• Published 20th Aug 2015
  • 548 Views, 11 Comments

The Redemption of a Showstopper - Nazoult98



The Great and Powerful Trixie grapples with her past and tries to earn a shot at redemption.

  • ...
2
 11
 548

A Day in the Life

Chapter 1
A Day in the Life

It was a bright and sunny day in Los Pegasus. The birds were chirping in the sky. But, tucked in an alleyway between two casinos, things were not so happy. That alleyway contained the traveling house of a very unhappy person. Inside, an alarm clock started ringing. A young woman sat up in bed and turned it off. She was twenty years of age and was wearing a purple pajama shirt and pants, both of which were covered in white stars. Around her cyan horn she had washed out, light blue hair; in fact it almost looked white, and it curled towards the left side. “Why does it always have to be so sunny and cheerful?” She asked herself before getting out of bed. She walked into the kitchen, which was very small, and rummaged through the cupboards. “Nothing to eat,” she said before heading back into her bedroom. She got changed into a cyan button-up shirt and dress pants. Walking into her tiny living room she grabbed her signature witch hat and cape, which were purple with blue and white stars. “All right,” She said to herself as her purple eyes flashed, “Trixie is ready.”

Trixie exited her traveling house and locked the door. “Trixie should probably start with breakfast,” Trixie said to herself walking out to the sidewalk. She walked over to a small diner across the street. Trixie had only been to Los Pegasus once, but it wasn’t to perform. Luckily for her news if what had happened in Ponyville hadn’t spread to Los Pegasus yet. She sat down at the booth and glanced over the menu. A young woman of about nineteen walked up to her.

“Are you ready to order, Ma’am?” She asked.

“Yes,” Trixie replied, “Trixie would like some strawberry pancakes and a medium coffee.”

“Yes, Ma’am,” said the waitress walking away. A few moments later she returned with Trixie’s order. Trixie ate in silence, thinking about her last show in Hoofington.

“Trixie didn’t make much last week, in fact Trixie never makes much,” She thought to herself depressed. She drained the last of her coffee and put five bits on the table, three bits for the meal and two bits as a tip for the waitress.

She walked towards the theater downtown. She wanted to look at it before she had to perform there that night. Before walking in she looked up at the marquee. It said ‘Tonight the Great & Powerful Trixie performs followed by a concert by DJ Pon-3’.
“It’s never a good sign when The Great & Powerful Trixie headlines,” she muttered to herself, “Trixie bets DJ Pon-3 is just going to mock her like everyone else.” She walked inside and looked around. It was one the biggest theaters in Equestria, second only to the one in Canterlot of course. She walked up on stage and looked over the rows of seats. “Here Trixie goes again,” She thought to herself, “Mom, wish your Trixie luck.”

“Come one, come all, Come and witness the amazing magic of The Great and Powerful Trixie,” came her booming voice later that night signaling the start of her show. She appeared on the stage in a flash of lightening. “Good evening Los Pegasus,” she said her voice booming above the applause, “Trixie welcomes you to her one of a kind magic show. For her first trick, Trixie will make this apple disappear.” As she said this she brought out an apple and put a cloth over it. A few seconds later she pulled off the cloth and the apple had disappeared. A thunderous applause burst out from the audience. “Thank you, thank you,” she said, “For Trixie’s next trick…”

“Finally for Trixie’s last trick,” said Trixie about an hour later, “Let the fireworks ignite.” Not long after she said that fireworks went off behind the audience. The applause that followed left Trixie speechless. Suddenly, someone burst into the theater.

“Stop applauding her!” the man boomed, “She caused an Ursa Minor to attack Ponyville. She also single-handedly seized control of everyone in Ponyville.”

“Please, Celestia, this can’t be happening,” Trixie thought as all her applause turned to boos in the blink of an eye, “Trixie wanted to put this all behind her.” She was crying at this point, and then she ran out of the theater.