• Published 30th Aug 2015
  • 536 Views, 2 Comments

CMC: The Mare Chronicles - Just A Random Pegasus



The Cutie Mark Crusaders live their lives as full grown mares, which includes working, responsiblities, and budding romances. Even though their talents are different, their friendship still stays strong.

  • ...
4
 2
 536

Adrenaline Rush

Scootaloo felt the wind flow through her mane as she quickly scooted along the ground. She jumped a ramp, and did a front-flip in the air. She then landed on her scooter again, and landed perfectly on the ground. Ponies in the audience applauded as Scootaloo did a few spins perfectly on her scooter.

At the end of her performance, confetti shot out of a few cannons as the crowd applauded even louder.

"Thank you!" Scootaloo remarked as she took off for backstage. At this time, anypony who wanted autographs from Scootaloo could go back and see her. Most of the time, it was foals who wanted to be just like her. That was what she expected, and loved to see. Apple Bloom was right. They reminded her of herself and Rainbow Dash, and how much of a bond they have.

She heard hoof-steps coming nearer. She turned and put on a smile for whoever was coming. She got herself ready to greet a foal that would eagerly bounce up and down with a paper in their hooves.

Scootaloo then saw a full-grown stallion come over. She knew who he was from first glance. His dark, slicked mane, purple eyes and silver coat with a raincloud adorning his flank. It was Rumble.

"Hey, Scootaloo!"

Scootaloo felt her head turn away as he looked at her. She fumbled through her thoughts to find the right words.

"Hey, Rumble! W-what's up?" She asked as she felt her face heat up. She tried to make eye contact, but his eyes made her flush even harder.

"Not much! Rainbow Dash gave me the day off, so I decided to see you perform. You have really improved since you first got your mark, that's for sure!"

Scootaloo felt her heart do somersaults. Rumble spent his time... to watch her? She looked up at him and smiled.

"Thanks! Say... what are you planning on doing the rest of the day?" When Scootaloo said that, she felt like punching herself. It sounded a lot like she was about to ask him out.

"Uh... I'm probably visiting my bro, Thunderlane. You?"

Oh, thank Celestia he didn't question me about that... Scootaloo thought. She then took a breath. "Well, I'm probably going to fly and scooter the rest of the day. It's a nice stress reliever, that's for sure."

Rumble nodded. "Yep! Now... I'll leave you alone. It's nice seeing you again, Scootaloo!"

"Nice seeing you, too!" Scootaloo responded as she saw Rumble trot off.

When he was out of sight, she sighed rather loudly. She silently cursed herself for being awkward and shy. She then plopped down on a seat. For a few months now, she had developed something... different for Rumble. She recently admitted to herself that she is crushing hard, and said to herself that she wouldn't tell anypony; not even her closest friends. She was too shy to speak up anyway. She knew that if she told them, her friends might try to hook her up with Rumble. Scootaloo wouldn't mind it too much, but she just felt like it would be awkward. She also didn't want to be thought of as "mushy" or "girly" for crushing.

Maybe I'll get over him soon... she thought. Deep inside, that thought pained her. She didn't want to get over him for some reason. Liking him made her feel happy, and gave her a heartwarming feeling she had never felt before. She buried her face in her hooves, hoping she wouldn't fall too much more for him.


"This is very nice, Button. May I ask where you got this recipe?" Sweetie Belle asked as she ate her lunch her colt-friend had made for her. Button smiled.

"I got this from my mom. She's always sending me more recipes so I don't get hungry," Button remarked as he ate a little. "Why? Is it your favorite food in all of Equestria?"

Sweetie giggled a little. "Well, it's not my favorite food ever, but I really enjoy it."

Button laughed as well. "I agree. Now... can I ask about your schedule?"

"Schedule? What do you mean?"

"Well... how much you're performing. I-I want to be able to see you more... and it's hard to when you're in Canterlot..." Button responded as he looked down to the ground.

"I'll be busy performing all week. But I understand what you're saying." Sweetie then held his hoof in hers and looked straight into his eyes. "I have been missing you, too. But I promise that I will come by and visit at least once every two weeks."

"Two? What about one?"

"Well, I can't make any promises that I can come every week. I just don't want to lie to you."

"I completely understand." With that, Button kissed Sweetie Belle. Sweetie felt the rush flow through her body, and butterflies flying like crazy in her stomach. It was a feeling that she never wanted to lose.


The bell rung as the door swung open in Apple Bloom's shop.

"Hello, welcome to Bloom Painting! How may Ah help ya?" As soon as Apple Bloom saw who came through the door, her jaw dropped.

"Well, if it isn't Apple Bloom?" Diamond Tiara remarked.

Apple Bloom shook her head in disbelief. "What are ya doin' here?" Apple Bloom asked as Diamond moved her mane to the side of her face.

"I came to ask why you painted my house with such... horrific colors! I would rather the bathrooms be white instead of blue, and my room be a light shade of pink!" Diamond complained as Apple Bloom rolled her eyes.

"Ya never asked me to paint your house. Ah just did what looked nice to me and the house builders."

Diamond stuck her head up in the air. "I'm happy I'm moving to Canterlot. Ponies here have very little... refined tastes!" Diamond finished as she strolled out of the shop.

"She still hasn't changed a bit..." Apple Bloom said to herself as she read over what she was painting tomorrow.

"Alright... Ah'll need blue, yellow, and white..." Apple Bloom remarked as she walked towards the back closet to get a few sets of paint out. She always wanted to have her materials ready for the next day, so she could just grab and go. She took the cans of paint outside and closed her shop.

"Another day's work..." Applebloom said to herself as she walked inside Sweet Apple Acres and into the barn.

Author's Note:

Each chapter will have scenes from Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle's daily life.