• ...
2
 23
 1,770

Wounded

I look through the house. I look everywhere somepony could possibly be, including all the guest rooms, but I can’t find Saber.

“Huh…? She’s in that outfit, so you’d think it’d be easy to find her.” Even so, I can’t find Saber anywhere. I guess Servants can become spirits, but I can’t turn her into one anyway. No, first of all… “Even though they call me a Master, I don’t know anything about her.” I don’t understand who she is or how she exists. The only thing I understand is… That I’m confident I’ll be able to win this strange war if I’m with her. “She’s not here either…” I’ve searched throughout the house. It’s a big house, but I didn’t play hide-and-seek here with Pinkie as a colt for nothing. I know the most efficient way to search this place. If I haven’t found her after searching this much, then she should be either in the gym or in the shed.

“Huh?” Saber is in the silent gym. But her appearance is different from yesterday. Sitting on the wooden floor, she is not wearing her armor. She has changed into refined clothes that suit her well, and is sitting silently. …I lose my voice at the sight. Sitting with her back straight and eyes closed, Saber looks beautiful. Her state, melting into the silence, reminds me of pure water. And that removes the final doubts within me. Even if she is a Servant, I think she is harmony. So… I won’t be led stray if I’m with her. “Saber.” I call out. Saber slowly opens her eye and returns my gaze.

“You are awake, Storm.” A calm voice. Her voice, echoing through the gym as if permeating it, is surprising suited to this place.

“Yeah. I just got up. What were you doing here?”

“I was resting. I cannot treat you, so I thought I’d make sure I was in perfect condition.” Saber looks at me as she speaks. …Well, um… I feel tension, different from the kind I felt with Rarity. “Storm? What is it? Could it be that your body is still…?”

“…! N-No, there’s no problem…! I’m just perplexed for my own reasons, so don’t worry…!” I take a step back and shake my head. Looking away from Saber, who is tilting her head questioningly, I calm my pounding heart. “…Calm down. What am I so tense about!?” I take a deep breath. …But it doesn’t seem to die down quickly. In fact, I don’t think it ever will. “…Geez, why did she get changed…?” I complain without meaning to. Saber’s clothes are so real that they make me conscious of her marehood, whether I like it or not. …She is terribly beautiful. I thought I figured that out yesterday, but she really hits me with it now. Perhaps her armor looked so surreal that I didn’t notice yesterday. But when she dresses like a mare, I’m flustered, as any healthy stallion would be.

“Storm.” I tense up the moment our eyes meet. But I didn’t look for her just to say nothing. I’m troubled, but I can’t stay quiet forever.

“All right. May I, Saber? It’ll be the first time we sit down and talk…” I make up my mind and talk to her. …And then.

“Storm. Before that, there is something I would like to address regarding last night.”

“…? All right, what is it?”

“It is about last night. You are my Master it is troubling if you take such actions. Battle is my duty, so you must concentrate on your role.”

“Last night?” I think about what happened last night. …Is she talking about the time I tried to pull her to safety when Archer attacked? “…Hey. I can’t help it. You were fighting, so that’s the least I could do. It’s only natural to help when your partner is in danger.”

“…Impossible. You do not understand what Servants are, yet you have so much faith in me already?” Oh, wow. Saber looks really surprised.

“Well, we did shake hoofs. And you’ve helped me so many times already. It’d be pretty strange not to trust you.”

“…” Saber looks up at me in surprise.

“Uh… Did I have the wrong idea about our contract?” I get nervous, so I ask. Saber shakes her head.

“As a Servant, I appreciate your words. And I would have been dealt a fatal wound had you not stopped me. The method was not a good one, but your instruction was.”

“…I see. That’s good. I was desperate, but that was good, huh?”

“Yes. But please refrain from such actions next time. I can heal immediately even if I am wounded. But I have no way to heal you if you are wounded.”

“Ugh… All right, I’ll watch out. That was definitely reckless. I’ll do better next time.” I don’t know how I can do things better, but I should stop doing things so recklessly. Then…

“Yes. That is a good reply, Master.” Was I acting that funny? I think she smiled for a second.

“…” I shake off my blush. There’s something more important right now. It’s something I should have asked her the moment we got back last night. That if she really is my Servant… And if she really is going to be joining this battle…

Continue