• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 1,685 Views, 103 Comments

Apples in the Moonlight: Crackshipping Applejack and Luna - bahatumay



It started out as a chance meeting in the orchard. It would become so much more.

  • ...
7
 103
 1,685

Two Become One

Cadence stood tall at the front of the altar with a small smile playing at the edges of her lips, visible even through the flickering lights of the candles. She did manage to contain her giddiness, though, as she spoke. “I can honestly say I never thought I'd ever officiate a wedding like this; but rest assured, I—and I'm sure the entirety of the night guard—wholeheartedly approve.”

Luna and Applejack smiled at each other. They most certainly did, too.

Cadence continued. “Do you, Macintosh, take this mare, to have and to hold, to provide for and protect her, and love her as long as you both shall live?” Cadence asked.

“Eeyup!” Big Mac said proudly.

Cadence turned to the bat pony standing across from him. “And do you, Nova, promise to guard and protect and love this stallion, as long as you both shall live?”

The noctral nodded. “I do,” she said softly.

“Then by the power vested in me by virtue of my position as princess, I now pronounce you mare and colt. You may kiss.”

And they happily did so.

A pony stepped forward and took a picture. His camera flashed once.

Then he slumped to the ground, numerous sleeping darts embedded in his back.

Luna leaned over to Applejack and whispered an explanation. “My noctrali don't like flash photography,” she observed dispassionately.

Applejack cracked a smile. It turned a bit more wry as she saw that Macintosh was still kissing Nova. She turned to Luna. “Do you think-?”

“I say let them,” Luna murmured. “It has been a long time since my noctrali have had anything to celebrate.”

Applejack glanced around and she wasn't so certain that all the noctrali were celebrating, but still she smiled anyway.

* * *

Vinyl Scratch lay slumped over her turntables, sleeping darts embedded in her back. Apparently, the noctrali didn't like flashing rave lights, either. In her defense, though, she had managed to last fifteen minutes before activating them. The temptation had just been too strong. In hindsight, it might have been wise to not have connected them to a big red button.

Her playlist had soon run out; but Apples were good at improvising. With barely a break in the music, they had pulled out instruments and had started providing their own music, turning the dance into a square dancing shindig.

And as it turned out, noctrali like to dance. They're also quick learners, picking up on the caller's patter almost instantly. It wasn't long before all the noctrali and Apples were dancing together, interlacing and stamping and promenading side by side,.

Well, all but one, that is.

Luna returned to Applejack's wheelchair, bringing with her two mugs of fresh cider. She set them down on the table and then pulled one closer to herself.

“Thanks.” Applejack watched the dancing jealously. “Wish I could be out there,” she grumbled as she reached for the mug. “This dang contraption…”

“Worry not,” Luna said comfortingly. “You will get out of that… er… contraption soon enough.”

“Yeah, well, soon enough isn't,” Applejack groused, taking a drink. She looked wistfully at the ponies on the dance floor. “At least Mac is having fun.”

Sure enough, the large red pony was having the time of his life, dancing with his bat pony bride, who was also enjoying herself. She was laughing gleefully, and her fangs gleamed in the low light as she kept up easily with his dance pattern. The caller seemed to take this as a challenge, one they were only too happy to accept. Applejack recognized some of the more advanced patterns coming out as the dance progressed, and she couldn't suppress a smile. They looked so happy together. She turned to Luna. “Do you think we'll ever get something like that?” Applejack asked.

“It is possible,” Luna said. “In fact, it is very likely. But a royal wedding requires much planning and preparation.” A smile played at her lips. “And a bride who is physically capable for the… demands of that first wedding night.”

Applejack choked on her drink. She wiped her mouth and stared in shock at Luna. “Did you just…?” she sputtered.

Luna full-on laughed then, hard enough to bring a tear to her eye. “It is one of the things I enjoy most about this new era. Speaking of sensual matters is less taboo than before, and we can discuss such things without shame.”

Applejack's eyes widened in equal parts shock, surprise, and arousal as Luna, hidden by the tablecloth, surreptitiously drew her wing across her cutie mark; something she'd never done in public before.

“Because the night,” Luna concluded, “is made for loving.”

Author's Note:

Roll credits.