• Published 4th Aug 2015
  • 1,284 Views, 15 Comments

Fallout Equestria: True Skies - Acespadez1134



Splitstream was a proud Pegasus who was out for his own selfish gain. This all changes once his team is sent to the waste.

  • ...
5
 15
 1,284

Chapter 1

War. War never changes. As Equestria was swallowed up by powerful and terrible magic, we Pegasi did everything we could to help the land below. The damage was so severe, magical radiation from augmented spells was so intense, that we had to close up the sky to keep it at bay. As the Megaspells ravaged the land below turning the once beautiful Equestria into a horrible wasteland, we sat up above the clouds and bided our time until we could return. To help the ponies that lived in the large underground Stables as the emerged.

That was 200 years ago, and there have since been many attempts at seeing if the land below is liveable still, all of which have proven to be disappointing. That is why you and your team is being sent down…

I looked up at the mare who was briefing my team as we prepared to head down below the clouds. The Enclave never had a problem with making the right ponies with the right skills have a proper standing in its ranks. This mare was young, about the same age as I was. And without the scar that went from the bridge of her nose to under her left eye, she would have been extremely cute. She had her deep purple mane tied back so that her Enclave Armor's helmet would fit better, despite sitting in her Wonderbolts jacket. Her green eyes looked down at the list of supplies we would need and her yellow coat glowed in the light. She was a favorite for any stallion who saw her, but I knew who she had eyes for.

I was a large build for a pegasus and as a result my wings were also well built. They could carry me easily, despite my large size, at very high speeds. This allows me to create a trail of static from the friction of my wings passing over and through the clouds. It's actually how I got my cutie mark, a cloud in the shape of a circle with a lightning bolt across the top.

I cleared my throat, “Ma’am?”

She blinked up at me raising an eyebrow as she folded her hooves on her desk, “Yes, Splitstream?” Her tone told me this had better be important.

I didn’t flinch as I looked back, “I was curious... This doesn’t say anything about what we could run into down there, and with as many teams that have been lost, wouldn’t there be something?”

She gave a smirk that made one of the stallions visibly shiver, “They don’t want little colts wetting themselves and chickening out before they get down there.”

The rest of the team started whispering amongst themselves. One mare behind me whimpered, “W- what could be down there that could take out a team of our finest?”

I looked back, then at the book, calmly, “Nothing.” I caught out of the corner of my eye many heads looking at me, which caused me to smirk with growing confidence, “Because if they were taken out, then they weren’t the finest.”

A mare next to me looked as if she were about to argue, then looked back to the mare in charge, “Captain Sunny Storm… Is that true?”

Sunny Storm gave me a glare, then smirked again, pushing herself back and dropping to the floor before walking around in front of her desk. “I guess you can say it is, because this team is the finest we have.”

My ears perked at my name behind me as a colt behind me mumbled, “Yeah, because we have Splitstream, who has been Wonderbolt training.” The murmurs around him told me that everypony had heard him.

I turned and smirked, “Yes, and because of that, I will help keep you from getting hurt again.” He jumped up from his chair, glaring at me, as the class and I laughed.

Sunny frowned, “ALRIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH!” The class died down instantly as she glared at me. “I want everypony to go and make sure they have everything ready to go tomorrow. Splitstream, you can stay behind.”

I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my chair, as the stallion behind me chuckled. The team gathered their things and moved out of the room, and Sunny followed them, locking the door as the last stallion trotted out. As she walked back to her desk, I couldn’t help but smirk knowingly, “You know we are going to get caught one of these times, right?”

She got to the front of her desk, did a small hop, and spin, getting on it and giving me a look of pure lust, “Shut up and get the buck over here.”

I stood up and moved in front of her, propping my front hooves on her desk on either side of her flank. Her back legs wrapped around my back, and pulled me close. She ran a hoof through my aqua green mane, and once her hoof reached the back of my head, she pulled me into a deep, passionate kiss.

Every month for about a year has been like this, when she gets on her cycle she finds a time and place for me to help her with her needs. I had to admit, for a quick buck, she was as good as I was going to get, but to her I was everything she wanted. The only problem was that, if we were caught, I could lose my chances for the Wonderbolts, and the consequences would be much worse for her. Mares are not allowed to have foals unless they are not in the military or given the opportunity to, and even then, most don’t come to the Enclave to look for the foal's father.

When we both had finished she was sitting on my lap in her chair. She was panting hard as she leaned back, her jacket open as she looked deeply into my deep blue eyes, “Would you retire with m-”

I lifted her up and set her on her desk, then dropped to my hooves and gave myself a shake, “Don’t you think it’s a little early in both of our carriers to be asking for such things?”

`A bit of pain shot through her eyes, “But… I was thinking of quiting after this last run to the wasteland and I was…”

I cut her short again, “I need to go and make sure I have everything set for tomorrow.” Without a glance back at her, I gathered up my saddle bags and put them on, making my way out of the room. As I walked back to my room, I cursed under my breath, “Why would she even think I would give up my chances to be a Wonderbolt for a family?” The question slowly turned over in my mind, but the more I thought on it, the more the question turned into “Why did she ask me to give up my career?”

I stopped in front of the door to my room and slowly opened it because I wasn’t sure if the other 2 stallions that I shared the room with were in there, and I didn’t want to explain why I smelled of sex. Once I saw it was clear, I gathered my shower supplies and took a fast shower. The Enclave took care that you got the most out of your day, and a fast shower was a good way to make sure you could get more things done. I stood in the shower, letting the warm clear water drip off my light grey coat after I had finished washing, thinking to myself about Sunny. The only thing I did during that time, however, was annoy myself. I turned the water off and grabbed the towel I had hanging nearby.

As I started drying myself off, I heard my fellow Wonderbolt trainees walk into the room. I dried off as quick as I could, and trotted back out into the room. I decided to push everything from my mind about the Captain. Solar Flare, a light red stallion with a head of hair like fire, smiled at me, “Oh Split is here!” He trotted over and put a hoof around my neck, “Hey, did you hear?”

A knot twisted in my gut at the thought of whatever I was about to hear about. I swallowed a little more than I should have, and shook my head pretending to be ignorant, “No, hear what?”

He chuckled, “They are thinking about letting one of us be in charge of the team heading down to the wasteland this time.”

The knot loosed instantly, and replaced itself with excitement and confidence, “I wonder who that pony would be then, huh?” I stopped and thought, “Wait… what about Captain Sunny?”

He shrugged, “Not sure. One of the EP I overheard talking about it said something about her not being qualified anymore.”

I cocked my head, feeling a bit confused, “Not qualified?” He nodded, and I had to admit that with the way she acted during our private session, doubled with this, had got me feeling a bit worried. “I’m going to go talk to her and see what’s going on...” I said finally feeling like I needed to break their stares on me.

Solar Flare nodded, “Let us know, so we can prepare for any big changes to the drop.”

I didn’t bother giving a response as I trotted out the door and back down the hall. I gritted my teeth, “she better not mess up my chances of getting into the Wonderbolts,” I growl to myself.

As I turned the corner to the room that Sunny and I shared, I stopped and the knot returned, tighter than ever. I swallowed, as 4 Enclave Police officers were standing outside the office, talking to a Stallion who I had never seen. One of the officers spotted me and motioned for me to move on which was cut short by Sunny’s cry, “Splitstream!!! Please, you have to help me!!!” She was being held down by one of the officers, her mane draped over her eye, looking very mistreated.

The stallion spun around and gave me an even look, as I looked around at them, “What is going on with the Captain?”

The stallion raised a hoof, stopping one of his officers from advancing on me. He walked up to me raising an eyebrow, “Tell me… uh… Splitstream, right?” I nodded, and he gave me an empty smile, “Good, good, now... tell me… you know of our rules and why we have them right?”

I felt myself swallow again, “Yes… what does that question have to do with Ca-”

He gave a short chilling laugh and placed a hoof on my shoulder, “Calm yourself, Splitstream. You are not the one in trouble, she is.” He placed his hoof down and turned to face her walking slowly, “This little slut went and got herself pregnant.”

I knew if he turned around my expression would have given away my fear but he just locked eyes with her. I managed to push the fear down a little, “W- what of the father of the unborn foal?”

He stop and glanced back at me with a knowing smirk, “Well… that all depends on who it is and what he means to her.” I lowered my head, not taking my eyes off him. He was tall and a deep green, his orange eyes seemed calm, but void of any emotion. He ran a hoof through his blue mane, “Do you know who the father is by any chance?”

I stood there, knowing there was no point to lying, she probably had already told him, anyhow. I took a breath, and took a stance to prepare myself for an attack, “Yes… I am… most likely.”

He nodded with a smile, “Honesty? That’s good.” I could see Sunny’s expression brighten from behind him, looking at me, a light of hope shining in her eyes. He took a couple steps towards me, “Now… what does she mean to you?”

The question caught me off guard, and I stood there processing it for a second, “I… Wait, what?”

He chuckled, “Well we are willing to let her and you retire in peace and liv-”

“NO!” He stopped a bit, startled at first, then smiled at me. I stood my ground, glaring, “She means NOTHING to me. I am on my way to being a Wonderbolt... and I don’t have time for a foal, or some mare.”

I glanced at Sunny, her expression fading from hopeful to hopeless, she looked as though everything had just fallen apart for her. I could see the tears rolling down her cheeks as she looked at me in disbelief. The stallion gave a short, sharp laugh, “Well then that settles it,” he looked at the officer holding her, “Take her away.”

He gave a nod, and suddenly, she found her voice as she glared at me, “YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT! I HAVE YOUR UNBORN FOAL INSID-” Her outburst was cut short, as the Stallion dashed at her, punching a hoof hard into her stomach. She coughed and slumped over.

The unnamed lead stallion smiled, as the officer and one other dragged her away, “Don’t worry, Splitstream, your position won’t be jeopardized.”

I watched Sunny and the stallions disappear around a corner, “How? She’s still pregnant.”

He gave me a look that sent a chill down my spine, “Not for much longer.”

It felt like I had swallowed an ice cube, but I shook it off, as a new concern for her came to mind. He looked at me, and it was like he read my mind as he shook a hoof, “You have to get your team ready for tomorrow's drop,” he smirked, “You're in charge now… Captain.”

I felt the smile spread across my face, “Yes… uh… who are you again?”

He chuckled, “Oh right… you can call me…”

Author's Note:

More to come... working on it slowly this time.