• Published 29th Oct 2015
  • 637 Views, 15 Comments

The Checklist - ProbableSarcasm



A tormented mind with a crimson brick road he traveled down, Dusk Shine did not become Celestia's personal student. With six mares head over hooves for him, making the cut is a challenge but he controls the chopping block.

  • ...
8
 15
 637

Sincere Lover's Sinister Sin

A mosquito landed on the leg of the purple stallion, it plunges it’s nozzle-like nose into his flesh and begins to drain his life essence. His hoof slammed down and squashed the bug instantly, obliterating the poor insect. He grinned at it’s demise, maybe if he was on a internal hunt for insects that dare to cross his path he wouldn’t have gone down this dark road trip that insanity is.

Is it right to call him insane, after all, he’s doing the world a favor. One less mosquito to plague the world of all that’s going to suck all that is innocent from the world. Met at the demise of Dusk Shine; Darkly, Deviously, Dreadfully Dreaming Dusk Shine. Any insect to cross his line of sight is to be obliterated with extreme prejudice, in the court of The Dark Passenger and himself.

Dusk Shine sat up from his desk face plant, in front of him was a series of finished assignment with scribbles about this problem being incorrect or this mathematical formula is impossible – basically homework. Completed homework. Oh how the assignments are just dull now, the semester of Advanced Magic University for Gifted Unicorns were running out of skilled teachers to teach the stallion anything new.

I like the school, but there’s not much to learn. I practically passed, flying colors as well. I am not returning to the school.

Speaking of colors… what’s this?

Dusk Shine lit up his horn and held up a colorful sheet of paper close to his face. The author’s penmanship is top notch, not even Dusk Shine could match that sort of writing with years of careful letter placement. How this escaped his eyes last night goes beyond him, doesn’t matter why.

“Dusk Shine,
How would you like to meet after class to discuss the details of running for SCT (Student, Council, and Teacher) President and what troubles you faced to even attempt at democracy?
Blogger…”

I didn’t run for SCT President...

Dusk Shine knew Blogger, she was in the majority of his classes. Blogger was the journalist, really pretty in today’s standards, but completely not Dusk Shine’s type—not like Dusk Shine had a type. This mare had the blushes for Dusk Shine for the longest, she would not take no for an answer – Dusk Shine felt bad about it.

I feel bad because I’m never going to feel that fire for her, or for any one.

That, and I’m moving out of Canterlot.

Hopefully a new scenery will be beneficial to support my needs.

“Dusky!” screamed Shining Armor, yelling from the hall way. Dusk Shine groaned at his use of his pet name he got from his parents, finding it completely uncalled for. Dusk Shine pushed himself away from his desk with a scowl, if he could love he’d love his sister but he somehow finds a way to get under his skin. “Get your lazy ass up!”

“It’s almost four in the morning!” complained Dusk Shine, he rubbed his eyes disdainfully. Sleep was not part of his checklist last night, he literally just fell asleep a mere two hours ago. Dusk Shine kicked the crimson stained tools back under his bed, making paintings was a disaster recovery to his own personal cleanliness. “At least give me time to prepare!”

Dusk Shine opened the "211th Books" box and took out a sheet of paper with red writing.

The only thing left on The Checklist is “execute”.

Tonight’s the night, and it’s going to happen again and again.

It has to.

Dusk Shine pulled out the last box in his room to the side, looking and watching over the barren walls now. Dusk Shine left everything intact with the exception of The Checklist, that has to stay with Dusk Shine – no matter what. Making another would not be the best, thinking about replacing the Checklist horrified Dusk Shine slightly.

There's a peocess to rewriting The Checklist if the blood doesn't work anymore.

It’s moving day.

Good thing I came prepared—

Dusk Shine opened his closet and pulled out a black trash bag, he dug through the bag to pull out a can of Blue Bull energy drink. He cracked the can opened with his magic and watched the foam flow to the top and bottom of the aluminum can.

Bottom’s up, I guess.


He will not let up, regardless of how many times I tell him that I am not depressed.

I can’t be depressed.

I can’t feel emotion.

The Checklist dictates how I can pretend to be like everyone else, a mask to cover the monster inside. A wall to hide the mind of a psychologically damaged stallion. A persona to hide a mentality much more ill than your wildest dreams.

Great, the voices are back. Giddy.

“A librarian,” deadpanned Shining Armor, he shoves a box off of the golden chariot and looked up at Dusk Shine’s house, his new home. “A stallion as smart as you are, could possibly find the cure to cancer, and you waste your talents as a librarian?! You could have been Celestia’s personal student or something!”

“We’ve been over this,” replied Dusk with haste, he carried the boxes of books off of the chariot. Dusk Shine held the box in his magic while also flipping through his saddlebag to find the house key. “I live for books, I love magic. Get it; magic is love, books are life.”

Shining Armor scoffed. “You’re such a fucking geek I can taste it.”

That foul-mouthed stallion who followed me to my new home from my parents’ home is my brother. He’s nice, but I wouldn’t cross him.

Dusk Shine looked at the scars on the bottom of his hooves, they were self-inflicted; Dusk Shine had to commence a Rewriting Process of The Checklist. Shining Armor obviously didn’t see what Dusk Shine saw, what Dusk Shine saw was the consequence of his standard procedure to copy down the rules of his life with his own life essence. Shining Armor was not happy about the scars, neither were the confused psychologists.

Dusk Shine had rules about his life.

First Rule: Do not share the torment, even to helping hooves.

Second Rule: Guard The Checklist at all times, never break the sequence order on the Checklist.

A little while later, Dusk Shine sat in his empty house. The Golden Oaks Library, in the outskirts of town – there’s not a chance Dusk Shine was living by the Everfree Forest, the middle of town would be impossible to navigate peacefully.

Alone, he was. The only furniture in sight was bookshelves, a sofa, and a coffee table. Dusk Shine went to one of the cardboard boxes and opened the box with the words “211th Books”

The Checklist.

Oh the sweet relief of order in his life, straighten the tormented mind.

Dusk Shine dug through the box and pulled out Cracker Jack and lifted her on his shoulders.

Time to go to the kill room.

Dusk Shine had already set up the Kill Room along with an exit strategy that will only work today.

Only for today.

Cracker Jack’s light breathing brushed against Dusk Shine’s body, she twitched in her sleep.

Dusk Shine used his magic to open the door to his plastic covered basement, he flicked on the lights.

Plastic.

Table.

Walls.

Pictures.

Evidence.

Cracker Jack the Poisonous rival to Bon-Bon met her final resting place.

The thunder and rain in Dusk Shine’s mind silence themselves as he watched the mare on the plastic covered metal table, she was strapped down from her head to her hoof tips. His eyes gaze her body, feelings void from his body. She was beautiful, as far as feme fatale goes. Not Dusk Shine’s type, again, not like Dusk Shine can feel love or lust.

Should I use the power saw or a screw driver?

Dusk Shine’s mind grew heavy again, frizzling his brain. His eyes viewed only in a tunnel, he’s not following The Checklist – he has to execute. He has to take this mare’s life, Dusk Shine caught her eyes opening.

“D…Dexterity…?” called out Cracker Jack, Dusk Shine felt his mind melt with the sound of fear in her voice. The fear of death, Dusk Shine loved hearing it on their breath. “D-Dexter?”

“Hello, my darling,” said Dusk Shine casually, toying with the screwdriver in his hooves. Dusk Shine felt bored with the options he had, however, to his right was another tool – Giddy how Dusk Shine felt. “I thought you weren’t going to wake up, from all of the sugars you swallow I thought your heart was not healthy enough for tranquilizers.”

“Why can’t I move…?” Cracker Jack struggled against her restraints, Dusk Shine gave a irritated look before looking back at the took with a memorized look. “D…Dexterity… this isn’t funny…”

“Don’t call me that,” said Dusk Shine as he sharply shoved his hoof tip on her unicorn horn, holding her still as he takes his scalpel and make a delicate slice on her cheek. Dusk Shine took a pique and placed the nozzle on her cut, he took a small amount of blood and donated it to a blood slide. Cracker Jack whimpered. “It’s not my name, at least not my real name.”

“Cracker Jack, no relation to Apple Jack of Sweet Apple Acres… you are a poisonous female in this town…” Dusk Shine shot his eyes down at her, she was breathing heavily with her eyes bulging out of their sockets. Dusk Shine lowered his scalpel to her mouth. “If you scream, I’ll take your tongue.”

“Why… why are you doing this…?” feebly asked Cracker Jack, she moved her eyes to the right to find pictures of seemingly random ponies. Dusk Shine removed his scalpel, he dropped it in a bowl of warm water. Cracker Jack looked at the row of ponies, six ponies, all of them deceased. Dusk Shine watched them with her. “I thought you love me…”

“Remember them?” asked Dusk Shine, he traced his hoof along the frame of a young blue colt. “They weren’t your biggest customers—in fact, they criticized you.”

“I don’t… I don’t know…” lied Cracker Jack as she struggled more, Dusk Shine simply placed his hooves and tightly gripped her horn. "I didn't do anything, please, Dexterity!"

“I don’t care if you admit it or not, you’re still going to die,” mused Dusk Shine darkly, he turned around on his hooves to grab the object he was looking for. He levitated the tool into his magic and pulled the cord, the roar of the engine filled the air and drowned out the panicking screams of the mare below him. "You couldn't take criticism, not even from a twelve year old. So you used ricin to sweeten things up, purposely."

Chainsaws are effective way to spice things up in the bedroom.

Dusk Shine placed a ball gag in her mouth as he lowered the chainsaw to her neck. He began his nullification of her body.

Finally, the chaos has subsided. For now.