• Published 11th Aug 2015
  • 339 Views, 0 Comments

Detective - Mr Wolf



A Detective and his team arrive in Equestria... No not Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson

  • ...
 0
 339

Prologue. The Detective.

We begin our story in London in 1835, in a small yet posh home in Farraway Avenue. By the Architecture one may guess it was a small manor, neat and pristine. The windows polished and the door repainted. But on the inside it was another story: A kitchen with ten kettles boiling simultaneously, a living room filled with obnoxious looking firearms and contraptions, a study filled with maps, paper and a board for evidence, a dining room with a dead, and dissected if I may add, body of a young red haired man, and bathroom filled with different religious items, paintings and Cultist weaponry.

In case your wondering this is my home. 34 Farraway Avenue. You might not be able to tell by the mess but I do not live alone. Yes I live with four others, Their names are Samuel Smith (A Religious and cultist activity researcher), Hanna Townhouse (Spy and Martial artist), Arnold Moltchwog (Expert on the use of gunpowder, and is able to make it almost anywhere) and Doctor Donovan Bill (A genius in the medical field, we sometimes call him 'Boots' since he polishes his boots four times a day). Oh I'm sorry, I have not introduced myself. My name is James Gillon and I'm London's finest detective. I'm a tall, spiky black haired man with a moustache. I can quickly analyse a situation and determine the most possible outcome, or find clues.

If anyone walked in on me now, they would see I fell asleep on my study. Unfortunately, Four people did. I was startled awake by the front door being smashed shut and turned around to see my cohorts. A large Prussian with a moustache and a stubble where his hair should have been (Arnold), An African-American girl, who can be no older than 16, with long messy hair (Hanna), A gentlemen with short, combed blond hair and a clean shave (Samuel) and a brown haired man with sideburns (Donovan).

"Fell asleep again?" Asked Hanna.

"I'm afraid so. Terribly sorry." I responded.

"Don't be Detektiv. We all know you want to find and dismantle 'The Five Hands' before they grow mächtig." As always a bit of Prussian gets into Arnold's speech.

"Quite right. By the way Samuel, can you please put your work somewhere else? I'm getting sick of having all those cultist symbols stare at me whenever I try to use the bathtub." Donovan asked.

"I will when you remove the bodies out of the dining room."Samuel retaliated.

"Samuel. Boots. please stop arguing. I'm trying to find 'The Five Hands' hideout!" Almost immediately they apologised and got back to their work.

'The Five Hands of Fate' is a cultist group that wish to control the world through dark arts. It sounds like ludicrous nonsense but I assure that what they're doing is a horrific truth. Thankfully they're still in their infancy.

"Hey Boot's if you're not busy later, you want to go to the ring for a good Kampf!" I was mildly aware of Arnold putting down one of the guns he was working on.

"Geez, With all these kettles, James, you must be making tea for the whole of Parliament." Joked Hanna.

Kampf...Tea...

"Of course! 'The Banshee'! I knew that tavern was shady. Everyone grab what you need! We're going to pay a visit to the run down inn." I yelled grabbing my coat, cane, hat and pistol.
----------------------------------------------------------------
It was an hour before midnight and we were skulking around the back of the 'The Banshee'. The street lamps long since snuffed out. As we made our way to the cellar entrance, I couldn't help but feel something was off about this particular group of dark art performers. When we arrived at the doors we found them locked. Hanna knelt down and took two lock picks out of her...Ahem... and began to work. We didn't need wait a minute before the locks came off and clattered to the ground. We then proceeded creeping through the doors into the room. The cellar was by far the largest I've ever seen. We hid behind rows of barrels as we made our way to the far end of the cellar.

As we approached our destination we began to hear voices and, as luck would have it, we found the members of 'The Five Hands' near the end of a ritual. The head figure stood forth. "Brothers!" He began. "Tonight marks the dawn of a new era. The era of which shall be defined by fate and order. We cannot fight the world as it is right now, as we are ill prepared to do so. But fear not, for we shall enter another world where we can use their powers to conquer and enlighten this world and it as well!"

We had to act for a portal was opening, so I drew out my sword that was hidden in my cane and killed one of the members from behind. As his body slumped to the ground, more members came out of hiding and a battle ensued. Arnold used his big hands to smash the cultist whilst Donovan and Samuel fought together in their own way. Those two are my biggest mysteries I have yet to solve. Hanna was using her martial art talent to incapacitate the attackers. As for me, I just slashed my way to their Master. As he was about to step into the glowing, blue portal, I cut his leg drawing blood. The blood began to cause the portal to go unstable. Lightning bolts danced and electrocuted anything they touched.

The portal then exploded, bathing everyone and everything in the blue glow. I could feel body tingling and going numb. It was then I blacked out. Hoping that I end up in an all right place when I awoken.