• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 2,709 Views, 39 Comments

An Equestrian Cyborg - Mr Lightning Bolt



A human is forced to endure the trauma of being stuck in a different world, and the fearful looks he gets from the locals.

  • ...
26
 39
 2,709

Prologue

Rumbling can be heard from the car driving over the old dirt road; a road that hasn't been driven on in a good while. The dirt path was located somewhere in the Sierra Nevada's, Arin would not remember where this road was exactly located in the Nevada's, it was a complicated maze of winding roads just to get too it.

Arin had been visiting his old friends from high school; it was a get together for old time sake. A way to show that they haven't lost touch after these past six months. Arin was working as a part-timer at a Burger King fast food restaurant as he was going to college. Majoring in Economics and Psychology; after earning his Bachelors, he was gonna try his luck at getting into law school.

"Arin you there?" Asked a brown haired blue eyed female next to him.

Arin didn't hear her. He was lost to his imagination as he thought of how long it has been since he had seen his friends, and how they have changed over the past six months.

"Hello? Earth to Arin," the woman waved her left hand in front of Arin's face.

Arin snapped out of his daze and looked at the person beside him. "Sorry Claire... I was lost in thoughts, is all."

"Is that so, if I may so bold to ask, what were you so lost in thought about?" Claire looked at Arin for an answer.

"Nothing really, just thinking about how long it's been since any of us have seen each other."

"Yeah, it sure has been awhile," said Claire reminiscing on past memories.

"You can say that again," the dark skinned driver joined the conversation. "We really shouldn't stay separated so long. It's just not the same without you guys, you know."

"Yeah, I feel ya," responded Arin sympathetically.

There would have been a passenger seat in the front of the car, had it not been tattered from old age. It was the only seat that really had the effects of age hit it hard.

"So... where exactly are we going again Steven?" Asked Claire curiously.

"There's this cave I've been hearing about lately around these parts. I had no idea where it was exactly, luckily for me there was a nice old gentleman at this gas station that gave me a map that pointed out the location of this so called cave. Never got that mans name, oh well." Answered Steven.

"Great, that's reassuring. Taking directions from a map that some random old man gave you..." Arin snarked.

"Hey, you can learn a lot from your elders," replied Steven.

"He's right," added in Claire.

"True, but you can't trust every old person you meet. Could have been a convict in his prime."

A screeching noise from the breaks, and a sudden lurch forward signaled that the car had stopped.

"Look, there's the cave. We're here," said Steven pointing to an ominous caves entrance.

"We're in the mountains, probably just luck we found a cave here." Arin continued his previous argument.

"Yeah, yeah. keep telling yourself that, whatever makes you sleep at night." Replied Steven too Arin's complaints.

Arin just grumbled in response.

"Oh, come on boys. Lets just get out of the car and check out that cave already. Been cooped up in here for awhile now," interjected Claire.

"Yeah, I really need to stretch my legs." Added Arin.

The trio got out of the car, closing each of their doors respectively. All three took a moment to stretch their sore muscles, and then proceeded to walk towards the cave entrance. Arin in the back, Steven in the front, and in the middle was Claire.

The cave entrance was about fifteen to twenty feet high, and thirty to thirty five feet wide. It was pitch black, no light entered its gaping maw. Steven pulled a flashlight out of his pocket, and shined it downed the caves ever awaiting gullet. The looks of the cave were about what you would expect. Brown drab floor with some bumps; There was water leaking from the ceiling, probably ambient water from the source that carved out this cave.

"Oooooooh, spooky," Steven joked.

"Yeah, it is pretty creepy..." Claire stuttered a bit in her speech as she said that. She was probably spooked at the caves atmosphere.

"Hey, we haven't came across any bats so far. So that's a plus," Arin tried to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, I guess you're right..." She replied.

The group continued down the caves ever lasting pathway, hoping to find something worth their troubles. Maybe some precious metals or gems?

A glow caught Arin's eye as he walked. "Huh... what's that," He pointed a finger to the strange blue throbbing light coming from a small opening on the side of the cave.

"Strange, suppose we should check it out, may be some kind of pricey material," suggested Steven. The group approached the small opening. "I don't think I'll be able to squeeze through that small of a opening though"

"I'm too claustrophobic... and a bit scared." Claire shivered out.

"I guess that leaves me then, I'm a small enough frame I should be able to squeeze by if I tried." Arin then squeezed himself into the small opening, moving inch by inch deeper into the unknown. After a moment or two, he finally made it into another chamber of the cave on the other side of the opening.

"You alright?" Called Steven."

"Yeah, there's another chamber on the other side of the opening." Arin then looked towards were the light source was coming from. "I'll be back in a sec, I'm just gonna check out what this blue light is."

"Be careful!" Claire yelled with caution.

"I will, don't worry." Arin then proceeded down the new chamber, the light growing in luminosity the closer and closer he got. Eventually he reached yet another chamber, this one having a pedestal in the center. That had been where the light was coming from; a sword floated slightly above the pedestal.

"What?" Arin questioned. He then walked up to the pedestal, squinting his eyes because of the intense blue light. Once he got to about two feet away from the pedestal, the light dimmed, and he was able to get a better look at the sword in question. It was black, shiny, looked ludicrously sharp, and most of all, deadly.

"Strange... why the hell is there a sword way down here, it makes no sense." Arin wondered. "And, somehow I feel like I have seen this sword somewhere before..." Arin was about to grab the sword unconsciously, but then pulled his hand away. "No, it could be booby trapped..." Arin took another look at the sword; how tantalizing was it to just reach out and grab it. "Ahhh, screaw it."

Arin then picked up the sword by the handle. The blades glow lessened to a even dimmer glow, and Arin then looked at his reflection off the shiny sword. "Guess it wasn't booby trapped after all..." Arin turned around to head back to his friends, but a sharp pain traveled up his arm. Eventually his entire body was enveloped in a blanket of pain. "Uuuuuuggggghhhhhh!" Arin grunted out, before succumbing to the pain, and passing out. Hitting the rocky floor below, hard.

Author's Note:

Were you expecting a Merchant to send Arin away to Equestria? Ha ha, fat chance. I want to try not to follow the less desirable tropes, and try to make some new ones; even putting twists on pre-existing ones. Like what I did with the Void Dweller in this Prolouge, not your typical merchant.

Anyway, I hoped this jumped your interests enough to view the next chapter.:twilightsmile: