli! You in there?" Bill yelled.

"Yeah," I sighed. "Are you alone?"

"'Course I am! Are you gonna let me in?"

"Um... It's open!" I cried, racing to my room.

I heard Bill open the door. "Where are you, Oli?"

I took a deep breath. "In my room." I stood up, spread my wings, and stared at the door. When Bill entered my room, he stopped walking.

"Hey, Olivia! Nice costume! Where'd you get it? Hot Topic?"

"It... It's not a costume, Bill."

"Nice one, O." Bill walked forward, smiling. "You finally a fan of MLP?"

"SOMETHING like that..." I closed my eyes and cast a spell that levitated Bill.

He yelled. "Whoa! How're you doin' that? Wires?"

"No."

"Pulleys?"

"No."

"A platform?"

"No, Bill. It's real. I'm a pony." I lowered Bill.

He sat down on my bed. "Am I hallucinating, or are you Princess Twilight?"

"You're not hallucinating, sweetie. I'm Princess Twilight."

"So, how... how?" Bill gasped. He was pale.

"I don't know! I woke up like this! And I just got a call that my interview for the theater is tomorrow! TO. MORR. OW!"

"Um... Did you eat anything strange last night?" Bill asked.

"No..."

"Did you put anything new in your mane... I mean, hair last night?"

"No. I didn't. And now I'm a pony, I can cast spells, and I'm thinking random things like 'Who in the hoof,' 'What the hay,' and 'Princess Celestia!' What's wrong with me?"

"I don't know what to say, Olivia."

I looked frantically around my room. "Oh, no!" I cried. "Where's Spike? Where's Owlicious? Where are the girls? What am I saying?"

Bill grinned. "Well, if you really ARE Twilight, then Spike is your assistant, a baby dragon, Owlicious is your pet owl, and 'the girls' are your five best friends!" Bill shook his head. "I can't believe this is happening!"

Despite my confusion, I smiled. I looked at my rear... my FLANK. I saw a strange marking on it: A big, pink, six-pointed star surrounded by five, smaller, white stars. My head felt light.

"What is this?" I asked Bill, pointing to the marking.

Bill leaned forward to see the mark. "Oh man! It's your cutie mark!"

"My WHAT?"

"Your cutie mark. It represents your special talent: magic. Every pony in Equestria has one. They get them as fillies, when they discover their special talent."

"Oh." I was still staring at my "cutie mark." My head felt really light. The pink star seemed to glow and break apart, like I was looking at it through a kaleidoscope. My head felt hot. My vision clouded. I walked over to my bed and laid down on it. I passed out. I had a strange vision...

"Where's Twilight?" cried a light pink pony. She had hot pink mane and three balloons as her cutie mark. Somehow, I knew that this was Pinkie Pie. She was an earth pony.

"Ah don't know, Pinkie," replied an orange pony with three red apples as her cutie mark. She spoke with a heavy country accent. It was Applejack, and she was an earth pony, too.

"Oh, dear, oh dear," whispered the pale yellow pegasus named Fluttershy. She hid behind her light pink mane. Her cutie mark was three pink butterflies.

"We've gotta find her!" Rainbow Dash yelled. She flew up in the air with a few beats from her pale blue pegasus wings. She had a cutie mark of a multi-colored lightning bolt topped with a white cloud.

"I agree," said Rarity, the white, purple-mane unicorn with the three blue diamond cutie mark.

A baby dragon ran in. "I've searched the entire castle," he gasped. "Twi's not here!" It was Spike.

The room grew noticeably brighter. A white winged unicorn flew into the room.

"Princess Celestia!" cried my six friends. They all ran toward her.

"What is it, my little ponies? And dragon?" Celestia asked. She had a golden sun as her cutie mark. Her beautiful, multi-colored mane and tail flowed freely.

"Twilight's missing!" Spike blurted out. "Have you seen her?"

Celestia looked shocked. "No, I have not. Why is she not here?"

"Well, Twi was practicing a new spell last night in her bedroom," Spike said. "She let nopony in, not even me. I heard this big explosion, and I raced in. By that time, Twilight was gone. There was a scorch mark on the ground!"

There were tears in Spike's and the five ponies' eyes.

"I see," Celestia said calmly. "I will send my soldiers all across the kingdom in search for her."

"WHAT!" Pinkie yelled. "You're sending your GUARDS? Twilight is your favorite student! You say so yourself! If anypony's gonna go after Twi, it should be YOU!" Pinkie pointed a hoof at the princess.

Spike, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Applejack all gasped.

"PINKIE PIE!" Rarity scolded. "Don't you DARE boss the princess around!"

"Please forgive Pinkie, princess," Applejack said, bowing and removing her cowgirl in respect. The three other ponies and Spike all bowed, too. Pinkie was the only one standing.

"It's quite all right, Applejack," Celestia sighed. She placed a gentle hoof on Applejack's shoulder. "Your friend is right. I will search for Princess Twilight alongside my soldiers." Tears were in her eyes.

"Do you think that Twilight is okay?" Fluttershy asked timidly.

Celestia smiled. "We can only hope."

With that, she took off.

I woke up. Bill was gone. I saw a note on my bedside table. I levitated it and read it aloud.

"'You fell asleep. I felt awkward staying around, so I went home. I'm going to do some research. I won't tell anybody. Call me if you need anything. Seems like I'm your go-to guy for info right now! Love, Billy.'"

I curled up on my bed. So, I had cast a spell somehow and took the body of myself? I shook my head. That was too confusing. Hopefully Bill would find an answer soon.

I stood up. "I'm bored," I sighed. It hit me: I should reorganize my books... in alphabetical and color order! And then I could do it again by author! I giggled with the thought of such a fun day filled with organization. I was so excited that I forgot all about the interview I had in less than twenty-four hours.