• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 2,709 Views, 39 Comments

An Equestrian Cyborg - Mr Lightning Bolt



A human is forced to endure the trauma of being stuck in a different world, and the fearful looks he gets from the locals.

  • ...
26
 39
 2,709

Awakening

Blackness, nothingness, this was what surrounded Arin. Smothering him like the grip of death himself. He felt nothing, he couldn't even show emotions; just another empty vessel traversing the void. The empty space between dimensions, a place where nothing but deaths cold touch existed.

It could have been minutes, hours, months, years. Arin didn't know, it was impossible to tell time here. It felt like he would be here for eternity; never to see the light of the day again. Forced too be a sack flesh stuck in a place where time doesn't flow. A place where he would forever be stuck with the uneasiness of the void.

"Another... and so soon," said a deep echoing voice that surrounded Arin at all sides. "Progress is going so well..."

A loud popping sound resonated across the void, followed by a stray beam of light striking Arin across the face. Arin grumble with the uneasiness of his eyes reacting to the light; not having seen light in so long affected his eyes. The light grew brighter and brighter, reaching a point where it felt like he was up close to the sun itself.

Just as soon as the light came to it's climax, it dissipated. Leaving a now conscious Arin shaken in slight pain on the cold ground. After another moment of regaining bits of consciousness, Arin felt the need to breath scream out to him. Eyes shooting open, Arin took the deepest breath he had ever taken in his life.

Arin coughed in between intervals of breaths. He tried to stand up, but kept on falling back onto the ground, face first. He then decide to just sit, and look at his current surroundings. He looked around him, taking note that he seemed to have somehow ended up being transported to a fog filled forest.

Something was funny with his vision though, it looked like he was looking out of a security camera; definitely something that didn't seem normal. He went to wave a hand in front of his face, his right one to be specific. What met his gaze sent fear through him, and made his heart sink in his chest. A black, metallic looking hand with pointed tips at each finger and thumb greeted him. The strange metallic structure traveling up his entire arm, overlapping what looked like grey synthetic looking muscle.

"What th-" Arin stopped his speech as soon as he heard his voice. It sounded raspy, like he had been punched too many times in the throat, or he had been smoking most his life. He was no smoker; resented the idea of turning his lungs a sickly black. Standing up, now able to stand without his daze affecting his motor skills. He looked down at what he could see of his body, the same black frame greeting him across his entire body.

Feeling his face, he felt the structure of it not familiar to his own rugged shape. Instead it was a more smooth sharp shape. His jaw however was made of the same metallic material as his body, and for some reason a bandanna was rapped around his left eye. He then ran his hands through his hair, longer then what he previous thought it to be. Pulling it in front of his face, he took note of it being a platinum blonde.

The realization hit him like a frat train; he knew this body. Knew what all the metallic intricacies and artificial muscles were from. If he was correct, he was somehow in the body of the video game character, Raiden.

This is impossible... Arin thought to himself, not believing in what he was looking at. He knew this had to be some sort of dream, or a sick joke. That's why he decided to give himself a punch in the gut; pinching wouldn't really effect him all too much considering his armor plating. To his utter shock, he felt that, slightly. Still, he felt it all the same.

"What the hell is happening to me!" He yelled out to no one in particular; freaked out over his impossible body. His mind was running overtime, pushing too the point of where he was gonna have a psychotic break. Collapsing to his knees he whispered softly to himself, "Why... How could that sword do this. It had to be that sword... I mean what else could it have been." He would have cried if not for his new eye lacking the biological methods of doing such. "It must have been cursed, that's the reason why it was glowing; had some sort of magical enchantments."

After another couple of moments of mourning his tragic change in appearance, he stood up again knowing that he had to find some help. Hopefully they could look past the whole cybernetic man thing.

Suddenly, a notice appeared in his vision. It was alerting him to movement in the area. He looked around trying to get a look at whatever was watching him, "who's there?" A group of vicious, hungry glowing green eyes appeared in front of him. They came closer and closer, reveling to Arin the wooden beasts that stalked him. Wanting to make him their next meal. "Oh, Shit!" Arin stammered out in fear.

He backed away slowly, not sure what to do, what could he do. He never encountered such wild beasts before, especially ones that looked like they jumped right out of a fantasy book. He had grown up in San Diego, the only wild beasts there was from the zoo, and they were secured behind walls and cages. These animals were free and roaming these woods.

When the wooden beast in the front of the pack got into pouncing distance, Arin did the only thing he could think of at the moment, run. And so he ran, ran away from the pack of monsters in a random direction. Hopefully he would be able to lose them, or find a way out of the forest and call for help.

He was running so much faster then he should have been, must have been the new body of was his. He felt a hot tingling feeling in his feet, he looked down for a moment. Only to notice electricity was surrounding his feet, pushing him even faster. He was like a lightning bolt, moving so fast he could have kept up with an accelerating car.

Taking a look back, he noticed that he put a great distance between him and the pack. They were still on the chase, so he didn't slow down for a moment. moving past more bushes, and dodging trees he noticed a opening in the forest. Light shining through it, it must be the exit to the forest.

Accelerating he pushed himself out of the forest, putting on the brakes. At how fast he was moving he put indents into the ground as he sled to a stop. Dust coming from it, enveloping his vision for a moment. Looking behind him into the forest as the dust settled, he took notice that his hunters had stopped their pursuit and turned back into the mystic forest.

"Thank... god," Arin still couldn't believe how fast he had ran, it felt so exhilarating. "This body came in some use, I guess..." Arin turned back around, pointing away from the forest he once been in. He took note of his new surroundings; It looked as natural as the last environment. Except it had less trees, and more grass and flowers. He saw a building not to far away, had a grassy looking roof, and yellow walls with circular windows.

"Might as well see if anyone's home, I need the guidance to where I am after all. Hope they see mysterious looking guests often." He then proceeded to the housing in question, still shaken up over the days events, and it hasn't even ended yet. The sun was still high in the sky; same place it was when he entered the cave with Claire and Steven. Claire and Steven, Arin thought. I hope their okay right now, hate to see them in the same boat as me. He shook that thought out of his head, and focused on the task at hand. He had to ask the occupants of this cottage for any information on where he was right now.

Walking up to the cottage front door, he knocked lightly to get the owners attention.

"One moment," came a light female voice.

Arin waited outside patently for the girl to open the door. After a couple of moments standing there the door opened, and both the owner of the cottage and Arin gasped in shock. In front of Arin was a little buttered colored horse looking thing. It had pink hair, and its eyes took up most its head.

"Uhhhhhh," was all Arin was able to stammer out looking at the creature in front of him.

The little thing shuddered in fear before dashing back into its home, slamming and locking the door behind it. "W-what?" Arin let out silently.

"Please go away, please please please go way Everfree monster." Came the same female voice from before, somehow coming from the strange equine that opened the door a second ago.

"What?" Arin said again, this time more audibly. Why was there a little horse creature living in this house, and second off how did it know to talk? Not wanting to provoke the female horse any longer, and not wanting to further confuse himself. He walked away from the house. "Okay... that was definitely not normal. Then again, what has been normal today?"

He looked up to the blue sky saying one last thing before he started walking down the dirt path next to the house. "I hope I can find something sane in this madness soon, this is just to much..."

Author's Note:

And so the actually displacement begins... hope it was as fun to read as it was to write.

I wish you all a good day, Mr Lightning Bolt signing out.