• Published 26th Aug 2015
  • 746 Views, 10 Comments

Love Made of Metal and Apples - Gearsmash King



Two very different ponies meet at the Grand Galloping Gala. Will they fall in love or will it be all for nothing?

  • ...
5
 10
 746

Chapter 7: Hat Tricks

The sun peaked over the horizon and shined into the cab as Applejack opened her eyes. She blinked slowly and heard an interesting sound.

Ba-bum, ba-bum, ba-bum.

To her it sounded like a slow, steady, and strong heartbeat. At first, she thought she was dreaming, then she lifted her head and the sound died away. The fire was reduced to ambers and glowed dark red.

"That was a good sleep." Applejack thought, "But what am I..."

SNORT!

Her thought was interrupted, when she heard a loud snort come from behind her. Applejack slowly turned her head to see what made the sound. To her surprise, she saw Copper Finish laying on the floor, exactly where her head would've been. A wave of shock washed over Applejack as a thought crossed her mind.

"We didn't... No, we couldn't have... Right?!" Applejack's mind frantically thought, "Did we?!"

Applejack wanted to start yelling and screaming, she demanded to know what happened. But, instead, she remained quiet and stared at the stallion on the floor. Copper Finish remained in his deep sleep, undisturbed and breathing softly.

"Alright, Applejack," she thought, "just breath and try to relax. Maybe, I can remember what happened last night."

Applejack breathed deeply and started to piece together what happened the night before. She started from when she was leaving Twilight's castle and walking home, but then something made her turn around and go back. But it started to rain and she saw somepony walking in the distance.

"That doesn't help much." Applejack thought, "Why am I here?"

Applejack skipped to where she found Copper Finish under his train and talking to him. She remembered being cold and Copper Finish wrapping his cape around her. Then he invited her into the cab, to get warm by the fire. Then Applejack remembered crying and hearing a combination of a heartbeat and rain, then falling asleep.

"That makes better sense, as to why I feel asleep, I guess." She thought, still looking at Copper Finish, "But why was I cryin'?"

She wasn't upset anymore, but she was confused. Then Copper Finish stirred and Applejack grinned.

"Actually," Applejack thought as her mind returned to a calm sense, "now that I think about it, it's probably not important. Besides, he looks kinda cute like that."

Then Applejack stood up and looked around the small cab. She saw two hats on the driver's seat, a pair of hoof gauntlets in front of the firebox, and a pair of goggles hanging from a lever. Applejack, also, noticed that she was still wearing the cape and that it had the letters, "C.F." monogrammed on the collar. She took it off and draped it over the owner, then grabbed one of the hats and opened the door. Cool morning air rushed into the cab as Applejack climbed out and gently closed the door, trying not to wake Copper Finish.

Click.

Applejack heard the pin click into place and started walking. A light mist greeted her as she walked past the station and into town. As she walked, she saw shop owners and other ponies starting their day. Applejack had things to do too, back at Sweet Apple Acers, but she wasn't thinking about them. Instead, she thought about Copper Finish's actions. It didn't bother her, but it did make Applejack wonder why he had acted like that.

"He could've told me to go home or woken me up," Applejack thought as she walked home, "but he didn't. Why?"

Applejack thought about it, until she got home.

"Home, sweet home." She said as she entered the homestead.

Applejack was greeted by Apple Bloom, Big Macintosh, and Granny Smith.

"Where, in Equestria, have ya been? We've been worried sick." Apple Bloom said, running up to Applejack and giving her a hug.

"Ya didn't come home after goin' to that big festival, for that feller, what's-his-name." Granny Smith said, slowly moving toward her.

"Eeyep." Big Macintosh said, standing in the doorway.

Applejack didn't say anything, making Big Macintosh and Apple Bloom curious. She went into the kitchen to get some breakfast.

"Applejack, what's wrong?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Um." Applejack stammered, trying to think of an answer, "Nothin'. I've just got a lot on my mind."

Applejack flashed a fake smile. Neither one of them were convinced, but they didn't want to make her feel pressured. Applejack ate her breakfast and went outside to start her chores. There were plenty of things to do. And, as usual, applebucking was at the top of her list. As Applejack made her way to the nearest tree, Apple Bloom ran up to her and walked beside her.

"Do ya wanna talk about it?" Apple Bloom asked, wanting to know what her sister was thinking about.

They were only a few feet from the tree, when Applejack stopped and looked at Apple Bloom.

"Can ya keep a secret, Apple Bloom?" Applejack whispered.

Apple Bloom had a curious look on her face. But, she nodded her head and looked around, to make sure that no one else could hear them. Applejack did the same and lowered her head to Apple Bloom's ear.

"I was with Copper Finish last night." Applejack whispered.

Apple Bloom looked at her sister, which made Applejack believe that she didn't understand.

"Don't worry, you'll know when y're older." Applejack said, giving a small reassuring smile.

Apple Bloom smiled back and gave Applejack another hug.

"I ain't gonna tell nopony, I promise." Apple Bloom said, letting go of Applejack.

They continued walking toward the tree and started to work. As they worked, Apple Bloom noticed something.

"Hey, Applejack," Apple Bloom said, "why does yer hat look different?"

Applejack stopped to take it off and look at it. On the hat, the letters, "C.F." were monogrammed on the brim. The inside and the brim of the hat were lined with black velvet and a group photo tucked inside. But what Applejack found most interesting, was that this hat was shaped slightly different, than her hat.

"Because it ain't my hat." Applejack said.

She put the hat back on and started to leave.

"Why didn't I notice that earlier?" Applejack thought, leaving for the train station. "Now I've gotta go back and pretend that nothin' happened. Hopefully, he won't see through that."


WOOO! WOOOOO!

"Whoa! Alright, okay! I'm up, I'm awake!" Copper Finish said, startled by a passing train whistle.

The sun was high in the sky, and the sounds of ponies talking and steam hissing could be heard. Copper Finish rubbed his eyes and looked around. He saw his goggles on the throttle, a hat on the seat, and his gauntlets near the firebox. His cape was draped over him and the fire, he made the night before, had gone out. All that was left in the firebox, were ashes. Copper Finish looked around the cab and saw that he was alone.

"Yeah, I knew it was too good to be true." Copper Finish said to himself.

Copper Finish got to his hooves and got dressed. He put on his gauntlets, hat, and goggles. But there was something different about his hat. It didn't sit right on his head and it didn't have his initials on it. But it did have the letters, "W.A." stitched onto the brim. He took it off and looked at it.

"Okay, so it wasn't a dream." Copper Finish thought, "But who's W.A.?"

Knock, knock, knock.

Copper Finish heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" He asked, putting the hat back on.

"It's me and Rainbow Dash, Coppa." Copper Finish heard Fire Bolt's voice say, through the door.

Copper Finish went to the window and rubbed the bruise he got from Fire Bolt.

"What do you two want?" Copper Finish asked, looking out the window.

"We want to apologize for what happened last night." Rainbow Dash replied.

Copper Finish thought for a moment, before opening the door and climbing out of the cab. He gave Fire Bolt an unsettling glare.

"I'm sorry for overreacting last night." Fire Bolt said, "I didn't mean to hurt you, Coppa."

"You punched me in the face." Copper Finish said, feeling less angry, "I think you did what I would've done, if I were you."

Fire Bolt had a curious look on his face.

"I got angry because you went behind my back." Copper Finish continued, "You should've told me, instead of trying to hide the truth. We've been friends for years, you'd think that we could trust each other. But what happened, was the opposite of trust."

"We're sorry that we did that, but we thought that you would be angry if we told you." Rainbow Dash said.

"Well, I'd be a little upset." Copper Finish said, not angry anymore, "But I wouldn't have been nearly as angry as last night."

"So, do you forgive us?" Fire Bolt asked, hoping to earn his friends trust again.

It took Copper Finish a moment to answer, because trust was very important to him.

"Alright, I'll forgive you." Copper Finish finally said, "But you have to promise, not to pull a stunt like that again."

Fire Bolt looked at Rainbow Dash and smiled. Rainbow Dash nodded at Fire Bolt and smiled back.

"Deal." They both said.

Copper Finish was happy again and wanted get passed everything, as fast as possible. Then he had an idea.

"What do you say we get some breakfast?" Copper Finish asked, "I'm buying."

"Sure, but I think it's closer to lunch." Rainbow Dash said.

"Hey, if you're buying, I'm always hungry." Fire Bolt said, glad to have his friend back.

The three ponies laughed and started walking into town. As they walked, they saw other ponies either doing their daily jobs or playing games. It reminded Copper Finish of when he and Fire Bolt were colts, playing and talking about working together someday. Always wanting to be in the Canerlot Royal Staff. They got their wish and swore to always have each other's backs. But after last night, Copper Finish wasn't sure if their promise was still any good. It did bother him, but there wasn't anything to do about it now. Both of them knew that, but they knew it was best to look passed it and move on.

"Here's a good place." Rainbow Dash said.

They stopped in front of a restaurant and went inside.

"Hello," A waiter said, "table for three?"

"Yes, please." Copper Finish replied.

The waiter nodded and lead them to a big table.

"I'm sorry. All we have available, is this table for six." The waiter said.

"That's fine." Rainbow Dash said.

They sat down and he gave them their menus.

"Anything to drink?" The waiter asked.

"I'll have a pineapple juice with a lemon wedge, please." Fire Bolt replied, "It's something I've wanted to try for a while."

"And I'll take a banana and orange punch." Rainbow Dash said.

"Of course." The waiter said, writing on his notepad, "And for you, sir?"

"I think I'll just have a chocolate milkshake, thanks." Copper Finish said, looking at the menu.

"Alright then, I'll be right back." The waiter said, before leaving.

The waiter walked away, leaving the three of them to decide what they wanted to order. Copper Finish was looking at his menu, when his hat started sliding over his eyes. He took it off and started looking at it. Fire Bolt took notice and looked up from his menu.

"You could never leave that hat alone, could you?" Fire Bolt asked, "You rarely take it off."

"Well, what if I told you that this wasn't my hat?" Copper Finish said, inspecting the initials on the brim.

"Then who's hat is it?" Rainbow Dash said, looking at her menu.

"I don't know, but it has the initials, W.A., on it." Copper Finish replied, "Does that sound familiar to you?"

Rainbow Dash looked up from her menu, with a concerned look. She slowly put her menu down and sighed deeply.

"That hat belongs to Washington Apple." Rainbow Dash said in a low voice, "Applejack's dad."

Copper Finish gave a worried look, because the way Rainbow Dash said that comment. It made Washington Apple sound like a very important, or dangerous, pony to meet. Not to mention, he was Applejack's father, that made Copper Finish even more nervous.

"Where can I find him?" Copper Finish asked, "So I can give him, his hat back."

Rainbow Dash looked down at her menu and didn't say anything.

"What's wrong?" Copper Finish asked, wondering if he had done anything wrong.

Ding, ling.

Before Rainbow Dash could answer, the doorbell to the restaurant rang. They looked over to see Rarity, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo enter.

"Hey, you guys, come sit with us." Rainbow Dash called, waving them over.

The three of them came over and sat in the remaining chairs. In that same moment, the waiter returned with the drinks.

"There you go." The waiter said, "And what can I get for you three?"

"I will have a grape and raspberry punch, thank you." Rarity said.

"I'll have a lemonade." Scootaloo said.

"Make that two, please." Sweetie Belle said.

"Of course." The waiter said, writing on his notepad, "I'll be right back to take your orders."

He walked away and the six of them started talking.

"Hi, Rainbow Dash, what's up?" Scootaloo said, greeting her role model.

"Just playing it cool, how 'bout you?" Rainbow Dash replied, rubbing Scootloo's head, "Have you mastered that cool trick, yet?"

"You mean, the Fire Trail Flip?" Scootaloo said, "Well not exactly, it's hard to do it without getting enough air on the jump. I almost had it this morning, but then Sweetie Belle decided to readjust the ramp. Even though, I told her not to."

"You did not!" Sweetie Belle said, "You said, make sure that the ramp was at the right angle!"

"Yeah, but you moved it, right before I jumped!" Scootaloo said, "Besides, I don't think the ramp was big enough, anyway."

"I'll bet I can help you with that." Fire Bolt said, "After all, I am a metal worker and very good with angles."

The two fillies stopped talking and looked at Fire Bolt as he took a sip from his pineapple juice. It tasted very sour, causing Fire Bolt to make a funny face. Which made them laugh.

"Wow! Okay, note to self: don't ask for a lemon wedge, when ordering a pineapple juice." Fire Bolt said, squinting one of his eyes and puckering his lips, "It makes it way too sour."

"Ha, ha, ha!" Rainbow Dash laughed, "You should see the look on your face! It's priceless!"

Copper Finish smiled and hung the hat on his chair.

"I'll return it, after lunch." Copper Finish thought, not as worried about it as before.

Rarity looked over at Copper Finish and flashed a small grin. Then the waiter returned with drinks on his tray.

"Here you go." The waiter said, "One grape and raspberry punch and two lemonades."

"Thanks." Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle said.

"Thank you, good sir." Rarity said elegantly.

"Now, may I take your orders?" The waiter asked politely, notepad at the ready.

"Yes, I'll have steamed carrots and mashed potatoes, please." Copper Finish said.

"I'll take the Greenfield Salad with zesty Manehatten dressing." Rainbow Dash said.

"Better make it two, please." Fire Bolt said.

"Carrot and pea soup, will do." Rarity said, still being elegant.

"Hay fries, please." Sweetie Belle said.

"Hay fries for me, too. But make mine extra crispy." Scootaloo said.

"Alright," the waiter said, writing on his notepad, "I'll be back as soon as they're ready."

Then the waiter walked away. Rarity looked back at Copper Finish.

"I see that, both you and Fire Bolt, have gotten passed your little, ahem, dispute." Rarity said, "And might I say, you look rather dashing without your hat."

Copper Finish brushed his mane to one side and smiled.

"Thanks, but that's not my hat." Copper Finish said, "According to Rainbow Dash, it belongs to Applejack's dad."

Rarity's face changed from mildly happy, to unsettling dread. Making Copper Finish feel like he had said something wrong.

"How did you get it?" Rarity asked, staring at the hat.

Copper Finish started biting his bottom lip. He knew that if he told the truth, it could be taken as something else entirely. Plus, with the fillies within earshot, it was a topic not meant for them to hear.

"Actually, Rarity," Copper Finish said in a low voice, "perhaps that's something we should talk about, when there aren't younger ponies around."

Rarity gave Copper Finish a look that made him uncomfortable.

"Very well." Rarity said, "We will discuss it, after lunch."

Copper Finish started to feel guilt wash over him. Then the waiter arrived with their food and they ate. But Copper Finish wasn't as hungry as before. He stirred his potatoes and poked at the carrots, eating only a little of it. Copper Finish wanted to know why that hat was so important, but he didn't want to tell anypony about how he got it. But he knew it was the right thing to do.


"Copper Finish!" Applejack called as she reached the door to the Little Puffer, "Copper Finish, ya in there?"

Knock, knock, knock!

She knocked on the door, but nopony answered. Applejack wanted two things from Copper Finish. The first, was her hat. While the second, was information about the night before. Both seemed very important to her, but since Copper Finish wasn't on his train, they would have to wait. Applejack also wanted to sound convincing, but how could she be? She wasn't very good at lying or pretending.

"Great, just fantastic." Applejack thought sarcastically, "Copper Finish ain't nowhere nearby and I don't even know where he could be."

Applejack still had Copper Finish's hat and looked at the photo inside. The photo showed Copper Finish standing with four other ponies. Two middle aged ponies standing behind Copper Finish, a young mare, and another young stallion. The young mare was a light green unicorn with blue eyes, a brown mane, and looked to be a year, or so, younger than Applejack. While the other young stallion was a tan earth pony with green eyes, a black mane, and looked to be two or three years older than Copper Finish.

"I get the feelin'," Applejack thought, starting to calm down, "these ponies are his family."

Then she looked at the two middle aged ponies.

"Well now," she thought, staring at the photo with interest, "that's something ya don't expect."

The mare was a light green unicorn pony with rectangular glasses, green eyes, and a brown mane with silver streaks. But the stallion looked very different. He was a dark red earth pony with brown eyes, and a thin black mane. It confused Applejack, because of how different they were. It wasn't what she was expecting to see. Because Copper Finish was from Canterlot and most of the ponies from there were unicorns.

"Makes one wonder how ya'll met." Applejack thought, smiling down at the photo.

She put the hat back on her head and was about to leave, when she saw Twilight standing on the train platform.

"Howdy, Twilight." Applejack called, waving to her friend.

Twilight looked over to where Applejack was. She smiled and walked over to her.

"Hey, Applejack, how are you?" Twilight asked.

"I'm doin' alright, yerself?" Applejack replied.

"Not bad." Twilight said, "Have you seen Copper Finish? I need to talk to him about those crates."

She pointed at the loaded flatbed. The crates were stacked on Copper Finish's steam wagon, because there wasn't anywhere else to put them. Applejack looked at the crates with curiosity.

"What's in 'em?" Applejack asked, "Somethin' for Princess Celestia?"

"Actually," Twilight said, "only two of them are for her. The others are for Copper Finish. But I don't know what's in them."

Applejack moved closer to the flatbed. She noticed that one of the crates had a crack in it.

"Maybe this one'll give ya a clue." Applejack said, looking at the crate.

Twilight hovered over to the cracked crate and peeked inside. From what she could tell, there were several different metal pieces. But she couldn't quite tell what they were, without opening the crate.

"I'll bet Copper Finish is going to try and make another Calliope." Twilight said.

"Another Callio-what?" Applejack asked, confused by the sound of the name.

Twilight landed and faced her friend.

"You know, that big musical machine he had, at the Grand Galloping Gala." Twilight said.

Applejack thought for a moment and remembered what Twilight was talking about. Then she remembered dancing with Copper Finish and started to blush.

"Yeah, I remember that night." Applejack stammered, "One of the best nights of my life."

Twilight noticed the look on Applejacks face and grinned.

"Yeah, it was." Twilight said, "It got even more interesting, when you started dancing with Copper Finish."

"I've never danced that good, before." Applejack said in a normal voice, "I don't really understand how I got that good, so fast."

"I've got a theory," Twilight said, still grinning, "but you'll probably think it's dumb."

Applejack looked at Twilight, curious to know what she was thinking.

"No, I won't." Applejack said, "Why would I think it's dumb?"

"Because you wouldn't believe me." Twilight said.

"Yes, I would." Applejack said as suspense began setting in.

"No, you wouldn't." Twilight said, enjoying the moment.

"Why not?!" Applejack asked, almost as if it would free her from a dungeon, "If it involves me, then I wanna know!"

"Are you sure?" Twilight asked, smiling at the amount of concentration on Applejack's face.

Applejack put a hoof to her face and sighed heavily.

"Oh, for the love of..." Applejack groaned, annoyed by the game Twilight was playing, "Just tell me, already! What's y're theory?"

Twilight moved closer to Applejack and put a hoof on her shoulder.

"You like him, don't you?" Twilight asked, smiling confidently, "You want to make him your special somepony."

Applejack's face changed from annoyed to embarrassed and ashamed. She did like him, but she didn't want to show it. Applejack had been pretending not to be attracted to Copper Finish, since the Grand Galloping Gala. She wanted to see him again after that, but she didn't because of what Copper Finish was. At first, Applejack believed that he was an uptight, high-society loving pony from Canterlot. And that he would only see an apple loving, dusty farm pony. That's what she was afraid of. But, after the incident, involving the fillies and his train, Applejack realized that Copper Finish wasn't afraid of getting his hooves dirty or putting himself in harm's way. And after hearing Copper Finish say that he was moving to Ponyville, made her even more happy. But she still wasn't entirely sure about him.

"What?! No, I don't!" Applejack said, brushing Twilight's hoof off of her shoulder and trying to sound convincing.

"Yes, you do. I can tell." Twilight said.

"R-Really? How can ya tell?" Applejack asked, shaking a little bit.

"Because, you're wearing his hat." Twilight said, pointing to the hat, "And you look nervous being around his train."

Applejack took off the hat again and looked at it.

"How'd ya know this was his?" Applejack asked, looking at the photo for a second time.

"I've seen him wearing it." Twilight replied, "Plus, it's hard to miss the initials 'C.F.' on the brim."

Applejack put the hat back on and looked at Twilight.

"I suppose y're wonderin' how I got it, right?" Applejack said, hoping Twilight would say, "no."

"Yeah. Actually, I am." Twilight replied as a big grin appeared on her face.

Applejack took a deep breathe, because she knew that she couldn't hide the truth. But she knew that Twilight was trustworthy and, hopefully, won't overreact. However, Applejack was afraid of what Twilight would think of her after.

"Alright, here's the honest to goodness truth." Applejack began.


Copper Finish lead the group out of the restaurant and started walking down the street. Rarity walked next to him and nudged his shoulder. Causing him to look directly at her face, which appeared to be impatient. Copper Finish knew what she wanted from him, but didn't feel like he had the heart to tell the truth. But he stopped walking and looked at Fire Bolt and Rainbow Dash.

"Could you two take the fillies and give us a moment, please?" Copper Finish said as dread began to settle into his mind.

"Uh, yeah, sure thing, Coppa." Fire Bolt replied.

"We'll catch up with you later. Come on, girls." Rainbow Dash said, waving to the fillies.

Copper Finish waited until they were out of earshot. Then he motioned for Rarity to follow him and continued walking in the opposite direction.

"Are you sure, you want to hear this?" Copper Finish asked, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Yes, I'm very curious as to how you got Applejack's hat." Rarity said, growing more impatient.

Copper Finish took a deep breathe, but at this point, Rarity seemed to be the only pony to talk to. He was only hoping that she wouldn't think of him as some kind of creep.

"She, uh... I..." Copper Finish stammered, trying to find the right words.

It took him a moment to calm down enough to speak clearly.

"We slept in the train together." Copper Finish said quickly.


Twilight was bewildered by what she just heard. Her jaw dropped to the ground. Making Applejack believe that she was thinking of something different.

"No, it wasn't anythin' like that!" Applejack exclaimed.


"Then what would you call it, then?!" Rarity replied, looking squarely at Copper Finish's ashamed expression.

"I don't know, but I couldn't just leave her in the pouring rain!" He said, trying to defend himself, "I had to do something!"


"So you accepted his invitation, without asking any questions?!" Twilight asked, still bewildered, "Applejack, you don't even know him that well."

"He seems nice enough an' I woke up this mornin', thinkin' the exact same thing!" Applejack replied, starting to get angry, "So don't tell me, what could've happened and tell me what I should do about what did!"


"Well, you've got to tell her, now." Rarity said, "I think you've made it very obvious and there's no possible way of covering this up."

"What?! No, I can't do that!" Copper Finish exclaimed, "Do you have any Idea what might happen if I do that?"


"Do you?" Twilight asked, getting back to her senses.

"Well... Uh..." Applejack stammered, lowering her head to the ground in defeat and tears forming in her green eyes.


Copper Finish stopped walking and leaned against a brick wall. Rarity walked in front of him and lowered her head, looking up at his drooping face.

"Look at me." Rarity said, trying to sound comforting.

Copper Finish didn't look up.

"Copper Finish, look at me, please." Rarity repeated, more sternly.


Applejack looked up at her friend, tears rolling down her face.

"Do you like him?" Twilight asked, trying to comfort her.

"Y-Yeah, but he's from Canterlot." Applejack said, wiping away the tears, "And he works for royalty. How can I top that?"


"Yes, it's true, " Rarity said, putting a hoof on Copper Finish's shoulder, "she is an element bearer. However, I am too. Yet, you don't mind having me as a friend."

Copper Finish's ears perked up at the sound of that.

"In reality," Rarity continued, "you don't have to 'top' anything. Because, she's a lot like you."


"How do ya know that?" Applejack asked curiously.

"Let's look at the facts." Twilight said, "You both are hard working, always ready to help a friend, the things you both make are loved by all, you both have a hard time telling ponies how you actually feel, you both prefer open country surroundings, instead of crowded cities, and you're both very brave."


Copper Finish cracked a shy smile.

"So, when are you going to tell her?" Rarity asked.

It took Copper Finish a moment to answer, but he found the right words.

"I'll tell her when I'm moved in."

Rarity smiled and was about to walk away, to find the others, when she remembered something important.

"Oh! And there's one more thing you should know." Rarity said.

"What is it?" Copper Finish replied, feeling confident.


"Applejack!" Big Macintosh called from the station.

Applejack looked over at her brother. She almost forgot about her chores at home.

"I've gotta go, Twi." Applejack said, giving Twilight the hat, "Can ya give this to Copper, the next time ya see him?"

"Sure." Twilight said, taking hold of the hat, "Hey, you only used his first name."

Applejack flashed a confident smile and walked back to her brother. Leaving Twilight holding Copper Finish's hat and waiting for him to come back.


"O-On second thought, Rarity, could you take the hat back?" Copper Finish stammered, after hearing about Applejack's big brother.

He took the hat off and held it in front of her, waiting for her to take it.

"Oh, don't worry." Rarity assured him, "Big Mac isn't going to hurt you."

"That's not a chance, I'm willing to take right now." Copper Finish insisted, still holding the hat, "Just, please, bring it back to her."

Rolling her eyes, Rarity surrounded the hat in a magical aura and took it from him.

"At least you're willing to tell her." Rarity said, "Now, go find Fire Bolt, go home, and pack your things. I expect see a steam mechanic in town, soon."

"Well, a steam mechanic/engineer needs a workshop." Copper Finish said, feeling less nervous, "I'll ask Princess Celestia if she'll have her best builders make it."

After that Copper Finish shook hooves with Rarity and left to find Fire Bolt.