• Published 28th Aug 2015
  • 323 Views, 3 Comments

Fire team Equine - TheBassMonsterRemix18



The UNSC Golden Harvest has been put through hell as they fight off covenant forces, they win the battle but at the cost of there hyper drive sysytem, they end up coming out of hyper space in a sector that has not been discovered by the UNSC probes.

  • ...
6
 3
 323

Malfunctions

Author's Note:

vocab
UNSC- United Nations Space Command
CO- Commanding Officer
AI- Artificial Intelligence
FUGIKAWA- nuclear powered hyper space engine
MAC rounds- Max acceleration rounds
NCU- Navel Combat Uniform
IFF- identify friend or foe
FOB- Forward Operation Base


Hey guys this is my first cross over/alternate dimension story, please enjoy.

Twilight was woken from her sleep as a some what thunderous boom came from outside.

"What was that?" Twilight asked as she rubbed her eyes. "Its probably spike trying to get a late night snack." the lavender alicorn princes said as she got up from her bed to find spike had not gone to get a snack but he was still asleep in his little bed. "He is so adorable when he sleeps." Twilight said as she put on her hoof slippers on. "So what was that sound, Rainbow said that there were no planned thunder storms till two weeks from now." she said as she opened her bedroom door. "It was probably Spit Fire and her flight teams on a midnight training exercise." she thought as she walked back into her room.


"All hands prepare for hyper space." Admiral Saunders ordered as his crew was hard at work completing system checks after a successful battle with a covenant fleet. "Major Faust, status report on the ship please." The Admiral asked as he sat down in his command chair.

"All systems are up and running, FUGIKAWA drives are at forty-five percent and the forward and rear shield generators are at full capacity." Faust said as he handed the admiral a data pad.

"Alright ladies and gentle men lets head back to base for a round of drinks, i'm buying." The admiral said with a smile. "Revert all power the FUGIKAWA drives and lets get on our way." The admiral said as he gave the all ready signal to the crew that it was ok to leave.

"All power has been reverted to the FUGIKAWA drives and all birds and pilots are all accounted for." Faust said as he looked at his corporal and gave him the thumbs up to let him know to relay orders to the crew.

"All hands prepare for hyper space jump, I repeat all hands prepare for jump." Corporal Edwards said over the intercom.

"We are all clear and ready to jump sir." Faust said as he stood next to his CO.

"Lets get going, Sargent Rigger, she is all yours, take us home." Saunders said as he sat back and pulled up the navigational map.

"Avery, plot a course for the nearest refueling station." Faust said as a small holographic boy appeared next to navigational map.

"Plotting a course bro, and can I have a look at the files we recovered from the enemy." Avery asked as he entered the coordinates to the nearest station.

"That data is all yours little buddy." Faust said as he pulled up a holographic file and sent it to the ships AI.

"Thanks big bro." Avery said as disappeared deep into the ships computer system.


"That was intense." one of the Spartans said as they entered the armor station.

"It was fun in my opinion, plus it beats sitting around here all day another said as she put her rifle in her locker.

"What about you sir, how did you enjoy this one." a younger Spartan asked as he got onto the armor removing platform.

"It was pretty standard kid, but besides that it was normal and a lot calmer then most operations I've been apart of." The tallest of the Spartans said as he removed his helmet revealing a stern but calm face with a scar going down the left side of his face cutting through his eye. "Plus Ricochet is right, it beats sitting here all day." The Spartan said as he wiped his tannish face off with the back of his hand.

"Alright guys and girls, report to chow hall and get some food in you and then report back to our quarters and get some sleep." The Spartan said as his chest plate was removed by the mechanical unit that handles all armor.

"You got it boss man." a somewhat smaller Spartan said as he slid his NCU trousers on.

"Not you Kickback, I need you to report to the medical station to get that wound checked out." The taller Spartan said as he playfully rubbed his black friends head.

"I understand sir." Kickback said as he put his boots on.


As the Golden Harvest was in its travel, things started to go wrong. All the reserve power was drained as the ships FUGIKAWA engine strained as its coolant systems failed and all power had been fully cut off from that area. The Golden Harvest pulled out of hyper drive in a strange quadrant that no one has discovered.


"Avery, why the hell did we stop?" Saunders asked as he stood from his chair.

"I think it's the hyper drive sir, it over heated and all coolant and power was drained from the engine." Avery said as he appeared next to the admiral. "Well at least we're not in covenant controlled space." Avery said as a holographic map appeared in front of Saunders. "It seems this area hasn't been discovered by either side." The AI said as he sat in the air.

"Alright, scan that planet, lets see if we have alerted anyone." The admiral said as he sat back down.

"Done, there are signs of life and they seem to have multiple satellites in orbit, and we have not raised any alerts, and just to be safe I bypassed the satellite's security systems and have shut down several satellites so we can enter the planets atmosphere without detection." The AI said as he pulled up a troop roster.

"Alright, send a team down there to meet the locals, see if they are willing to let us stay until we can repair our ship." Saunders said as he pulled the team roster in front of him. "I want a Spartan team down there." The admiral said as he scrolled down on the roster.

"How about Fire team Equine, they just got back, think Colt will be up to a little recon." Avery said as pulled his full combat record.

"You know, I think your right, my nephew could use one more recon op before some R and R." Saunders said as he pushed a button on his chair. "Colt please report to the bridge." The admiral said through the intercom. "We need to get this done and over with." The admiral said as he got up and started to walk around the bridge of his ship.


"So your telling me that we have next to nothing on this planet and you want me to take my team down for a little adventure." Colt said as he leaned against the railing of the inner observation deck.

"Yes, we know that it is inhabited and that the covenant or any other UNSC or human forces have discovered this sector, they seem to be technologically enhanced and I was thinking you could use something simple to get your mind off of things for a bit." Saunders said as he patted his nephew on the back.

"Alright uncle, ill do it." Colt said as he stood up straight and saluted him.

""Avery has already fueled up a pelican and has already notified your team about the mission." Saunders said as handed his nephew a data pad. "Apparently this planet is inhabited by bipedal horse like creatures that are led by Three rulers, that's about as much intelligence we can give you at the moment." Saunders said as he leaned against the railing.

"So we keep our fingers off the triggers and mark any cities with IFF tags and set up a temporary FOB?" Colt asked as he slid the data pad into his cargo pocket.

"Yes, and set up a landing zone for any supply drops you need, we may be here for awhile." The admiral said as he got off the railing and started to walk off. "Be careful, and God speed."


Twilight sparkle looked through her telescope for the twelfth time today focusing her sight on the strange ship that had been sitting there for the past three hours.

"So who do you think it is." A female voice said as a white alicorn asked as she entered the room and walked over to the telescope. "Mind if I take a look?" the taller mare said as she placed a hoof on the lavender mares shoulder.

"To be honest, I have no idea, but its been up there for the past three hours and hasn't done anything since it arrived." The lavender mare said as she sat in one of her chairs.

"Twilight, they seem to be sending a shuttle down, and from the looks of the larger ship it seems to be damaged badly." The taller mare said as she pulled her head back and looked at her student.

"Should we send an air escort to guide them to a safe landing zone?" Twilight asked as she got up and ran to her teachers side.

"Call the air guard and let them know we have guests, and not to fire on them unless they fire first, we don't want a war on our hoofs when we still have to worry about the changeling army getting ready to strike." The taller one said with a worried tone.