• Published 4th Jan 2017
  • 3,401 Views, 10 Comments

My Little Gumball: Friendship is Amazing - HeartlessNobody1992



Gumball makes friends with the Mane Six while having some strange yet amazing adventures.

  • ...
10
 10
 3,401

The Introductions

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! I'm glad to see that there have been some good reviews I got for the story and hope that it continues. Also I apologize for the late upload, for I was pretty busy with family matters and some health problems (and me being a forgetful dunce), so I hope you all can forgive me for that. Now this chapter takes a few minutes after the defeat of of Nightmare Moon all the way to the end of the second episode.

Now, as always, be sure to leave some good honest criticism for the story and how it's being written and going so far. And also, don't forget to stay 20% Awesome and have a great day! -HeartlessNobody1992 :yay:

It has been one of the weirdest; if not, the craziest moment in Gumball's life. Well, at least in his opinion, that is.

He thought it all to be one big, horrible dream, one that he couldn't wake from. But due to his luck (if he had any at all), Gumball just couldn't get the satisfactory of getting to deny on what happened hours earlier. Even get a chance to call it inconceivable. Gumball remembered the whole thing like it was yesterday...which to be honest, it was several hours ago...


*Flashback*

Everything was pitch black and to Gumball, it seemed that time had been passing by. Like he was sleeping or something. And during that time was passing by, he has been hearing voices (he figured that it was his siblings).

"Excuse me sir, are you alright?"

Gumball's face scrunched up as he turned to his right side, trying to swat away the owner of the voice in his slumber.

"Cut it out, Anais. I'm trying to sleep." he mumbled sleepily.

"Anais? My, my, Twilight, it seems that this young fellow seemed to hit his head during that ghastly fall of his."

Twilight? Why did that specific name sound so familiar? Gumball tried to think of where he heard it from but he couldn't for the life of it.....

"U-um, e-excuse me but um...what do we do now? That is, if you don't mind me by asking..." asked a quiet, timid sounding voice.

"Well I'll tell you what we're gonna do; we're not wait any longer for this guy to wake up!" a brash, yet confident voice added her thought.

"Rainbow Dash, wait! What in tarnation are you goin' to do?" asked a female southern sounding voice

"Relax, A. J., I got this!" the same cocky voice replied.

So far everything was quiet and peaceful for a few moments; or at least that was Gumball thought at first. And the next thing he knew, Gumball felt the painful jolt of electricity coursing through his body, in which immediately woke him straight into consciousness. Twitching in pain, he tried to find the exact location of where that excruciating pain came from but only manage to gaze at six colorful ponies, with one of them resting on what appeared to be a small thunder cloud, laughing like a maniac.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?! Are you hurt?!" asked the purple unicorn in a worried voice as she turned back to the boisterous cyan horse with wings on the cloud with a scowl on her muzzle. "Why did you do that Rainbow Dash?! You know you could've seriously injured him!"

After regaining her breath, the rainbow maned pegasus that the purple one dubbed 'Rainbow Dash' looked back down to her with a smirk on her face. "What difference does it make? The point is that he's already awake. Plus, I don't like to wait, it wastes time."

'Oh man, I guess it wasn't a dream after all...' Gumball thought with a shocked look on his face.

"I swear dear, you can be compulsively brash sometimes..." the white unicorn sighed in a pish-posh sounding kind of voice, "however, I think that it's quite impolite to not introduce ourselves to our new guest, hmm?"

"Rarity's right, I guess the time for talk is over and we should start with introductions," the purple unicorn agreed. "I'll go first." She then turns to face Gumball with a welcoming smile. "Hello there, my name is Twilight Sparkle," the violet pony said, pointing a hoof to herself. Then she raised her left hoof over to the orange stetson wearing pony next to her. "and this pony here is Applejack."

"Howdy there, pardner!" the orange equine greeted with a smile on her face as she tipped her hat. She then looked towards to the pink, jittery pony that was sitting next to her left side. "And this right here is-"

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie, are you new here because I know everypony in Ponyville! And I throw a lot of parties for ponies who are new in Ponyville; so do you like parties because I host the best kinds of parties that you'd ever seen! Also do you like cupcakes? Because I make the best tasting cupcakes that you've ever tasted as well as cakes, donuts, some candy but not all because that's Bon-Bon's job and I don't like to take away other ponies' jobs because-hmph!" the excited pink pony who was dubbed Pinkie Pie kept talking rapidly by the second until a cyan hoof covered her mouth suddenly.

"I think he kinda gets it by now, Pinkie." the rainbow maned horse said in an annoyed kind of voice, then turned her way towards the blue feline "What's up? I'm Rainbow Dash, the fastest flyer in all of Ponyville, heck maybe in all of Equestria!" the brash pegasus exclaimed both loudly and proudly.

"My, my, aren't you the most humble mare I've ever met." the vanilla colored unicorn uttered to the now named Rainbow Dash with an exhasusted look, then turned her attention towards the blue cat. "It's nice to meet you darling, my name is Rarity, and I am Ponyville's top fashionista and owner of the town's local boutique." Then she took a glance at Gumball's tattered clothes, then gasped loudly in what appeared to be both shock and mild horror. "My word darling! Just look at your clothes! It looks like you've been caught in one of Rainbow Dash's 'flying practices'!"

"Hey!" the flying cyan pony shouted, at the fashionista, while jumping off of the storm cloud. But was then alas quickly ignored by the very same unicorn.

Then Rarity quickly regained her composure and then turned her attention to the butterscotch-colored pegasus to her left side, while gesturing her left hoof towards her. "And now this sweet little mare right here is-"

"Oh my, aren't you just the most cutest little thing!" the yellow-colored pony exclaimed while quickly grabbing Gumball in a crushing bear hug, while she nuzzled him with her muzzle. Which was making Gumball's face even...well, 'blue-er' from the lack of oxygen.

"Uh, sugarcube;" Applejack spoke up. "Ah think ya might be hugging the fella there a little too much..."

Then, Fluttershy stopped and took a look at Gumball for a second and let out a gasp and lets go of Gumball just as quickly as she started 'hugging' him, while covering her muzzle with her hooves.

"Oh my, I-I'm so sorry! Its just that-that you looked so adorable, just like an cute little kitten...and I tend to take care of some animals at my home back in town. S-So, I hope you can forgive me, that is, if you don't mind..." she said, quietly at the last part, hiding her muzzle under her mane, looking at him, shyly.

Gumball then started gasping desperately to gather some air to help him breathe again. Then he turned his towards the direction of the shy pegasus. "N-nah it's fine, I-I was just surprised, that's all." the blue cat panted, slowly breathing up air in his lungs.

Fluttershy blushed in slight embarrassment, albeit smiled knowing no harm was done. Meanwhile, Twilight walked up next to the yellow pegasus, looking towards Gumball with a curious look on her face.

"Well, at least you know who we all are, but I believe that you haven't introduced yourself yet. Who are you exactly?"

Gumball then turned his attention towards Twilight's direction then gave her a friendly smile. "Ah that's right, I guess I should've introduce myself by now. My name is Gumball; Gumball Watterson. It's nice to meet you all, I guess."

Twilight then raised her eyebrow in curiosity. "Gumball huh? Well, that's a 'unique' kind of name but a name never-the-less. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise." Gumball said while looking around the surrounding area which was covered with dusty, old ruins, then looks back to the other six colorful equines. "Anyways, if you all don't mind me by asking a little Q n' A myself: where exactly am I?"

"Oh! That's right," Twilight said as her eyes raised as she was reminded where they all were. "You, as well as us, are at the ruins of the Castle of the Two Sisters-"

"No, no, no," Gumball interrupted, waving his arms back and forth from side to side. "What I mean is...'WHERE'...am I?"

Twilight expression on her face soon turned into one of complete understanding , giving her an 'oh' expression. "Oh right, sorry..." she then looked at him, blushing with mild embarrassment, then smiled at him once more. "You reside in the land of Equestria; home of us ponies, which is full of unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies!"

Equestria? Why did that sound all too familiar? Unless...wait a minute, the show! The very same t.v. show he was watching with Anais! Somehow, he must've gotten transported into the show without knowing when his t.v. started acting all wonky. 'Fantastic, Gumball...' he thought to himself glumfully, holding his face in both his hands. 'Somehow, you got transported into the very cartoon show you and Anais was watching without even realizing it! Just great! Just what else is gonna happen next...?'.

Suddenly, he and the other six ponies heard a noise right behind them, like someone or something was groaning. They all turned around and saw a midnight blue colored alicorn waking up from where the pedestal was to which where Twilight and the others defeated Nightmare Moon. She happened to look like the tyrannical alicorn, but somehow she looked...smaller.

She seemed to be different than she originally was before. Also, she had a lighter shade of night-like blue fur all around her with an even lighter shade of blue mane, while wearing what appeared to a small black tiara shaped crown that is resting upon her head, with a crescent moon resting upon her flank.

'Well,' Gumball thought, 'that's not too much of a surprise I was thinking of getting.'

Suddenly, without any signs of warning, a bright light soon started to shine behind the blue cat and the six ponies, which grew even brighter by how close it came to the others, allowing them to cover their eyes so as not to get blinded. Then the lights soon faded away to show the sight of the newcomer. She had the same appearance as the small blue alicorn, only taller with a milk colored fur and the majestic, wavy multicolored mane that seemed that to be blowing in the wind. She like the others had a symbol on her flank, in the form of a sun.

'Okay, THAT...' Gumball looked on with a blank look on his face. 'That's the surprise that I was expecting.' Suddenly, he began to noticed all of the other ponies bowing before the white alicorn, all except the lavender unicorn.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight called out in happiness, running towards the majestic equine, which then both began to nuzzle one another, affectionately.

"Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student." the latter named alicorn princess said in grateful happiness. "I knew you could do it."

"But...you told me it was an old pony tale." the violet unicorn said as she looked up at the multicolored alicorn in confusion tilting her head sideways.

"I told you that you need to make some friends." Celestia said as she stood majestically with her left front hoof raised. "Nothing more."

She looked out to see the other five ponies. "I saw the signs of Nightmare Moon's return and I knew it was you that the magic inside to defeat her but she could not unleash it until true friendship into your heart." She then continued to look at the others, until she caught Gumball in her sight, a bit confused and surprised.

"Well, it seems that you made even more friends than I originally thought," she muttered, taking a bit of interest at the sight of the blue cat. "And what is your name, young one?"

Now, you would think that Gumball would be suave and a bit sophisticated when the time finally came to meet someone that came close to royalty, let alone a princess. A princess that probably has enough money to by you, your family, your friends and your town a hundred times over, right? Right?

"H-HI! G-GUMBALL...MY N-NAME...!"

No...apparently not.

Gumball was a bit TOO nervous to give himself an embarrassed facepalm, seeing at the weirded out looks of the ponies (Celestia included) and the shocked, horrified look that was on Twilight's...face? Muzzle? He can't tell.

'Great, good job Gumball, you doofus!' the blue cat scolded at himself mentally. 'Now the ponies and the giant horse princess is going to think that you're a complete weirdo! Ugh, what is my life?'

"Oh my! I'm so terribly sorry, Princess Celestia;" Twilight exclaims while glaring at Gumball a bit. "You see, he's a bit of an uneducated outsider and-"

Honestly, Gumball couldn't tell if she was insulting him or telling the truth. He was about to apologize to the princess for his outburst until everyone (er, pony for that matter) heard a bit of laughter coming from the regal alicorn, looking at the violet colored bookworm and the blue furred feline.

"It's alright, my dear pupil. He's just as excited to meet someone like me, am I right?" She says as she looks upon our dear pussycat protagonist, to which he stood at attention and nodded at her.

"Y-Yeah! I'm very excited! So very excited!" Gumball exclaimed, as he gives her a sheepish grin, trying his best not to embarrass himself any further.

Celestia smiled down at him, knowingly. "Good. Now..." she says as she looks up at the throne, seeing the smaller alicorn gathering her bearings. "Onto more important matters."

She walks upon through Twilight and Gumball heading her way towards the now cowarding smaller alicorn, with worry evident upon her muzzle; however, Celestia saw this and begin to speak to her, gently.

"Princess Luna," she began speaking, as the now identified blue alicorn listened. "It has been a thousand years since I have seen you like this." She then knelt down in front of her, looking at her at eye level. "It is time to our differences behind us. We were meant to rule together, little sister."

"Sister?!" Twilight and the other ponies said in surprise. However, Gumball's reaction was a bit more...less than surprised.

'Duh, duh, DUH! What a twist.' he thought to himself, fighting the urge to roll his eyes at the sudden "realization".

The taller alicorn princess stood up, looking down at Princess Luna with her warm, gentle eyes. "Will you accept my friendship?" She asked as the younger princess was thinking the offer over, leaving the six ponies to lean in suspense. Causing Pinkie Pie to fall forward on her muzzle. After all, even Gumball was kinda hoping for a good outcome. Even though he won't admit it out loud or anything.

'I mean, it's not like I'm actually prepared to face a magical super horse, seeing is how I got NO magical qualities of my own. Let alone some armor or weapons to defend myself with!' he thought to himself in a bit of annoyance.

Princess Luna looked at the ground a bit more, then she ran up to Celestia, nuzzling against her, crying. "I'm so sorry! I've missed you so much, big sister!" while Celestia, nuzzled her in return, causing her to shed tears of happiness herself, in finally having her sister come back home after a thousand years.

"I've missed you too." Celestia told her younger sister, her happy emotions being shown through her tears.

Gumball had to look away from the sight, having to sniff his nose a bit, while trying to wipe some droplets of liquids from his eyes, while pretending to yawn.

Shut up, he wasn't crying. He was very sleepy. And nothing more.

However, during the emotional moment, he heard the sound of somebody blowing their nose and looked over to see Pinkie Pie with a tissue in hand (er, hoof), crying. It started out a bit small at first and then, she started to cry out loud, with her tears became like a fountain, almost all cartoon-like.

'Right,' he suddenly realized. 'it's a girl's cartoon show that I got sucked into. Silly me to forget.' he smacked his forehead, lightly.

"Hey!" Pinkie Pie said after she suddenly stopped crying. "You know what this calls for?"

Suddenly, Gumball's curiosity peaked again at the idea that the cotton candy colored equine must have. But after watching the first part of the episode, he only thought that might be going through her mind is...


"A PARTY!" Pinkie Pie exclaims as she throws confetti in the air, while the other ponies in the background run around in joining the celebration.

'Yeah...' Gumball thought, nodding to himself. 'I thought so.' However, to be completely fair, he was never one to deny partying if he could help it.

He then followed the other ponies, who didn't pay him no mind as they headed straight forward towards the arriving carriage, being carried by a lot of armored pegasi, to which Gumball suspected them to be Celestia's Royal Guards, with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna rode upon.

He then suddenly saw Spike, who passed through the crowd full of ponies, who went straight towards Twilight and gave her a hug, who then gladly returned it in full. Then he watched as Celestia walk towards Twilight, smiling at her, with Princess Luna following behind her.

Then Twilight and her friends, as well as the rest of the ponies, bowed to both of them. And to make sure he won't catch any backlash from anyone, he in turn bowed to them as well. And as they were bowing, he caught a glimpse of two young pegasus ponies and put some flowered branches on Luna's shoulders, causing her to look at them in surprise.

Celestia looked down at her sister, who was still looking upon the flower branches, smiling at her; which Luna then smiled back at her, grateful for the gift.

As Gumball was enjoying the moment, he then saw Twilight on the sidelines, watching the moment with a thoughtful look on her face, then put her head down in a bit of sadness. And that was all was Gumball needed to go and try to cheer somebody, er, somepony up. He then walks towards he, passing by the other ponies, who still didn't mind him at all.

"Hey there," Gumball called out to Twilight, who looked up at him. "Why the long face?" he smiled at her, trying his best not to laugh at the unintentional pun he just made, to which the violet colored mare's only response was a deadpan look, to which Gumball replied sheepishly. "Right, sorry." then she looked back down at the ground with a bit of sadness.

"Why so glum, my faithful student?" As the two of them looked up to see Princess Celestia walked up to the both of them. "Are you not happy that you're quest is complete and return to your studies in Canterlot?"

"That's just it." Twilight spoke up. "Just when I learned how wonderful it is to have friends, I have to leave them."

Gumball looked over to see the other five ponies, with sad looks, seeing that they're going to lose a new friend. And to be fairly honest, it would suck to leave your friends behind, let alone the ones you already made.

Then he caught the smile that the princess gave her, then replied. "Spike, take a note please?" Then he saw as pulled out a piece of paper and a quill out of nowhere and then began writing.

"I, Princess Celestia, hereby decree that the unicorn, Twilight Sparkle, shall take on a new mission for Equestria." As she spoke, all of the town's ponies continued to listen in.

"She must continue to study the magic of Friendship. She must report to me, her findings from her new home, in Ponyville."

It was then Twilight went from feeling sad, to shock, then happiness in less than three seconds, as her new friends came standing by her, celebrating.

Yeah, as much as Gumball is glad about Twilight getting to stay in town with her new friends, he just can't take all this girly atmosphere. No offense, to them. Well, at least Twilight has a place that she can call home...wait a minute...oh no. Oh no! How could he forget?!

"I HAVE NO PLACE TO GO!" he suddenly bellowed, making the six ponies, dragon and Alicorn princess jump in mild shock.

Oh woe is he, for his luck just can't get better, can it?


*Flashback ends*

Well, in a way, it can. Seeing how he has no place to stay in a world completely foreign to him, Twilight offered a place for him to stay until he could return back home. Provided with Celestia's approval, of course, to which she didn't mind. As long as he has a place to stay and a roof over his head, he was content.

As much as he didn't like books (except comic books. They're the best.), it was a better alternative over staying at the ruins of a castle in a forest that seemed to have a mind of it's own. Besides, it didn't have the best roofing there, so no thank you. Man, if Anais was here, she'd be out of her mind with all this pony stuff.

"Oh yeah, that's right." Gumball said to himself. "I wonder what Anais is thinking about me vanishing? I mean, it's not like she's gonna be salty about my disappearance, right?"


Two hours.

It had been the exact time that Anais had been looking for Gumball ever since he suddenly vanished on her, leaving only her and her sleeping father on the couch. She had been going around looking for any signs of her brother and boy, when she finds him, she's gonna make sure that he's regrets it. She looked all over the house for him. His and Darwin's room? Nope. Her room? Thankfully not. Mom and Dad's room? Not a sign. The basement? No. The attic? She doubts it.

She thought of looking outside for him but she doubted that he'd stay out that long in the stormy rain. And that's the second thing that had agitated her. It seems that the storm had caused the family t.v. to act all wonky, making her miss her's and Gumball's time watching the show that she taped on a video tape.

"Man, this stinks." Anais grumbled under her breath. "When I find that stupid brother of mine, I'm gonna..."

Just then she heard the front door open, only to see a wet Darwin and Nicole walking into the house, carrying groceries. The look of ire was spread all over on the matriarch's face, not that Anais could blame her.

"Two and a half whole hours; spending time in a line in a grocery store." She heard her mother grumble. "And it was all because of a crazy old lady that kept yelling at workers while yelling at them into wanting to see the manager."

She then looked down at Darwin, handing him her grocery bags. "Darwin, could you go put these up for me, please?"

"Sure thing, Mrs. Mom!" Darwin said as he carried the bags to the kitchen, while trying not to run into the wall.

"I'm going to call Gumball down to help put them away." Nicole said as she stood at the foot of the stairs as she called out for her other son. "Gumball, sweetie I'm home. Could you please help Darwin put up the groceries?" She was only met with silence.

"Gumball, could you come down and help, please?" Again, silence only greeted her, which only made Nicole more irritated than the last.

"Gumball Watterson, if I have to come up there to drag you downstairs.." Nicole raised her voice as she walked up the stairs, promising punishments for her son. And as much as she wanted to stop her from looking for him, Anais knew that it would've been pointless. She just continued to look at the t.v. and the floor around it until she saw something.

A familiar piece of blue fur was stuck on the floor and a bit of charred hand prints was stuck on the sides of the t.v. She then looked at the television screen real close, then she thought she saw a faint image of a blue furred cat behind the static as it was talking to someone. Wait a minute, if Gumball's sudden disappearance was related to the storm, then could that possibly mean...?

"Anais?" the young rabbit girl's attention to the t.v. didn't last long as she saw the look on her mother's face somewhat mixed somewhere between worry and/or frustrated. "Honey, do you know where your brother is?"

"Uhhh..."