• Published 14th Aug 2015
  • 2,365 Views, 17 Comments

Five Nights at AJ's - Danny Eclipse



Danny decides to have an adventure in the ‘Book of Living Adventure’ and where does he go to? He ends up as a Night Security Guard of a restaurant. Can he survive five nights in a place where animatronics can move around at night?

  • ...
17
 17
 2,365

Night 1

2 Months after Phantom War VI…

I was in Twilight’s castle. After some discussion, she wanted everyone to live in the castle now. Me and Rainbow shared a room and we even had a baby room for the upcoming foal. Charming and Twilight shared a room as well; the others got their own rooms. Even Nyx and Light had a room for themselves. I had moved some of my stuff into our room, which I used my magic to make it magically expand without making the change seem appearance. To put it in other simpler words; I magically enchanted our bedroom to look like a house from the inside. I informed my brother and Sister, Twilight Sparkle [Who lost her memory about being Luna’s daughter], about it. They approved and I was glad about it. I was looking at a book from the bookshelf that I installed the room. It was a gift from the Ghost Writer as an apology for the book Danny Phantom destroyed and made me go along on the ride. I began to think about some exciting adventures and opened the book, wording something in it, then sign my name on it, beginning the adventure. I began to black out…


I woke up in a start because I heard the phone ringing. After a few rings, the message player began to play.

The Phone said “Hello, hello? Uh, I wanted to record a message for you to help you get settled in on your first night. Um, I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter of fact.”

“Good for you, my friend.”

Phone Guy continues “So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you there's nothing to worry about. Uh, you'll do fine. So, let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay?”

“Got it, Phone Guy.”

Phone Guy continued “Uh, let's see, first there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, you know. Um, "Welcome to Applejack’s Barn. A magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Flim-Flam Entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced."

“Reminds me of a horror movie I watched about how the murderer hid the body after destroying the evidence.” I commented.

Phone said “Blah blah blah, now that might sound bad, I know, but there's really nothing to worry about.”

“I doubt that.” I replied.

Phone Guy explains “Uh, the animatronic characters here do get a bit quirky at night, but do I blame them? No. If I were forced to sing those same stupid songs for twenty years and I never got a bath? I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too. So, remember, these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay.”

“Gees, no faith in your night guards. I feel SO insulted by this, it’s almost like somepony doesn’t want somepony to touch or tamper with them.”

Phone Guy said “So, just be aware, the characters do tend to wander a bit. Uh, they're left in some kind of free roaming mode at night. Uh...Something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long.”

“Then let them walk around during the day.” I replied, seeing the flaw in the problem.

Phone Guy answered, like he knew I was going to say that “Uh, they used to be allowed to walk around during the day too. But then there was The Bite of '87. Yeah. I-It's amazing that the human body can live without the frontal lobe, you know?”

“Ouch, somepony is going to need a lot of medical attention.” I said while both shivering and flinching.

Phone Guy said, trying to reassure me “Uh, now concerning your safety, the only real risk to you as a night watchman here, if any, is the fact that these characters, uh, if they happen to see you after hours probably won't recognize you as a person. They'll p-most likely see you as a metal endoskeleton without its costume on.”

“Somepony needs to fix their optics then, because I’m not an endoskeleton.”

Phone Guy said “Now since that's against the rules here at Applejack's Barn, they'll probably try to...forcefully stuff you inside a Applejack suit.”

“Doesn’t sound too bad.”

Phone Guy stated “Um, now, that wouldn't be so bad if the suits themselves weren't filled with crossbeams, wires, and animatronic devices, especially around the facial area. So, you could imagine how having your head forcefully pressed inside one of those could cause a bit of discomfort...and death. Uh, the only parts of you that would likely see the light of day again would be your eyeballs and teeth when they pop out the front of the mask, heh.”

“Ok, I heard everything plus that last word, and I have to say; you have a messed up sense of humor.”

Phone Guy said “Y-Yeah, they don't tell you these things when you sign up.”

“Gees, I wonder why.” I said with sarcasm.

Phone Guy reassured “But hey, first day should be a breeze. I'll chat with you tomorrow. Uh, check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power. Alright, good night.”

“Likewise, my friend.” I heard the phone click, ending the message. I looked at the clock and see it’s 4:30 AM. I looked at the tablet in front of me and I used my telekinesis to lift it and move it to me. I looked down on it as it turned on, revealing the Show Stage. I see the Animatronic Applejack playing what looks like a kindle. ‘Where did she get that?’ I switch to the bathroom and see Animatronics Fluttershy and Rarity there, both talking to each other. I switch to the Backstage and see no one in there. I click to “Cloud’s Cove” and see the curtains close. I didn’t think about it and clicked to Left hallway and see nothing but a flicking light. I clicked right hallway and see nothing there. I clicked the Closet and see nothing there. I clicked Left Corner and see Animatronic Twilight staring right at the camera. I put it down and looked to my left. Animatronic Twilight appears at my door and screeched to walk in but was interrupted when I closed the door on it. I looked out the window and see Twilight looking at her left hoof, seeing it missing. She had the expression of complete shock. I looked to the floor and see a lavender hoof on the ground. I picked it up, then chuckle before bursting into laughter. Twilight looked at me and gave me an angry expression before walking away.


6:00 AM

I had no trouble since I encountered Twilight. I heard the bell go off, telling me that my shift ended. I smiled and went backstage to leave the Lavender Hoof there and turn on the lights. I came into the Dining Room and see the stage. Applejack was in the center; Twilight was right next to Applejack to the left, a little behind Twilight and to her left was Rarity. A little behind Applejack, to her right, was Fluttershy. I didn’t see Rainbow and Pinkie Pie. I went to Cloud’s Cove and moved the curtains a bit and see an Animatronic Rainbow Dash, but she had an eye patch and a hook, both on her right. She looked like she was shut off and I didn’t see Pinkie anywhere. I began to walk away, heading to the house that I made in this world so I could rest and everything.

Author's Note:

That was Night One everyone. Night Two will be just as easy but something new happens.