• Published 18th Jul 2015
  • 430 Views, 11 Comments

Dear Princess Cadence - Featherpen Lullaby



One of Cadence's many duties as The Princess of Love is helping ponies with their love related problems.

  • ...
5
 11
 430

Lovestruck

Dear Princess Cadence, Me and my best friend have been close since we were little but I think I’m starting to feel something more.

I’ve always loved my friend but I’ve never felt this way about before, I just want to be with her all the time. My heart beats faster when she’s around and when someone comes into the room and it isn’t her I feel disappointed. I’ve also started noticing little things that didn’t matter before now, like how she smells like candy of how pretty her mane looks when she tosses it. Am I in love?

I think I’m in love with her! What do I do? Do I tell her? What if it ruins our friendship? What if she doesn’t even swing that way?
If I say something and she doesn’t feel the same I know she won’t make a big fuss but our friendship will never be the same.

I recently found out that she’s been keeping a massive secret from me, what if she’s hiding something else? Like a secret special somepony? What if she’s married? Or maybe she’s hiding something good, like romantic feelings for me?

Please help me! I can’t just sit here and do nothing; I haven’t felt so strongly about anything since humans!
-Lovestruck

Dear Lovestruck, that’s a lot of questions but I’ll do my best to answer them all in a satisfactory manner.

Just to confirm your suspicions, yes, you are in love.

You should tell her, but do in a way that suits her. For example, you mentioned her smelling like candy so I assume she likes it; try involving candy in your confession, like a box of chocolate hearts and a note telling her how you feel.

As for her gender preference, I suggest figuring that out first and acting accordingly. If she prefers stallions then you don’t really have a chance, I’m sorry but I’m obligated to tell the truth. If she likes mares, then full steam ahead!

Having feelings for a friend is almost always tricky, it’s a balancing act, you have to be careful not to ruin what you have while trying to develop it into more than a friendship. All I can say is, be careful, try to get as much information as possible, if it’s likely that she feels the same then you’re good to go. If not than you have to wait, possibly forever, because from the sound of it your friendship is important to you and losing it would be very painful. Sometimes it’s better to weather the storm and keep things the same than ruin what you have, if the signs point to her not liking you than don’t do anything.

If she’s hiding something that could jeopardize a romantic relationship between the two of you than there’s nothing you can do. You could eliminate the threat but that would end up hurting two ponies even if you did get the girl in the end. If it’s just a special somepony than it may blow over and leave her single again but if it’s a spouse than all you can do is continue being friends with her and live with the pain.

You’re future is one that may be filled with pain and heartbreak but it could also end with a happily ever after and it is that hope that keeps us going.

Don’t give up!
With love, Princess Cadence.

Author's Note:

Same as before, any ideas let me know!