• Published 9th Jun 2012
  • 676 Views, 2 Comments

The Search for True Harmony - Dragonfire2lm



The Mane 6 are put to the test by Lord Manaqire, this is their story.

  • ...
 2
 676

Waking up

Twilight woke up, wiped the sleep from her eyes with a hoof and took in her surroundings. She was somewhere made of wood, a hollowed out tree. Dozens of hap-hazardly made shelves lined the walls, crammed with books, scrolls, pieces of strange metal objects and jars and beakers filled with strage substances.

As she noticed the staircase winding it's way up to another floor, she realised her current location.

"Isn't this...Ponyville Library?" she asked herself.

"Good guess Twilight, it is our library, though not in the way you remember it" A voice, clearly female, praised her on her revelation and Twilight turned around towards the speaker.

Standing behind her was a light purple fully grown pony. She had purple eyes that matched her coat and her dark purple mane was tied up into a bun, with the visible pink streak in it being twisted by the hair do. the older mares tail was the same colour as her mane, and even though she had tried to keep it in some sense of neat order, a few hairs were unruly and messy.

she was wearing a white lab coat which sported a few patches and stains, as well as a pait of welding goggles on her head.

What was once a purple horn was now a purple bony stump with a prothestic metal horn studded with gemstones in it's place.

"You're.." Twilight was at a loss for words as she recognised the pony infront of her.

The older mare smiled.

"Hello Twilight Sparkle, my name is The Professor, and I'm you, ten years in the future" Twilight's look-alike replied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nghn... Man what'd I do last night?" a groggy Rainbow Dash said as she woke up on a cloud idlely floating across the town's skyline.

"No wait a minute...That jerk! He tricked me!" the blue pegasus declared in rage as her memories returned.

"Tricked you huh?" a voice, female and with a slight unnatural buzz to it, spoke up. "And here i thought we agreed to it?".

Rainbow turned around and her heart skipped a beat in shock, for there, standing on a cloud was something that could only be called a living nightmare.

It was a fully grown cyan pegasus with a multicoloured rainbow mane. what was frightenning about her was how uncanny her appearance was, her right front leg and left back leg replaced by metal prosthetics, a band of metal stretched around the pony's midsection with large blue dragonfly like wings replacing the feathered appendages that should have been in their place.

"W-What are you?" Rainbow asked as the older gave her a sympathetic look.

Two pairs of rose coloured eyes stared at each other, the younger with fear, the other with sadness.

"I'm you Rainbow" the other mare, her voice semmingly demonic with the unnatural buzz, replied softly.

"But you can't be me , I'm me!"

"My name is Rainbot Dash, kid, and I'm you in ten years"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy let out a squek of fear as she woke up and found herself in the dark and dangerous Everfree Forest.

"Tw-Twilight? Rainbow?" the yellow mare meekly called out.

She curled up into a ball as she heard some nearby bushes rustle.

The head of another pony comicly pooped out of the bush. Soft, motherly green eyes looked at Fluttershy as the young pegasus curled up even tighter and whimpered pathetically.

"It's ok Fluttershy, there's no pony here but me"

Fluttershy peeked out from behind her hooves, and at first thought she was staring a clone of herself; a much older butter yellow pony calmly stood over her, the same eyes, the same cutie mark..except something was..off. The Pegasus stood up to get a proper look at the new comer, what was once a beautiful long light pink mane was cut short, the beautiful tail was also chopped short.

Fluttershy let out a small squek of horror as she registered the scarred stumps where yellow wings once rested, and brown ,wooden false leg strapped to elbow jiont of the older mares left front leg.

"Y-you're me aren't you" she whispered fearfully.

"Yes Fluttershy I am"

"How..how long-?"

"Ten years Fluttershy, ten long years" the older mare answered sadly. "You can call me Flutters, but save your other questions later, we need to meet your friends in the town square".

"ok.." Fluttershy replied softly, still staring in horror at the mssing wings and leg.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------