• Published 21st Jun 2012
  • 2,296 Views, 100 Comments

Ditzy's Eyes - LoLCyprus



Ditzy goes to a 'Bring A Parent Day' and ends up telling everyone the story about her eyes.

  • ...
10
 100
 2,296

Regrets Of A Time Long Since Gone

Soarin looked towards knock on his door. His brow raised curiously, he certainly wasn't expecting anyone, especially at this time of the day.

"Coming!" He called out, scrambling to push open the door. "Yes?" He asked before noticing who it even was, and found himself staring face to face with a furious rainbow-maned Pegasus.

"Rainbow Dash? What are you-"

"WHY?" The Pegasus interrupted, "Why did you leave Ditzy all alone?" Rainbow Dash felt her eyes become daggers as she failed to hold back her anger.

"Ditzy? Rainbow Dash, I don't know... Wait... Ditzy?" His eyes lit up as if Celestia herself was raising the sun into them. He hadn't heard that name in as long as he had remembered her immaculate face. He pushed past her, glancing left and right, desperately trying to find this mare. That is, until he realized the words she had said.

Why did you leave Ditzy all alone?

He felt his heart fall as quickly as it had leaped.

"Where is she? I haven't seen her since..." He was cut short by his own incredibly honest memories. He hadn't seen her since the accident.

"Since you left her on her death bed in the hospital! What were you thinking Soarin? She needed you! She loved you!"

Soarin's eyes widened in shock and fear. "She... told you that?"

"Yes..." Rainbow Dash held her temper, seeing the pain welling in the colt's wide eyes. Realizing his affliction she questioned as to whether or not she should continue, but pressed the information. "Did... She tell you she was pregnant at the time?"

Soarin to turn to stone. He felt like his whole had world turned upside down and kicked him in the teeth.

I have a child? Soarin's mind immediately spiraled around him, making him nauseous from her words and that sickening truth.

"I... I didn't..." Soarin began, but was interrupted by the other Pegasus's soft words.

"You didn't know... I figured. I've never heard of someone just leaving their loved one in a situation like that." Rainbow Dash lowered her gaze, rubbing her hoof into the soft clouds for a distraction.

"I felt terrible seeing her there. She could hardly even breathe on her own, and it was entirely my fault. If I had just been paying attention... Had I just glanced back to see her, I could have stopped it all.

"I spent two months with her, visiting every chance I could get, and I was the only one to visit. She was left in Ponyville after all, no one knew of her here, but... Eventually I just couldn't bear to look at her without my heart trying to rip itself out. The guilt was too much, and I had hoped she blamed me as much as I did, and I thought never seeing her again would be best for both of us.

"If I knew she was pregnant..." Soarin's words choked, the tears running down his cheeks vividly expressing his pain.

"Can you take me to her?"

"I could, but I can't guarantee she wants to even look at you." She finally asked.

I don't know if I can even look at myself anymore.

"I understand..." Soarin muttered under his fragile breath, that had now become ragged attempts for air.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soarin landed outside a comfortable home. It seemed to follow a familiar scheme with the houses that surrounded it. He looked at the wooden door that separated him from the inside of the house. From Ditzy. He ripped his stare away and looked at the Pegasus who quietly coughed.

"You owe me for this Soarin."

"Yes, a thousand times yes, whatever you want! I cannot thank you enough!" His eagerness was hushed, as if he was afraid to alert the ponies inside to his presence, an with a sly grin she took off, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

His gaze didn't falter from the door, his heart thundering in his chest. He lifted his hoof and, with a small pause, knocked it against the door.

He listened as a kind voice lifted from inside and quiet trotting lead to the door creaking open.

He tried his best to smile, but only managed and awkward grin as he looked into the eyes of his beloved. He hadn't seen them since that day, and even though there was something, different, he would never forget those golden amber jewels.

"C-Come in..." She stumbled, pulling the door open completely to let the colt inside. Soarin stepped inside, trying his best to search for the proper words, but is mind only ended up blank, or, rather, filled with thoughts of joy from seeing her alive.

"Ditzy, I'm sorry." Soarin muttered, knowing the words would never be enough. Ditzy raised her head and locked eyes with his. They shared this moment for a few minutes, before Ditzy finally found the words that she had been searching for herself.

"Soarin... It's okay, I... I just... Where did you go?" Her eyes started to brim with tears. Somehow her words felt like lies, even though she had hardly lied to anyone in her entire life.

"Ditzy, I always have loved you, and what happened that night never changed that, but, I just felt guilty over what happened. I felt as if I hadn't protected you like I should have. I felt like a failure, and I still do. I made a mistake that I don't know if I can ever repair. I just can't believe that I was so stupid to do such a thing to you. If you don't... I understand, because I will never forgive myself for what I did." Soarin felt his heart fill with relief with the words out of him. He never thought he would be able to apologize for his actions that night.

Ditzy couldn't find the words to respond, she only stepped forward and embraced the gentle colt in a hug. A feeling she hadn't felt for years, and soaked in every minute of it. Soarin had missed her just as much as she had. That alone was reason enough to forgive him.

Soarin felt his cheeks burn into a blush as he remembered the feeling of the mare wrapped around him. His heart melted in happiness. He never would have believed she would forgive him for what he did.

She pulled away from the hug and kissed her lover, deeply and passionately, her memories not betraying her as he felt exactly the same.

Soarin felt his bliss settle once he realized the other situation of his absence.

"DITZY!" His scream surprised her as Soarin's face lit up. "Sorry but I completely forgot, I was so occupied with just meeting you that I forgot. Rainbow Dash said you were..." Soarin watched as the mare blushed, looking away.

"Yeah, I should have told you before hand, I guess I wanted it to be more of a surprise. I can't blame you for that." She smirked, looking back to see his smile.

"Still, I'm sorry, I missed so much of my own child's life." Soarin felt his words sting his own heart as they left him. He didn't quite realize just how cold his words sounded until he had said them.

"It's alright, honestly, I've been fine and so has Dinky."

Soarin smiled and kissed Ditzy on her forehead.

"Dinky huh? A beautiful name. It really does fit perfectly."

"I'm so glad that you're back Soarin. I missed you..." Ditzy found herself surprised, thinking back briefly on the day before, if she hadn't had a chance to share that story, she may have spent the rest of her life without seeing her beloved ever again.

"Me too Ditzy. I'm glad we're finally together."