• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 2,972 Views, 28 Comments

Equestria Girls...? - TwilightsmyMare



My take on the Equestria Girls story in my own universe.

  • ...
7
 28
 2,972

Part 2 (Reunion)

We both stood there staring a moment before I looked around a bit more, right behind us was a large statue of a rearing horse, passing my hand through it carefully I could see the portal here was situated along one side of its base. Twilight too reached out passing her hand through it as well, it was a relief that it was still open. Further out and all around us stretched a city much like any other I'd seen on Earth, traffic, people, stores and homes.

"Is this...? Earth?"

"No, but close..." And it was but something was off, I couldn't quite put my finger on it though...

"Whoa!" She started to teeter while looking around clutching onto me tightly before she fell. "How do you balance on just two legs?! You make it look so easy!"

I laughed helping her keep her balance. "Lots of practice love... Hmm... I guess I better call you by name here."

"Why? Oh, right... High school. Do you think whoever took the crown is in there?"

"Could be, no one would think to look for someone plotting world domination here eh?"

"Hmm... I guess not, we had better get busy and find it then!"

"Sounds good."

I helped her along until we reached the stairs leading up to the main entrance, there was a handrail she grasped eagerly still very unsteady on her feet, I stayed close making sure she didn't fall, she was learning fast though by the time we made it up the stairs and through the front door she could stand on her own without wobbling too much.

I looked around and was impressed, much like the city of the same name it was clean, well built and beautiful. Arched hallways led to the left and right lines of lockers and doorways to the various classrooms no doubt. Straight ahead of us was a huge foyer, bulletin boards, benches, trophy cases (with quite a few trophy’s I might add.) An information kiosk with a map which we'd need I was sure.

"Wow... I'll bet they have a huge library..." Twilight breathed making me smile.

"No doubt, let’s take a look at that map..." As we carefully looked it over I noticed the noise level rising, when we first arrived it had been practically deserted but in ones and two's students and teachers had been trickling in they all looked normal enough... Well for this place, the biggest difference seemed to be the varying skin tones very reminiscent of the pony’s fur colors in Equestria, strange...

I could already see some high school hallmarks I remembered, certain groups... Jocks, nerds, goths, head bangers and more plenty of groups and sub-groups all meeting every day in this place but separate from one another...

Twilight however was more interested in locating the library practically dragging me off, there were plenty of students around now getting ready for class and hanging out in their social groups. As we threaded our way through we saw a few couples holding hands while walking Twi stared a moment before looking at me.

"What are they doing?"

"Holding hands, it's... Well I guess a way of showing others your together and of course the pleasure of physical contact."

"Can... Can we?" She asked biting her bottom lip looking hopeful.

"Of course Twi, I'd love to..." I took her small hand and she smiled.

"I like it."

I smiled giving hers a squeeze immediately having it returned. "Me too." We continued on like that, it was nice but in the same way as walking beside her with my arm over her side... We kept walking there was a lot to see.

...Song...

That girl with the skateboard... She sped by ducking under our hands with a devil may care grin, I knew that grin...

"Angel...?"

She stopped looking back at me curiously until her friends caught up pulling her along.

"Was that...?"

"It sure looked... Scootaloo? Sweetie Belle and Applebloom? What’s going on...?" We just stood there a moment even more confused until we heard a shout from a nearby hallway.

"Hey!"

We took a quick look, most of the nearby students in that hall had fled save a girl with long pink hair, a guy with shoulder length black hair and another girl with fairly long mint-green hair.

"What the hell did you think you were doing taking what belongs to me and giving it to the principal?! You some sort of teachers pet?" He growled at the pink-haired girl.

"Yes... I mean no... I didn't know it was yours, I'm sorry..." She squeaked pressing her back into a bank of lockers trying to put some distance between her and him.

"Just because I dropped something doesn't mean...! I was going to give it to my girl and now you've ruined it!" Isn't that right babe?"

"What? Oh! Yeah! How dare you... You... Bitch..." She mumbled unconvincingly but he didn't seem to notice.

"Now what to do with you...?" He mused darting forward to grab her wrist pulling her away from the locker roughly eliciting a squeak from her.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!"

"Let her go." Twilight and I's voices echoed down the hall as we moved up.

He looked over his shoulder dismissing us with a roll of his eyes turning back to the girl he had ahold of. "This isn't over..." He growled shoving her back to bounce off the lockers falling to her knees with a cry of pain.

"You son of a..." I was ready to punch him right in his smug face but Twi grasped my arm partially to keep herself from falling over but more so to hold me back.

"We're the strangers here remember?" She whispered. I clenched my fist harder a moment but released it with a grunt and a barely perceptible nod.

He spun to face us with considerable speed his grin was anything but welcoming or apologetic. "Well look what we've got here, a white knight all set to save the damsel..." He scrutinized us a moment raising an eyebrow. "I don't recognize you, either of you. I thought I knew all the losers in this school..." He chuckled.

"We just... Transferred here, I'm..."

"No one asked you!" He snapped at Twilight. "I was talking to the white knight here..." He added giving me a small shove.

The temptation to floor him... Well to try to floor him at least, he was definitely smaller and lankier then me even in this teen form but he was fast and I had no doubt wiry and dirtier then a public outhouse. Plus getting kicked out of the school wouldn't help us at all, I held up my hands peacefully.

"Look buddy we're not looking for trouble..."

"I'm not your buddy, and troubles what I'm all about... I run this school don't forget it. I'll let you off with a warning this time seeing’s your new, ask around and you'll get the big picture." He gestured at the pink-haired girl still kneeling on the floor trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. "Maybe this slut will fill you in, let's go babe..." He shouldered past me not looking back.

"Oh... Ok..." The mint-haired girl squeaked following him, she'd remained quiet looking embarrassed until he spoke then dutifully obeyed smiling apologetically at us as she passed. She was very pretty but I caught a glimpse of fading bruises on her arms and neck that her makeup couldn't cover, my jaw tightened but I managed to hold my tongue until they rounded the corner and we turned our attention to the girl before us.

Twilight kneeled before her. "Are you ok?" She asked only receiving a small nod in return as she still hid behind her long hair. "My names Twilight Sparkle, this is my... Um..."

Uh oh, I hadn't thought about that we couldn't hardly be married in high school...

"My brother! Yes that’s it, Rick Sparkle..."

Brother...? Well I suppose that was some quick thinking.

She peeked out her voice barely a whisper. "I'm Fluttershy..."

"Didn't quite catch that..."

Fluttershy? That’s not... Well there was Angel... And her friends looked a lot like... Just what was going on here? Was this a true parallel dimension? There were some definite similarities but glaring differences too... Didn't matter if I couldn't explain it I guess, it already was. "I think she said her name was Fluttershy lo... Twi."

"Oh! Pleased to... Wait, what?! Fluttershy?!"

"Y... Yes?" She squeaked trying to back up further but only succeeding in pressing herself against the lockers I imagined if she could she'd open one and crawl inside she certainly had that in common with our Fluttershy... I wonder...

I looked around purposefully not at her trying to put her slightly more at ease. "It's too bad our pet ferret Pan isn't here, he'd love these wide open halls to run and play in..."

"Pan? But he's..."

"A pet ferret really?! Ooh I just love animals! Do you have any other pets?" Fluttershy perked up immediately.

There she was... Still I almost expected Celestia and Luna to pop out of nowhere at any moment and yell 'Gotcha!' or Discord maybe...

"Uh... I have an owl named Owlicious..."

"An owl?! Wow that’s amazing! I have three dogs, two cats, eighteen goldfish, a hedgehog and an iguana! I've made friends with all the birds in the nearby woods too, I love to listen to them sing..." A rustle from her nearby backpack interrupted her. "Oh! I mustn’t forget my bunny Angel." She unzipped her bag and he stuck his head out looking around sniffing curiously, he looked nearly identical to his counterpart from our world... Dimension, whatever... The only thing that was missing was he seemed less... Aware, more like a normal animal and not the furry pain in the butt he was. We both petted him scratching behind his ears as she fed him a few small carrot sticks holding a water bottle for him to drink from.

"I have to be careful though, pets aren't allowed on school grounds... Thank you for sticking up for me..." She whispered. "But you shouldn't have! Sombra and his gang..."

"Sombra?!" Twilight and I both exclaimed.

"Uh... Yes? Do you know him?"

"We know of him..." Twilight frowned.

"He's so mean! I... I don't think he's ever hurt anyone badly but he and his 'gang', just a bunch of guys who don't want to be bullied I think... But they've beaten up a few guys who have stood up to him and they push around anyone they can, their always careful to cover their tracks so they never get caught though..."

"What was he mad at you about? You found something...?" I asked.

"A crown maybe...?"

She blinked and stared at us. "How did you know? I was just on my way home after staying late to help clean up after the class pets for the kindergarteners, they try but they really don't know how to care for them properly yet... Oh, right. I was walking past the statue out front, I must have been daydreaming because I saw a flash and immediately tripped over a beautiful crown! There was no one around and I couldn't just leave it there!"

"What did you do with it?" Twilight asked eagerly.

"I turned it over to Principal Celestia of course."

"Principal...?"

"Celestia...?"

"Haven't you met our Principal and Vice-Principal yet?"

"Uh... Not just yet. And just who is our Vice-Principal?" I asked though I had a guess.

"Vice-Principal Luna of course, she's nice but she seems much stricter then Principal Celestia."

Curiouser and curiouser…

"I turned it over to her and she was quite grateful, apparently it had gone missing a while ago and she was worried she wouldn't be able to get a replacement in time for the crowning of the King and Queen at the Fall Formal."

"Fall Formal?"

"You really are new! Every fall we have a big dance having a good time and we all vote for a King and Queen who rule until the next year..." She stared dreamily off into space a moment. "It's so romantic, but..."

"But?"

"Well... Sombra and Lyra have kind of bullied their way into winning the past few years, Sombra I can understand but I don't know why she follows him so happily..."

"Lyra...?" I looked over my shoulder knowing they were both long gone but confused. How did you get yourself mixed up in all this Lyra? I wondered.

She glanced at her watch and jumped. "Oh my! I'm going to be late!" She pulled herself up scooping Angel bunny back into her backpack. "I've got to run! Um... See you later?"

"You bet Fluttershy..." I smiled to her as we watched her rush off.

"Rick..."

"I know."

"What’s going on here?"

"Any explanation I could give would be pure guesswork... Your world, my world... And now this one, I mean... If there really is an infinite number of worlds or dimensions then this would easily be possible but..."

"What?"

"I'm not sure, something seems off..."

"I know what you mean, though it could just be this body..." She sighed wobbling slightly. "Well I guess we should go ask Princess... I mean Principal Celestia about the crown but I don't see how she would take us seriously..."

"True, actually I think you were right the first time and we should check out the library, see what we can find out."

"Really?! Great, let’s go!"

I had to grin at her excitement as she dragged me off again, the library not surprisingly was large and well stocked thousands of titles but also a central area with a dozen computers setup, that was more like it.

"I'm going to go check out what books they have! I wonder if they use the pony decimal system...?" She giggled prancing off adorably.

I settled down in front of an unoccupied computer, it had been awhile but I spent enough time around them before I remembered how to use them and began searching, what I found was very interesting and a bit disturbing. Being a school computer it was a limited system but you could search local, world and school news as well as historical records.

The news wasn't what I was expecting at all not what I remembered, floods, famine, fires, murder and horrific accidents there was none of that. Weather, local interest pieces, quiet and respectful though still some celebrity gossip and minor accidents but none of the sensationalism I would have expected. Even stranger was when I delved into the history of this world, no wars, no famine or plague. Not that there was any problem with that but events like that help to mold societies, help them grow and change if they survive...

But here just steady growth somehow reaching the same level of civilization my world had, I looked further and further back skimming along through historical records until it stopped... Not 'You do not have access.' Not even sketchy modified records or even guesses about mankind’s beginnings, almost a thousand years back from this day there was just... Nothing...

Thump! Twi sat down beside me dropping a dozen or so books on the table with a sigh. "So many great books but... Their missing a lot too, one's I would think would have been written here as well... But I guess we can't really be sure right?"

I turned off the computer and nodded. "True, it's too soon to tell much really, I didn't find anything useful about the crown. A little about the upcoming dance though, you?"

"The... Crown...?" She blushed fetchingly looking sheepish. "I..."

"Forgot?" I chuckled kissing her cheek. "That’s ok, it's to be expected. A new world, a new library... A lot to take in."

"You..." She smiled giving me a punch in the shoulder. "I suppose we should go talk to this Principal Celestia but... without any proof it's ours, and there’s no way we can tell her about Equestria."

"We should keep that to ourselves for sure... Well I suppose it can't hurt to ask right?"

"Well..."

I sighed. "Your right, at best it would just make us look suspicious... Hmm..."

"I suppose..."

"Yes?"

"We could try to become the king and queen of the dance? Then they would just give the crown to us..."

"That’s... Not a bad idea, but we don't go to this school and we don’t know anyone..."

"Right..." She hung her head but I reached over to nudge her chin up.

"However if Fluttershy is here..."

"Then..."

"The others must be too, and they... Well once their re-introduced to you, would help I'm sure."

"Yes! But what about the 'me' from this world? Shouldn't she be here? Fluttershy didn't recognize me though..."

"Hmm... Well if she's half as smart and amazing as you she might be in collage already, private school or maybe even home- schooled right?"

She blushed with a little smile. "Maybe... Well I guess our first step should be convincing this worlds Celestia that we've transferred here that could be tough without some sort of documentation..."

As it turned out it wasn't difficult at all, this worlds Celestia and Luna were both young women I guessed in their late twenties or early thirties quite young to be a Principal and Vice-Principal but perhaps not here... They took down our names and thanks to our bit of research we were able to provide a town and schools name that wasn't too far away we were transferring from. They accepted our story of losing our transfer papers far too easily both of them quite sure our paperwork would show up within a week or so. We cautiously asked about the dance as well as the 'King and Queen' of it. They were happy to sign us up letting us know the winners would be decided by popular vote starting the day before the dance and continuing through the day of the dance.

They wished us well and sent us off to register for classes, a stop we had no intention of making. By the time they discovered that we had better be long gone... We set out to look for more of our 'alternate' friends but it was a big school and with everyone coming and going between classes we weren't having any luck...

Suddenly a door opened beside us we were dragged into a small classroom, sewing or home economics I guessed by the machines and sewing machines. The girl who had pulled us in looked at us a moment then spun and quickly shut the door.

"You poor dears! I can't believe the scandalous things he's been saying about you! I'm sure they’re not true... Not that it's any of my business..."

"Wait... Who? What?!" We looked around confused.

She sighed pulling a poster out from behind a shelf. It was a blown up picture of Twilight and I holding hands heads together smiling about something... It must have been taken shortly after we left the Principals office... The caption below was what really got our attention though. 'Twilight and Rick Sparkle, brother and sister? Look more like kissing cousins to me. Are these the kind of people you want as your King and Queen? I didn't think so. Vote Sombra and Lyra for your continuing King and Queen.' We both stared a moment dumbfounded.

"What the fu..."

"How could he get this...? Put this together so quickly...?" Twilight stammered.

She quickly rolled up the poster tossing it aside. "He has a lot of little spies around and any threat to him no matter how small he tends to squash..."

"Threat? What kind of threat are we to him?" I asked.

"The dance? King and Queen remember? It's really not that big of a deal..." She fidgeted looking down at her shoes, she looked pretty familiar too and the three diamond hair clip clued me in as she burst out. "Okay it's a big deal!" She gasped. "They get the final say on how the student budget is spend and what sort of dances and activities are planned... Though these past two years have been sparse to be sure... They only do what they want or their 'friends'..." She sighed forcing a smile. "Sorry just venting a little. Oh! How rude of me not to introduce myself, my name is Rarity, pleased to meet you Twilight and Rick correct?" We both nodded numbly still more than a little confused.

She smiled brilliantly giving her hair a flip. "So glad to meet you both, no offence Twilight but perhaps you should give thought to a different running partner? No offence Rick! But the two of you running together is a bit... Odd."

Just then the door burst open and an excited dark-pink haired girl hopped in already talking a mile a minute. "I'll say! Brothers and sisters aren't supposed to be like that..." She grabbed the poster unrolling and squinted at it a moment. "Or holding hands... Well I guess if you were particularly close, or crossing the street! My big sister used to always make me hold her hand when we were going to the park, crossing the street and going to the mall or... Well she kept me very safe, nothing ever happened! Well... Maybe a few times but it really wasn't her fault! I remember one time..."

"Hello Pinkie." I sighed with a grin.

"Hmm...?" She cocked her head to the side looking at me. "Do I know you? Do you know me? I don't think we've met yet, other than the posters... Wait! Can you see through the posters? That would be so cool!"

"Pinkie! Just a lucky guess."

"A guess? Ok! I mean it's a pretty common name right? Well I've never met anyone else with it but I'm sure there must be some out there right?"

"Pinkie..."

"Yes Rarity?"

"Don't you know how to knock? What are you doing here anyhow?!"

"Well duh..." She gestured towards us. "New students and ones already bullied by mister meanie pants. Of course I had to meet them and welcome them to the school! And despite your better than anyone attitude..."

"Pinkie..."

"I knew you would want to help them out as soon as I saw those posters, your generous nature..." She smiled.

"Pinkie I..." She smiled and sighed. "I was just about to suggest a series of disguises they could wear through the year until this blows over."

"Ooh! That sounds like fun! But it would probably just be easier to select a new running mate, then there’s no problem right?"

"That’s... Not a bad idea Pinkie, what do you two think? I know someone who would be perfect for you Twilight!"

She must have felt me growl internally as she quickly held up her hand. "That’s very nice of you Rarity but I'm not sure..."

Rarity sidled up to me giving me a playful smile and a wink. "And maybe you'll need a running mate as well?"

Twilights nails dug into my arm as I smiled politely and tried to keep from wincing. "That’s very nice of you Rarity but I think I'll leave it up to Twi, now who's this guy you think is good enough for my... Sister?"

"Oh I'll just have to introduce you to Flash later, are you sure you want to go through with this darling? Sombra will as you well know fight dirty..."

"I'm sure." Twilight’s look of pure determination was no stranger to me. "If we don't stand up to him who will?"

"Right! I can't wait for you to meet Flash Twilight, he's so cute and he plays guitar in his own band, he's got a motorcycle and..."

"Enough!" I struck the countertop harder than I intended causing all three girls to give me surprised looks, as I straightened up looking sheepish Twilight stood beside me secretly rubbing my back comfortingly. "Sorry... I just meant enough about him and tell us more about you two, are you both part of a small group of friends?"

"Subtle..." Twilight whispered with a grin.

Rarity and Pinkie looked at each other than away both with a slight blush.

"We're not really..."

"Friends... I mean we were but..."

"Pinkie, it's been so long I hardly remember what we were fighting about..."

"Well... You said all my parties were stupid..."

"I never said that!"

"... And Applejack heard you thought her brother was hot..."

"What?! No! I mean he is, but I would never...!" She sputtered.

"Sure, sure. I guess you and Fluttershy are still kind of close and Rainbow Dash... Well I guess she never really liked you that much anyhow." She added with a smirk and an extended tongue.

"Pinkie! Where did you hear such scandalous things? And how could you believe them?"

"I have my sources."

"Who? Tell me now!"

"Never! A journalist never gives up her source!"

"You’re not a journalist Pinkie!"

"Oh... Right... Still not telling." She stated defiantly crossing her arms and turning her back.

"Tell me!"

"Nope."

"Please!"

"Nu Uh."

"Pinkie...!"

"Hold on you two, are you saying the five of you aren't friends?" Twilight asked interposing herself between them.

"Well like I said we were, we used to have so much fun together! And then some people became real jerks!"

"And others started telling everyone fashion was stupid and unnecessary!"

"Oh yeah?!"

"Yes!"

"Enough!" I growled, man I hated high-school drama even back when I was in high-school. "So you had a falling out? All of you?"

"Yes..." They agreed still glaring at each other.

"Well it happens especially in high-school, people start liking different things, different friends, drift apart..."

"I suppose... Though to be honest it all happened quite quickly, one day we were the best of friends and the next we were throwing accusations at each other..." Rarity mused sadly.

"Yeah..." Pinkie agreed her head hung sadly.

"Suspicious..." Twilight pondered adorably lost in thought. "And you've never talked about it? Together I mean?"

"After the horrible things they said?! Never! We've barely spoken two words since and that’s just fine with me."

"Yeah? Well that goes double for me too!" Pinkie retorted both of them turning their backs on each other in a huff.

"Girls please... I don't want you to fight."

"I'm sorry Twilight Sparkle but it's really no business of yours."

"Yeah! Oops... Sorry Twilight."

Twilight sighed reaching out to take each of their hands. "What I mean is what if she really didn't say any of those things? Either of you."

"I... I would feel very foolish and embarrassed, but she..."

Twi squeezed her hand cutting her off. "And you Pinkie?"

She looked on the verge of tears. "I don't know what I'd do... But I know..."

Again she interrupted with a squeeze and a gentle smile. "Did either of you actually hear the other say any of those things?"

They looked at each other a moment shaking their heads slowly. "Nooo... But..."

"But nothing. Stubborn pigheadedness has ruined a lot of friendships over the years but it doesn't have to ruin yours... Does it?"

They turned to face one another wide-eyed. "Pinkie I... I..." Tears began streaming down her face as she clutched Pinkies hands tightly. "I'm sorry! I never would have said those horrible things I swear! I know I give you a hard time but I love your parties! Your free spirit! Can you ever forgive me...?"

"Of course silly!" Pinkie grabbed her up in a big hug, she stiffened a moment unsure but then returned it fully. "I wasn't ever really mad... I was just sad everyone was fighting, I wanted everything back the way it was but I didn't know how! It was too easy to get caught up in something like that, sorry..."

"That’s all right darling all is forgiven..." She smiled winningly. "You know, I feel so much better than I have for a long time."

"Me too..."

"And the others?" Twi asked quietly.

"Oh dear... Fluttershy will naturally be happy all the fighting is at an end but..."

"Dashie and Applejack... Maaybe not so much..."

"Honestly those two could make a living out of arguing!"

"Well I suppose we should hear what they have to say on the matter, Fluttershy as well." I suggested.

"Couldn't hurt... Where... And when do you suppose is the best time to find them?"

"Oh you leave that to Pinkie and I Twilight, meet us at the football field just after school lets out."

"See ya then! Now Rarity about my idea for a dress made completely of cotton candy..." And they were gone.

"Looks like we're getting the band back together..." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing, what do you make of that?"

"Well we do have disagreements sometimes, we're all very different ponies but somehow that’s never really interfered with our friendship. Certainly not like this..."

"Rumors and gossip, far more devastating in this place then in our world..."

Twi let out a little gasp. "You called it our world..."

"Of course, where I came from, those I knew, my family... Well they'll always have a place in my mind and heart. But you, Star and Scootaloo are home now..." I stopped feeling a momentary pang for my little Star and Angel.

She sighed leaning against me letting me wrap my arms around her. "What if we fail? What if we get trapped here?!"

"We won't."

"But..."

"We won't. If all else fails we'll grab the crown right off Sombra's head and run for the portal." I chuckled.

"What if it's too late? We can't let him corrupt its power no matter the cost..."

"I know... And we will, still not quite sure how yet... But we'll think of something."

"And this feud between them... Sombra's doing you think?"

"I have no doubt."

"Seems a little tame for him..."

"A very effective weapon in a high school setting though, his bullying and posturing aside he seems to be trying to keep out of authority’s eye though."

"Maybe..."

"Well without his magic he'd have to make do with what he's got."

"No magic?"

"Well I assumed there wasn't, I mean without your horns..."

"My horn?!" She stumbled over to a mirror set into the wall staring her eyes wide. "Is that... Me?"

I stood behind her gently massaging her shoulders. "A version of you sure, beautiful but not so much as the pony I feel in love with..."

She drew a deep breath wiping a few tears away. "I love you."

"I love you."

"I never even thought about my magic, even when I was getting the books..."

"Too caught up in the new."

"I guess, what am I going to do?"

"Silly, it's never been your magic that’s made you so special. It's a big part of your life of course but it's your mind, your soul that makes you. And with the others you'll be fine."

"With you by me I'll be fine." She smiled. "I hope so, well we better get to know the school a bit better before we meet the others as we're going to be here a few days."

"Sounds like a plan." We spent the rest of the day looking around trying to blend in and ignore the stares and snickers, now that we knew what we were looking for a lot of ponies... Or rather their human counterparts, we noticed everyone from Snips and Snails to Big Mac. Some were slightly older, Miss Cheerilee was still teaching, Zecora too we noticed had a class.

Others were missing altogether, living normal lives elsewhere in the world I imagined. The time flew by and before we knew it we had to head to the football field. And who did we see first? Running without a care across the field kicking and tricking a soccer ball her short rainbow colored hair flying behind her pretty easy to recognize no matter the world.

"Rainbow Dash." Twilight breathed, our gaze was drawn downfield to where Pinkie waving and beckoning us down to where she, Rarity, Fluttershy and another girl Applejack I could only assume were sitting talking amicably it looked like thankfully. As we approached we caught the tail-end of their conversation.

"... ahm not sure why you think these two know anything about it..." She spotted us approaching and gave us a long hard look. "Ah suppose you two's be the new friends Pinkie an Rarity have been goin on about? Twilight an Rick right?" She continued on not waiting for our reply. "Ya we've all seen them posters but seeins they were made by that no-goodnik Sombra an his friends ah'm pretty sure we can discount them."

"Appreciate that..." Something occurred to me just then and I blurted it out. "Shouldn't you be on the farm?"

She gave me a glare. "Ah what’s that supposed ta mean?! How'd you know ma family owned a farm anyhow? Someone tell ya?" She looked suspiciously at Pinkie, Rarity and Fluttershy who quickly took cover behind Rarity.

"Nothing like that, you just... Look the part, sorry if I assumed too much."

She scowled a moment longer before smiling. "Well ah recon ah do at that, it's in ma blood. Me, ma brother an sister do our chores early in the morning then Granny Smith gives us a ride ta school. When she retired from workin the farm she took a part-time job here as the lunch-lady, though we think she's really just keepin an eye on us." She winked. "Ma an Pa keep the farm runnin just fine without us but we help out all we can."

Twilight and I both stiffened a moment at that last statement.

Their alive!

Oh! I wasn't sure we would be able to communicate like this here.

Wherever we are we're still linked my love.

Wouldn't have it any other way... I'm glad her parents are still alive here.

Same.

"Now what’s this all about? An just what do ya know about our... Problems?"

"Well we'll need to talk to you all together..." Twilight glanced out at the field where Dash was kicking several balls back and forth pretending to ignore us.

"Hey showoff! Git over here we got things ta talk about!" A soccer ball came flying at her head which she caught easily. "You'll have ta do better'n that." She laughed ducking as did we all as two more came flying through.

"Rainbow Dash honestly! Would you please come over and at least hear what our new friends have to say?"

She's moved closer already two more balls still at the ready but with Rarity’s plea she crossed her arms a grumpy look on her face as she walked up. "Fine."

"So we've heard the five of you have been... Disagreeing a bit..." Twilight began.

"A little disagreement?! If'n ya'll call outright lying an sabotaging yer 'friends' cider sale..."

"You’re the one who left that cider just laying around! I told you..."

"You did not! Ya theiven little...!"

They were face to face practically growling and snarling at one another, I put a hand on each of their shoulders pushing them apart with considerable difficulty. "Calm down you two." They both glared at me a moment before spinning on their heels turning their backs on each other.

"What a waste of time, I knew nothing had changed..."

"Ah gave it a shot an ah've got better things ta do..."

The looks on Pinkie, Rarity and Fluttershy's faces told me they'd seen this many times before. I guess reason would have to wait for the moment, time to try a different tactic reverse psychology before they marched off.

"Just as well, I guess you weren't very good friends to start with..." That stopped them in their tracks.

They both spun to face me. "What do you know?! Applejack and I were great friends! There’s hardly a better athlete in the school, other than me..."

"Rainbow Dash has always... Almost always stood by every one of us through everything and anything going on in our lives..."

"She's the most honest person I've ever met, if she found a quarter in the hall she'd turn it over to the Principal...!"

"She's led our soccer team ta victory after victory bringing pride ta every student in the school..."

I held up my hands in surrender. "I see, so as good of friends as you were. As highly as you think of one another why do you think either of you would ever deliberately or even accidently hurt the other or any of your friends like that?"

"I... We... But you..." They stammered together, finally they looked at each other understanding dawning.

"So you didn't take that crate of cider I was gonna sell ta the team?"

"No! Of course not! And you didn't ditch me making me look like a fool when I promised them the best cider they'd ever had?"

"You know I'd never do that ta you sugar cube, ah got a text from you sayin we'd have ta do it on Friday an to leave the cider by your locker in the gym room an you'd take care'a it..."

"But I never..."

"Ah know now... If'n I haddn't been so stubborn..."

"Me too... Who would have done such a thing?"

"The same pon... Person, who made Pinkie Pie and Rarity mad at each other, changed the date on Fluttershy’s animal rescue get together so none of you showed up..." Twilight whispered catching each of their eyes.

And far worse...

"Sombra..." Applejack growled.

"I'm going to kick that jerk so hard he'll be in traction for a month!"

"Not if ah get to him first!"

"Is that really what’s important right now?"

They looked back and forth between each other and Twilight both of them blushing lightly.

"Ah do owe ya an apology Rainbow, all of ya... Ah'm sorry, ah never should have let ma temper get th better'a me."

"Me too, I could see things getting out of hand but I just kept pushing... Sorry... And sorry for writing all those things about you on the bathroom wall..." Dash whispered.

"What?!"

"Nothing, nothing...! I'm just glad we're all friends again... We are all friends again, right?"

"Of course!" Pinkie giggled dragging each of them over into a group hug including Twilight, I stood aside for a moment smiling but Pinkie wasn't about to let me off that easily and dragged me in as well. Having that many young beautiful girls pressed against you is... Very comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time especially when one of them is your wife!

We separated after a moment smiles all around until Dash and Applejack got serious looks on their faces.

"Alright what’s our plan to get back at that jerk Sombra?"

"Just what ah was thinkin... Ya know ah kin get my hands on quite a load of manure..."

"We could just leave him alone..." Fluttershy squeaked.

"Ugh, disgusting. I say we spread some nasty gossip about him around, turnabout is fair play after all..."

"We could throw him a big party and invite all his friends!"

"And then egg them all!"

"What?! No, no I just meant..."

"Yer right Pinkie, too soft. Tar an featherin's the only way ta go!"

"Tar and...? No! I just mean maybe he wouldn't be such a meanie pants if we were nicer to him..."

"Pinkie darling you can't just be nice to someone like him and expect results."

"But..."

"I have an idea..." Fluttershy whispered but went unnoticed as the girls threw out idea after idea Twilight and I watching somewhat amused until I noticed her trying to be heard.

"What is it Fluttershy?"

Everyone stopped talking and looked to her immediately making her turn beet red hiding behind her hair. "Well... He... Sombra that is, really seemed upset about losing that crown and if he just gets it anyhow that’s not fair. Maybe we could help Twilight win instead teaching him a lesson and helping our new friend?"

"That’s a wonderful idea darling!"

"Sounds like fun!"

"Well... It's not the nut-kicking he deserves, but if it makes him mad I guess I'm all for it!"

"Alright we got a plan... Hmm... Well an guess we got an idea, we still need a plan..."

"Hmm..." Everyone thought a moment.

"Can we think of a plan tomorrow?" Pinkie asked her stomach grumbling making her grin sheepishly. "Mom's making my favorite tonight!"

"Ah should git goin too, Granny won't wait long fer me."

"I'm sure we'll all think about it tonight and have some great ideas in the morning! Twilight, Rick we'll see you in the morning ok?"

"Sure Rarity." I nodded.

We all said our goodbyes and they all took off their separate ways, Applejack meeting Big Mac, Applebloom and Granny Smith in the parking lot driving off in her old pickup truck. Fluttershy catching a ride with Rarity in her white Porsche, Pinkie zipping away on her pink moped and Dash pedaling away amazingly fast on her mountain bike.

"That went well." I chuckled.

"Sure did, I know it's not the same but it's nice to see them like this..."

"Like this?"

"Young... Well younger, they were already grown and on their own when I first met them, I've always wondered what they were like when they were growing up. What things might have been like if I'd met them earlier..."

"Every bit as amazing as now I'm sure, though I'm sure some stallion would have snapped up this beautiful mare and I would have been out of luck..." I teased.

"As if..." She blushed slightly leaning against me as a cool breeze blew through the field. "Um... Rick?"

"Hmm?"

"Where are we going to sleep tonight?"

Dammit! I hadn’t thought about that either... I suppose we could go back through the portal but it wouldn't be a good idea to call attention to it, if even one person saw us... No that wouldn't do, where...? Where? "I have no idea..."

"Well..."

We got a few odd looks from the evening janitors but I guess they'd seen their fair share of students rushing back after the school had closed for something they'd forgotten as none of them questioned us.

Sneaking past the librarian was quite easy too as she was distracted gathering up her things to go. As the lights went out we breathed a sigh of relief together.

"Well it certainly won't be the first night we've spend in a strange library..." I chuckled.

"Humph, true..." Her gaze softened. "What I wouldn't give to be back in our library..."

"I know... Me too." I held her tight a moment.

We searched around in the waning light finding a couple of drop cloths and a quiet corner of the library where we wouldn't be disturbed even if we slept in a bit, we settled down some books as our pillows. While I was searching around I had found someone’s music player charging on one of the computers we'd be sure to leave that at the desk tomorrow but for tonight... We shared the earbuds going through the songs as we drifted off.

1. Driver

2. Siberia

3. Closing Time

4. Love into the Light

5. Wide Awake

6. Hurt

7. Boop

8. It's Time

9. Push

10. Wings

We were leaning against one another falling asleep by the end.

Sleep tight Twi, it'll be ok...

Love you...

Love you...

Author's Note:

Well... It's been awhile eh? And for not too much work... Shrug, dunno. Just been... Severely unmotivated lately, not just for this for everything. Not depressed or anything like that really just haven't wanted to do anything, still love the show, still love Twi... Can't explain it... Anyhow! I'm back, hopefully. Sorry for the wait really I am, hope you enjoy this humble offering and that your all doing well.
Ciao
Rick