• Published 4th Feb 2016
  • 543 Views, 12 Comments

Enchanting Edge of Equestria - WolfDeathNo



Follow a Enchantress through her travels through Equestria as twilight and her friends try to teach the smug Magician about the magic of friendship will she find out about friendship or be more destructive than Tirek ever was!

  • ...
 12
 543

Chapter 3 Freindly Talks and Walks

I jolted from my sleep to the sound of an explosion. The first thoughts across my mind were defensive spells before I remembered the day before. I was in Equestria, not Sanctuary. Was this place not as innocent as it seemed? A girl can hope. Still explosions like that are definitely a threat to my new home. I might as well start thinking of it that way. I couldn’t think of any spells that could get me back to Sanctuary. I guess I agreed to myself to be Equestria’s protector, it is homely without the violence. Maybe the idea of peace is growing on me. Well…at least Twilights, she is my host after all.

I went through the castle and went outside. I could only stare at the scene I found. Twilight was chasing the oddest creature I had ever seen. It was a six legged bear painted up like a hornet. BeeBear? Buzzbear? Maybe BugBear? The title of this thing would have to be on the nose, which is pare for this place. I assumed it and Twilight were friends. They were playing…at least it seemed like they were playing. There was also a cyan pony there. She seemed to have an ego too big for her own good. I doubt Twilight was friends with that one. As the saying goes "pride beforeth the fall" or something like that. I was never good with things of that nature. After all I never had the time to learn such things most of the time due to all the demons always infesting Sanctuary all the time.

I left Twilight to play with her friend and walked into town. I wanted to figure out my surroundings for later. I noticed a mare wearing black goggles. What kind of powers could you possess? Can’t wait to hear the name your parents came up for you.

I thought about the night before. Before I could actually fall asleep the night before I was introduced to a dragon…well this worlds version of a dragon. More like a big lizard with some fire magic. Anyway, he told me that what brought me here might have had a reason. Like their race being invaded by some species with the intent to kill. This place is rather docile and has probably never seen real violence.

That being said I had to rethink the bugbear…to me is seemed like a child playing with a toy. I had an arsenal of offensive spells. Though it seemed like they were trying to subdue the bear not kill it. I could zap it with lightning like I did to Rainbow dash. That could work. I’ll never know standing here. I turned around and headed back to find Twilight and that bear cub.

Finding them was pretty easy. They were making a big enough racket.

“Stay back, Sarah. Leave this to us!” Twlight tried to warn me. She really was cute. I ignored her and conjure up the bolt.

I blasted the bugbear and it flailed and spasmed uncontrollably before going rigid. I walked forward to check and see that it was still alive.

“What did you do? You killed it!” Twilight shouted at me.

“Only monsters resort to killing!” She was truly upset.

“Shut up, I only paralyzed it. Go check if you don’t believe me,” I snapped at her. I found the things pulse. It wasn’t much different than a humans.

“Why don’t you take that thing to where ever you keep your prisoners.” I added. She did not seem happy with me but they took the bugbear away.

That was when twilight thought it was a good time to give me a lecture. She’s done this twice now and I’m beginning to wonder how long before she notices I ignore her. She sounds like a broken record. Didn’t take her long and I admit I let my guard down around her. Her horn glowed and the next thing I know I am tiny. I assume I shrank, I doubt she had the magic to make the whole world grow. Then I look at my legs. They’re frog legs. Did she turn me into a friggin’ frog!?

I yelled a string of profanities at her and realize she can’t understand me. I can’t even speak to her. All I could do was ribbit. Then she began to laugh at me. She was giggling at me! I swear when I am a pony again I am turning her into a cricket and leaving her to her own devices just to see how long she lasts. After a few minutes she turned me back into a pony and all I can do is glare at her.

“Sorry, you’ll pay attention to me from now on won’t you?” She laughed. Oh, I’ll get my revenge.

“Come on, we’ve got a wedding to go to,” She added.

We watched this ceremony from a window. It was…nice. I don’t know if I like all this happiness all the time. It’s starting to get to me. Even after twilight’s turned me into a frog I don’t really have my guard up. I’m watchful but nothing like I usually am in Sanctuary. I’m starting to get the feeling something is coming. Something or some disaster is going to strike and kill half of this quaint little town. I took a deep breath and felt everything around me. I can’t get comfortable. I can’t let my guard down again. The relaxation was nice but now it was time to get back to work.

Dying once was enough for a life time of pain therefore I just want peace in death. But some entity thought it was a good idea to keep me alive. Maybe I should vent my frustrations on this mysterious entity, then I could actually get something done without losing focus every 6 minutes. Oh who am I kidding I'm going to just be the grouchy one in all of this am I not?

At least I still have my magic I don't know what I’d do without it. Onto more important matters! Like asking twilight about more utility spells rather than just defensive and offensive spells. My only utility spell is my pocket dimension that I used for storage. Even then my magical prowess in the field of pocket dimensions only allowed me to have a storage space of about twenty feet by twenty feet. Which means I could not in fact live in it. Otherwise I would have instead of fighting demons most of my life.

Yes, I said it I would rather be a poor farmer than an enchantress. If I was able to completely get away from the demons of hell…and now that I'm in this world. Wish granted right? I can still be an enchantress and have a rather peaceful life at the same time. It was perfect besides the occasional scuffle. No world is perfect but this is practically heaven.

I think? After some time I was snapped out of my train of thought by Twilight. She was leading away from the wedding. As we walked it seemed like the best time to talk to her about teaching me utility magic that I could use for daily life. Not having hands anymore meant it was going to be harder for me to go along with my daily life. Yes, I saw ponies use their mouths and hooves to pick up things but one, I don't think its sanitary to have anything in your mouth, and two, I still have no idea even magically how they do that.

There's no sign of magic when they do it so was it magic or am I missing something? Or is it a more subtle magic? I asked Twilight this and she tried to explain it to me.

“I think it’s more subtle magic…” She started and then began to ramble on about why she thinks so for a good hour. I listened, a lot of it was off topic but she got around to explaining utility magic to me. She taught me some basic levitation and how to teleport marked items. It’s not as difficult as I thought. I guess my needs always had me focused on fighting spells. Something useful on the battle field. It sounds you basically give a certain item a special magic mark and you can then summon it, no matter where you were, and no matter how far it is it will still cost the same amount of magic. I wonder if you could apply that to a weapon. Being able to teleport your weapon to yourself when your opponent smacks it out of your hand or when you just don't have it on you yet. Like when she teleported her quill and parchment to her to take notes of my answers to some of her questions.

After that I decided to take a break as Twilights teaching method wasn't the best way to teach. She broke out flash cards and just drilled me over and over again…Ugh I’ll never look at a flashcard again never!

I wandered off from Twilight, I decided to find Lyra as I was still curious about her friend Bon Bon. I still have a bet on her being the one with the leash. Seriously though Lyra was insane when it came to my species. I think that most of the time I'm with her I'm afraid she might dissect me like the Horadrim dissected demons for more information on how to kill them and use them.

Anyway I found Lyra next to the black googles mare except she didn't have the goggles on I decided to talk to them and figure out if that mare was Bon Bon. When I got within twenty feet Lyra noticed me and ran to meet me. A little much don't you think? They’re all so excitable.

Her friend walked up to meet us both when she got close enough she spoke to Lyra.

“You know this pony?” She asked.

“Yes, this is Sarah Valstrong, she’s knew to Equestria. Sarah this is Bon Bon,” Lyra introduced us. I was right.

“What is you do, Sarah?” Bon bon asked looking me up and down.

“I am an enchantress, I fight demons mostly,” I answered her. They looked surprised at my answered but they remained relatively calm. The conversation shifted to what Bon Bon did for a living. They we talked about dresses and the Gala. From what I understood it was a celebratory event for selected ponies to come together and have the most elegant party ever. I’m sure these ponies and I would definitely disagree as to what qualifies as elegant. It just sounded exclusive since only ‘select’ ponies could attend. Maybe this is what they did instead of fight. Use passive aggressive means to insult each other like not inviting people to parties. That’s so…pompous.

Even in Sanctuary you had these rich menaces mostly among kings and queens who always thought poorly of anyone who had less riches than them. They treated there underlings like dirt and made them slave away for meager pay to live in their homes of poorly made materials. It made me sick with rage when I thought about them or if I was even around them snobs. Every single one that I have ever meet was this way. If I ever meet an elite who treated his unders with respect than he or she would have my respect. I don't ever see that happening ever.

“That’s ridiculous,” I told Bon Bon my opinion in a more innocent way and she agreed to an extent .

“Yes, but it would still be nice to be able to wear a nice dress, something that you just feel beautiful in,” Bon Bon replied.

“I agree with you Sarah, it can be down right mean when you’re told you’re not good enough o go to someone’s party. Don’t think I could bring myself to go even if I got an invitation.” Lyra wholeheartedly agreed with me which annoyed Bon Bon. They both seem to be a bit crazy and it’s hard to believe they’re friends at all!

After a few hours I decided to take the rest of the day to relax as I still haven't trusted this place. So, I said my good byes to Lyra and Bon Bon and took my leave of them. I walked around the town until I found a park. I loitering there until it started to get dark at which time I went back to the castle. That crystal castle was like a massive beacon. You’d have to be blind not to find your way there.

I found Twilight in her home and asked if it was alright if I could stay another night.

“Sarah, you can stay as long as you want,” Twilight smiled at me.

“I have room to spare and your room is still ready for you,”

“…Thank you,” I said and after a moment of just starring at her, trying to understand the hospitality, I moved myself forward and went back to my room. I went to sleep and started to wonder if maybe I should continue learning magic from Twilight. I guess I’ll ask in the morning but for now I relaxed into the wonderful bedding I was on. Aaaaahhh nice pillow

Author's Note:

I would like to thank all my viewers including the ones who dislike this story as it tells me I have to work harder on my story telling and for the ones who enjoy my story I'm sad to say that I will probably never have a set schedule so bear with me and wait as me and my single editor also have lives in school no less and we've had a hard time with tests and exams these past few months, anyway I would also like to thank my author Dixie Vampire for her continued support and editing skills I fix some of her mistakes she doesn't catch but other than that she's the one that makes this story readable for you so check her out on fanfiction for me will ya!

P.S. oh I almost forgot please if you have suggestions even just nitpicking please comment about it in the comments but also don't forget to be respectful of others please I don't want to have to delete comments its a hassle and honestly I have more important comments and chapters to work on and or read for suggestions so please be the mature ones in the comments. and I'm still looking for a artist to make my cover art if your willing to even if its horrible I would still appreciate it very much as I need to put something there :twilightsheepish: till the next chapter which shouldn't take as long most of our tests are over so expect a chapter within a week or two!