• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 1,714 Views, 82 Comments

Jammin' Gemini - Aragem



Ponyville prepares for Winter Welcome, but two guest arrive who aren't what they seem.

  • ...
3
 82
 1,714

Cafes and Hints

Applejack offered to stay with her, but Twilight Sparkle insisted that she was fine and that Applejack should take Apple Bloom home.

“It’s alright. Really, I am. I was careless and the spell backfired. It happens all the time.” She only hoped that her voice wasn’t shaking as much as her hooves. “I just need to rest. I’ll go upstairs and sleep for a few hours and I’ll be alright.”

The only reason Applejack agreed to leave her was because Apple Bloom was trembling herself. The filly had been spared viewing the dark vision, but the memory of her run in with the Wild Cat had hit with fresh trauma. The filly had tear stains on her face and she kept looking behind her as if fearful the Wildcat was still after her.

Applejack left with the promise of returning to check on her. After she left, then Twilight had to contend with Spike’s flustering over her.

“Twilight, do you want some tea? Or warm milk? I can get the doctor to come back.”

“There’s no need, Spike. I’m fine. The doctor said I was fine.” She was sitting on the cushion where she was set when she had calmed down enough to offer assurances of her wellbeing.

“He wasn’t here to see ya earlier when you were screaming. What happened? I’ve seen you cast spells a bazillion times and spells have backfired before, but not like this.” He threw his arms open towards her. “I thought you were havin’ a seizure.”

“I wasn’t having a seizure. It was just a reaction to the spell. I’m going upstairs to write my report to the Princess . . .”

“You’re going to tell her what happened because you’re worried.” Spike crossed his arms, his large eyes slanted.

“Spike,” Twilight warned.

He tossed up his arms in frustration. “Alright, if ya don’t wanna talk about it with me then that’s fine, but at least you’re letting the Princess know about it.”

He finally left her alone to take up his chores and she was able to retire to her room. She glanced out the window, her thoughts heavy with the memory of the vision. Was a really a reaction from the misfired spell or was it a warning? Regardless, this was something she should share with the Princess.

It took nearly two full scrolls to convey the circumstances of the event and describe what she experienced. She also noted that the substitute teacher from the north had arrived and was doing well. Twilight considered writing about Jelly’s injury, but decided to forgo that for now. Right now, the important thing was sharing with the princess the terrible vision she had.

When she finished, she rolled up the scrolls into a single roll and sealed them. She had Spike send the letter which he did so, but not without another round of inquiries about her state of mind and health and more insisting that she see a doctor.

She was able to placate him by allowing him to brew a calming tea for her. And while he was busy, she took this time to meditate on the events of the past. So much has happened. The red comet, Apple Bloom going missing with no memory of it, the metal eye that grounded Rainbow Dash and attacked Pinkie Pie, and now this horrid vision, deep in her heart she knew that all of this was linked together somehow. But how did they connect? And what did it mean for her, her friends, Ponyville, or Equestria?

When Spike returned with tea, he came with the Princess’s response. Twilight hastily broke the seal and unrolled it for her hungry eyes.

Dearest Student,

The vision you had was likely a harsh magical backlash from the memory spell which is common since you were sharing a memory with a filly that had experienced a life threatening situation. Such backlashes can be very frightening and traumatic both physically and mentally. The backlash was likely due to stress and fatigue from Winter Welcome preparations. Memory or any spell of the mind can be difficult and should only be performed by a well-rested mind.

However, I will concede that magic has been known to cause visions or premonitions of future events or give warnings of impending disasters to the caster, but these are very rare events and there is no need for concern. I urge you to put the vision out of your mind and enjoy Winter Welcome because I know how hard you’ve worked to make it a grand event. And if you are still concerned about it after the celebration, then you and I can discuss it when you come to the Winter Ball with the tickets I’ve enclosed. There is one for each of your friends and two extras for the teacher and her daughter.

The Winter Ball usually turns out better than the Galloping Gala.

Your eternal teacher,

Princess Celestia

Twilight unrolled the scroll to see the tickets held together with a paperclip.

When she showed Spike, he smacked a hand to his brow, “Ugh, I hope this dance doesn’t end like the Galloping Gala.”

“Rarity and Rainbow Dash will likely go, but I don’t know about the others. They may want to sit this one out.” Twilight handed the tickets to Spike for safekeeping. “I’ll hand them out during the Winter Welcome tomorrow.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Princess Celestia gazed out the window toward the royal gardens. They were being decorated by the staff for the Winter Ball with white and blue streamers and starlets hung in the tall bushes. Then she lifted her gaze to the solid blue sky, bright and inviting from the warmth of the sun she had brought forth for Equestria.

Despite the cheery view, her heart was heavy with a deep worry. Signs had been cropping up that gripped her suspicion and concern. Luckily, she had postponed any regal proceedings for that day due to the eve of Winter Welcome. It gave her time to consider the future. “Luna, change is coming.”

Her sister, the Night Goddess raised her head from the sofa with a straw between her lips from where she had been sipping Sun Tea. The Royal Sisters spent their time together whenever possible. It wasn’t as often as they would have liked since one took charge of the day and the other night. “Why do you say that, Celestia?”

“I feel it. I recognize this feeling. I felt it before we overthrew Discord’s rule and then back when I took over the duty of calling forth the sun.”

“You’re just upset because of the missing zebra foal.” Luna rose to her hooves and moved to Celestia’s side. Their constantly flowing tails entangled for a moment as she took her place beside her sister. The hair slowly parted, almost unwillingly. “The guards haven’t stopped looking and they’ll keep looking until she is found.”

“Until then, her father will continue to claim that this is a pony plot against the Zebra Kingdom. And there is the matter of the missing unicorn foal, Sweet Hearts. Both gone. What kind of kingdom is this that innocents could disappear and not be found?”

“This is not your fault. You’ve done everything in your power to find them and they will be found. I promise.” It was a promise that the Goddess of Stars and the Moon dearly hoped could be kept.

“Twilight Sparkle had a vision.” Celestia turned away from the window, using her magic to let the drapes fall back into place. “A memory spell recoiled against her and she saw something that terrified her.”

“Recoiled magic can do that sometimes, especially if it’s a spell of the mind. It’s surely nothing to worry about.” Luna turned and followed her sister into their private parlor.

“If it was any other student from my school, I would agree, but this is Twilight Sparkle.” Celestia’s wings folded against her sides before lowering herself onto a cushion. “She is the most talented and promising student I have had in the last thousand years and she is the bearer for the Element of Magic. When a pony such as her gets a vision, then there is meaning behind it.”

“Then if you fear this vision, what must be done?” Luna claimed the cushion beside her, looking up at her sister from her smaller stature.

“Wait and hope. If destiny is in play, then there is nothing we can do to hinder or aid it. There is no need to worry her during Winter Welcome. I don’t believe the danger is impending at this time.” Celestia rolled a hoof along the edge of an empty cup provided by the servants. On the small table before them was a bottle of Petal Juice, a favored drink for the Princesses. “Also, the teacher who took over in Ponyville isn’t from the north. I believe she and her daughter aren’t who they say they are.”

Luna blinked. “How do you know that?”

“Because I received a letter from Yogurt Cream stating that she wouldn’t be able to take over Cheerilee’s teaching position due to a broken leg.”

“What are you going to do about it?”

“Nothing. Ponyville needed a teacher, somepony stepped up, and Twilight says that she’s doing very well. It may be that a pony just needs a chance to prove herself and you and I both know how much it can pay off to give a pony a chance.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Applejack could feel her young sister trembling on her back. The filly had uttered a word since their departure from the library. The farm mare had planned on taking Apple Bloom to school after the memory spell, but now she felt it was better to take her home for the rest of the day.

“Apple Bloom, how ‘bout we get sugar and eggs and make some Apple Family Pancakes for dinner.”

“Pancakes for dinner?” That caught her attention.

“Yeah, I think Rainbow Dash called it Brinner. Sounds like fun ta me.”

“O-okay.”

“Do ya wanna talk ‘bout it, hun?” Applejack asked gently.

“Ah almost died.”

Applejack stopped walking, “But ya didn’t. Ya safe now.”

“Ah was so scared.”

Applejack sat down, sliding Apple Bloom off her back and drawing her around. “Sugar, Ah’m so sorry you went through that. Ah’d walk through fire ‘fore I let anythin’ ‘appen to ya.”

“Ya weren’t there. Ah was all by muhself and that Wildcat was gonna kill me.” Unshed tears glistened in the filly’s eyes. “And we still don’t know how Ah got back. How did Ah get out of the water without that thing eatin’ me?”

Applejack drew a hoof along her sister’s cheek in a physical attempt to take away her pain. “Please, believe me when Ah say it’s alright. Ya ain’t alone now and Ah believe that for you to git outta mess like that, ya had some help so ya wasn’t alone then.”

“But then who saved me?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jelly stood on the dais and for the first time really looked at herself as a pony. Her eyes were larger and so blue. Her mane and tail were the same blue brilliance and appeared sharply in contrast with her soft green coat. Her mane was being held away from her face while Rarity discussed possible hair accessories with her.

“The tiara with amethysts looks perfect with the dress, but then we can try flowers instead.”

“I like the tiara.” Jelly turned her head, enjoying seeing the precious stones catch the light. “I could wear my hair back in a braid.”

“Oh no. Your mane is too lovely to be hidden away. It should be curled at the ends and worn loose.”

After they had left the café, Winter had taken leave to see City Hall for himself. He claimed that he wanted to see the sights and enjoy himself; also that he wasn’t much good in female territory in dresses. They parted ways and Jelly decided to go to her dress fitting since it seemed likely they were going to stay longer after all.

Rarity did most of the talking, occasionally inquiring upon Jelly’s comments on her appearance. She spoke about town gossip about who was taking who the dance, and then she went on about Canterlot fashion and members of the elite. The names of course meant nothing to Jelly, but she enjoyed hearing their names.

“Then Fancy Pants showed up wearing a blue bard and for the rest of the season blue was the new black,” Rarity chatted away.

“Fancy Pants. . .” Jelly could see her reflection’s mouth tighten as she struggled not to laugh.

“Oh, he’s just the most popular unicorn in Canterlot. I was personally invited to one of his gatherings during my stay in Canterlot.” Rarity magically carried three boxes from nearby case and then set them on the floor while lifting the lids off. Inside were round slippers, one pair looked as it was made of glass, another pair had ribbons, and the last pair looked like small boots.

“Shoes?” Jelly was surprised when she saw them. She had believed that ponies didn’t have any footwear at all since they had hooves.

“Slippers,” Rarity corrected. “Let’s try on each pair until we find the pair you like and looks fabulous.”

The door swung open and Applejack and Apple Bloom came inside. Jelly drew in a quick breath when she saw the filly and when the filly saw her, she shrank back. The green unicorn offered a cheerful smile, “It’s good to see you, Apple Bloom.”

“Hello, Miss Jam,” Apple Bloom said weakly.

“Apple Bloom, Ah think ya got sumthin’ ta say ta Miss Jam.” Applejack prodded the filly with a hoof.

“Um . . . Ah’m sorry,” Apple Bloom whispered. “It was wrong of me ta go through yer stuff and take things.”

“It’s alright, Apple Bloom. You can keep the pictures. They’re yours anyways.”

Apple Bloom raised her face with wide eyes. She and Jelly looked into each other’s eyes from across the boutique and understanding crossed between them. Jelly gave the filly a small wink which could mean anything.

“We jest came by ta see if ya got my duds ready for tomorrow.”

“It’s ready. I have it in the back if you want to see it.”

“Sure, I’ll come back and see. Apple Bloom, ya stay here and stay outta trouble, ya hear?”

“Yes.” Apple Bloom sat on her haunches with eyes doe like, looking the image of innocence.

Applejack followed Rarity into the back and the curtain hadn’t fallen into place before Apple Bloom charged across the room to the dais. She lifted her front hooves onto the edge and looked with pleading eyes at her. “Ya know somethin’. Ya know what ‘appened ta me.”

Jelly glanced at the closed curtain and leaned forward folding her front legs beneath her. The dress rustled and she worried that she was wrinkling it. Despite it, she leaned close and whispered, “Yes, but I can’t tell you right now. I promise that soon I will tell you everything that happened.”

“Were ya the one that save me from the Wildcat?”

“Not me, someone else, but he brought you to me and I did take care of you.” Jelly wanted so much to tell her more, but she dared not. Apple Bloom’s memory was erased to save her life. She didn’t know what would happen if she regained it.

“Did ya take away muh memory?”

“No, no, not me. It was someone else who ordered that and it was done for your own protection or I would never have allowed them to do that.” Jelly glanced away at the curtain and said, “Please, don’t ask me any more questions because I really can’t. I wish I could, but there’ll be trouble if I do. And you have to promise me that you won’t speak of this to anyone. Please, promise me.”

Apple Bloom looked as if she would protect, but a determine look filled her eyes and said, “Ah’ll promise if ya make a Pinkie Promise ta tell me what’s what later on.”

“O-okay, but I don’t know how.” Ponies didn’t have pinky fingers.

“It’s easy. ‘Cross muh heart, hope ta fly, stick a cupcake in muh eye.” Apple Bloom demonstrated by crossing a hoof over her heart, waved it above her head, and then pressed it against her right eye.

“Uh, okay. ‘Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a c-c-cupcake in my eye.” Jelly copied the hoof motion and ended with her hoof against her eye.

The filly looked satisfied and nodded, “Fine, Ah’ll stop askin’, but ya gotta tell me soon ‘bout what’s goin’ on.”

“I will soon.”

“Oh! Ah know Ah promised not ta ask no more, but Ah got one more. Did ya draw the picture of me in the white dress?”

Jelly smiled, her eyes threatening to well with tears, “I did, beautiful. I did draw that for you.”

“Hey, beautiful. Sorry, I woke you. I just had a bad time.”

Apple Bloom’s tail swung as the memory flowed like spring water on a hot day through her mind. The curtain brushed aside and Applejack walked through with a package string between her teeth. “A’ple Boom, ‘et’s go.”

Jelly stood up as Apple Bloom stepped away from the dais. Before they could leave, the door swung open and Sweetie Belle bounded inside, “Apple Bloom! Guess what! We’re doing a time capsule at school. We got to dig a big hole and Mrs. Jam was really really nice and happy today. She read us stories, let us write letters to ourselves twenty years from now for the time capsule, and let us have an extra-long recess. And then she let us leave early for Winter Welcome!”

“Wait, ya mean that . . .Victory was . . . nice?” Apple Bloom stared amazed. She was no more astounded than Jelly whose jaw dropped in shocked.

“Yeah! I asked her if you could write your letter and I could take it back and she said, yes. But she and Miss Jam are going to bury the letters tonight so she’s gotta get it before then.”

“Apple Bloom, how about you go ahead and write your letter and I can take it with me to the school. I was planning on going by there once we finished anyway,” Jelly offered.

“Applejack, can Ah stay here with Sweetie Belle and then meet ya home later?” Apple Bloom turned to her sister.

At first, Jelly believed the mare would say no, but then her eyes soften. She set the parcel on the floor and said, “Ya come straight home when ya get done. Before dark, ya hear?”

“Yes ma’am!”

As Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom scampered upstairs, the white unicorn foal said, “Mrs. Jam wanted the hole pretty deep. She even jumped in and laid down in it to make sure that it was just the right size.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I can’t find my glasses!” May looked under the seats with her blue rear with a mirror cutie mark and green tail in the air.

“I found them.” A green pony walked over on three legs while a forehoof held the thin rimmed glasses. “Honestly, May, this is the third time . . . third time today that you lost these. Either not wear them or just get a glasses chain.”

“No, glasses chains get tangled in my mane.” May retrieved her glasses from her sister, Truth. “Thanks though.”

She set the glasses on her nose in time to see a very good looking stallion enter the auditorium. He was jet black with white mane and tail with an ice sword for a cutie mark. He was looking about with amber eyes as if searching for someone.

“Wow.” Truth turned to see what her sister was staring at and got an eyeful of the handsome stallion. “Who is that?”

“I don’t know, but I would love to know.”

“Oh, hay! He’s coming this way.”

“Hey, ladies. I’m looking for a green unicorn with a white streak in her hair. I heard that she may be a musician.” The pegasus stallion gave them a bright smile that made their hearts melt.

“You mean Lyra Heartstrings? She left after practice. She said something about looking for something around the bridge,” Truth replied.

“Oh, she’s at the bridge. Okay, I know where that is, thanks.” He turned away and they watched him leave the auditorium the way he came in.

“Lyra Heartstrings is one lucky mare. . . .”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winter found the unicorn mare at the same bridge from last night. She was standing on her hind hooves, looking over the edge into the water. He glanced at her hip and confirmed that on it was the right mare by the cutie mark harp.

He assumed that she was looking for him again. Not him as a stallion, but the human him. He approached her, tucking his wings against his side. He found that he rather walk with wings spread whereas with folded wings made him feel like he’s wearing a vest.

“Hello, lost something?” he asked casually as reared onto his back legs beside her. He placed his hooves on the bridge rail and looked to see if recognition would cross her eyes.

It didn’t. “No, I didn’t lose anything. I saw something strange last night and I’m hoping it’ll come back.”

“Was it an animal?” He made sure to make his voice curious and intrigued.

“No, I don’t think it was an animal, but it wasn’t a pony either. It was much too big to be one and it walked on two legs.”

“It may have been a big bird.”

“No, it wasn’t a bird. It didn’t have any fur or feathers. It had a dark mane though.” Lyra turned to Winter and said, “And it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw.”

Winter blinked. “Oh.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was near dark by the time Jelly left Rarity’s boutique. All the details were discussed and tried before Rarity was satisfied enough to allow her to leave. Mane and tail design, slippers, makeup, jewelry, and even perfume were covered for tomorrow. She even booked Jelly an appointment for a spa treatment tomorrow afternoon before the dance would take place. When she was human, she had gone to hair salons and even had her nails done a few times, but nothing to the degree Rarity was spoke of. Massage, hoofincure, steam bath, mud mask, and hair style was the order for tomorrow. When Jelly admitted that there was no way she could pay for this, Rarity dismissed it and stated that it was free since her mother was helping Ponyville out with the foals.

And that was a reminder for errand. In her mouth, she carried Apple Bloom’s letter sealed in an envelope. The filly had written her letter, played with Sweetie Belle, and then hurried toward home once it looked the sun was setting.

Along the way, she took enjoyment in seeing the decoration and the stalls and games along the streets. Ponies were also admiring the decorations and up above, the pegasi were moving clouds together to create an overcast sky. For the first time, she realized that air was cooler than it was this morning. It was almost chilly enough to warrant a coat.

When she arrived at the school, the sun was just a half disc on the horizon. Before she reached the door, Victory appeared at the door way and looked toward the setting sun. * “Looks like Luna is taking over.” *

*“Who?” * Jelly said through the envelope.

*“Princess Luna, this world’s goddess of the night. I’m surprised that you haven’t learned who the rulers of this world are. The ponies practice ruler worship. Two princesses, one can bring up the sun and the other brings the night. They recently had a thousand year old spat that has just been reconciled due to ponies from this town.” *

*“I’be ‘een issy.” * Jelly held out the letter. *“A’ple Boom’s ‘etter.” *

Victory’s magic took the letter from Jelly’s mouth. * “Ah, just in time. I’m about to bury the letters.” *

Victory took it inside and Jelly followed her. Victory carried it to plastic tubberware sitting on the edge of the desk. * “I’ll need you to come with me . . .to bury it.” *

*“Okay, I can do that.” * Jelly noticed that Victory wasn’t her usual self. She was actually smiling, not a mean snarky smile, but a genuine pleasant smile. * “You’re happy.” *

*“Really? I look happy?” * She popped open the tub with magic and laid the letter inside. * “I guess I am happy. Weird, I’m not usually so happy.” *

* “I think everyone deserves to be happy every once in a while,” * Jelly said.

* “Yeah, I think so too. Isn’t that strange.” * Victory snapped the lid shut.

* “I heard you did very well with the foals today. Sweetie Belle said that she had a lot of fun today.” *

* “Yeah, I didn’t terrorize them or punish them in any way. I was actually nice to them today.” *

* “Are you dying?” * Jelly had to ask.

* “Oh, everyone is always dying. I’m not going to be the one that die today.” * Victory wrapped the tub with a roll of tape.

* “That’s good.” *

* “That’s very good.” * Victory’s back was to Jelly. If she had been facing Jelly, then the yeoman pony would have seen her smile turn predatory>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*“Goodness, it certainly had turned cold.” * Jelly shivered as Victory led her toward the burial site for the time capsule.

* “It’s the pegasi. They are getting everything ready for First Snow tomorrow.” * Victory answered without looking back. * “May I ask you a personal question, since you asked me one yesterday?” *

* “Sure. I don’t mind.”

* “Why did you enlist? Just curious.” * Victory paused for a moment, giving her a quick glance over the shoulder.

* “Uh . . .well . . .it’s personal.” *

* “That’s why I said that it was a personal question.” * Victory usual venom edged the words as her impatience filtered through.

* “Oh . . . um . . . well, I found out something about myself that wasn’t true.” *

* “Such as?” *

Jelly paused and looked down at her hooves. * “Uhhh . . . I think . . . that. Look, let me ask you this . . .and this may be a shitty way of asking . . .but do you remember where you were or what you were doing on Oro 21 4308?” *

*”How the hell am I supposed to remember something that happened more than twenty years ago?” * Victory stopped to glare impatiently at her. * “I don’t like guessing games.” *

* “I’m not surprised, but please. I think it would be easier for both of us if you remember. Oro 21 4308 . . . what were you doing?” * Jelly felt herself trembling inside.

* “Give me a second to think, dammit.” *

They continued while Victory’s cheery mood slipped away. The hole was a deep black wound in the earth. It was deep, deeper than Victory had wanted, but the foals just enjoyed digging so much she allowed them dig the hole another three feet deeper.

Nice and deep. A perfect burial place for Jelly’s body.

The sun had gone, leaving the stars as an audience for the happenings on Equestria. Victory dropped the tub into the hole where it bounced along the sod before it rested at the bottom. Jelly peered into the hole, barely able to see the rub in the darkness. * “Wow, did it really have to be so deep?” *

*”Foals like to dig. Especially the earth ones. I ended up having to levitate them in and out of that hole before we finished.” *

* “It’s going to be a bitch to fill in.” * Jelly grimaced as she looked at the mountain of soil and sod with a single shovel stuck in it.

* “Yeah . . .it will be.” * Especially since I’ll be filling it in myself. Victory cast her gaze to Jelly. * “So if I guess what’s important about that date, Oro 21 4380, then I have a better understanding of why you enlisted and why you are on my ship?” *

Jelly nodded, exhaling a long breath. * “Yeah.” *

*”Okay, I’ll play along. I’ll consider it a last request.” * Victory stomped a hoof near the edge of the hole. At Jelly’s confused look, Victory leaned forward bringing her snout close to the aqua unicorn’s. * “I know about how you’ve been investigating me . . . I don’t like that. I don’t like it at all.” *

Jelly’s coloring drained to a near sickly grey. She glanced at the hole and then back at Victory. * “You had those foals . . . dig a grave for me . . .” *

*“Yes, yes, I am very terrible person. Okay. Oro 21 4308. What was I doing? Was I killing someone? Was I blowing something up? Come on . . . give me a little hint.” * She stepped closer to Jelly, causing the younger unicorn to stumble onto her haunches, sitting on the upturned soil.

Jelly could hardly speak, but through trembling lips she whispered, * “You were in a hospital.” *

*”So I was injured. Big deal. My job is dangerous, I’ve been hospitals and medical ward countless times.” *

* “You weren’t injured.” *

* “There was that time when I had an infection . . .” *

* “No, you weren’t sick either . . .” *

Victory narrowed her eyes as her patience was reaching its end. *”Okay, give me another hint. Why is this date so important to you?” *

The aqua unicorn straightened her shoulders as if she was bracing herself for pain. * “It’s the day I was born.” *

*”And what the hell does that have to do . . . . with me. . . .” Victory’s body which had been tense with potential violence recoiled as if she had been burned. She stared at Jelly with new eyes. * “Shit . . . shit shit shit shit . . . . .shit.” *

* “My father was a medical officer on the Zanburst while it was involved in the Salva conflict. His name was Stuart Briggs . . .” * Jelly looked down at the grass between her hooves, not wishing to see Victory’s face. * “You guys met . . .and I was born nine months later . . .” *

*”Fuck me . . . .”* Victory sat heavily on her haunches as if all the spirit had been sucked from her. Her hooves planted on her head as she stared in horror at the aqua unicorn.

* “Yeah, that’s kinda how I came around.” * Jelly looked up at Victory, her eyes shining with unshed tears. * “ . . . .Mom . . .”