• Published 25th Aug 2015
  • 674 Views, 7 Comments

The Legend of Twilight: Ocarina of Time - sonicdash123



In the vast deep forest of Hyrule, a young colt named Charming Thunder lived alone with only Carrot Top as his friend. One fateful day, he was then summoned by the Great Deku Tree. This is where his quest began.

  • ...
5
 7
 674

Inside the Great Deku Tree

Charming Thunder and Cadence the Fairy arrived in a huge room in front of where they entered and they looked around as they felt amazed. "Wow!" Charming Thunder said. "I never knew that the inside of the tree would be this big."

"Focus, Charming," Cadence said. "This place will be crawling with monsters so watch out." Charming Thunder then noticed a huge web covering a hole leading to the bottom level. Charming Thunder tried to jump on it, but the web did not bother to break.

"If only we were on the high ground to break this web." Charming Thunder looked up to see two other levels. "One level above us will not be enough, but the third level might work." He then climbed up a vine to the second level and walked up to another vine which is crawling with small skultullas. "Well that's something. These skultulas are in the path to the third level. Even if I climb up, they'll attack me for sure."

"There's a door over there," Cadence said as she flew to the door she was referring to. Charming Thunder followed her into the room and came across a mad deku scrub. It fired at the unicorn, but he dodged the deku nut that was fired at him. When it fired again, Charming Thunder was quick enough to deflect it with the shield and hits it. The deku bounced out of its flower and cowered in fear.

"Ow-ow-ow!" the deku scrub said in pain as Charming Thunder pointed his sword at it. "Forgive me, master! If I give you a clue, will you let me go?"

"Be quick with your word before I change my mind," Charming Thunder said as he puts the sword away.

"I hear that there is a Fairy Slingshot on the other side of that door beside me. Please let me go. I have told you all I know."

"Go on then." Charming Thunder stepped aside and lets the deku scrub go.

"Thank you, kind sir." Charming Thunder and Cadence went through the door and sees a platform and another platform with a slingshot on the pedestal. Charming Thunder jumped on the platform and the other. He picked up the slingshot and puts it away. He then turned to prepare his jump back, but the platform collapsed to the ground and shattered to pieces.

"You're kidding me, right?" Charming Thunder looked around to see if there was another way and then sees something behind the vines. It was a ladder hanging there. He took out his slingshot and fired at it. The ladder then slid down to the ground as Charming Thunder jumped down to it and climbed up to exit this part of the dungeon. The duo then came back to the vine where the skultullas were still crawling on the vines. Charming Thunder took out the slingshot and fired at the two skultullas. They fell on the floor now lying dead as the route to the third floor is now open for him. Charming Thunder climbed up to the third floor and jumped off the vines to the wooden platform. The third floor had huge cobwebs surrounding the center of the room except for one opening. Charming Thunder walked up to the opening until he was suddenly ambushed by a big skulltula hanging from his web. The skulltula was then stupid enough to turn around to show its belly so Charming Thunder slashed it at the spot. The skulltula then collapsed to the ground and died laying on the floor. He then looked down from a great height and gulped.

"What's the matter, Charming?" Cadence asked. "You're not afraid of heights are you?"

"No. Of course not. I just didn't know that its....so....high....up." Charming Thunder gulped again and stood on the edge. He then closed his eyes and took a step then fell off the edge. He screamed in terror as he fell through the web ad somehow landed in the water. He popped out of the water an swam to dirt shore. He looked around the room and then sees another area of the room. He jumped up to the area and comes across another web covering another hole to go down. He then turned to see a torch next to him and hatched an idea. "We can burn this web, but where can I find a stick?" He looked around the room and encountered a deku baba. It tried to strike at him, but he dodged the attack and sliced its neck off. Charming Thunder then took off the stick that was used as its neck and lit it on fire at the torch. He then burned the cobweb and made an opening as he was still standing on the web. He then fell down in the hole and landed in the water. He popped out of the water and sees a door. He entered the room where it is misty and dark. Charming Thunder then heard a sound coming from the room and looked around to find the source. Cadence looked up not saying a word as he turned to see her shaking. "What is it, Cadence?" He looked up to see a parasitic insect on the ceiling looking at them with one eye. It then crawled and landed in front of them then roared and got into its battle stance.

"It's one of the parasitic monsters inside the Deku Tree! Charming, go for its eye." With the advice heard, Charming Thunder took out his slingshot and fired at its eye, but it closed its eye and the rock only hits the hard eye lid. Gohma then climbed the wall and stood on the ceiling and laid eggs to the ground and hatched Gohma larvas. They leap towards Charming Thunder and Charming Thunder slashes it in half. The other came from behind and jumped on his back. Charming Thunder struggled to get it off and throws it to the ground then stabs it in the eye. He then looked up to the Gohma and fired his slingshot to get it down to the ground. Its eye spun in a circle as it became dizzy from the rock shot from the slingshot. Charming Thunder then leaps in the air and stabs it in the eye to finish off the giant bug. It then began to collapse to the ground and disintegrate into ashes.

---------------------

Charming Thunder and Cadence left the mouth of the Great Deku Tree and stood at the spot where the tree can see them. "It's done, Great Deku Tree," Charming Thunder reported. "It was a parasitic insect and I slain it."

"Well done, Charming," the Deku Tree said. "Thou hast verily demonstrated thy courage. I knew that thou wouldst be able to carry out my wishes. Now, I have yet more to tell ye, wouldst thou listen?"

"Of course." Charming Thunder sat down on the grass as he began to listen to the Deku Tree.

"Then listen carefully. A wicked centaur from the desert cast this dreadful curse upon me." This brought an image of the same centaur from Charming Thunder's dream. "This evil centaur ceaselessly uses his vile, sorcerous powers in his search for the Sacred Realm that is connected to Hyrule. For it is in that Sacred Realm that one will find the divine relic, the Triforce, which contains the essence of the gods. You see before time began, before spirits and life existed, three golden goddesses descended upon the chaos that was Hyrule. Din, the goddess of power, Nayru, the goddess of wisdom, and Farore, the goddess of courage. Din, with her strong flaming arms, she cultivated the land and created the red earth. Nayru poured her wisdom onto the earth and gave the spirit of law to the world. Farore, with her rich soul, produced all life forms who would uphold the law. The three great goddesses, their labors completed, departed for the heavens. And golden sacred triangles remained at the point where the goddesses left the world. Since then, the sacred triangles have become the basis for our world's providence. And, the resting place of the triangles has become the Sacred Realm."

"And now that centaur you speak of is after it."

"Indeed, Charming. Thou must never allow the desert centaur to get his hands on the sacred Triforce. Thou must never suffer that centaur, with his evil heart, to enter the Sacred Realm of legend. That evil centaur who cast the death curse upon me and sapped my power. Because of that curse, my end is nigh." Charming Thunder's eyes widened after he heard the news. Even Cadence was shocked as well as him. "Though your valiant efforts to break the curse were successful, I was doomed before you started."

"So you're saying that you're dying now?"

"Yes, I will pass away soon. But do not grieve for me. I have been able to tell you of these important matters. This is Hyrule's final hope. Charming, go now to Hyrule Castle. There, thou will surely meet the Princess of Destiny. Take this stone with you. The stone that centaur wanted to much, that he cast the curse on me." A flash of green light appeared as Charming Thunder stood up and received the Kokiri's Emerald. "The future depends upon thee, Charming Thunder. hou art courageous. Cadence the Fairy, help Charming carry out my will. I entreat ye. Cadence, good....bye." The Deku Tree then began to wither as tears fell off Charming Thunder's face."

"I'll miss you, Great Deku Tree."

"Let's go to Hyrule Castle, Charming," Cadence said. Charming Thunder took his leave as Cadence took a pause. "Goodbye, Great Deku Tree." She then leaves the meadow with Charming Thunder as their main quest to save Hyrule has begun.