• Published 19th Jul 2015
  • 526 Views, 0 Comments

Chasing the Stars - Just A Random Pegasus



Sometimes, others don't agree with your beliefs. It usually doesn't affect you too much. But when you have believed this since you were very young, it can feel like a stake through the heart.

  • ...
 0
 526

A New Sunrise

Star Chaser woke up pretty early. She looked around the room and saw her friends still sleeping in their sleeping bags. She looked at the clock and saw the time. She knew she would have to leave soon anyway, so she got out of her sleeping bag.

She walked into the bathroom and flipped on the light. Her eyes shut as a response. She slowly opened them and looked at herself in the mirror. Her mane was all messed up. She smiled as she remembered last night. She looked at her flank to see her cutie mark.

"Ugh... who turned on the lights?" Star heard from the other room. She turned and looked into the room next-door, where Flora was sitting up in her sleeping bag.

"I know, right?" Aqua Flash responded, sitting up.

"Hey!" Star greeted, waving her hoof. " I hope you know we have to leave for school in about a half hour."

"Okay..." Flora tiredly mumbled as she stepped out of her sleeping bag and folded it up. Her glance shifted to Rain Kicker.

"We're gonna have to wake up Rain." Flora remarked as she started to nudge the Pegasus. Rain Kicker wouldn't budge.

"Rain? Wake up!" Flora said in her ear. Rain continued to sleep heavily.

"I got this!" Aqua exclaimed, engulfing her horn in a magical aura. She then touched her horn to Rain, which caused a small shock.

"Ahh!" Rain yelped as she took off into the air. She looked down to see Aqua and Flora giggling.

"I'm gonna get payback one day!" Rain remarked, flying back to the ground.

"Rain, we only have thirty minutes before school starts!" Flora informed as Rain Kicker shot a playful glare.

"I only get ready in ten minutes! Can you let me sleep another twenty?" Rain asked as Star stepped back in her bedroom, her mane brushed.

"Nope! My family's planning a nice breakfast today!" She responded, rolling up her sleeping bag.

"Ugh... fine!" Rain responded, standing up. She then rolled her sleeping bag and brushed her mane.


The four walked down the stairs, where they were greeted by the fresh smell of pancakes and scrambled eggs.

"It smells so good!" Flora complimented as Platinum Shavings looked into the dining room.

"Thank you!" He responded as he continued flipping a frying pan. He soon placed the pancakes on plates and brought them out.

"I got the toppings!" Moonlit remarked as she took out whipped cream, sprinkles, blueberries and strawberries. Platinum then passed out a plate to everypony at the table before taking a seat.

"I'm here!" Melody Heart announced as she took a seat at the table.

"Hello!" Moonlit then sat down. "Did you girls sleep well?"

"Yep!" They all chorused as they started putting toppings on their pancakes.

Flora then started giggling. "Star!"

"What?" Star questioned as she stuffed some scrambled eggs into her mouth.

"You're probably going to be the buzz of the school with your new cutie mark!" Flora responded.

Star's eyes got wide. "Oh, come on! I hope nopony notices!"

"They're going to notice. Unless you find a way to hide it until somepony else in the class gets a cutie mark," Flora responded as she took a bite of her pancake.

"Ugh..." Star groaned as she slouched in her chair.


The four friends approached the school building and walked in.

"Take a seat, girls!" Play Write remarked as the four walked in. They all took seats next to each other and gave the teacher smiles.

"Alright. I believe everypony is here." Play Write then wrote "More Reading Time" on the chalkboard. "Before we get started, I will like to announce that we have a new student with us."

With that, a unicorn colt got up out of his seat. He seemed shy; for he was trying to avoid anypony's glance. Star got a good look at him when he walked by. He has a yellowish-orange coat with dark orange mane and spiky bangs. He also has purple eyes. His cutie mark looked like a tri-colored flame.

"Hello, everypony. My name is Sun Catcher."

"Hello, Sun Catcher!" The class chimed as Play Write put a hoof on Sun's shoulder.

"Why don't you tell us a little about yourself, Sun?" She asked as the young unicorn nervously nodded.

"Well, I moved here from Canterlot."

"CANTERLOT?!" A voice remarked. Everypony in the class looked over and saw it was Rarity. "Oh, I've always dreamed of living there!" Rarity then fluttered her eyelashes.

"Miss Rarity, please don't interrupt like that," Play Write exclaimed as Rarity hung her head low.

"Sorry, mam." As she said that, a few chuckles were heard from an orange earth pony named Applejack.

Play Write raised a brow as she smiled down at Sun Catcher.

"You may take your seat now. We are all happy to have you!" Play remarked as Sun sat back down.


"Well, I'm happy nopony noticed my cutie mark!" Star Chaser said in a low voice to her friends.

Rain Kicker nodded her head in agreement. "Yeah. I really don't want the popular fillies following us around all day."

Star smiled back in return. "Exactly."

Flora giggled as her glance drifted to a few tables away.

"They're also not giving any attention to him," Flora exclaimed, gesturing towards Sun Catcher, who was eating alone.

Aqua gasped. "Oh my gosh! We should invite him over with us!"

"Yep!" Flora responded as she stepped off of her seat.

As Flora walked up to Sun Catcher, the unicorn drifted his eyes to the table.

"I see you're by yourself," Flora stated. She then realized that that wasn't the best thing she could've said.

"Yeah." Sun then took another bite of his sandwich.

"Well... my friends and I were wondering if you wanted to sit with us. No fun being alone!" Flora responded, giving the unicorn a smile.

A small smile creeped onto Sun's mouth. "Well... alright. Thank you!" He then put his food in his lunch bag and switched tables.

"Hello!" Aqua greeted. "I'm Aqua Flash!" Aqua greeted.

"I'm Star Chaser."

"I'm Flora!"

"And I'm Rain Kicker!"

Sun smiled. "It's nice to meet you all! I'm Sun Catcher, as you know."

"It's nice to meet you, too!" Star responded. She then tried to think of a good conversation starter.

"What does your cutie mark symbolize?"

Sun Catcher beamed in pride. "Wait one second."

Sun's horn was then engulfed in a purple glow. In a few seconds, the glow changed from purple to reddish-orange. Star Chaser then felt the room temperature go up about twenty degrees. When the glow left Sun's horn, so did the heat.

Star's mouth hung open for a second. "Did you... create that heat?"

Sun nodded. "My special talent is heating up areas around me."

"That's so cool!" Aqua responded. She then looked at her own flank and sighed.

"I'm the only one in the group without a cutie mark!" Aqua remarked.

"Well, that's okay. You'll get it eventually." Star responded. Aqua nodded in response.

"So... do you like Canterlot?" Flora asked Sun Catcher.

"Um..." Sun pondered this for a moment. "I guess you can say I like it. It's much bigger than Ponyville. It's also populated by high-class ponies. Well, I got used to it. I have a feeling I'll like Ponyville much more, though."

"Do you mind me asking why you moved here?" Flora asked.

"My family doesn't have the money right now to live in Canterlot. It's really expensive."

Flora's ears flattened. "S-sorry I asked."

"Recess time!" Play Write called as everypony ran out to recess.

"You up for a game of tag? Or have you never played tag in Canterlot?" Rain asked as Sun got a more determined look on his face.

"Of course! You're it!" He responded as he poked Rain in the side and started running away.

The game went on, and Sun was running all around the playground, seeing many faces of fillies and colts he doesn't know. He felt like two fillies were eyeing him a little strangely, though. It was almost like they were plotting something mean to say.


The school bell rang as the class ended.

"Alright! The homework this weekend is reading a short poem! I'll see you next week!" Play Write dismissed as everypony ran outside. Star was happy. It was finally Friday! She caught up with her four friends and walked down the steps with them.

"Well, I have to go this way," Sun remarked as he pointed to the left.

"Alright. Our houses are this way, so I guess we'll see you on Monday!" Star responded as Sun nodded his head.

"Yep! Oh yeah, thanks for letting me hang out with you guys!"

"No problem! See ya!"

"See ya!"

As soon as the four finished waving to Sun, they turned around and made their way home.

Author's Note:

Sun Catcher as a stallion. (P.S. Just a heads up: Sun will NOT be a minor character in this story. I have a lot planned for him. :pinkiehappy:)