• Published 11th Aug 2015
  • 5,966 Views, 61 Comments

My Life As Princess Luna Because Reasons - Ragegamer243



I live my life just normally(ish) as possible, laze around just doing whatever, sleep nicely in my bed one night, and what do I get? I get sent to a cartoon land, get stuck in a body not my own, and a whole lot of nonsense. Yep, this is the life.

  • ...
16
 61
 5,966

Chapter 3: I Can Explain This

My Life As Princess Luna Because Reasons
Chapter 3: I Can Explain This

After a few minutes of Celestia leading me through the palace, we finally came up to the dining room where we had our breakfast. Throughout all this, I’ve been completely silent. All my thoughts were occupied with everything that was happening around me that I never really bothered to share any of it.

After some more silence during breakfast, I finally decided to speak up. “Celestia, can I talk to you for a moment, alone?” I request after taking notice to the servants in the room.

Celestia nods. “Of course.” She says before looking to the servants. “Please leave us.” The servants comply and turned to leave. The moment they closed the doors, Celestia looks to me and asks with a smile, “Now what do you have on your mind?”

I took a little moment of silence, then I spoke. “Why are you doing this for me? Why help me? Aside from the form I’m currently in, I mean nothing in this world, so why?” I demanded in a careful tone so as to not come off as aggressive.

At that moment, Celestia’s smile slowly faded, her eyes slowly looking away from me. She sighed then said, “To be honest, I’m not completely sure. I just went with a feeling that I had, but for some reason I just can’t explain it, nor can I be sure of what to make of it. All I know is that I just felt something about you, but I can’t explain it.”

I sat in silence, deep in thought, trying to make sense of what she just said. So you don’t know either. I thought to myself. But going through what she said about her feeling about me, I couldn’t help but feel that there might be a purpose for me after all, as unlikely as it may be. But I pushed it aside thinking on the absurdity of such a thought. But then came my reasoning that everything that was happening right now was absurd so I would be so far off. But then that would be every bad OC story out there.

At that moment I realized that I just spent ten minutes going back and forth between reasonings that I didn’t even notice Celestia just calling out my name, almost thinking I just went brain dead by what she said and would have called the doctors. Okay that last bit was a bit of an exaggeration but she did think she broke me, and for the ten minutes she was kind of right.

Anyway, when Celestia just slapped me across the face with her hoof, that’s when I finally snapped out of my thoughts. “JOHN!!” She shouted.

“Whuzzo- wha- what happened?” I asked immediately, still trying to get a hold on my thoughts to the present.

“Whew, I finally got your attention. I think now I know how Twilight’s friends feel when they’re trying to snap her out her thoughts.” Celestia sighs in relief that I’m back in the real world, in a sense. “You were just sitting there staring into space for a while and I was beginning to worry.”

“.....Wow, sorry about that. I was just really into it.” I say. “Don’t really want you to get involved though.”

Suddenly, my stomach begins to growl with my realization that I haven’t eaten anything since I got here in the first place. I let out an exasperated sigh and said, “Of course.”

Celestia just giggles and says, “Maybe now you’d be willing to actually join me for breakfast, dear sister.”

I look at her for a second, raise my hoof and opened my mouth to counter that last bit, but then shut it when I remembered the form I was in right now. I sigh once again. “Might as well get used to it.” Then I joined Celestia at the table.

I look to the contents of the table set before us and came to shock and awe at the sight before me and realized what I was ignoring all this time whilst I was in my own little world, in a sense. The table was filled with, what I call, for lack of a more accurate description, a “Breakfast Paradise” or something, although without all the meaty items like sausages, eggs, and bacon, and whatever else humans usually eat for breakfast. Although they did substitute the bacon from what they call haybacon.

Anyway, I was about to eat when I realized, I still knew next to nothing about being a pony in this world. Picking out scrolls and reading them was one thing, but holding a fork and knife with hooves as I know most ponies do, that’s a whole different story. And I can’t do magic either as I didn’t know anything about that either.

Celestia seeing this giggles a little bit before saying, “You should count yourself lucky that the servants are still out.”

I narrow my eyes at her. “Well maybe it would be easier for both of us if I actually knew a thing or two about being a pony.” I retorted. My stomach growled again and I found myself trying to resist the urge to say those five words so as to not trigger anything. Yes, those words. Or anything along those lines.

Ah, to heck with it, I’m already a freaking horse. Might as well deal with it for now, as much as I hate to. I think to myself. I put both my hooves on the table and just start eating like a grazing horse.

Celestia just looks at me and sighs and shakes her head, still smiling though. I lift my head to look at her, swallowed the food in my mouth, and point a hoof at her and said, “Hey, at least I’m eating. It’s not my fault that I don’t know how to use magic, don’t judge.”

She lifts a hoof up. “It’s not that I’m judging you, I never was.” She explains, “It’s just.... seeing you like this. You kind of reminded me of when me and Luna were little.” She then turns to look at the window, just staring into the sky, obviously reminiscing. I didn’t really know much about her past all that much. Many of the stuff the fans make are only theories and headcanons, so I couldn’t be certain, but as she thought, I saw her smile slowly fade and I knew exactly what she was thinking. Luna’s transformation into Nightmare Moon.

I sat there watching the solar monarch feeling bad for herself as I’ve seen people in the fandom do with Celestia. Now I have a feel of what she actually goes through. But I couldn’t very well let her continue with this, so being the kind person that I am, or at least try to be, I decided to try and comfort her.

I got up from my seat, walked over to Celestia, and put my hoof on her to get her attention. “Hey, I may not know exactly what happened back then, but I got the most of it.” I started. “Luna already forgave you as much as she forgave herself. Besides, it’s all in the past right?”

Celestia looks at me and smiles. “Yes, I believe so.” After a moment of silence, she speaks again. “By the way, how do you know about our past?” she asks.

“Eh, let’s just say that where I come from, this place is kind of a thing.” I replied cryptically, wanting to have a little bit of fun out of the crypticism gig.

Celestia giggles a little at my answer. “Oh well, I believe it’s time for me to resume my duties.” She informs me.

“And I’ll be in Luna’s room if you need me. I gotta get my mind off some things.” I say to her before turning towards the door. And then we went our separate ways.

As soon as I exited the room, I looked around the hallway, figuring out on where I should go to get to Luna’s room, when I realized, I still don’t know the layout of the castle. Sigh, welp back to wandering around the castle again. I decided. I spent a few minutes wandering about but it didn’t really take long for me to come to a familiar part of the castle where I took from there back to the staircase where I came from.

Finally, I’m back to where I started from. Luna’s room. I open the door and walked towards the bed. From all that has happened so far, it’s taken quite a bit of energy from me. I climb into bed and plop my face onto the pillow. I turn my position upright, get into a comfortable position, and started to slowly drift myself to sleep.

I started having some weird dreams but for some reason, I can’t really remember the details, as I should’ve known, but that doesn’t matter right now. When I woke up though, boy was I in for one heck of a surprise.

So, I wake up, feeling a bit groggy but I got over it after a minute or two, I look out the balcony to see that it was pretty much dusk at this time. I look back to the room trying to figure out what else to do. But considering that I still don’t know how the pony body works, I can’t do not even a quarter of the things in here. So, I thought to make myself useful and hang around Celestia.

After a few minutes of navigating the castle, I eventually come up to the dual doors leading to the throne room. Three guesses on what you guys think happens next. Anyway, as soon I opened the door, I saw the very thing I had hoped not encounter until later. The real Princess Luna.

Celestia and Luna were apparently in the middle of something but turned to me as soon as I opened the door. Celestia’s look was a mix of surprise and fear, while Luna’s was just anger and confusion. And with all this, this was my only response, “Uhh… I can explain this.” Not.

End of Chapter 3