• Published 16th Jul 2015
  • 806 Views, 14 Comments

Big Mac's Journal of Desires - Just A Random Pegasus



Applejack reads Big Mac's journal of fantasy wishes.

  • ...
7
 14
 806

The Nightmare's Return

Applejack shifted around under her covers. She wondered what it would be like to sleep with wings and a horn. You wouldn't be able to bury your face in the pillow, for one. The wings would probably pop out from your body, causing an uncomfortable position. She turned the page to find the next chapter, The Nightmare's Return.


I woke up pretty early next morning, still not used to my new features. I took a step outside to see the sun rising. Tonight was the Summer Sun Celebration, and it was going to be held right here in Ponyville. Princess Celestia said that I would announce her to raise the sun and lower the moon. I spread my wings, which I took another long glance at. They were elegant; different from normal Pegasus wings. I then flapped them, and I felt weightless. But I fell to a harsh thud on the ground after only a few seconds.

I stood up, shaking the pain from my body. I decided that it would probably not be a good idea to fly to the center of town. I then made my way through the orchard. The streets were empty in Ponyville, except for the few ponies setting up decorations early. I walked to the Town Hall, where the mayor seemed to be giving a fairly nice-looking unicorn instructions. I walked up to her, curious if I could help in any way.

The mayor seemed to be really surprised to see me. She bowed, causing the unicorn to bow with her.

The unicorn greeted me, and told me her name was Rarity. She also described her career as a fashionista, and that she would be putting ribbons up. I wished her luck and asked the mayor what I could help with. She said that there's already more than enough helpers, and that I could do whatever prince-like-things I wanted.

So, I walked back to the orchard. I figured I could buck a few trees and get some fresh apples.

I spent a few hours getting baskets of apples. Applejack came to help me, but she asked me a lot about my royalty. As did my whole family. Since the Celebration was in Ponyville, everypony in our whole family came to Ponyville for a visit.

Soon, I found Applejack greeting an unfamiliar purple unicorn mare. The mare also had a baby dragon or something like that. My sister pointed over at me, saying my name. The unicorn gave a small bow when she set eyes on me. Applejack then tried to get her to stay for Apple Family treats. The unicorn refused at first, but then agreed when everypony in the family sounded disappointed.

After her stomach was full, she walked away, bowing to me one last time.

Soon enough, it was time for the celebration to start. I stood on top of the balcony, looking out at the crowd. Ponies from all different places were in the room. I heard some strange noise behind the curtains next to me, but payed no attention to it. Soon, it was time to announce Princess Celestia.

I silenced the ponies, and got them excited. I then tried to use my magic to open the curtains. I couldn't do it at first, but I concentrated more, and the curtains opened. I opened my eyes to find that Celestia was missing. The whole crowd below me gasped. I soon saw a mysterious purple mist form beside me. I quickly flapped my wings and harshly descended to the ground below. The mist then cleared, leaving a dark, armored alicorn standing it its place.

The alicorn, apparently named Nightmare Moon, started speaking. She said that the night would last forever. I was nervous, like everypony else in the room. I then saw the unicorn that visited the orchard earlier run outside. I then tried to fight the alicorn with my magic, but it did no good. She was too powerful. Suddenly, she was gone. The mist disappeared, leaving only screaming ponies left. I tried to find Applejack, but I assumed she had left, since I didn't see her. I thought I would find her in Sweet Apple Acres, but she wasn't there. Granny Smith had followed me there, and suggested that I stay inside.

About an hour later, I saw the sun rise. I then realized that the threat was fixed. I ran to the center of town, finding Princess Celestia. She said that I should be there for when she re-crowns her sister, Princess Luna.

When the coronation started, I stood next to Princess Celestia, who had just stepped off a chariot with Princess Luna. Two Pegasus fillies placed a crown upon her head, and everypony cheered. I then saw Applejack with five other ponies that looked very familiar. I had seen them all before. Then, Princess Celestia said that the purple unicorn could move to Ponyville with her new friends. They all looked as happy as can be.

Later that night, Applejack recounted her day. Apparently, she had defeated Nightmare Moon and became the bearer of the Element of Honesty. She also told me about her new friends; Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash. She chuckled and also described how Rarity kept asking her what it's like to be a princess. Well, she is technically one, since I am an alicorn prince myself.

I then climbed into bed and looked out on the stars. I decided that the next day, I would visit Princess Luna and properly introduce myself. I closed my eyes, and let my mind drift into dreams.